Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon Reviews

Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon

Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon

“Silver Pigeon, plating flaking off.”

Written on: 12/09/2013 by Starkings (1 review written)

After less than 500 carts through my 1 year old Beretta Silver Pigeon the silver plating in the knuckle area between the fore end and action/receiver has flaked off. It can’t be seen when the gun is assembled but you can see by the damage just how very thin the plating is, this does not bode well for the rest of the gun. I have a found a few others with the same problem and have yet to get a satisfactory answer to the problem, I’m worried it will propagate to the rest of the action over… Read Full Review

Dogpound's Response to Starkings's Review

Written on: 08/10/2013

I'm sure that Beretta will warranty this for you. Or you can send it to Coles Gunsmithing, Harpeswell, Maine, USA. They do a beautifull job color hardening the 686

“687 silver pigeon V”

Written on: 07/03/2013

Recently I purchased Beretta 687 silver pigeon V. It is my 12th shotgun and 5th in the current collection. I concluded this gun to be superb, best value for the money though some considers it too be very expensive shotgun in the box lock category. To be honest nobody can determined its value until have the physical feelings in hand as to its finish, balance and smooth swing. To own this shotgun is true luxury feelings… Read Full Review

“I purchased a Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon 2 a couple of...”

Written on: 25/12/2010

I purchased a Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon 2 a couple of years ago. A good looking gun, but has too many problems for the money. The safey would engage when firing 1 1/8 - 3" steel loads, and required an after market safety latch spring to fix. Apparently the forearm was too tight around the barrels when the gun was made, so Beretta just scrapped away some of the wood to make it fit correctly. This would have been fine except they did not refinish the inside of the forearm - I had to do that… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2011

Also have a problem with the gun setting the trigger for the second shot. Does any one have any idea of the cause of this. Had it in the gun shop but after a short time the problem returned.

“I bought a Beretta S687 12g sporting L series the...”

Written on: 24/10/2009

I bought a Beretta S687 12g sporting L series the other month for £650 and spent another £50 on servicing at Simpsons of Shepshed who told me the gun had only shot a few hundred cartridges and can easily do a million more! Was unsure how old it was but thought between 9-15 years.
Have already shot over 200 clays and the gun is great other than some slight recoil. Unsure if it is the Silver pigeon series or its immediate predecessor? Chamber size is 2 and 3/4". Any thoughts most… Read Full Review

Ashbiker's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2010

I found this review very helpful because...it has details about the model.

“Value for money - the Beretta 687 silver pigeon is a...”

Written on: 18/06/2009

Value for money - the Beretta 687 silver pigeon is a well made shotgun with good woodwork and excellet barrels and action. Engraving on the "V" is good as it the blacked action with the gold highlighted pheasant. Shoots well and a joy to use in the field… Read Full Review

“Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon refuses to eject when...”

Written on: 03/02/2009 by Don Rowell (1 review written)

Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon refuses to eject when warm,returned under warranty to Main Dealer three times,problem still not sorted,tried numerous varieties of cartridges but still same problem exists. A good point is its nice wood… Read Full Review

“All round great gun with lovely engraving and mine has...”

Written on: 24/11/2008 by sgaskell (1 review written)

All round great gun with lovely engraving and mine has beautiful wood, commented on at every shoot. The Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon has superb handling and reduced recoil… Read Full Review

“Overall this gun has operated flawlessly and without...”

Written on: 24/03/2008 by bdog2009 (1 review written)

Overall this gun has operated flawlessly and without a doubt impress your friends with the attention to detail. The tooling is amazing and the grade of wood for the stock will make you ask yourself why you didn't buy one sooner.
Without question I would buy another one if something would happen to this one… Read Full Review

“I bought a NIB 687L Silver Pigeon about 9 years ago...”

Written on: 05/05/2007 by MikeAg (1 review written)

I bought a NIB 687L Silver Pigeon about 9 years ago here in the USA. The box says 687L Silver Pigeon (Model No. J687130), however the bottom of the receiver reads "S687 Silver Pigeon", there is not an L after 687. It is a 20 ga. with a silver receiver. On the receiver's left side are 2 ducks, on the right side 2 grouse, on the bottom 2 grouse. I paid for a 687L, and I am curious if I got an "L" or not… Read Full Review

“The Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon gun is an excellent...”

Written on: 03/10/2006 by Andrew C (1 review written)

The Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon gun is an excellent field gun having shot with it now twice on Safari in Africa and extensively in the Australian Bush. The recoil is very manageable as I have shot several days in a row of in excess of a 1,000 shells and not had too much discomfort where others were black and blue. The sighting plain is excellent. You cannot fault the gun… Read Full Review

“I have a 20 bore 687 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon. For...”

Written on: 24/08/2005 by blucas (1 review written)

I have a 20 bore 687 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon. For me it is a great gun. It's a 28 barrel and shoots like a dream. With only 6 pounds of weight I am able to swing this gun unlike my dad's Blazer (f3). The 20 bore model is great for me as I find it light and there is little to no push back. I have had this gun only 6 month's and have fired over 1000 clay's. Although it is new there have been no problem's. I have multi chokes and have inproved my shooting since i have had one. Anyone thinking… Read Full Review

232632_Radiobreath's Response to blucas's Review

Written on: 05/03/2006

Never shot skeet before. Just limbered out new/used Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II in 20 bore I got off of Gun Broker.com and shot 22/25. I like #9's too.

Esoxblades's Response to blucas's Review

Written on: 20/12/2007

I have the SP3 M/C in 20 bore and couldn't agree more. The gun is used for game mostly, and in this regard I strongly recommend Gamebore No5 28gm cartridges - they compliment very well and provide harder hitting for a reduced pattern. This gun has brought the sport back into my game shooting - plus its lighter to carry all day!

“To be honest the Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon gun is...”

Written on: 25/02/2005 by chimpy (6 reviews written)

To be honest the Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon gun is beastly!! I don't own one but I work in a gun shop and I took a second hand 12bore on a 200clay shoot for a test drive. after the full 200 clays my shoulder only gave a minuscule whimper good for me because I have I small stature. The gun swings onto the target like its laser guided and he sights although the same as other shotguns just seem to be in the right place at the right time. the trigger is fairly light and the recoil is clean and… Read Full Review

Jacqueshankin's Response to chimpy's Review

Written on: 12/06/2008

I am borrowing one from a mate and find I hit everything I would have missed with my 12G. Lovely gun. The previous reviewer should know that in the UK, if you describe something as "beastly" it means "awful". I read on and realised he meant the opposite. I agree,
<br/>
<br/>J.

Mightyhunter's Response to chimpy's Review

Written on: 10/04/2011

I found this review very helpful because... I'm looking to get an SP5, tried a III and wanted some other's opinion before I part with the thick end of 2 grand for a new one :-)

Jacqueshankin's Response to chimpy's Review

Written on: 17/06/2008

I suspect it might be generational as well.

259179_45Lovers's Response to chimpy's Review

Written on: 17/06/2008

I must disagree about the beastly comment, it could be a regional to where jacqueshankin lives but beastly is a good description word and could mean either good or bad it depends on the context.

“I payed 750 pounds for the Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon...”

Written on: 07/06/2004 by calcuttr (1 review written)

I payed 750 pounds for the Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon and it is without a doubt, the most high quality piece I have ever bought for this money. The gun was over 8 years old on purchase, but it had clearly shot no more than 250 rounds. I snapped it up immediately and have been using it for 6 months. nothing will claerly need replacing in the near future (touch wood), and if anyone can find a gun of this age in this condition, I would urge them to buy it quickly. and because of the age, this gun… Read Full Review

Chris Scott's Response to calcuttr's Review

Written on: 24/01/2005

I found it interesting to read your report on the Beretta Silver Pigeon. I, myself, puchased one 8 months ago for £750 and in mint condition. The gun was 7 years old at the time It has multi chokes. I was told that it had only fired 50 shells at that time. Since then I have fired over 2000 rounds and the gun has performed without a fault. It is without doubt the best gun that I have ever owned. I would recomend this Beretta to anyone - if you can find one. They just do not come onto the secondhand market too often.