Arriva Bus Service Reviews

296

Summary

Share your reviews of Arriva Bus Travel and help yourself and others to make comparisons on these and other travel companies. Your views on routes, prices, physical environment or even that friendly busdriver, are vital on the road to being better informed and enjoy a pleasant journey.
Arriva Bus Service - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Arriva Bus Service

Arriva Bus Service

“Worst Bus Service EVER!!!!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 09/12/2016 by LukeSummers87 (1 review written)

I live in the city centre of Chester CH1. I rely on the No.1 "Sapphire" service (Chester-Wrexham) to get to work in Chester Business park. I can say without doubt that it is the worst service I have ever come across. The Buses are always late or no shows and when you complain/ask questions (Via Twitter) as the phone service is never answered the replies seem to be automated and ask questions even though all information is in the original tweet. Arriva is just ticking the box with regards to… Read Full Review

“Absolutely Terrible Customer Service (Arriva Bus Services)”

Written on: 21/11/2016 by JeremyWentworth (1 review written)

These buses are not only always late, but the drivers are incredibly rude. On the 20th November I got on the Ackworth bus to Wakefield (483 maybe?) and I was drilled by the driver for handing him a £10 note. It was all I had and I had no way to get any change. He then started saying I should have paid for the girl in front of me (Who I was traveling with) I tried to explain that we had paid separately because we required different tickets and didn't want to end up with the wrong change. I feel… Read Full Review

“Seriously awful”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by Powersmd245 (1 review written)

Arriva buses in Yorkshire are consistently late, on occasion have failed to turn up and now tonight, a driver failed to stop for me despite me flagging him down and the bus being nearly empty ( leaving me stranded on a dark and cold street). At nearly £5 per day for a ticket I feel totally ripped off and let down by an awful commuting experience and a customer services team who have a total lack of regard for customer safety and concerns… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/12/2016

I feel you pain - Complain to them on twitter as well @arrivabuswales the more complaints maybe the service will improve.

“worst driver ever ”

Written on: 15/11/2016

On bus 82 double decker bus driver was speeding and failed to stop after bell had been pressed repeatedly the driver failed to stop as getting off my cousin almost fell down steps as driver stoped at the last second this happened on the 15th of November at around ten to five in the afternoon not impressed and wouldn't recommend to my friends… Read Full Review

“Worst Bus Service Ever”

Written on: 10/11/2016 by BrynleeShelton (1 review written)

Today (10th of November 2016) at about 5pm ish, we waited for the Bus 121 to Enfield Island Village, it was a pathetic experience in the sense that while several buses going other routes were on schedule, the Bus 121 to Island Village never arrived, the only one which showed up was taking the Enfield Highway route and the driver was nonchalant to provide reason for the issue. I felt pity for the elderly couples amongst us who waited for more than an hour at the station in the cold. I understand… Read Full Review

“always late ”

Written on: 01/10/2016 by SylviaO'Reilly (1 review written)

I had my 2 year old grandson who at 2-45 did not want to walk to school to get his sister so I had a day ticket and told him we could go on a bus. One fella already there said he's been waiting fo 20 mins already. I said there's one due soon.well that didn't turn up.started to panic about granddaughter at school which finished at 3-20. Time is passing and still no bus.tha bus first Leeds came and we got on that at 3-29. We came down leadwell lane and I noticed a 444 coming from Stainton road… Read Full Review

“worst bus company!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 14/09/2016 by Grahameo151 (1 review written)

Arrival is the worst transport services eve.its now 8.30am and I have been waiting on the buss from 7.53 99.9% of the they are LATE they say they are are going somewhere place and after 2 stop they terminate the bus they don't give a care in the world about all us that is using their services personal I would never use this it again because of their stupidity I'm late for university I honestly think you people are the worst service ever to be running in the road #route173. Hate it disgraceful… Read Full Review

“Rude customer service”

Written on: 02/09/2016 by LoganFinnegan217 (1 review written)

Rang customer service as I was having a problem with the app. Got transferred 4 times to people that rudely answered their phone and told I need to talk to a different team even though that team had just transferred me to them. No telephone manners. Left the conversation with no answers and disgusted with the service… Read Full Review

“Excellent and tidy ”

Written on: 25/08/2016 by Brock173 (1 review written)

Hello arriva the x21 one bus was very tidy and gentle ride and warm from ashington to amble 16:35 today the driver was very polite and put ramp out … Read Full Review

“Ridiculous and rude”

Written on: 24/08/2016 by Ross9836 (1 review written)

They charge you more for the fare than it actually is. For instance, an 80p fare they charge £2. Complain to them and they just fob you off and say that you are in the wrong. The drivers are rude and just seem to not care… Read Full Review

Lukesummers87's Response to Ross9836's Review

“Late service”

Written on: 23/08/2016 by faSchwartz53 (1 review written)

The bus number 13 that he must be in finch road at 10am is measing.bad service and dirty… Read Full Review

“Other people's opinions are over exaggerated.. ”

Written on: 20/08/2016 by Monroe439 (1 review written)

I only use Arriva when in the emergency situation of not being able to use the better bus companies, XprEE or Midland Classic. Although I find some peoples reviews harsh espicially when buses are only £1.20/£1.30 per journey for me without fail regardless of how far i'm going as long as its in Staffordshire, the cons of Arriva definetely outweigh the pros. Once i was on the last Tamworth - Lichfield route 785 i think it was and the bus driver got in to an arguement with a customer which… Read Full Review

“I hate Arriva with such a passion ”

Written on: 08/08/2016

What are the cons? Where do I start? When you want to get to somewhere on time it's ALWAYS late and when you arrive to the bus stop about 2 minutes late or even sometimes on time the usually baldy headed egg head decides to come early when you don't want it too. Honestly I can't express my true feelings towards Arriva because I honestly think I'd go into cardiac arrest. It makes failing my test that bit more painful and as soon as I pass my test I will NEVER EVER be stepping foot inside of an… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/12/2016

“Rude drivers terrible service”

Written on: 10/07/2016 by Fernando267 (1 review written)

Arriva's buses don't turn up on time and my most recent experience is of one of their driver's being verbally aggressive. Most have no customer skills and their timetables are a joke. What is the timetable for as they don't keep to it. I've tried reporting issues to their head office but is is a waste of time as they just make excuses. This company is a joke… Read Full Review

“Expensive, Late, Rude, Slow.”

Written on: 05/07/2016 by O'Brienoc1967 (1 review written)

I miss my train almost every day because they are usually late, but as a paying customer do not dare ask why!! Not unless you want a sub-human answer. Their live map is not live, just an automation of where the buses should be. To top it off, buses intend to be stationary more than they are moving. We waited 10 minutes at a bus stop so the driver could wait for a fellow driver to board and yet again forced me to miss my train as we arrived 10 minutes late at the destination. Nothing but hassle… Read Full Review

“Haven't got a clue!”

Written on: 05/07/2016 by qaPerry154 (1 review written)

Waited at Victoria Street from 5pm to 5.30pm - no bus there should have been one at 5.07 and 5.22. When it finally turned up the driver was asked about the time it was due - he said "whatever it says on the thing! !!" Sort yourselves out!!!… Read Full Review

“Bad Customer Service”

Written on: 30/06/2016 by Crosson277 (1 review written)

I bought 2 bus tickets using the App but the bus was cancelled. I sent an email asking for a refund and, even though customer service acknowledged that the bus was cancelled for 'operational reasons' they refused to refund the tickets to my account. Unbelievable. Crass attitude and poor service… Read Full Review

“To and from college ”

Written on: 23/06/2016 by Sandy05 (1 review written)

Normally I have no problem but today I did with one bus driver on the number 7 it is a disgrace. I am a student and I had to be in college early to care for animals so I decided to get McDonald's for breakfast after. On my way back from town with my breakfast I had a hash brown I had almost finished it as the bus came. The driver was very rude about the fact that I had this hash brown and should of put it away to be on the bus. This is the only time I have had a problem with a driver normally… Read Full Review

“Disgusting service”

Written on: 04/05/2016 by 493Klein (1 review written)

I have to get four buses a day to and from work which wouldn't be a problem if the buses actually turned up on time or at all, For the second time in two days today the bus decided to not turn up meaning that I was waiting a total of 52 minutes for one to finally come, when I asked the next driver why the bus hadn't come he shrugged his shoulders not even offering an apology. I'd like to say this is the first bad experience I've had with arriva but that would be a lie, they're consistently… Read Full Review

“Terrible service no communication ”

Written on: 20/04/2016 by Sadiejane (1 review written)

Last night stood at ashington bus stop for one and a half hours waiting for a bus! 6 busses went in the other direction but not one driver felt the need to even open a window and let us know that an accident was causing the delay! When I contacted the arriva helpline the call handler was rude, uninterested and unhelpful. In general the drivers are very rude, if I did not have to use the service I would not!!… Read Full Review