Perrys Vauxhall, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Reviews

• Customer service

Perrys Vauxhall, Rotherham, South Yorkshire - Ask a question now

“POOR SERVICE”

Written on: 24/05/2014 by Harrisfs169 (1 review written)

Took my car in for a service, booked a 2 hour slot, had my car 5 hours and because I needed my car back for work they didn't wash it or hoover it out, I thought this was part of the service plan ? Once my service plan runs out which cost me £249.99 I will be going elsewhere Definitely not using perrys for first MOT … Read Full Review

“Astra”

Written on: 08/02/2014

We went to Perry's to look for another car ours was 130000 on the clock and we just returned from Cyprus. We found a car online as they couldn't find a low mileage one we wanted but I found it on there site and they brought off from Barnsley at 7000 miles instead of the 32000 miles on the clock on the cars they tried to sell us. I stood my ground also insisted on a £15 a month credit budget and they agreed with gap insurance etc included Went to sign etc pick car up the form showed £167 a… Read Full Review

“rubish dealrship ”

Written on: 28/12/2013

rubbish dealer and never done they job propyl never ever recommend to anyone, each time when I token the car there they return the car and they said fixed but they didn't , they keep playing with you till you warren run out… Read Full Review

“hopeless, liars, go elsewhere”

Written on: 02/10/2013

Where to start. 7 month old car on its third visit to Perry's with the same fault. Car not purchased from Perrys as I knew of their reputation, but little choice in taking there when car was faulty. First visit - sneered at by reception staff when I described the problem with my car who advised "they are all like that..." Accompanied by a mechanic who witnessed fault, and appeared to fix problem through a software update. Fault back within a month. Had the car all day - went to pick it up… Read Full Review

“Never again disgraceful stay well away ”

Written on: 10/04/2013 by Gazza0204 (1 review written)

This is by far the worst car dealership I have ever dealt with and will never ever visit them again. I purchased a used car from Perrys at Rotherham seemed friendly staff but are gonna be just for a sale. Bought a corsa had it for a day before I noticed a hair line crack on the bottom of the windscreen which was hard to see. Took it back to the dealership which I had to argue for them to fix it also had noticed breaks sounding not right and suspension also making noises. After visiting the… Read Full Review

“Deceitful Bullies!”

Written on: 09/02/2013

Visited Perry's at Rotherham looking for a new car. Saw one which was a genuinely good deal; arranged a test drive. Day of test drive salesman couldn't have been nicer! Told him I didn't want to commit until I'd sold my car " not a problem " he said... You can leave a deposit £200 while you sort things. I paid my deposit- didn't agree to or sign any paperwork. Went back a few days later to tell them I didn't want the car ( completely accepted I might lose my deposit). The attitude of the… Read Full Review

Dsgod03's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2013

you should have had a 14 day cooling off period.

“Arrogant time wasting, trained to do as little as possible”

Written on: 14/01/2013

My experience at Perrys Rotherham Vauxhall was not satisfactory because: I initially took delivery of an 11 plate corsa le 1.2 which was a nice car but the performance did not match the fuel economy, it was completely powerless and on a run i would be lucky to get over 35 mpg. in the process of receiving the corsa it seamed to be my job to chase the salesman for information. After the delivery date went from 3 days then to five then to more than a week later than i was initially told it would… Read Full Review

“Check the Prices ”

Written on: 08/06/2012

Purchased a s/h Hyundai May2012 and was charged £349.00 for Loss GAP insurance and £249.00 for Easy Guard . Now look at this June 2011 puchased a Peugot207 fro Perrys Barnsleywas charged £199.00 for Loss Gap insurance and £100.00 for Easy Guard . So 2011 total was £299.00 and 2012 total was £598.00 , that is a £299.00 price rise in a year ,answer i got prices have risen in a year .The total Arorgance of them when i queried it… Read Full Review

“Booked in for a service, was told on the phone it...”

Written on: 20/03/2011

Booked in for a service, was told on the phone it would be an express service that takes no more than 2 hours.

It took 4 hours in the end. I asked for a discount and was just waffled at for 10 minutes. Manager was even less interested.

also, the mechanic left my car in gear so nearly went flying into the building as I was leaving.

Also everyone in there is over nice, just seems so fake… Read Full Review

“I can see that people are not happy i have worked for...”

Written on: 14/03/2011

I can see that people are not happy i have worked for perrys peugeot and it was disgusting how we were told to treat customers we had to try and sell people cars they did not want because customers could not afford the high interest rate on finance perrys are treated to work like robots and its not a relaxed environment which buying a car should be they are very pushy SO BEWARE… Read Full Review

“Perrys, Vauxhall in Bury (Lancashire) ”

Written on: 17/01/2011

Perrys, Vauxhall in Bury (Lancashire)

Vauxhall Zafira

I cannot believe the absolutely rubbish service from Sean at Bury.

My wife and I have a Renault Scenic and after much searching my wife found a Zafira at Bury that she loved, so without any messing about we got the right price for the scenic and Rob (the salesman) was a pleasure to do business with, we left £1000 deposit, handed over the registration forms for the cherished transfer and that was that. I even went away wanting to buy a… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Well, where can I start? ”

Written on: 24/08/2004 by hairymonster (3 reviews written)

Well, where can I start?
I'll try to be brief. Saw a car we liked at Perrys Car Dealers, struck a deal on the price, agreed a price for trade in, agreed list of work to be carried out, agreed collection date, paid deposit.

That's the good part out of the way. Now for the rest.
Failed to send off paperwork for cherished transfer for 5 days delaying collection of car for another week.
Failed to carry out work to agreed timescale.
Failed to order required parts for vehicle.
Failed to have car… Read Full Review

Anthonywilson's Response to hairymonster's Review

Written on: 04/04/2005

What branch of Perrys. It wasnt Portsmouth by any chance was it?

Written on: 30/04/2006

The outcome of my issues with Perry's was that I would get the appropriate work completed and they would refund me.
It took many months of haggling, court threats and 'idiot' letters from them, but I eventually got what was originally agreed, which is all I was ever wanting.
I'm sure they must have some satisfied customers somewhere, but my advice is use Perry's at your peril.
You have been warned.

Written on: 13/06/2005

Hi Lilly (hi lo)(it's the title of an old Alan Price song, sorry)
The problem with these places is they don't employ mechanics that can repair cars any more.
They just plug in your car, and the diagnostics gives them a code they then look up and the list usually gives them half a dozen things it can be. They then change the most expensive, charge you for it, you take the car away and it's still the same.
They plug the car in, it gives them a code...... ad infinitum. Most of them haven't got a clue how to actually physically diagnose a fault, let alone repair it.

Lilly's Response to hairymonster's Review

Written on: 12/06/2005

I doubt it. I've had no end of grief with Perrys Portsmouth. They've sold me a car that constantly cuts out and is dangerous. I've given them at least 4 attempts at repair. They've gone from blaming my driving to saying its difference faults as it is reported differently in their computer system although I fail to see how 'cutting out when slowing down' is a totally different fault to 'cutting out when in traffic'!!! Atrocious customer service. Would never use them again.

Written on: 06/04/2005

No, it wasn't Portsmouth. It was Parkgate, Rotherham.
<br>
<br>Do they have different stanards for different branches?