Showcase Reviews

• Choice Of Films

• Refreshments

Summary

Showcase have cinemas around the UK including locations such as Peterborough, Nottingham, Nantgarw, Coventry, Derby, Reading. At Review Centre we have reviews of Showcase and other top cinema chains to help you decide which one to use.

If you're a regular Showcase attendee at your local Showcase, why not review it and let other know about the screen quality, prices, promotions and customer service.

Showcase - Ask a question now

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 28/01/2014

Wanted to avoid long queues at ticket office and buy ticket in advance on line but these people charge 60p PER TICKET commission for this. Also cannot reserve seat even if you do buy in advance. So you're paying 60p for doing them a favour and get absolutely NOTHING for it. What are they thinking of? This practice should be investigated by consumer groups and others… Read Full Review

“Showcase Cinema Derby (not the De Lux)”

Written on: 14/02/2013 by jennygw (1 review written)

Worst experience I have ever had at a cinema. Their web site was misleading and when I arrived they weren't even showing the 3D version of the film I wanted to see. I elected to see the 2D version instead, bad mistake. The sound system is awful. I could hardly hear the voices it was so bad,there seemed to be only one speaker for the voices which was a pathetic affair sounding cheap 1980 boombox. Loud humming noises were audible throughout the film. When I remonstrated with the manager her… Read Full Review

“Showcase Cinemas Booking On Line”

Written on: 30/10/2012 by alan_br12df (6 reviews written)

The Showcase Cinema site for booking on line is just appalling. Freezes, goes back, returns errors and in the end after 6 attempts I gave up. By the way the "contact us" link on the site goes to a redundant address so don't think you can easily sort out anything afterwards… Read Full Review

It4C's Response to alan_br12df's Review

Written on: 03/08/2013

I couldn't agree more. It is undoubtadly the worst ecommerce site ever created. I've never used any other site where I had to enter my credit card details *before* I even choose what I want to buy! Here, you have to create a login or be a guest and enter your cc details, then look at a film time, want to check another, so have to start again (enter cc details, login...) and so on. Even when you select a film and click book we have problems with the site saying it can't contact the cinema, the booking hasn't gone through - but it has. And so on and so on. I also tried the "Contact us" link and *eventually* found an email address I could contact. I emailed them, did get a reply saying they would pass this on, but never heard from them again.

I think it is difficult to make it worse!

“Showcase is close to where we live, and therefore it...”

Written on: 29/07/2010

Showcase is close to where we live, and therefore it is convenient for us to go there. However, yesterday evening we left our house early knowing that it was going to be busy as of the orange two for one on wednesdays deal, at 7:15pm and arrived at showcase and saw people streaming in. The queue to go in was coming out of the cinema, and into the car park. Our family of four waited in the queue for nearly an hour, just to get our tickets. Finally, we got there and we got the tickets for Toy… Read Full Review

“The Cinema in Nantgarw is situated opposite a...”

Written on: 27/08/2008

The Cinema in Nantgarw is situated opposite a McDonalds which is quite convienient. However, the floor when i went was absolutely unacceptably dirty! The gunk stuck to my shoes lick tacky glue. The price for a fourteen year old is £7.95! Expensive, dirty "hole."… Read Full Review

“When it was the only multiplex cinema in Nottingham,...”

Written on: 20/08/2007 by slayer130 (8 reviews written)

When it was the only multiplex cinema in Nottingham, it had no worries. However since the likes of Cineworld etc have emerged, I am afraid it has lost its way and needs to have a long hard look at itself. The little independent cinemas may not have the choice of film, but will always have the quality and the price that is right for most families… Read Full Review

Kangaroopouch's Response to slayer130's Review

Written on: 22/08/2007

I agree, at one time Showcase was the place to see films but there's loads of others to compete with it now and they just don't seem to deliver any more. A lot of local smaller cinemas have closed down too because of these giant multiplexes; which is a shame as they are so much better. It makes me sad to see these once lovely movie theatres turned into nightclubs and the like!

“I used to go to Showcase years ago as they were one of...”

Written on: 06/11/2005 by pnadin (122 reviews written)

I used to go to Showcase years ago as they were one of the first multiscreen cinemas. Now they face competition form UCI, Cineworld and Virgin who provide comfy chairs and cup holders.

I don't go anymore - maybe they will improve… Read Full Review