Triumph Thunderbird Reviews

Triumph Thunderbird - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Triumph Thunderbird

Triumph Thunderbird
Triumph Thunderbird

“Wow, I have had my Triumph Thunderbird big bore 1700...”

Written on: 14/04/2010

Wow, I have had my Triumph Thunderbird big bore 1700 for 2 weeks now and it is awesome!
Ordered it in Sept 2009 and was told in January that the factory were going to do the big bore fit rather than the dealer. This meant a slight delay but really worth waiting for.
Took bike to Aberaeron in Wales over the weekend in wonderful weather and we did almost 500 miles in 3 days. Now it has to go in for its first service.
The grunt, the power, the torque are just amazing. Keeping the revs to between… Read Full Review

“I have owned a Triumph America for two years and...”

Written on: 22/09/2009

I have owned a Triumph America for two years and absolutely love it. That is until last week when I got the opportunity to ride the new Triumph Thunderbird. I have changed the front tyre of the America but no need to change the back tyre. I ride hard and I ride often but I don't do burnouts and I get 15,000km plus out of a tyre. Now i wanna Thunderbird. Best ride I've had yet… Read Full Review

“I have now put 70000 klms on the clock now and the...”

Written on: 23/09/2008 by brutalbrital (1 review written)

I have now put 70000 klms on the clock now and the redbird still looks like it just come off the factory floor. It has performed faultlessly. Zero mechanical faults, some very minor electrical faults but nothing to affect reliability. I get a good 230kph with a little in reserve but who needs it. The redbird does need TLC but thats a pleasure on such a fantastic motorcycle. It's a pity that the NEW thunderbird has been reduced to a Harley rip off but there will be enough people out there to… Read Full Review

“I have 20,083 miles on the Triumph Thunderbird, which...”

Written on: 23/02/2006 by bjlovejoy (1 review written)

I have 20,083 miles on the Triumph Thunderbird, which I have ridden for 2+ years now. I've ridden in ALL weather conditions, and usually ride it at it's comfort speed of 82 to 85 miles per hour. Though I'm 48 years old, I run with kids with rockets, and give them one hell of a run while I'm at it.

I've had the opportunity to ride ALL models of Triumph motorcycles during a factory demo day at the local rep, and I gained a new appreciation for the Thunderbird after that experience. I made a… Read Full Review

Crichton_Ius's Response to 231347_bjlovejoy's Review

Written on: 28/07/2013

as a fellow owner, I would back up everything said - brilliant lovable reliable chromy torquey planted roadster!

“Ive owned and ridden a Triumph Thunderbird from new in...”

Written on: 12/07/2005 by triumphthunderbird (1 review written)

Ive owned and ridden a Triumph Thunderbird from new in 2002 and have clocked up almost 20,000 miles. These have included daily commutes and touring in France and UK. I use my red and silver Thunderbird all year round and it has never spent a day under cover - I don't have a garage - and apart from badly pitted mirrors and to a much lesser extent the wheels - it looks like new. At the first service the neutral switch was replaced under warranty - nothing else has failed.

The main thing about… Read Full Review

Twaters's Response to triumphthunderbird's Review

Written on: 06/04/2006

I am an old bloke by the way and I love my Thunderbird. I have had it for three years and now have difficulty riding it because I have developed arthritis in my hip. I have the option of spending thousands on a Speedmaster (or Harley if desperate) or even more thousands on a hip operation. I'm having the operation! I also considered a BSA lightning for the nostalgia thingy but I thought about the oil on the floor and the constant maintenance so that also got the flick.

“Triumph have now stopped manufacturing the Thunderbird...”

Written on: 23/02/2005 by theory900 (5 reviews written)

Triumph have now stopped manufacturing the Thunderbird range I believe, probably due to the success of the Bonneville range which, to my mind, looks even better. Despite that I have found the T-bird to be a great bike, plenty of power, loads of torque and surprisingly quick.
The seat is, in my opinion, it's greatest weakness as although it looks comfortable it's actually a pain in the rear after an hour or so.
Range is 135 - 150 miles per tank, mpg about 40, top speed reputed to be 125 mph but… Read Full Review

231347_Bjlovejoy's Response to theory900's Review

Written on: 23/02/2006

I have multiple verifications that the speedometer under reports on this model. It'll go 125 MPH any day of the week, and 135 MPH down hill with a good wind.

Theory900's Response to theory900's Review

Written on: 22/08/2006

This is really an update to my previous review in that I've just written off my beloved T'Bird!
<br/>
<br/>20mph, dry sunny day. My error entirely - I over-reacted to a truck which suddenly turned into my path, I did a full lock left and hit the front brake. In fact the truck was further away than I realised and I could have done a proper controlled stop if I had not panicked. The upshot is that the tyre gripped and stopped the bike dead, the front wheel buckled then the spokes pulled through the rim, the forks dived and bent, the bars dented the tank, the mirror and indicators snapped.
<br/>
<br/>End result? £4,500 quote for repair (that does include new exhaust and swing arm - both of which were scratched rather than ruined). So the bike is gone.

“The Triumph Thunderbird has all the makings of a true...”

Written on: 22/09/2008

The Triumph Thunderbird has all the makings of a true classic with enough power to keep up with others and still look good when parked up… Read Full Review

“The Triumph Thunderbird must be one of the best...”

Written on: 20/05/2008

The Triumph Thunderbird must be one of the best standard/cafe bikes ever made. Great bike for long hauls, very comfortable riding position. Almost worry free engine. Great handeling… Read Full Review

“Triumph Thunderbird Cruiser Review:”

Written on: 01/12/2006 by triumphchap (1 review written)

Triumph Thunderbird Cruiser Review:
I have also bought items that carry the Triumph name/logo; such as caps, ink pen, stickers worn on my helmet, a Triumph jacket through Ebay, and I am a member of the Riders Association of Triumph known as R.A.T. It is free to join and they will register your name, contact information, year, make, model of your Triumph and you can choose a username/password. You will also receive their free periodical about all things motorcycle related to Triumph… Read Full Review