Arriva Bus Service Reviews

300

Summary

Share your reviews of Arriva Bus Travel and help yourself and others to make comparisons on these and other travel companies. Your views on routes, prices, physical environment or even that friendly busdriver, are vital on the road to being better informed and enjoy a pleasant journey.
Arriva Bus Service - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Arriva Bus Service

Arriva Bus Service

“I am a regular person who takes the bus, I use this...”

Written on: 23/03/2017

I am a regular person who takes the bus, I use this service to get to and from college. My first point is that they are always late!! In th winter I was waiting a good hour for the bus to turn up and it's jammed packed! The bus drivers can be friendly but there are some who are very rude with the way they speak to you, said when you just ask for your ticket! the prices in which you charge are so expensive! I am a student and doesn't have a lot of money so charging 30p extra to go from one… Read Full Review

“Never arrive ”

Written on: 16/03/2017 by McCaffreyig186 (1 review written)

The buses NEVER turn up, and this is the worst service I have ever seen. Would never recommend it ever I spent two years getting the bus to and from the train station to get to school and was late almost by half an hour on a good day… Read Full Review

“driver attitude”

Written on: 07/03/2017 by SalvatoreFinch1950 (1 review written)

arriva drivers should realise that they are not the only ones on the road some manners would be a good idea when they are given way to they also must be trained in just pulling out in front of whatever traffic is in there way and expect you to move over ,they should also try and remember that tbere bus is fitted with indicators or are they told not to use them.arriva bus drivers are NOT the only ones on the road… Read Full Review

“Rude driver's”

Written on: 04/03/2017 by Lewi-Tee (1 review written)

Well I just got kicked of the bus because the driver refused to open the door to let me on the bus so I pressed the button and open the door after arguing 5mins with the driver asking him why he refused to open the door he told me to get of his bus or he isn't driving and he didn't want to open the door coz he was about to leave, I told him I'm going to tell the office about this he was like oh well, Went to the office in Milton Keynes straight away expecting them to actually care about the… Read Full Review

“Worst Bus Service EVER!!!!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 09/12/2016 by LukeSummers87 (1 review written)

I live in the city centre of Chester CH1. I rely on the No.1 "Sapphire" service (Chester-Wrexham) to get to work in Chester Business park. I can say without doubt that it is the worst service I have ever come across. The Buses are always late or no shows and when you complain/ask questions (Via Twitter) as the phone service is never answered the replies seem to be automated and ask questions even though all information is in the original tweet. Arriva is just ticking the box with regards to… Read Full Review

“Absolutely Terrible Customer Service (Arriva Bus Services)”

Written on: 21/11/2016 by JeremyWentworth (1 review written)

These buses are not only always late, but the drivers are incredibly rude. On the 20th November I got on the Ackworth bus to Wakefield (483 maybe?) and I was drilled by the driver for handing him a £10 note. It was all I had and I had no way to get any change. He then started saying I should have paid for the girl in front of me (Who I was traveling with) I tried to explain that we had paid separately because we required different tickets and didn't want to end up with the wrong change. I feel… Read Full Review

“Seriously awful”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by Powersmd245 (1 review written)

Arriva buses in Yorkshire are consistently late, on occasion have failed to turn up and now tonight, a driver failed to stop for me despite me flagging him down and the bus being nearly empty ( leaving me stranded on a dark and cold street). At nearly £5 per day for a ticket I feel totally ripped off and let down by an awful commuting experience and a customer services team who have a total lack of regard for customer safety and concerns… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/12/2016

I feel you pain - Complain to them on twitter as well @arrivabuswales the more complaints maybe the service will improve.

“worst driver ever ”

Written on: 15/11/2016

On bus 82 double decker bus driver was speeding and failed to stop after bell had been pressed repeatedly the driver failed to stop as getting off my cousin almost fell down steps as driver stoped at the last second this happened on the 15th of November at around ten to five in the afternoon not impressed and wouldn't recommend to my friends… Read Full Review

“Worst Bus Service Ever”

Written on: 10/11/2016 by BrynleeShelton (1 review written)

Today (10th of November 2016) at about 5pm ish, we waited for the Bus 121 to Enfield Island Village, it was a pathetic experience in the sense that while several buses going other routes were on schedule, the Bus 121 to Island Village never arrived, the only one which showed up was taking the Enfield Highway route and the driver was nonchalant to provide reason for the issue. I felt pity for the elderly couples amongst us who waited for more than an hour at the station in the cold. I understand… Read Full Review

“always late ”

Written on: 01/10/2016 by SylviaO'Reilly (1 review written)

I had my 2 year old grandson who at 2-45 did not want to walk to school to get his sister so I had a day ticket and told him we could go on a bus. One fella already there said he's been waiting fo 20 mins already. I said there's one due soon.well that didn't turn up.started to panic about granddaughter at school which finished at 3-20. Time is passing and still no bus.tha bus first Leeds came and we got on that at 3-29. We came down leadwell lane and I noticed a 444 coming from Stainton road… Read Full Review

“worst bus company!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 14/09/2016 by Grahameo151 (1 review written)

Arrival is the worst transport services eve.its now 8.30am and I have been waiting on the buss from 7.53 99.9% of the they are LATE they say they are are going somewhere place and after 2 stop they terminate the bus they don't give a care in the world about all us that is using their services personal I would never use this it again because of their stupidity I'm late for university I honestly think you people are the worst service ever to be running in the road #route173. Hate it disgraceful… Read Full Review

“Rude customer service”

Written on: 02/09/2016 by LoganFinnegan217 (1 review written)

Rang customer service as I was having a problem with the app. Got transferred 4 times to people that rudely answered their phone and told I need to talk to a different team even though that team had just transferred me to them. No telephone manners. Left the conversation with no answers and disgusted with the service… Read Full Review

“Excellent and tidy ”

Written on: 25/08/2016 by Brock173 (1 review written)

Hello arriva the x21 one bus was very tidy and gentle ride and warm from ashington to amble 16:35 today the driver was very polite and put ramp out … Read Full Review

“Ridiculous and rude”

Written on: 24/08/2016 by Ross9836 (1 review written)

They charge you more for the fare than it actually is. For instance, an 80p fare they charge £2. Complain to them and they just fob you off and say that you are in the wrong. The drivers are rude and just seem to not care… Read Full Review

Lukesummers87's Response to Ross9836's Review

“Late service”

Written on: 23/08/2016 by faSchwartz53 (1 review written)

The bus number 13 that he must be in finch road at 10am is measing.bad service and dirty… Read Full Review

“Other people's opinions are over exaggerated.. ”

Written on: 20/08/2016 by Monroe439 (1 review written)

I only use Arriva when in the emergency situation of not being able to use the better bus companies, XprEE or Midland Classic. Although I find some peoples reviews harsh espicially when buses are only £1.20/£1.30 per journey for me without fail regardless of how far i'm going as long as its in Staffordshire, the cons of Arriva definetely outweigh the pros. Once i was on the last Tamworth - Lichfield route 785 i think it was and the bus driver got in to an arguement with a customer which… Read Full Review

“I hate Arriva with such a passion ”

Written on: 08/08/2016

What are the cons? Where do I start? When you want to get to somewhere on time it's ALWAYS late and when you arrive to the bus stop about 2 minutes late or even sometimes on time the usually baldy headed egg head decides to come early when you don't want it too. Honestly I can't express my true feelings towards Arriva because I honestly think I'd go into cardiac arrest. It makes failing my test that bit more painful and as soon as I pass my test I will NEVER EVER be stepping foot inside of an… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/12/2016

“Rude drivers terrible service”

Written on: 10/07/2016 by Fernando267 (1 review written)

Arriva's buses don't turn up on time and my most recent experience is of one of their driver's being verbally aggressive. Most have no customer skills and their timetables are a joke. What is the timetable for as they don't keep to it. I've tried reporting issues to their head office but is is a waste of time as they just make excuses. This company is a joke… Read Full Review

“Expensive, Late, Rude, Slow.”

Written on: 05/07/2016 by O'Brienoc1967 (1 review written)

I miss my train almost every day because they are usually late, but as a paying customer do not dare ask why!! Not unless you want a sub-human answer. Their live map is not live, just an automation of where the buses should be. To top it off, buses intend to be stationary more than they are moving. We waited 10 minutes at a bus stop so the driver could wait for a fellow driver to board and yet again forced me to miss my train as we arrived 10 minutes late at the destination. Nothing but hassle… Read Full Review

Softwareprogrammer's Comment

Written on: 09/12/2016

Unfortunate but the truth is all the while they have no real competition they can get away with what ever they want. Times like these we need the government to step in and stand up for it's people. But I guess they are busy with more pressing issue than getting the people that make things happen in this country to work. Such a basic service, like many others which have become hilarious to observe.

Love be with you my friend and don't let it get to you, we can only do what we can do and the stress doesn't get us heard, just ignored. The blame is with them and many other "British" services. Peace.

Softwareprogrammer's Comment

“Haven't got a clue!”

Written on: 05/07/2016 by qaPerry154 (1 review written)

Waited at Victoria Street from 5pm to 5.30pm - no bus there should have been one at 5.07 and 5.22. When it finally turned up the driver was asked about the time it was due - he said "whatever it says on the thing! !!" Sort yourselves out!!!… Read Full Review