Garage Defender Reviews

Garage Defender - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Garage Defender

Garage Defender

“Useless”

Written on: 14/09/2011 by richardmorgan1 (1 review written)

Had one of these on my garage. Thiefs easily prised it off the base unit. Didn't even wake me or the neighbours. It may put off an opportunist but is incredibly easy to remove by a determined criminal. Don't waste your money on this… Read Full Review

“in the 1st week my 1st key broke and 2 months after...”

Written on: 21/03/2011

in the 1st week my 1st key broke and 2 months after the spare key broke and thi sitme half of it got stuck in so was in a mess… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I am very disappointed with the performance of this...”

Written on: 02/06/2008 by drussellwilks (2 reviews written)

I am very disappointed with the performance of this product. I fitted it believing it to be the € ultimate € in home garage security, but how wrong I was. Last week the whole lock and shackle was levered away from the door and thieves made away with 4 very expensive bicycles, a motorbike and a selection of high quality tools. I was disgusted by how poorly the lock was designed; being just folded metal as opposed to a strengthened weld made it easy to prise off with just a bar. The… Read Full Review

“I fitted this PJB locking device to a garage I was...”

Written on: 06/11/2006 by iwatson (1 review written)

I fitted this PJB locking device to a garage I was renting for storage to give piece of mind as my flat was half a mile away. On arrival at the garage one day I saw the securing bar had been cut off & the garage opened. It turned out that the owner had lost my contact details & my direct debit for the rental had lapsed so he forced entry. He said he had cut it off with a cutting disc. i.e. If someone needs in, this device won't stop them.
As I said, I think the basic idea is good, but the… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I installed a PJB Gates Garage Defender Master on my...”

Written on: 15/11/2004 by LBrady (1 review written)

I installed a PJB Gates Garage Defender Master on my up-and-over door 2 weeks ago. This was bolted into concrete and tightended exactly as per manufacturer's instructions, using the provided installation kit. It clearly acted as a fantastic advertisement that there was something worth having in the garage, as the garage was burgled within 2 weeks of its installation. The entire Defender was levered out of the ground - bending the T-bar, ground plate and bolts. Useless. £700 worth of bikes… Read Full Review

Tinayouren's Response to LBrady's Review

Written on: 17/11/2004

As UK designer and manufacturer of this highly accreditted and Sold Secure approved Garage Defender we would personally like to discuss these comments made by L Brady by return concerning the installation of this product in question.( Contact P J B Security Products on tel 0117 9659240)

Gsrider's Response to LBrady's Review

Written on: 17/04/2009

So are PJB saying that fitted onto concrete properly, it can't be levered out?

Tencore4's Response to LBrady's Review

Written on: 18/08/2008

Would using a form of chemical anchor in the hole prior to inserting the bolts be beneficial?

Tinayouren's Response to LBrady's Review

Written on: 06/12/2004

Re; site inspection of Mr L Bradys garage and driveway on Friday 26th November 2004 we conclude that this product had been incorrectly fitted by Mr L Brady onto a tarmac coated driveway NOT the recommended solid concrete base as required,also the internal fixing bolt had NOT been fitted onto the garage concrete base as illustrated within our recommended fitting instructions. A letter has been forwarded to Mr L Brady raising a number of issues over this installation as of 6th December 2004 we have had no reply from Mr L Brady.

Lbrady's Response to LBrady's Review

Written on: 26/11/2004

Follow up to my earlier review: Naively, I took up the opportunity to speak with PJB Security about my experience with this product. Unfortunately, it seemed that they were only interested in proving it had not been installed properly, rather than dealing with what I consider a design flaw. For the record:
<br>1) My garage floor is ~ 5" solid concrete. There is a ~1/2" thick tapered edge of surface bitumen where the Defender was installed, but I don't believe this significantly affected installation strength - note the top 6-7mm of the expansion bolt is a collar that doesn't do any expanding anyway.
<br>2) The bolts were in the two end holes of the base plate - one under the padlock, the other under the garage door.
<br>3) Both were torqued to just above the recommended settings using a torque wrench.
<br>4) Holes were drilled as per instructions.
<br>
<br>In my telephone call to PJB Security, they were (putting it mildly) less than polite to me, leaving me no option but to terminate the call (i.e. hang up) on the third occasion that they started shouting at me. I have not agreed to a site inspection as (1) they have been very rude (I am not in the habit of giving my address details to aggressive strangers), and (2) it seems clear they are simply looking to find fault with the installation. They have insisted that I had 'no right to submit a review without speaking to them first' and that I withdraw the above review. I don't feel this is appropriate.
<br>Consumers should note that although this product is 'Sold Secure', it is 'Bronze' (lowest) level only.
<br>On a brighter note, many thanks to the local constabulary who recovered the bikes and have been immensely helpful. 10/10. I am very grateful.

“The PJB Gates Garage Defender Motorbike Security...”

Written on: 22/07/2004 by ducatisps (2 reviews written)

The PJB Gates Garage Defender Motorbike Security System came well packaged - it was delivred by next day delivery from www.insurancesecurity.co.uk. The lock is substantial. You need to make sure that your garage door will not knock against the locking pin. I had to position mine further out as the door did not immediately swing upwards. Easy to fitwith four bolts and a really neat way of stopping you undo the bolts - fit ballbearings in the top of the bolt - brilliant!… Read Full Review

Elite Security's Response to ducatisps's Review

Written on: 08/01/2010

there is a newer version out now with a stranger arm, pjb have also bought out a "secure a door" which attached to the door and the fixing part is now sunk into the ground so there is nothing to trip over. Take a look here: http://www.elitesecuritysupplies.com/garage_door_security_devices_products.html