Hill MK2 Air Rifle Pump Reviews

Hill MK2 Air Rifle Pump - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hill MK2 Air Rifle Pump

Hill MK2 Air Rifle Pump

“Swayed by this review, I bought a Hills, cheaper from...”

Written on: 23/05/2011

Swayed by this review, I bought a Hills, cheaper from their own web site, and fast service. Assembled in 10 mins and S510 up from 80 bar to 190 in under 10 mins. Fairly easy I'm 13st amd 5' 10", would have been even easier if was a couple of inches taller. I needed to pull up my arms to get full height on the pump, but the hard downward pressure stroke was made easy by tucking my hands in under my stomach and let my weight push down on the handle. I dont think my air bottle will be getting… Read Full Review

“Genrally really good quality pump but costs a bit...”

Written on: 13/08/2008 by star shooter (2 reviews written)

Genrally really good quality pump but costs a bit much. It looks imressive and dosnt look like it'll break easy an really really easy to pump I need 220 bar for my x2 sports an I can easy pump it up to that in 1 minute when puting all my engery in… Read Full Review

“Pump is easy to use if you take your time, and use...”

Written on: 10/07/2008 by Urban Sniper (2 reviews written)

Pump is easy to use if you take your time, and use full length strokes. My mate went at it pumping like mad, and was knackered after 2mins. All in all a first class product… Read Full Review

“I have found this to be a really easy pump to use. I'm...”

Written on: 17/10/2007 by Freddy Horn (8 reviews written)

I have found this to be a really easy pump to use. I'm only 7.7 stone and I don't struggle to fill my rifle up. The gauge is really accurate and the bleed valve is a great thing to have. I found it really easy to construct; didn't need the instructions, a 4 year old could do it. It's not very portable like a buddy bottle as its quite heave and won't go in a rucksack without disassembly.
Overall it's a great pump and I have had no problem with it.

Freddy Horn… Read Full Review

“My Daystate requires 220 bar for a full fill. It is...”

Written on: 03/03/2007 by Brettl (15 reviews written)

My Daystate requires 220 bar for a full fill. It is difficult to pump once you get over 200 BAR. I have to use all my weight and I am 200 lbs… Read Full Review

“I agree with Kosha this is easy to pump up I expect...”

Written on: 14/01/2007 by Accuracy (6 reviews written)

I agree with Kosha this is easy to pump up I expect that an 11 year old could do it.
When I got it with my gun I thought oh god this is going to be hard judging from the reviews but once I fitted it up which was incredibely easy I connected it to my Air Arms S410 Carbine pumped it up quickly and easily with no hassle.

These pumps are a lot more economical than a diving tank and dont require a refill.

I suggest buying one of these to anyone although they are slightly expensive.

Thanks for… Read Full Review

“I've seen a lot of reviews on other sites, with many...”

Written on: 28/12/2006 by Kosha (1 review written)

I've seen a lot of reviews on other sites, with many complaining about the effort required to fill the rifle cylinder. Well I have been using my Hill Pump for quite a while and can only say the effort required is very little. I do not know wht these whimps are complaining about, I'm 58 and I don't even break into a sweat… Read Full Review

“I bought a Hill MK2 pump along with my ags lw8 light...”

Written on: 25/04/2006 by the boss 1 (4 reviews written)

I bought a Hill MK2 pump along with my ags lw8 light fantastic is all I can say about 20 pumps and got it from 1k P.S.I to 3k P.S.I was a bit worried with reviewers saying about 180 - 200 pumps to charge their rifles but that ended up being unfounded. For myself it is a great tool and I am glad that I decided to not buy a scuba tank as this would of resulted in a reoccuring charge, for what i see as a bit of fun on a Sunday morning… Read Full Review

“The Hill MK2 Air Rifle Pump is very easy to assemble,...”

Written on: 30/03/2006 by ashe18c (5 reviews written)

The Hill MK2 Air Rifle Pump is very easy to assemble, just three parts that screw together (base, pump, handle). Very easy to pump up to 100bar, then gets a little difficult. I assume all pumps would be the same. Takes a few hundred pumps to fill an empty take (airforce condor tank). But after a few hours of shooting, my tank is still half full. The dry pack removes the moisture really well, better than other pumps. If you get this pump, remember to release the air in the hose from the valve… Read Full Review

“Hill MK2 Air Rifle Pump ”

Written on: 16/06/2004 by cornz (2 reviews written)

Hill MK2 Air Rifle Pump

Has all the info you need.
The pump is a stirrup pump and comes in essentially 3 parts. All you need to do is attach the handle with 2 included screws, foot plate, once again, 2 screws and if you have it the DryPac filter. Took 10 mins to assemble. Looks and feels sturdy. The unit has its own pressure gauge which means you dont have to keep looking at the gun cylinder to see how much air is in there. My HW100… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to cornz's Review

Written on: 12/09/2004

Hello cornz.....lovely review which I might not have read if I were not in the market for a PCP.
<br>
<br>I can assure you that whatever model I choose, a Hills pump will be accompanying it. They sound a great little company and I wish them all success - they deserve it.

Written on: 11/02/2008

Just to let you know, although the air pressure gauge on the pump has failed, its still working prefectly well to this day.Changed the filters 18month ago...
<br/>
<br/>

Bebbo's Response to cornz's Review

Written on: 30/12/2006

Good review. I'll be getting a Hill MK2 Air Rifle Pump with my first PCP. Thanks.

Winstone's Response to cornz's Review

Written on: 31/03/2005

By accident mine spent a month at the bottom of a muddy pond !
<br>Recovered when the weather improved.
<br>After a quick bath and scub-up (the pump, not me) it worked fine.
<br>It fills my superTen a treat.
<br>
<br>Dave
<br>Stevenage
<br>Herts.

Written on: 29/03/2005

haggardpete, have you spoken to Hills about the issues you have? I found them to be more then helpful.
<br>Certainly worth a try!!!
<br>I still standby my review and am sure they will rectify the issue for you.
<br>Regards, Cornz.
<br>PS, please post the result on here.

Haggardpete's Response to cornz's Review

Written on: 25/03/2005

Sorry to report this but I bought one of these and my experience has not been so good. The pump was supplied with either badly machined fittings or body and could not be assembled. There were also debris visible inside the air inlet. Perhaps mine was a rogue but I can’t recommend this pump.

Written on: 18/03/2005

Well, 8 months or so down the line and the pump hasnt skipped a beat.
<br>Going to get it serviced when its a year old but im more then happy with it.

Haggardpete's Response to cornz's Review

Written on: 18/03/2005

Thanks for the comprehensive review - I was undecided as to use a scuba tank or a pump and this helps a lot.

Gphardy's Response to cornz's Review

Written on: 21/11/2004

Just bought a hills pump with drypac system for my "BSA Hornet K Multishot" have not received it as yet, but glad to hear you rave on it, as i was wondering if i made the right choice.
<br>Cheers