Nokia 9210 Reviews

• Style

Nokia 9210 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nokia 9210

Nokia 9210

“This Nokia 9210 mobile phone can be a real boon as it...”

Written on: 06/12/2005 by stuart63 (1 review written)

This Nokia 9210 mobile phone can be a real boon as it can give you complete independence from the office, with calls and faxes diverted to the handset, and the ability to collect emails from your personal ISP account - very handy indeed.
But... the unit is unreliable and flaky. The slightest tap and it will start to deteriorate - loss of telephone display, fatigue in the screen cable leading to 'snow' on the main screen from time to time, non-functioning keys as dust makes its way behind keys… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“well, Communicator series was the first Nokia I ever...”

Written on: 26/04/2003 by aleez. (1 review written)

well, Communicator series was the first Nokia I ever used, not only 9210looks dashing and Masculline but it performs the same as well, my no,2 key got pressed but that aint a point to mention because you've got enuff keys inside,, Overall its a masterpiece

Au Reviour
Alee Sikandar… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“Overall The Nokia 9210 is a very good package, the...”

Written on: 13/04/2003 by Satpal S. Loyal. (1 review written)

Overall The Nokia 9210 is a very good package, the software is user freindly and very easy to access, and the need to carry two devices is eliminated.
The screen display is very bright and shows well.
The lack of a touch screen function lets it down slightly… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“This seems to be the only 'smartphone' with a keyboard...”

Written on: 17/02/2003 by Robert H Halfon. (1 review written)

This seems to be the only 'smartphone' with a keyboard around at present and it does an excellent job. To be able to look at internet and receive email attachments on the move is great and the keyboard enables you to write long replies. The office software like word etc is extremely useful. The fax facility is also very helpful as you can also receive faxes. The software is on the whole stable although I have had to download programmes from the Nokia website to reinstall when I have had a… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“I've had about 20 phones in the past 8 years. The...”

Written on: 26/01/2003 by Piesang. (1 review written)

I've had about 20 phones in the past 8 years. The 9210i is by far the best phone i've ever used. I've had Ericsson, Siemens, Motorola, other Nokia's, but this is definately the phone to have… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“I wait for the new generation of the 9110 or 9210 ......”

Written on: 23/12/2002 by Phenix. (1 review written)

I wait for the new generation of the 9110 or 9210 ... but for the moment I have never seen another wonderful tools from nokia. The color in the 9210 ... not improve realy the power of the device. You can do everything like an little old computer with internet. So email and telenet work perfectly with a real keyboard and a real screen. I have buy my communicator since 2000 and use it every day. It's the phone use for system administrator or geek. … Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“I am lucky enough to have tried them all Jornada 928...”

Written on: 17/10/2002 by Ian. (1 review written)

I am lucky enough to have tried them all Jornada 928 (fragile and buggy software), Ipaq 3850 with GPRS/GSM sleeve (disaster, crashed all the time), Handspring Treo (surprised me, but terrible battery), 9210 (flaky software in early versions), 9110 (good). There is only one which truly works, it does what it says on the box. The Nokia 9210i. Battery life is measured in days rather than hours. Software implemented well, and works as exepcted. (One of the gadgets above only showed the number of… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“My Nokia 9210 mobile phone needed to be "booted" at...”

Written on: 08/10/2002 by rey. (1 review written)

My Nokia 9210 mobile phone needed to be "booted" at least once a day to prevent errors and hang. I got a v.4.13 RAE-3 and sometimes, my SMS messages rerouted to "outbox" and send it many times without warning. Not until i "cold" boot it. It's very frustating to access Mails because you can't delete unwanted mails not unless you reconnect again. PC mail sync is also irritating. All in all, 9210 is buggy that's why 9210i went boosting as a nifty alternative. Nokia guys should do something in… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“Well Phone is goood but i think Nokia ppl cant handle...”

Written on: 16/08/2002 by Yasser Chaudhry. (1 review written)

Well Phone is goood but i think Nokia ppl cant handle it properly. I bought this from UAE and i live in Pakistan. And as per their rules its warranty last uptil one year but they fail to give me the warranty after 5 months. they got completely failed and at the end they give me used re-furbished phone set in which missed calls are not recorded and its word software is not opening. So now u tell me i bought this phone set with a great deal of enthusiam and now nokia people fails to give me any… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“Loved what the phone could do - could send emails and...”

Written on: 12/08/2002 by Gerhard Compion. (1 review written)

Loved what the phone could do - could send emails and faxes on the train and surf the net. Handsfree phone, good with SMSes.
But could not get any backup when the software acted up. Had to find out the phone was sold to me with outdated software and that the most current version is riddled with errors as well.

Handed my 9210 back to nokia after 3 weeks… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“The Nokia Communicator is by far the worst phone i...”

Written on: 08/08/2002 by Bob Thornton. (1 review written)

The Nokia Communicator is by far the worst phone i have ever bought. It was a disaster from the first instance. i Couldnt bare the weight, it was literally like carrying a laptop around with you, and to pay 500 pounds or so for something so ridiculously overrated is crazy. its a good job, there was a 14 day money back guarantee, or i'd still be pulling out my hair! .. DONT BUY IT. :)… Read Full Review

101559_Pete.'s Response to 32398_Bob Thornton.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2003

Get some bigger pockets or just put up with it this is the best phone ive ever used
<br>

Kahlon's Response to 32398_Bob Thornton.'s Review

Written on: 15/08/2003

I totally agree, the nokia 9210 hangs and drops calls ,It is the most over priced hanset and does not perform, you can not get a camera for it, unless you try really hard, what is the point, you are better off with a compaq palm held
<br>
<br>Raj Kahlon

Nokia 9210

“Everyone knows the memory probs on the Nokia 9210...”

Written on: 29/07/2002 by Bristolspirit@aol.com. (1 review written)

Everyone knows the memory probs on the Nokia 9210 mobile phone however with work these can be overcome, for example by compressing files, storing data and installing programs on MMC. If you're serious about using this for work, as I am, buy a 64Mb MMC or if your budget allows the 128MB one. You can then use this as your main memory drive and keep the phone memory clear for accessing large files and of course running graphic rich programmes like Dragonfire and Rayman!
I wouldn't buy the next… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“Overall, the Nokia 9210 mobile phone is a step...”

Written on: 07/06/2002 by Jim. (1 review written)

Overall, the Nokia 9210 mobile phone is a step backwards after the simplicity of the 9110. Although the whole package is far more glitzy there are a huge number of features missing or ludicrously well sequestered in the monstrous OS. Writing a fax or SMS required two button presses in a 9110, now requires 4. Function buttons used to toggle between applications, now every time you access more than one open file you have to leave another running and reselect it through a central menu rather than… Read Full Review

31211_Francis.'s Response to 26790_Jim.'s Review

Written on: 30/07/2002

Jim, your analysis of some of the weaknesses of the 9210 is very thorough and valid. I never use the email function (only SMS) and the 14 day deletion seems absurd. However you focus totally on the downside and therefore exaggarate this model as totally useless which i do not agree with at all.

Crest.'s Response to 26790_Jim.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2003

you focused too much on the downside of this phone, its not a perfect phone but it does have excellent plus points

☆☆☆☆☆
Nokia 9210

“The Nokia 9210 is the worst mobile phone I have ever...”

Written on: 20/04/2002 by Maria. (1 review written)

The Nokia 9210 is the worst mobile phone I have ever bought in my entire life. Have been experiencing very irritating problems since I bought this expensive phone. My unit is now in its v4.13 but still hangs and system crash very often. Could not send SMS, get auto shut off, very embarrassing especially in the middle of a very important phone call. Very impolite indeed. Unstable synchronisation, gets plenty of error messages in between. Insufficient memory. Until now Nokia is not answering our… Read Full Review

45279_Chino.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 21/10/2002

I definitely AGREE with you! I have experienced everything that you talked about with my Nokia 9210 Communicator. I even bought a 32MB memory card to improve its performance to no avail! It stalls, it hangs, it crashes, and worse, it shuts off for no apparent reason! One has to take the battery from the phone to reboot the system! I am actually looking for someone willing to buy the phone...however, the buyer might think that it's damaged and that he got a deal from hell. I'd rather go traditional and use my old laptop...works 1 million times better than my Nokia 9210 Communicator! Currently, I am having a blast with my new NOKIA 7650. Aside from "warning-low on memory" from taking too much pictures, it's my most exciting Nokia ever!

81099_Wire.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 19/03/2003

=) fortunately for us, I don't live at sunset view... Anyway, I'll get back to you as soon as I have time from my hectic schedule. By the way, I live in Pacific Plaza at the Fort. Kinda boring though at night. ciao!

80672_Chino.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 17/03/2003

wire, in as much as your building admin won't surely let you install an antenna protruding from your unit's balcony, a simple mount will do just fine, provided it doesn't touch a wall or anything of that sort. funny, but we're on the same boat in so many ways. :-) from my balcony at sunset view tower, you'll surely won't notice the way i installed it. (don't tell me that you're on the same building! ) LOL:-) The brand, like what i've said, is SAMSUNG. If you'd like to know more about it, ICQ me at ICQ173447872

80112_Wire.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 15/03/2003

chino... seems good enough especially the range. what brand is it anyway? But nonetheless I have to consider it first as regards to the antennae I don't have a place in my office nor do I have any in my condo... Thanks for the offer anyway.

79983_Chino.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 14/03/2003

hi! wire, this might interest you, i bought a "long-range" 150 to 250 kilometers wireless phone. I pay no more for landline calls! The intercom feature works like a 2 way radio, you can page the base and the phone vv. The only hassle is the installation of a considerably high antenna for better range coverage. It's like bringing your landline with you! If your landline has DDD or IDD, calling mobile phones come easy anytime, anywhere! You can even fool your GF, call her using the wireless from any place and your office number appears on her caller id! Now, you can work overtime all the time! ciao!!! (SAMSUNG N288 - very sleek mobile phone like design, stylish grey and black color...only 6,000Php. ) ..just dont pull the extended antenna...it looks really awful.

79270_Wire.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 12/03/2003

Yes, you are right... in a few months time, mobile phones will change and new features will be added to spice up the consumers. By the way, I was able to develop a program for the 9210 that would enable me to read MMS messages as well as send them just like the 7650... how I just wish they could make a phone that is cute but as featured packed as the 9210... recently I also added a 128MB memory card to my 9210... how i just wish they make a mobile phone as cute but featured pack as well like the 9210... with full featured keyboard... and touch screen too... haha

78983_Chino.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 11/03/2003

Aside from the 32mb memory card which i purchased in the US, not a single "unofficial" stuff was added to my 9210 except those additional applications in the compact disk that comes with the package. I guess you're right, buying the phone too early might just be one of the reasons. Currently, I still have it, and for sentimental reasons, I just can't sell it. :-) I discovered few tricks to spice it up with my "trendy" 7650, giving it (9210) a new twist. Mobile phones made all of us accessible, anytime, anywhere. It's quite sad seeing people enslaved by their phones. I am not. I treat these phones as gadgets to amuse me. To you, the 7650 is nothing but all trendiness,I agree with you on that. Eventually, when the new wave of phones arrive in the market, it'll be totally outdated, and it's time to get a new one again. Just a thought, who in the world would wear the same shirt for the rest of his life anyway?

Wire.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 07/03/2003

We'll I've been using my 9210 mobile phone for quite some time and haven't experience anything like you two said. I guess the problem is purchasing the phone too early or trying to upgrade the firmware. Usually this occurs if you try to upgrade any firmware from a non-accredited places. Anyway, I myself am having much more fun with this phone unlike the 7650 which I just found out is just for pure trendiness.

Nokia 9210

“The screen was the first thing that I fell in love...”

Written on: 20/02/2002 by CharlieBrown. (1 review written)

The screen was the first thing that I fell in love with on the nokia 9210 phone. The volume was good. In the office I use the speakerphone although in the field I use the handsfree kit. I was just told that if I took out the earpiece but kept the handsfree attached, they were able to call my phone, hear me talking, but am not aware of the fact. I still have to figure out whether that's something to do with the handsfree or the anykey respond setting.

I have accepted it to be 'bulky' compared… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“People call the nokia 9210 'bulky' or a 'brick', but...”

Written on: 17/01/2002 by Francis. (1 review written)

People call the nokia 9210 'bulky' or a 'brick', but do they put that criticism into perspective? You cannot judge the 9210 solely as a phone, it is a hybrid product with combined PDA and mobile phone. In that sense it is still the market leader and beats the latest generation offerings of Sagem and Trium hands down, especially on mobile phone functionality, colour screen and build quality. It is longer than the Ipaq style PDA's but not as broad and takes up the same room, but then you need no… Read Full Review

19529_Paok.'s Response to 9785_Francis.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2002

Can someone tell me if you can send group sms in one hit?
<br><br>like lets say i want to send the same type of email to 50 people can i do that by sending it once and goes to the 50 people in 1 hit?
<br><br>thanks

59927_Phenix.'s Response to 9785_Francis.'s Review

Written on: 23/12/2002

Yes you can send sms to multi receivier in on click.
it's a wonderful tool, I use it every day.
it's wonderful I have a real keyboard I can take control with telnet in my computer lan and create email.
it's wonderful my ipaq is a little baby tools against the communicator.

Nokia 9210

“For someone on the move a lot, who has to receive and...”

Written on: 10/01/2002 by Mike Christelow. (1 review written)

For someone on the move a lot, who has to receive and then distribute messages using various media the nokia 9210 is brilliant. I wouldn't be without it.
The device itself generates an initial reaction from people of 'brick' but once you've used it, it actually becomes quite sexy and attractive; it is definitely the dinkiest palmtop type of device you'll get at the moment. Functionally it is pleasing to use and has many appealing features such as 'flight' mode (disable network comms when in the… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“THE NOKIA 9210 HAS EASY TO USE FUNCTIONS AND RATHER...”

Written on: 22/12/2001 by TJ. (1 review written)

THE NOKIA 9210 HAS EASY TO USE FUNCTIONS AND RATHER QUICK MOBILE W.W.W. ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE INTERNET AND SEND E-MAIL ANYWHERE. THE COLOR SCREEN IS PERFECT FOR POWERPOINT AND DOWNLOADS. THE FULL 'QWERTY' KEYBOARD IS IDEAL FOR SCHOOL WORK(MICROSOFT WORD) AND SENDING SMS (TEXT) MESSAGES FAST AND EASILY.
THE NOKIA 9210 IS JUST THAT LITTLE BIT TOO BIG AND HEAVY. IT IS HARD TO FIT IT INTO A TROUSER POCKET. IT IS SLOW AT SENDING E-MAIL WITHOUT A NOKIA PHONE CARD.
OVERALL A REASONABLE AND HANDY… Read Full Review

8379_R.won.'s Response to 7725_TJ.'s Review

Written on: 03/01/2002

The 9210 is ideally sized...very smallish. Ideal and confortable in the trouser pocket.

Nokia 9210

“The symbian alliance was created...”

Written on: 19/12/2001 by Bear. (1 review written)

The symbian alliance was created (Psion,motorola,Nokia...) to bring phone & PDA technology into one Operating system. This they've organised well with quartz, crystal & Pearl.

If the idea is to allow the pda to browse the net and receive email then a touchscreen is vital. The screen is to small and screen space is wasted by titles at the top of the screen and the 4 function buttons on the right. Touchscreen would have been far better. Todays computers are about being enjoyable and interactive… Read Full Review

Nokia 9210

“Great if you want an all in one unit, using this...”

Written on: 04/12/2001 by Justin Connolly. (1 review written)

Great if you want an all in one unit, using this machine is like having the 'swiss army knife' of the PDA world always at your side.
You can read Ebooks on it, look at maps, plan routes, send email, look at your diary, surf the net (wap amd web)and still make a hands free call when your doing it all… Read Full Review