Cafe Des Amis, St Albans Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Cafe Des Amis, St Albans - Ask a question now

“I proposed to my girlfriend at Cafe des Amis, after...”

Written on: 29/06/2010

I proposed to my girlfriend at Cafe des Amis, after eating here a few times, because she loved it so much. The night I proposed, a duet were due to play. I dont't rememeber who they were, and I''m very sorry for that, because I faxed them our tune which they learned and played, as the ring came out. Our tune was Nick Drake's "Northern Sky".

It's not easy, and not a popular song to learn, but they did it for me after I photocopied and faxed it to them. I add that the food was ALWAYS great, and… Read Full Review

“Went to the Cafe Des Ami with friends several time and...”

Written on: 18/12/2009

Went to the Cafe Des Ami with friends several time and some with just hubby. The food was always amazing and the staff were always on hand to make our time magical… Read Full Review

“We went to Cafe Des Amis on Valentine's Day 2005 in...”

Written on: 06/04/2005 by polewrither (1 review written)

We went to Cafe Des Amis on Valentine's Day 2005 in the evening.

Naturally there was a set menu and we only had two hours to allow for another sitting later on. However, it was a great evening and one of our best Valentine's Day experiences. We both had steak for our main course which was absolutely fantastic, comparable to the Gaucho Grill near Bank in London.

The dessert was slightly less impressive. Partly this was because nothing on the menu really took my fancy, but my choice (an… Read Full Review

“We dropped into theCafe Des Amis in St Albans for a...”

Written on: 26/02/2005 by salsi (1 review written)

We dropped into theCafe Des Amis in St Albans for a warming lunch on a cold Saturday. Quickly served with drinks we were then left waiting nearly 10 minutes, in a place that was not that busy, for our main order to be taken. Battered calamari rings were utterly lifeless - soggy, tasteless and cooked in tires, possibly rancid oil. Asked if we were enjoying our meal we politely gave our views and were told that "today's delivery might have been slightly below standard". The waiter went off to… Read Full Review

187489_Chaarlie's Response to salsi's Review

Written on: 01/04/2005

A very inviting looking restaurant, we went there on a Monday lunchtime and we were the only ones in there. After asking whether they do fresh orange juice and being told that they do, I was given long-life orange juice. We were then kept waiting for a full half our before we were served with lukewarm soup and stale bread. We decided not to wait for the main course.