Air Force Condor Reviews

Air Force Condor - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Air Force Condor

Air Force Condor
Air Force Condor

“Dah 3 previous air rifles, could not shoot...”

Written on: 28/01/2011

Dah 3 previous air rifles, could not shoot consistantly. Bought the Talon SS because it looked cool. Was greatly surprised, pellets go where you shoot, a new experience for an air gun.
Like it so much bought the condor .22, just a s good, still plinking in my basement till winter is over then I can extend the range. Packed away my other riflrs.
Lightweight, very accurate, light trigger. Put an expensive scope on, can put 10 pellets in the same hole at 30 feet!
Was loud, saw Talontunes offering… Read Full Review

“ I have been shooting, repairing and modifying...”

Written on: 15/05/2010 by Airtuner1 (1 review written)

I have been shooting, repairing and modifying firearms and adult style airguns for over 32 years. This is by far the best of the best. I had quite a large collection of airguns (yes I was an airgun hoarder), but after getting the Condor have since sold them all.
I have found that the Airforce Condor does it all for me.
It is light weight as there is no fluff as there is no gauge, regulator, multi-shot mechanism or file nipple.
It is very easy to load, even with big fingers, with a big… Read Full Review

“Where do I start! ”

Written on: 13/01/2010 by Samson1 (2 reviews written)

Where do I start!
I own a custom-made .25cal Condor with a shroud/barrel-extender.

First the positive features:
70 ft/lbs energy.
Deadly accurate, can hit a quarter 2 out of 2 times from 30 yards away.
Large 490cc tank good for 15-20 high-power shots or 40 med-power.
Great trigger.
upper and lower rails for scope and accessories.

Negatives:
No regulator or pressure-gauge you have to guess the remaining air pressure
Single-shot, poor loading mechanism
Tank top 1" too high to use as cheekrest… Read Full Review

Bush54's Response to Samson1's Review

Written on: 19/01/2010

Your review on the condor is right on the money.I also own a airforce
<br/>22cal. Condor. The 25cal. is a great pellet and carries the speed down
<br/>range.I own a career 25cal and it's a great rifle,but it's not built as
<br/>well as the condor no way. I been shooting H&N Rabbit magnunII 22cal.
<br/>pellets 25.6 gr. they are almost as big as most of the 25cal. pellets and they kick ass,hard hitting and very accurate.
<br/> Bush54

Chugcatsts01's Response to Samson1's Review

Written on: 21/03/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I am buying a new condor and still dont know who to buy it from

“Overall a very satisfying arm as precision and power....”

Written on: 04/10/2008 by Amos Maghini (1 review written)

Overall a very satisfying arm as precision and power. I think the cheek contact when aiming, it would be better to have a soft pad to lean on. (may be removable and adjustable in elevation)… Read Full Review

“It'd be nice if they had the ”

Written on: 23/09/2008

It'd be nice if they had the
silencer, on the condor barrel,
just like the one on the talon… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 19/04/2012

you can buy a after market silencer for them Call bill at 316-524-4721.

“I have had mine for 3 years now and love it!!! I never...”

Written on: 04/08/2008 by randyhub (1 review written)

I have had mine for 3 years now and love it!!! I never use my rimfires anymore and even bought a .25 barrel to shoot massive 42 grain Eun Jins.:)

Buy one for your first PCP to learn as it is easy to mod and fix as opposed to many other PCP's costing two or three times the amount, Add a RWS 16mm muzzle stablizer and shoot heavy pellets and you will something that is stealthy. … Read Full Review

Id12345's Response to randyhub's Review

Written on: 28/03/2009

hey good review i was thinking of getting one of these as a first pcp and was wondering, to pump up the tank do you need any other adaptors or connectors besides the pump or does it just go straight in to the air tank and you start pumping

Airtuner1's Response to randyhub's Review

Written on: 15/05/2010

I agree. In my opinion, the AF Condor is the ultimate airgun. I have had mine for over three years. I has been very dependable. I used to have a lot of airguns, but have sold them all and kept the Condor. It is the airgun that I have been searching for the past 32 years. I have used it for pest control, hunting, target and plinking. I can turn it down and shoot for an hour with light pellets or turn the power up and shoot heavy pellets with near rim-fire power for 25 shots. It's way better than a rim-fire for pest control as the pellet doesn't have the carry over that the rim-fire does. It is also quite a bit more accurate than a rim-fire. I also like the lifetime warranty.

Written on: 31/03/2009

Wow a little costly and the permit sounds like a challenge. :(
<br/>Randy

Id12345's Response to randyhub's Review

Written on: 29/03/2009

Oh right thanks for clearing that up, good to know you are enjoying it, unfortunatey its not as easy for me to get one, as i live in the UK and even though the gunpower rifles are the exact same they cost $855 for the gun alone and i would have to obtain a Fire arms certificate to legally have one, ill get one evntually though these things look awesome. Thanks.

Written on: 28/03/2009

Thanks just need a simple adapter than the tanks screws right to the pump or fill clamp.
<br/>Randy :)

Written on: 28/03/2009

Thanks, yes you will need an inexpensive connector for the Condor tank then it will screw directly to the pump or fill station without a tethered line.
<br/>Randy
<br/>
<br/>PS these Condors rock!!

“I love my gun. I have build my own extended barrel...”

Written on: 03/06/2008 by BluntForceTrauma (1 review written)

I love my gun. I have build my own extended barrel shroud for consideration of my neighbors. But I on occasion remove my shroud, there's nothing like the un-corked tone that comes from firing a condor at full power...breathtaking… Read Full Review

“Worth every penny spent. Had my condor almost two...”

Written on: 27/01/2008 by Alienhogg (1 review written)

Worth every penny spent. Had my condor almost two years now and it is still my pride and joy. Does't matter if I'm plinking or hunting. This is a great air gun, two thumbs up to the manufacturer and there customer service along with the staff at Pyramydair… Read Full Review

“I bought my condor in February, and been shooting it...”

Written on: 20/10/2007 by jerryjpersinger (4 reviews written)

I bought my condor in February, and been shooting it off an on all summer, i had a problem with it, it would have valve lock, if i pumped it up to 200 bar the pellet would sometimes only go half way down the barrel, then i would cock it again and the pellet would go down range at a slow speed no way near the 30 yard target, i would keep shooting till the pressure in the tank dropped to around 150 bar then it would start shooting real hard, and it was real accurate at 40 yards, but i still was… Read Full Review

“You must use a heavy pellet when shooting the condor...”

Written on: 26/12/2006 by Bommarito1 (1 review written)

You must use a heavy pellet when shooting the condor to get this rifle to be accurate even at lower power levels if the wind picks up the lighter pellet will wander. I recommend the eun jin 5.5mm/22cal 29g pellet it is the right pellet for the condor, in all weather conditions. I have tested this rifle for about 1 year.
It is a great rifle for pest control because of the accuracy at high power settings. I own several other pellet rifles and found that the condor is best for pest control. I have… Read Full Review

Jerryboy 69's Response to Bommarito1's Review

Written on: 20/02/2007

Do you have problems with the first 30 or 40 shots when you fill the tank at 3000 psi?
<br/>
<br/>Because I have this problem with my Air Force Condor. The shots are very slow setting the power at 8 - 9, and after several shots the shots are powerful, but I don't think this should be happening. It is supposed to be powerful on the first shot.
<br/>
<br/>Do you have any advice?

Id12345's Response to Bommarito1's Review

Written on: 14/05/2008

Hi. Does the condor have a clip/magazine or do you have to reload after every shot. thanks

Bommarito1's Response to Bommarito1's Review

Written on: 22/02/2007

Yes I have the same problem. I fill to 2800 psi.

“When i first recieved my Air Force Condor, it looked...”

Written on: 30/03/2006 by ashe18c (5 reviews written)

When i first recieved my Air Force Condor, it looked better than any picture. Bought the pump to fill up the tank, took a long time and very difficult. When i finally got ready to shoot, it was more powerful and loud than i ever imagined. This rifle will go through anything. I put up a target in front of a one inch plywood. Went right through it. Shot some phone books, went right through them. Shot a steel wheel barrel as a target, went right through them. I was at about level 7-9 out of 13… Read Full Review

Ac Sniper's Response to ashe18c's Review

Written on: 05/09/2006

What is the exact thickness of the barrel on a Condor air rifle at the muzzle? Thanks.

Written on: 22/10/2007

hi shinobi . in my opinion i would get the 22 cal condor it is the best of all of them. also get the tri rail it sets your scope up higher and you can adjust your scope back and forth better, plus it makes the gun look better, you will have plenty clearance for your big scope,t he nosic level sounds like a 22 long rifle going off if you set the power wheel on 13 which i always keep mine on, if you don't want much nosic move the power down to power setting down to 7 or so setting, you will have to play with it to find out what you like, i got the tri rail and put high mounts on my condor , i got a 3x12x44 bsa scope and still have plenty of clearance to put a BIG scope on it, i also just posted a review on the condor, check it out that will help make up your mind, hope i have been a little help, Jerry.

Shinobi 13's Response to ashe18c's Review

Written on: 20/10/2007

I have the Leapers 6-24x 50mm scope with an Accushot High Mount. Do you think that will be enough clearance? Hey I have a question, In your opinion, what rifle should I get ? The talon, talon ss, or condor? I want sound suppression for target practice at my house and condor power for long range shots in the field. I know you can buy a condor put a 12" barrel on it with a cap, but will that be any quieter? Or could I just lower the power of the condor to make it quieter when I shoot at my house. I already own a Gamo Shadow Sport and that one's ok if I put heavy lead in it, but if i use light ammo it's pops like a ....... I will appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks,
<br/>Shinobi MB

Written on: 18/10/2007

hi shinobi, i paid 560.00 for my condor, it is a little loud about like a 22 long rifle, i had trouble with mine it would not start shooting until around 150 bar pressure, and it had valve lock at 200 bar pressure, so i sent it off to texas where they made it , they sent it back to me and it really shoots now at 200 bar,, they put new valve on the air bottle and put a new striker weight in the gun, it really is the best gun i ever shot in a pellet gun after the problems this is a very good gun, if you get one make sure you get the tri rail for your scope you will need it to raise the scope high enough to see through hope i was a help to you. Jerry

Shinobi 13's Response to ashe18c's Review

Written on: 18/10/2007

Hey I'm interested in purchasing this rifle, but I'm kinda iffy about spending over 800 dollars on it. Is it really worth it? Have you noticed any problems with it? I'm probably gonna get the pump. Any advice or info would really work. PS. on a scale from one to ten how loud is it? I have a Gamo Shadow sport and it's got a loud twangy noise. is it comparable?

Written on: 15/09/2007

I really like my condor 22 cal, but i have found a problem with it, the spring that hits the air reserve bottle valve is too weak to open it at 200 bar pressure, i found out that at 150 bar pressure it does shoot at its max set on 13 power setting, does any one out their know? If i can send it to anyone? Who can put a heavier spring in it, thanks Jerry.

Written on: 30/05/2007

Yes ashe, i think this will be the one i use all the time, it feels like a m16 and about the same weight, no recoil, shoots great, and plenty of power for squirrels, and not very loud, i was suprised because my Gamo 1250 really cracks when you shoot it, also heavy, well shoot straight Jerry.

Written on: 26/05/2007

Wow, glad you got it to work. It is great you came out benefiting from it in the end. I leave mine at the highest also. The spring shouldn't lose strength, unless you leave it cocked. So is it powerful enough? I hope it lived up to your expectations.

Written on: 25/05/2007

Ashe thats what was wrong with my condor, after i pumped up my new hi-flo tank, which took 500 pumps with a Logan pump, i put up a target at 30 yards, a piece of 3/4 in plywood, well i was shooting 21 grain Kodak pellets, the pellets punched through the plywood, it is a hard hitting gun now, i called Pyramidair and they said they would replace the old tank with a hi-flo tank, now i will have two hi-flo tanks so thats great, so if you hear of anyone having trouble with a new condor not shooting very hard thats probably the trouble, WRONG TANK, its easy to get them mixed up, same tanks different valves, also i had the power setting screw on the side of the gun that moves to show you the power setting fell almost out,its a little allen screw, so i put locktite on it, so anyway i leave it on power 13 all the time, and don't move it, i don't think it should weaken the spring leaving it their as long as the gun not cocked, i was putting the power setting back on o when i got through shooting but now i leave it on 13 power all the time, thats what i got the gun for anyway to shoot on high power and shoot squirrels, well shoot straight JERRY.

Written on: 24/05/2007

Hey, hopefully that should work. If it does, after about fifteen or so shots, the velocity will decrease slightly after every shot. Let me know if you get it to work, am very curious what is wrong...

Written on: 18/05/2007

Ashe i shot 50 pellets on one tank fill and still had plenty of air left in tank , and the pellet did not drop a bit at 30 yards, i think they sent me the metered tank, i had the gun set on 13 the highs power setting , so today i ordered a hi-flo tank i should only get 15 shots out of it on power setting 13 what ya think? Jerry

Written on: 18/05/2007

Sorry, i didn't see that you said you did pump it all the way up. That is strange. What kind of pellet are you using then? That is the only other factor that could have an effect. Lead pellets will not penetrate anything harder than it. It will have no problem with animals or soft wood. if you want to shoot through hardwood or steel, get those steel pellets with the plastic casing. i think they're called skenco. here it is at airgunexpress: http://airgunexpress.com/Accessories/SkencoPellets/d&smagnumhuntingpellet903-08-0177+.htm
<br/>hope that helps...

Written on: 18/05/2007

hey, they condor might come with the high flow tank. i think the talon has the normal one. about your other problem, did you pump the tank all the way up to 2000psi? when the tank is shipped to you, it is completely empty. it will take about fifteen to twenty minutes of strenuous hard pumping to fill the tank completely? what kind of pump are you using? i got a hill pump with a gauge so i can see exactly how much pressure the tank has. with the tank full, i can get approx 15 to 20 shots at full power. then the power decreases a little, but i don't notice it much without testing it. let me know if you still have problems. i'm more than glad to help you enjoy this rifle.
<br/>-vince

Written on: 17/05/2007

ashe or any one, i got a question? my new condor don't shoot very hard, at 30 yards or meters it wont penetrate a 1/4 inch of plywood, i just shot 40 rounds from the gun and the pellet did not drop any, i think i got a meatered tank, what you think? any suggestions out their. Jerry. 22cal condor.

Written on: 16/05/2007

Ashe i got my tri-rail put on my scope shot it 10 times, pumped it back up and shot it 12 times, then pumped it up and shot it 10 times, it was about 35 yards, i don't think i got a hi-flo valve with mine it would not penetrate a peace of plywood just bounce off, very disappointing, what ya think. jerry

Written on: 26/03/2007

Ashe i pumped up my condor tank to 200 bar, it took about 5 shots before it would start shooting, i guess thats what you call valve lock, is the tank they send with the condor a high flow tank, i was just wondering i want to get the most foot pounds out of it i can, i am still waiting for my tri-rail so i can mount my scope be glad when it gets in , to do some serious shooting. jerry.

Written on: 17/03/2007

Glad you like it. I bought mine with the tri rail, accessory bar, and the bipod. I was told you have to mount a scope with a tri-rail. Got a 8-32x target scope and it is dead accurate at all distances. Never used the bipod, that made it too heavy. Let me know how you like the condor after you get the scope put on and sighted.
<br/>-Vince

Written on: 15/03/2007

Ash i got the condor the other day, put my scope on it but it wasn't high enough to see very well through , so i ordered a tryrail to put on it also, i believe that will take care of that problem, i shot it and it went through a two by six board and came out the other side like butter, man that is a power house, i think this one is a keeper, i will find out this squirrel season. good shooting Jerry.

Written on: 23/12/2006

Hey, I also have the RWS48, and it is much easier to carry around. Feels like half the weight, and with the sling, I can take a decent hike with it. I can't tell you how accurate and powerful this rifle is. When you shoot it, there is absolutely no recoil either. If you don't mind reloading the pellet every shot, then there is nothing to be disappointed. If you have any questions we can always exchange email addresses on the ReviewCentre shooting forums.

Written on: 22/12/2006

ashe - I have an M48 22 and an M48 25 cal RWS. I also have a 177 Gamo 1250 air rifle, but I am not satisfied. They're a little too heavy to pack around. I have been reading about the Air Force Condor 22 cal. If they do what I read, then I think it would make a good 50 yard squirrel gun. If I can get ten good shots at full power before refiling the air tank, then I would probably get one. After ten shots at full power do you know how much pressure would be left in the tank, and how long to refill the tank after ten shots with a hand pump?
<br>
<br>Thanks. Jerry. From U.S.A.

Written on: 06/09/2006

5/8"

“I just got my Air Force Condor this weekend, I am very...”

Written on: 15/01/2006 by clevis41 (1 review written)

I just got my Air Force Condor this weekend, I am very happy with it. One rabbit down at 45 yards and lots more to go. This gun has plenty of power, it's pretty crazy to see such power from a burst of air. It is dead accurate as well. I love the look of the gun. I will definitely add a laser to it eventualy along with a bipod. It seems to be made well except for when the air tank is on the gun it wiggles around too much in my opinion, but I took it apart and altered it with some electrical… Read Full Review

“The Air Force Condor is powerful and is accurate when...”

Written on: 11/01/2006 by joshuadykhuis (1 review written)

The Air Force Condor is powerful and is accurate when using right pellets. I shot a pellet in the same hole at 50yrd. Good gun for a beginner who doesn't know much about guns but next time I will get the Daystate, they have one that is just as powerful but more goodies like built in pressure gauge on the gun, ten shot clip… Read Full Review

Jordanolsonm's Response to joshuadykhuis's Review

Written on: 16/01/2006

There are no daystate rifles with the same power as the condor other than the Air Ranger and it has many problems with it, not to mention it is more than 3x the cost. And valve lock does not occur at 2000 plus, it is only around 2900-3000, and there is a $40 aftermarket part that will fix this. If you want to avoid it, just fill to 2700, where the gun performs best. I do agree with you about the pump, the first bit of advice I give to anyone considering this rifle is to get a scuba setup if at all possible.

Jordanolsonm's Response to joshuadykhuis's Review

Written on: 21/02/2007

Jerryboy... the part that would help you is a heavier hammer weight. For tons of info about these guns and several sources for this part, do yourself a favor and visit www.talonownersgroup.com. If you want my special recommendation... speak to Anthony266, he&#039;s done a fair amount of work for me and the results were amazing. His website is: www.talontunes.com, Enjoy!

Jerryboy 69's Response to joshuadykhuis's Review

Written on: 20/02/2007

I have the same problem. About to fill the tank at 3000 psi. The first 30 or 40 shoots feel very slow and set the power at 8 - 9.
<br/>
<br/>Do you know what and where I can get that part that you mention?

“Ok where to start - I read everything on air guns for...”

Written on: 09/01/2006 by Bob Bobby (2 reviews written)

Ok where to start - I read everything on air guns for about 5 months prior to buying the Condor on 01/06. I looked at the different types of springers like the RWS 48 - and I looked at the BSA Hornet. Then I came across the Air Force guns by mistake. I didn't want to spend up to 1,000.00 dollars for an air gun. But I was willing to do so if it was very accurate and powerful. Accuracy was very important to me, I had to have a gun that would put a pellet within an inch at 100 yards.

Out of… Read Full Review

“I just purschased my Air Force Condor on 01/01/06. Out...”

Written on: 08/01/2006 by Bob Bobby (2 reviews written)

I just purschased my Air Force Condor on 01/01/06. Out of the box, I attached everything and sighted the scope within 5 minutes. Warning - if you buy a 3x9 scope you will replace it within days with a 6x24x44 or greater. The rifle shots that well. I CAN PUT PELLETS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER AT 30 YARDS. This weapon is very accurate! Read all the other reviews. They are correct. The gun is loud but not bad. I spent several months trying to decide what high end rifle to buy. I went back between the… Read Full Review

“I recently purchased the Air Force Condor, and can't...”

Written on: 30/11/2005 by Sniperdon (4 reviews written)

I recently purchased the Air Force Condor, and can't hesitate to use it for hunting after only a few round in-house target practises in the rear garden. I found that it's no problem at all to get a straight kill of a wild dog at around 20 yards when I hit it at the vital organ area (lungs and heart). That's also the technique I use in bowhunting as well for big goat in the bush. The pellet I used was .22 28g RWS. Excellent pellet for this sort of high power PCP gun. I also recommend that the… Read Full Review

“My big interest in this Air Force Condor was for...”

Written on: 21/04/2005 by CVanMeter (8 reviews written)

My big interest in this Air Force Condor was for hunting. Having read many reviews, I had no doubt that this would make it a top notch choice for hunting due to it's power and light weight. Something about the militaristic look also appealed to me. When I first opened the box, I found I was very happy with the fit and finish of the gun. Came with a great video from the manufacturer that covers eveything you would need to know and great tips to get the most out of the gun. Could not help but… Read Full Review

Fpereramx's Response to CVanMeter's Review

Written on: 23/05/2005

Please let me know the item number for the “accessory that looks like it is how the gun should have came out of the box” you got from Airhog

Legotp456's Response to CVanMeter's Review

Written on: 16/02/2006

Hi,
Could you send me a picture of the condor with the moderator on it from airhog? tonysplacel@msn.com is my e-mail.
Thanks

Cvanmeter's Response to CVanMeter's Review

Written on: 25/05/2005

I don't think it has a part or item number. Another owner of a Condor suggested it and sent a photo of his. Does not look like an added on accessory, but part of the gun and takes all of a minute to install. Just contact www.Airhog.com and tell them what you want. A bit spendy though at $150 but worth it for me. Opens up a whole new world as to where and when you can shoot.

“Got an Air force Condor in November 2004 and was...”

Written on: 13/02/2005 by rob3dr (18 reviews written)

Got an Air force Condor in November 2004 and was amazed at the power of this rifle. Mine was cronying at about 1130 fps with 16gr JSB exacts and about 950fps with 28gr Eun Jins. Accuracy is superb. I've found that JSB predators are the most accurate pellet for my Condor, shooting one hole groups at 40 yards. Exacts do cloverleaf groups and Kodiaks and Eun Jins do nickle sized groups at 40 yards.
The Condor is now in transit back to Air Force though. Tophat started leaking and though I got it… Read Full Review

“The Air Force Condor is an excellent piece of...”

Written on: 18/11/2004 by jwbradle (1 review written)

The Air Force Condor is an excellent piece of machinery. Fit and finish are first rate and form truly follows function. The possibilities are endless for creating your own personal rifle. This rifle may be a departure from tradition, but it is truly dragging the industry into the 21st. century. My rifle loves Kodiak and Eun Jin pellets and I cannot wait to try many more. My sight in target is at 30 yards, and I can keep the pellets inside a dime. Trust me that group size is due to my… Read Full Review

“I was skeptical about the Air Force Condor when I...”

Written on: 05/06/2004 by peter1505 (6 reviews written)

I was skeptical about the Air Force Condor when I first choose to pay the extra $110 and get it over the Talon, but my worries were unfounded. Firstly, this is just a very solid rifle, you can feel it when you pick it up, it's sturdy, and it has a real feel to it. The black aluminum that makes up most of it's body is flawless and gives a stealthy look to the rifle, which also, with accessories (scope, bipod etc) still weighs only about 7.5 lbs, and 6.5lbs without accessories. The accuracy is… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/06/2004

If you use a hand pump to re-fill your tank, about how long does it take to fill it up from the level at which the pressure is too low to shoot the gun reliably, to a full tank? How hard is it to do this with your pump, and do you have any recommendations for a paticular pump?

Parkalot90's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 21/04/2011

Hi, I know this review is old but hopefully you still check up on these and respond..
<br/>
<br/>I am thinking about purchasing the AirForce Condor rifle but I am very particular about the build of the things I buy. What materials is this rifle made of? Aluminum? Steel? Cheap plastic?
<br/>
<br/>If there are plastic parts where are they on the gun? Also, is it cheap plastic or good quality polymer? I want to make sure that I buy an air rifle that will last me a long time without having to worry about cheap parts falling apart. I've heard nothing but good things about this rifle, but I am fairly rough with my tools of the trade and value durability.
<br/>
<br/>Please respond if you still look at these.
<br/>Thank you!!

Fsbell1's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 05/01/2010

I know this was an old review but i just purchased a new .22 Condor...WOW! I sighted mine in at 10 ft...then moved it to 10yds. I'm now out to 50yds and I'm going to go to 75yds I think. I shoot 18.1g Jumbos and at 5 clicks from the lowest power setting, the pellet has enough power to blast through a 3/4" pine board but enough accuracy to shoot a 1/2" diameter bullseye...every time! If you are just shooting in the backyard as I am, there's no need to shoot 30g pellets on the highest power setting. It is a waist of money and it's loud! I can't say enough about this gun! My guess is that ona power setting of 6-7 with a 23g pellet on a calm day, this gun will shoot a 1" ctc group at 100yds!! This is by far, the most accurate pellet gun under $1000! I had one question for Pete...what Chrony would you suggest for someone to keep a close eye on velocity strings under different power settings with various size pellets? Beta, alpha or gamma? Thanks in advance, Frank

Festigio369's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 19/02/2008

hey, im a pretty decent shot. can the condor consistently, lethally hit a squirrel size target at 120 yards with the yujin pellets? odds are i'd never see a squirrel at that distance but is it possible from a bench rest? with mid weight pellets, how many shoots above 950 fps can be achieved with a full tank? at pyramydair.com they sell it with a refill adaptor thing, i'm new to pcp rifles, so if i bought that would i only need to buy a standard scuba tank? would you say this gun is more accurate than a .22 rimfire?
<br/>thanks

Bch's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 01/02/2008

I recently purchased a Condor, I 'm still getting used to it and have a scope mounted on it with high rings, I'm considering putting on the tri-rail scope base. Any opinions or configuration ideas would be helpful. Thanks

Malaycobra's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 26/02/2007

Go with a 3,000 psi SCUBA tank and adapter. Look on eBay for the tank. You could be set up for around $400.
<br/>Scuba tanks cost around $10 - 15 to fill at any dive shop.

Onilrem's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 25/02/2007

Thanks. That answers my question. I guess that a pump would be in order.
<br/>0nilrem.

Written on: 25/02/2007

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you are talking about a regular garage compressor for filling up tires and stuff like that; then the answer is no! You can't use this type of compressor. The Condor needs to be filled up to 3000 psi, well around that pressure, and a shop compressor can only do 300 psi at most. They do make compressors that will fill to 3000, but it will set you back at least $1000.

Onilrem's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 24/02/2007

Hello,
<br/>Can the power supply tank be filled with an Air Compressor?
<br/>Thank you.
<br/>Peter.

Written on: 04/10/2006

Yes I've shot the ss. It is quiet (compared to a condor) and still a powerful gun, with up to 30 foot-pound of energy, which is more than enough to hunt small game. A lot of power to spare if you are just plinking or doing pest control. Lots of shots in this case. The power is adjustable, just like on all AF rifles, but I find it useless, because of too many variables: you'd have to change ammo, reset zero and so on... You will find your own set up, and it will depend on many, many things. My setup with condor is 21.1 gr. Kodiak, power wheel on 10, zero is set for 50 yards, magnification 7. I learn what my combo is capable of with this setup; you know, the trajectory, POI, elevation adjustments, energy retention and so on, and I stick with it. Less headache. I use this setup every time, regardless of the range or an application. AF rifles are relatively new on the airgun hunting scene, and yes they are pretty good, and also twice as cheap compared to high quality guns from England, Germany or Sweden. It's a matter of personal choice. The condor is actually more than I need. But, still the biggest downside of all AF rifles is a lack of regulating air meter system, that means consistency. Bad consistency means bad accuracy. That's why you really need to learn everything about you combo. If you do decide to go with SS, you find your favorite set up and you stick with it. This is the best I can tell you.
<br/>
<br>Also, there is some great software called Chairgun2, which is about airgun ballistics. It's free to download. It is very helpful if you want to learn you combo. www.chairgun2.com
<br/>Good luck.

Shawnyboy's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 02/10/2006

Has anyone shot the Airforce Talon SS? I am new to air guns, but not to hunting. I'm interested in plinking and hunting with a quality rifle that will last. Any information will help.
<br/>Thanks,
<br/>Shawnyboy

Ac Sniper's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 11/09/2006

Thanks for the info! And by the way,I&#039;m already hooked.

Written on: 10/09/2006

Hey sniper, this is not exactly a forum. you will get all the info you need at talonownersgroup.com Just become a member and enjoy it, you will be hooked.

Ac Sniper's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 05/09/2006

What is the exact thickness of the Premium Lothar-Walther barrel at the muzzle of a Condor air rifle? Thanks.

Written on: 09/06/2006

Yes, I am trying to find out how many shots this Condor is capable of, I am talking about from max down to 900 fps using 21.6 gr. Kodiaks. Someone said it is only 5 shots, well it is unacceptable. I am still trying to decide on this rifle. Thank you.

Written on: 19/04/2006

Gobo,
<br> Filling to 3000 psi will lower your power for the first few shots, like the first 5 or so could be low. If your power doesn't pick up after the first few, you should try cleaning your barrel to get out any buildup. Also, as general maintenance you should lube your pellets if you don't already. Let's see, oh, try putting your hand or a kleenex over the breech area when you fire and feel for air escaping. Your breech or ring might have been damaged which could cause a loss in velocity. So yeah, just check those few things. If the velocity still isn't up, the problem might be something more serious.
<br>And to everyone, yes, Mavericks is no longer doing the discount, not by his choice though.

Malaycobra's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 17/04/2006

Maverick is no longer offering the discount

Gobo's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 16/04/2006

When i first got my Condor i thought i was firing a cannon, loud and through everything, metal, wood you name it. Now i refill the air tank with my pump up to 200 bars (3000 psi) and cannot get back to that same level of intensity. Am i refilling it to much? There are no apparent defects i can see. Would appreciate input.

Written on: 16/03/2006

Anyone wondering about Maverick's services, you go here to find out how the process goes:
Go to www.talonownersgroup.com, on the left of the page, there are some options, click "forums." Select the "General" forum from the list. There is a stick thread at the top named "TOG member discount restrictions" You will find the information there, just private message him and he will take care of you. He is really reliable and is a very nice guy. While on the subject of the TOG, if you want to know anything about AirForce rifles, that is the place to go... www.talonownersgroup.com

Raderyana's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 15/03/2006

jordanolsonm,
How can I get hold of this guy named Mavericks, so that I can get the 15% off the stuff I buy from pyramydair.

Written on: 13/03/2006

raderyana,
<br> The condor does not come with the high pressure pump, but you can buy one at pyramydair.com for $230 that comes with everything you need accept the 1/4" adapter which is another $15 or so, but you can get %15 off the pump, or anything else from pyramydair if you get in contact with a man named Mavericks from the TOG (www.talonownersgroup.com). He is a great guy and is very reliable.
<br> However, I feel I must say that you should look into getting a scuba tank to fill your gun. If you think there is no way to get it filled, do some more research, try fire stations, sports chalet, dive shops (duh), or paintball supply stores. Trust me, it is worth it! Oh, and cheaper too.
<br>Regards, Jordan Olson

Raderyana's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 11/03/2006

I was wondering if the Condor air rifle comes with the high pressure air pump or not, because I am thinking about purchasing this air rifle. If it doesn't come with the pump where can I get a real good deal on one.

Written on: 17/02/2006

Panthera,
The problem with the condor in .177 is that it has TOO much power. It will push medium sized .177 pellets to 1300-1400 fps easily, but you can't concentrate on numbers. If a pellet breaks the speed of sound, which is roughly 1100 fps, all hopes of accuracy go out the window. It won't matter if you have the power, if you can't hit what you aim at. I would suggest getting a regular talon or talon SS because they will shoot a .177 at the highest it will go before you lose accuracy, and they are cheaper. If you had to get the condor, you could get the heavy eun gin pellets which are like 16 gr, but you would have to adjust the power level until you stopped hearing the sonic boom with every shot. Once you get in the area around 1000-1050 fps, it will be pretty accurate out to 50 yards, and you will be able to hit stuff out at 70 yards or so with practice. Hope this helps, good luck with your purchase, I LOVE my condor.
Regards,
Jordan Olson

Panthera's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 17/02/2006

I managed to fall upon this reveiw site, and was hoping that someone might be able to shed a little light on a situation i am sitting with. Although I mailed "AirForce" yesterday asking them to assist in finding a way of getting a Condor to me in South Africa, I am still waiting in huge anticipation for a reply. My main query is the condor in .177 calibre, as I am very interested in it due to the fact that the .22 requires licensing, and they are just not being awarded here at the moment. I have read a few reveiws about their being just too much balls behind the Condor to hunt in .177, but varminting in South Africa requires something that can hit hard at around 50 yards, and having a "Cometa Fenix 400" works well, but i am wanting something better, and the Condor seems the way to go. If anyone has any info on the capabilities in .177, please could they let me know.
Thanks
Brandon

Written on: 17/01/2006

Jordan,
<br>Thanks for the input. The scuba tank sounds good, but my only conern is toting around that tank when I go hunting and the constant cost of refilling it. What does the tank cost used? Also, what's the average price of filling up the scuba tank?
<br>Perhaps I won't get the pump if it is not worth it.
<br>Thanks,
<br>Erik

Written on: 13/01/2006

Hegshen,
Compressing air to such high pressures literally squeezes all the moisture out of the air. Without the moisture filter, the little condensed droplets of water are free to go into your gun and without cleaning, you can get rust. This is especially true if you live in a very humid area, then the filter is a must. I know it cost a little more, but I would go for it, just to ensure the longevity of the gun. Actually, on a different note, I would advise to get a scuba tank if it is at all possible. A scuba setup can cost much less then the pump and is FAR easier. Just my $.02

Written on: 12/01/2006

Is the logun fx pump with the moisture filter important to have, or will the pump without be just as "safe" for the rifle.

Written on: 05/01/2006

Bom,
Kodiaks are well known for their accuracy in the condor, so it is strange that they don't work well for you. The only explanation I can think of is that on level 13, the kodiaks would be going supersonic if you had a particularly hot gun, but that means the crow magnums would too?? Maybe the crow magnums are just able to stay steadier at high speeds because of the way they are shaped or something. The only advice I could give you is to turn the power down, kodiaks like level 9 or 10. I'm pretty sure your groups will get tight if you turn down the velocity. As far as storing it at 13, that keeps the spring under constant tension, which means it will wear out faster, so if it is not a problem, turning it down to 0 will lengthen the spring life. Hope this helps.
<br>-Jordan-

Bommarito1's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 05/01/2006

I added a comment a few months ago . it had some questions about pellets and a condor power wheel settings. can any body help me out with some answers from personal experience. thanks

Written on: 04/01/2006

The AirHog shroud can be bought from Van at www.airhog.com, the price is $150. It is not on their website, you have to either call or email them. As far as what it looks like, it is a black tube that slides over the barrel all the way up to the frame and secures with a little screw, it makes the gun look like it has a bull barrel. You could use a gunpower silencer, but in most states, they are illegal, but the AirHog is legal in all states, and it is very effective. For some pics, you can go to www.talonownersgroup.com and use the search function to search "AirHog shroud"
<br>-Jordan-

Hoyceg75's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 04/01/2006

I have a Ruger 10/22 long rifle and its definately louder than my Condor. I've had the Condor for a few weeks and I like it alot. I put alot of accessories on the 22LF and it shoots awesome at 65 yards, (which I've measured). I shoot golf balls very consistantly. The Condor, unlike my 22LF, can't be heard from inside the house. It makes a good crack though unlike any of my other airguns (Gamo Shadow .177, Winchester 1000x .177, Crossman 8 pumper .20. I haven't yet decided if the Condor can shoot as good or better than my 22LF. I really need some more time and day light to do some real testing, but I've shot alot of pellets and for now I'm sticking with those heavy Eun Jin pellets. I get awesome groupings at my 55 yard back stop. In all, this gun definitely blows away my other air guns and is in close comp. with my 22LF.

Phips's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 03/01/2006

Concerning silencers/sound moderators for the Condor:

You maybe could use the Silencer of the Gunpower Storm. It is identical to the Airforce Talon (it has a Lothar Walter 18''-barrel and I assume it's the same used on the Talon...)

I further assume the 18''- and 24''- barrels are of same outer diameter. Hence it shouldn't be a problem to mount the Storm silencer. The silencer by the way is available only in .22...

jordanolsonm,
what is and how much is the air hog shroud?
Thanks,
hegshen

hegshen,
<br> Consistency has never been one of AirForce's strong points. I mean that one shot may vary from the next by pretty many (10-15 fps) However, consistency doesn't correspond to accuracy cause the accuracy is great on these guns. There is a curve in the fps, if you fill the tank to 3000 psi, your first few shots will be low velocity. It is common knowledge to only fill the tank to about 2700 psi. That way you start off with a full powered shot. On full power, you should get about 20 or so really powerful shots, then it will decrease from there. As far as noise, a condor is very loud. I think it is a tad louder than a .22 rimfire, but fortunately, it can be nearly silenced with the AirHog shroud.

Written on: 31/12/2005

I've got a Webley Patriot .22 cal and am thinking about upgrading to the condor. My question is how consistent the air tank is at delivering power shot after shot as well as the noise level?
<br>How does the noise compare to a .22 LR?
<br>Would you recommend me upgrading to the Condor?
<br>thanks,
<br>Erik

Joshuadykhuis's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 17/12/2005

i just got my condor and i had problems right away, 1 first my tank mount came loose and set screw which holds the tank in place became stripped somehow. little plastic peice came of the cocking knob that pretects the threads on the knob. I'ts been working good ever since i fixed them. accuracy is excellent. I shot another pellet in another pellet hole at 50 yards! I know this of my scope has a built in range finder. Gun is sweet but i was it was a repeater not a single shot, safety have to reset it to shoot every time of cocking, no built in pressure guage for tank pressure!

Written on: 16/12/2005

Yes, the scope rail and all the accessory rails are all 3/8" dovetail, but 11-13mm should work as well (11mm for sure). And if you see on the rings' description "1 inch" or "30mm" that corresponds to the scope you get, has nothing to do with the gun's scope rail.

Hoyceg75's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 15/12/2005

Does anyone know what type of scope rail the Condor comes with? I assume it is a dove rail but I don't know what size ring clamps will fit.

Written on: 06/12/2005

Akkaid,
<br>I haven't seen peter respond for a while, but I know a lot about these guns. The Condor can be nearly silenced, all you hear is the hammer weight hitting the top hat and a small pfffff of air. This can be achieved legally in all states by contacting Van at www.airhog.com, he makes a sound moderator for $150 that looks like it is a part of the gun. It is not on their sight, so you have to email them or call. Also, if you want to learn everything there is to know about these guns and see some videos of them in action, you can go to www.talonownersgroup.com, but I warn you, if you go there, you will get hooked. If you have any more questions, I can probably answer most of them.

Akkaid's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 02/12/2005

Hey there Pete, hope you are still answering Q's on this gun. My wife gave me the green light to purchase a Talon or Condor. I want the Condor for the power afforded, but silence is a BIG deal for me (I'm a backyard assassin, and it's not always my back yard ;)
<br>
<br>What silent mods have you added? Where did you get them? and how effective were they?
<br>Thanks a ton, John

Terrance1234's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 18/07/2005

I own an air arms 410E and two weihrauchs hw35 and hw90 and am very happy with all. I have one question on the condor how do you tell the pressure in the gun without a gauge like I have on my air arms 410E or does the condor have a pressure gauge

Written on: 30/06/2005

Wow that site is very impressive, I've spent the last half hour drooling over some of those rifles and yes, I think they might take the prize for most powerful- 650 fpe in .57 caliber, that is amazing, truly amazing.

Written on: 29/06/2005

fpereramx......I had a look. Absolutely awesome pieces by a Master Craftsman!!
Now where do I get a visa......

Fpereramx's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 29/06/2005

take a look at www.barnespneumatic.com
<br>i am not sure but close

Kato's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 29/06/2005

OK my mistake. But truly - can anyone tell whats the most powerful weapon on earth that pushes the bullet only with compressed air?

Written on: 29/06/2005

In peter's statement, he said it was the most powerful small bore rifle... .50 caliber is not exactly "small" Of course, now new guns like the Ranger are getting 80 some ft/lbs with .22, but they weren't avaliable at the time the review was written.

Kato's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 28/06/2005

If you think that Condor is the most powerful airgun then check out these guns
www.quackenbushairguns.com
The .50-caliber with 230ft/lbs and more should change your mind!!!

Bommarito1's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 27/06/2005

I own the condor air rifle. And I like it but, the beeman kodiak 21.1 gr pellets in my rifle do not shoot well they wander a lot . The beeman crow magnum 18.2 gr pellets at 50 yards shoot 1/2 inch 5 shot groups. The Eun jin 28 gr pellets shoot 1/2inch 5 shot groups also at 50 yards.How is it that the 21.1gr kodiak heavier pellet shoots bad and the 18.2 gr crow magnum pellets shoots great.I think that my barrel does not like that pellet. all power settings are at high power 13 . knowing how too use your rifle without making adjustments to your scope what one pellet would you use. I can't choose I use crow mags for short range hunting and pest control and eun jin for long range hunting and pest control. I am leaning towards to the eun jin I think it shoots perfect. is there a better pellet in 22 cal. Is it ok to leave your power wheel set on 13 to store the rifle or should I lower it to 0 to store the rifle.

Assassin's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 16/06/2005

Peter1505 I have a couple of questions.
<br>1) Is there anything you can put on the condor to make it noiseless like a silencer on a real gun except turning the power level down.
<br>2) Where/How do you load the pellets in the condor.
<br>4) If, i said IF! you can use a silencer on the condor will it decrease the power & velocity

196696_Tom 13's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 15/06/2005

Peter1505 I have a couple of questions.
<br>1) Is there anything you can put on the condor to make it noiseless like a silencer on a real gun.
<br>2) Where/How do you load a pellet on the condor.
<br>3) Can you try the Gamo round ball pellets(.22cal.) on the condor & tell me the results along with the penetration & Accuracy test.By the way those round balls are lead not steel.
<br>4)If, I said IF! I can use a silencer on the condor will it decrease the power & velocite.

Nightfire's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 12/06/2005

I want to get the Condor but I live in New Jersey and I really don't feel like getting a gun lisence just for an air gun. I live on the New York border but the only shop near me that sells pellet guns is Davis Sport Shop and it doesn't sell Air Force guns. I asked them a while back if I could buy it online and have it shipped to them so I wouldn't need a permit but they gave me all these excuses. Does anyone know any good shops in NY state that either sells this rifle or will allow me to purchase it online and have it shiped to them where I can just pick it up? Any other ideas that would work if you don't know of any shops? Thanks

Fpereramx's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 24/05/2005

I have hear the gun is too loud, is there any possibility to make it noiseless?

Jedking's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 23/05/2005

How much would it cost to get the condor, a hand pump and every thing I need to shoot it except for a scope? When It says "rifle only" does it come with a tank?
Thanks!

Written on: 03/05/2005

Sorry I've been away for so long, just a reminder, The fact that it does not have a rotary magazine is a slight disadvantage, however, with the power and accuracy this rifle displays, you only need one shot to drop about anything the size of a medium dog and downward.
<br>YES....These air rifles are all money pits, but that's any hobby for you. I'm also into RC trucks, and anytime my emaxx breaks it usually costs me $50-$100 to get it up and running again...lol. If you dont want to spend the money, go to walmart and pickup a cheaper gun. There are some really good cost effective airguns out there...I say that without jest.
<br>I have finished some long range testing, including some insanely long shots, and I thought I'd post my results.
<br>I've been shooting at a sandpit not too far from where I live. I currently use a new scope, it's 4-12x40 Bushnell...only about $80 at your local gunshop or sporting goods store, but it works just fine for this experiment...oh, and before I forget, the link on straightshooters.com for the condor takes you to the 24" version of the talon, which is similar but not as powerful due to it's lacking the hi-flo valve on the tank.
<br>Anyways...I was using Kodiak .22 pellets, which shoot about as fast as you want a pellet to go without getting to fast...1130fps...which I found is slightly above the speed of sound, but it didn't effect accuracy too adversley. So at 100 yards with a bipod and a bench rest (ie, as steady as humanely possible) I was hitting in about a 2 inch area...I recharged after 15 shots because of slight dropoff. At 150 yards I dropped down to a JSB Exact pellet for the extra speed it would have less drop, and it gave 3.3 inch groups with 15 shots. At 200 yards it's pretty much a luck thing, so I switched to a more powerful scope, my brother loaned me is 12-24x50 scope and I put up some "Shoot'n'see" targets. It took me awhile to get down the drop and everything. But Kodiaks were the most accurate of the two tested pellets, but had about 8 inches of drop I estimated...so I cranked the scope way up on the top dial and continued...here the dropoff is extremely noticable and touchy. And the groups are all on target, but that's about the size of a dinner plate...this was with very calm winds, high humidity and 80 degrees. Maybe I'm just not good enough to do it, some say they can hit 2.5 inches at that range...but now that I've actually tested it, and with a bipod, scope and formal benchrest...I see how if you were a damn fine shot it would be possible, but in all practicality...stick to 100 yards and under..at 150 yards the gun is still almost blowing through 1" backstop of pine...the pellets nose is sticking out the back of the wood..it's plenty enough power to drop whatever you're shooting at. The sweet 16 which I recently purchased is a fine gun...very refined in fact, but doens't even come close to touching the power of the condor, though it does challenge it's accuracy. If you want a true hunter, this is still the rifle I recommend.

Hakan's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 12/01/2005

Peter, would you say that the fact that airforce condor lacks a rotary magazine is a disadvantage?
<br>How does it compare, in this sense, to rifles like Logun Sweet 16?

Written on: 20/12/2004

Only if your compressor goes up to 3000 PSI. Most shops only go to 180 or so. Hardly enough to open some of the check valves on these guns.

Illinoisshooter's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 17/12/2004

Are you able to fill the tank with an air compressor somehow? Would be cheaper and a lot less effort.

Illinoisshooter's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 16/12/2004

I have been checking out the condor rifle. My only concern is it seems like it could turn into a money pit. Buying the hand pumps for 200.00 etc. I was wondering since this tank is filled with just air, is there an adapter that you can get to use an air compresser. I think it would do the same thing without the expense and effort this hand pump is. Would this work?
<br>Derek

Nightfire's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 16/11/2004

I was looking around for a good, powerful rifle when I came across the condor. I was looking to buy one but one question, is it really worth all that money? I mean yes it's a great rifle but compaired to good rifles that are much cheaper, how does it stack up price wise? Thanks

Written on: 09/11/2004

Hi, When somebody gets a Condor 177. read my comment RWS 350 (accuracy,power), and please write me e-mail jamast1@hotmail.com, or check out my homepages (airgun hunting,airguns )there I have e-mail to. I want to knno how powerful is the Condor 177. My home pages : http://www.hot.ee/jansa350/

Shawn004's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 30/10/2004

Try shooters@straight shooters.com for fpe&fps for many various makes and types of pellets-for many different makes and types of airrifles including most popular springers and pcp's. they have extensive data for fpe&fps at different yardages including accuracy.

Written on: 26/10/2004

Hello, thanks to test your condor. I was disarray. I was mean 50 yards no 50 feet. Can you say where I can read more 177? Condor accuracy and power, I want to no, shooting in 50 yards (177.), goes pellet clear through 1" of pine? When yes, I assuredly buy it. That power enough to hunt small animals and birds .When it will be possible, I buy 22. , but then I need rifle licence (that cost a lot and lot of time to procedure papers :-( )

Written on: 25/10/2004

Janar,
<br>Sorry to hear your RWS 350 lost power; I have only read good things about them. But I have had springers lose some power after about 10,000 shots...I guess that's only natural.
<br>Anyways, I don’t own the condor in .177 caliber, only .22. So I can't vouch for its accuracy and power in a lower caliber. However, looking over the numbers that I have for .22, I would say that this gun would be more than adequate to hunt all the listed animals in .177 out to probably 40 yards (120 feet). Good shot placement is always a must with any airgun, we're not talking 7mm Mags here that will kill a whitetail deer at 650 yards, we're talking air powered guns with ranges of around 100 (for the condor) and less (most airguns around 50-60 is the limit if they are of high quality.)
<br>If you get a condor, get it in .22 for hunting unless you absolutely cannot. If you get it in .177, use Kodiaks or Crosman Premier heavy, and look into special made pellets that are even heavier at www.pyramidair.com .
<br>For .22, at 50 feet, the gun on high power will penetrate two 1" pieces of Pine with either Kodiaks or Eun Jin pellets. Even at 60 yards with the same pellets on high power it goes clear through 1" of pine. I've switched from using pine boards as backstops to using an archery target block, to avoid pass through for safety. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I don’t have the gun in .177 caliber.

Written on: 22/10/2004

Hello !
<br> Can you do some test shooting in 50 feet, how good is penetration and accuracy, shooting max power. But only 177. using different pellets. And test that what the max power when the condor is accurate in 50 feet , and how good penetration (hitting) .I want buy a hunting gun and ( I’m an airguns fanatic, like airguns ,they a quiet and in Estonia , no max fps. , airgun mast be 177. I don’t mast to make rifle licence ) I want to know, is the condor enough powerful to hunt rabbits, beavers, foxes and other small animals and big birds (duck, anser, accipiter), using heavy pellets ( 177. ) ?What the max distance to hunt ? I think, max is 50 feet in 177. more distance it’s not accurate and not enough power to kill animals and birds. What I want hunt, but I don’t know, I don’t have condor jet! I own RWS 350, 1250 ftp. when it was new (was powerful) but now, I don’t now, It lost a lot of power (one year old). Have PCP some problem? Thanks. Janar

174656_Adamwnewton's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 21/10/2004

Hi Peter1505
<br>I am new to airgunning. I recently bought a BSA Spitfire and am looking to quit it down a bit. Any suggestions where I can find a moderator?
<br>I have also been looking at a Talon or Condor as a night rig. Where is the best place to buy a shrouded barrel? Should I buy a TalonSS and then pick up a longer barrel or is it better to go with a Condor and then buy a shrouded bit? I am confused at this point and after reading your posts, you seem very willing to share your knowledge. Thanks in advance.
<br>A.

Written on: 19/10/2004

barndoorski,
<br>Good question...Crow mags shoot pretty straight out of my gun, but are not as accurate as other domed pellets. But are still "hunting accurate" with enough precision to take down crows to probably 60 yards. The power levels above halfway (6.5) on the gun are pretty loud, but shouldn't be anything to be confused with a firearm until you reach supersonic speeds. For target practice at close range, use power level 5...it's got good velocity with medium weight pellets, and isn't too loud. If you want to increase distance without too much noise, to go 6.5 level...it's a bit louder, but seems louder to a person standing there with you than it will to you. However, once you're 30 yards away from the rifle, it isn't too bad.
<br>If you're wanting to hunt or do long range targets with an optimum balance between power and noise, use level 8 or possibly 9 with Crow Mags. It will be louder than your spring piston, but nothing like what the gun does on high power. this should give you trajectory and velocity sufficient for good shots at 60 yards or so...longer shots are possible on this level, but I avoid them as the pellet loses power quickly at that distance.
<br>So my summation....Target practice close range (less than 30 yards) power level 5 with medium weight pellets (6 with crow mags). Long range targets (40+ yards) use 8 or possibly 9. If you are not concerned with noise like your neighbors are out of town or tell you they dont care, use 13 (highest) for shots out to 100 yards with good accuracy. Kodiaks are best for this, but Crow Mags will make the journey as well. Hope this answers your question.

Written on: 19/10/2004

Janar,
<br>If your PCP airgun is losing power, you have a leaking tank, send it to the factory for repair. With some tanks, (and I am NOT endorsing this action), you can turn the valve a quarter turn and eliminate the leak. PCP's should not ruin scopes either, as they should be recoilless and have no "blowback." There is one instance where my condor has the slightest recoil, and its' when shooting 28gr Eun Jin pellets on its highest power setting. It is VERY slight, and is much much less than what a spring piston airgun does.
<br>I'm not a fan of expensive scopes, though they do have their advantages, I don’t shoot any better with my Bushnell Trophy ($260) than I do with my Daisy Powerline 3-9x ($30). Scopes don’t make a better shooter, don’t buy into that.
<br>Start with a cheaper scope, then later on if you desire and/or are having trouble with it, buy a better one.
<br>If you're doing hunting, site in with the Kodiaks on power level 8. It's not too loud, but it's hitting really hard (30ft/lbs+ range) for the first thirty to forty shots, which if you're hunting, you're not taking 30 to 40 game in a day anyways, so you're good to go. At least I'm not allowed that many tags in one session..lol. You can refill the tank at any time you wish, I recommend only filling to the 180 bar unless you're shooting on high power. It has to do with pressurization behind the valve, read my previous comments for more details. feel free to ask anymore questions...I can't read what you wrote as I'm writing this, so I apologize if I missed anything.

Written on: 18/10/2004

Again thanks for the information. It is nice to get a good idea on pellets so I don't start off wasting money. As for the noise level, on the lower settings how loud is it? Say the crow mags at around the 800fps range? I live on 3/4 acre on the outside of town but there are neighbours on both sides of me so I need to keep it down a little but still want the long range power when I take it out in the field. It's also nice to tear up some wood here and there ;-)

Written on: 18/10/2004

Thanks for you comment. I have a question again. Did PCP airguns have a problem with loosing power when its older? My airgun lost its power a lot, its one year old. What kind scope must I buy. In my airgun I was break two scopes, that airgun own hard blowback. How does the air tank work? Can I shoot 25 shots and then pump it full power. I like target shooting , but I’m hunting most of the time. I like long range hunting and then I need a lot off power. How long I can I hold a full air tank ,when I don’t shoot long time ?

Written on: 15/10/2004

Janar,
<br>Lots of questions there bud. First off, in case you haven't heard it from other guys online, the FPS is not nearly as important as the accuracy and range, which the condor provides all three. I seldom shoot on high power unless launching a 28gr Eun Jin pellet. I actually have recently (in the last week), bought a .177 barrel 24 inches, mainly because I'm ordering a Talon next week and would like the option of changing to a higher caliber. The barrels, unlike the air tanks, are interchangeable, but it would not be wise. The Condor will hit harder, with more energy and shoot flatter etc with a heavier .22 pellet. The solid rounds from pyramid air which I think you're referring too do not shoot well from my condor, the absolute best all around pellet for accuracy, power and velocity/range is the Kodiak. My condor manual says that it will shoot 1450fps with .177 pellet, opposed to 1300fps for a .22 caliber pellet. Both are shattering the sound barrier, but heavier pellets will stabilize better. Of course it likes some pellets better than others, solid pellets, and most pointed, it doesn't like. It loves domes and hollow point Crow Magnums. I don’t have pictures posted anywhere, but email me if you want some pics of its accuracy. Believe me when I say that after you shoot it for a bit, you forget about FPS and you just know what it can do on different power levels, and that's what you stick too. I've had mine shoot Kodiaks in the 1120-1150 range consistently, in all weather conditions, inside and out. It is definitely a powerful gun, it will shoot through two 1" pine boards propped up against each other on high power, but it's also as loud as a .22 LR at that power.

Written on: 14/10/2004

Hello! I want to buy condor 177. and buy 22. barrel, how easily I can change it .Is the rifle the same 177. and 22. or rifle different or only barrel different? When so how many feet per second makes 177. condor? Its logical 177. smaller then 22. Must more fps! Can but to condor talon ss barrel to? When can how fps makes? How accurate is condor 177 using Equalizer. Hollow Point 18gr. pellets? And how many fps? Can somebody make photos to test shootings, shootings different things.

Written on: 08/10/2004

Great information on this gun! I was wondering if you have ever tried solid pellets in it like those offered on pyramidair (sp?). I tried the lighter of the two solids offered in my RWS48.22 and found they curved for me. I will be getting the condor soon and was just curious if these are a waste of money or is the ein jun (spelling?)the best bet for long range.
<br>Thanks, Rick

Written on: 06/10/2004

peter1505........Many thanks for your kind and fruitive reply which I'm a little late acknowledging and we've had no hurricanes in Wales to excuse me.
<br>Aristotle did say that the whole is more than the sum of its parts so I hope that applies to me!
<br>
<br>No, no Peter, I won't have you going to any trouble reviewing guns for me as sooner or later I'm going to come across the majority of PCP models which have become of interest to me on my acquisition of the Air Arms S200 which I found affordable. I'll just wait for another flawless review like the one on the Air Force Condor.
<br>
<br>I too have a stirrup pump - the RWS model - and I pump my 'buddy bottle' up to around 165 bar and find I get 25 shots at virtually the UK's non-FAC 12 ft.lb. limit which is enough for hunting and target work and needs only 28 pumps to restore pressure to 165 bar. And that's enough pumping for this Septuagenarian!
<br>
<br>Poe? I wonder if he DID do it and I must say it's really refreshing to meet someone who knows that the word 'prose' can be singular or plural.
<br>
<br>Have a nice day, Peter - EVERY day. And my grateful thanks again.

Written on: 01/10/2004

Bertie...if you care too, write to me for more information about different air guns that I own, or have owned, or even ones that my fellow local enthusiasts own that I can get my hands on for you. If you give me a specific model, I'd be more than happy to grade the weapon in a professional manner. I openly communicate via review centre and via email about all sorts of airgun topics and reviews.
<br>Most people will have to forgive my boldness here, but I will not come out and say anything that sounds slightly ridiculous, like shooting a One hole group at 100 yards, or taking a rabbit at 150 yards in high winds with open sights through a squall. I give what I believe are thorough and precise reviews, and if someone disagrees, feel free to leave me constructive criticism.
<br>Bertie, The main reason I'm not reviewing another air rifle in this response (which I'd be happy to do for you via email) is owing to the fact that this is under the "Condor" Link, and it would be inappropriate to write it here. Perhaps I'll write another review on here soon, until then I stick to email.
<br>oh, and Bertie, I was brought up on Poe, Dante and Aristotle. Not to impune the work of Mark Twain, who is another favourite of mine, or Shakespeare, who's prose were flawless :-)

Written on: 30/09/2004

peter1505......I am new to the PCP world with an Air Ams S200 and I enjoyed reading EVERY word in your most professional and informative review along with all the other postings.
<br>
<br>65 foot pounds indeed! I don't know what I'd do with that sort of power but I am getting my fair share of rabbits at 30 yards or so with my Nancy (loved that) just under the UK non-FAC 12 foot pound limit. At least I hope it's under - I'm beginning to have my doubts at around 140 odd bar.
<br>
<br>Do buy another up-market gun then you can write another up-market piece of prose.
<br>BTW, were you brought up on Charles Dickens, Nathaniel Hawthorne or Mark Twain??!! Many thanks to you and the posters and I sincerely hope you've fully recovered from the hurricanes......Bertie.

Written on: 25/09/2004

Hi , I own Diana 350 ( 1250 ftp ) 177.( I live in Estonia and in Estonia I can own only 177. airgun its a law ) ,can you write how much stronger is a condor , I want a hunting rifle, best hunting rifle pcp ( I think so ). When my airgun was new, it was shooting very strongly, but now it’s one year old, and shoots much lower. How strong is the condor , when Diana 350 was new it was shooting 3,5 cm dried batten cut through , and by 50 m 1 cm dried batten cut through ( I was shooting which crosman premium pellets ) Sorry my English isn't good , but I think you understand me . I wait your comments .Thanks.

Written on: 31/08/2004

Well sorry I've been away for awhile, and hurricane charley knocked out my net for a bit, so now I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability. Ok, good questions about velocity and pellet drop first of all. I have found it to work like this. After sighting in a 20 yards with a 14.3gr pellet on power level 6, the pellet will shoot about an inch low or so at 32 yards, however, this very small decline could even be user error, I mean, the average marksman might screw up by an inch when shooting without a bipod. However, this drop continues to drop at about the rate of an inch every ten yards on power level 6 with a 14.3 gr pellet. Now, if you're hunting, I always recommend sighting in at power level 8 for Kodiak pellets (21.1 gr), or even up to power level 10 if you have a longer shot to make (50+ yards) or a harder target to kill (large raccoon or rabbit.) When shooting on power level 8, the pellets will hit the target at 20 yards almost two full inches higher than when on power level 6, and therefore at 45 yards would be your rough zero point. Remember that heavier pellets drop faster than lighter ones, but carry a punch a lot better. Rather than using a chrony (which I also have) to measure velocity, go by the power level/pellet combination on this rifle. The super ten is an excellent rifle, but much more expensive last time I checked, or at least when I bought mine it was. The condor has overall punching power that the super ten could never achieve, but that power is only harnessed with one pellet, the 28.8 gr Eun Jin, or RWS Super Mag (same pellet). On high power, level 13, I have a really accurate zero point of 60 yards with this pellet. At 60 yards, this 28 gr monster still shoots through both sides of a 3lb coffee can. When I backed up to 80 yards, it required a good deal of adjustments, but it still had the power to blow clean through the same can.
<br>You will learn about the drop by experimenting. One thing to remember, is not to charge the rifle's tank all the way up, stop at 185 bar to 195 bar max, instead of 200. Often, at 200, there is too much pressure in the tank to get maximum airflow until the pressure drops, so trust me; you will get MORE POWER at 185 bar, than at the 200 bar. Typically, at a closer range of 20 yards, anywhere from power 3-6 there won’t be a huge difference in shot placement, maybe a half an inch. It isn't until you reach higher powers (and believe me, you can see a huge difference between levels 6 and 8) there isn’t a large difference in how high or low the gun shoots at close range.
<br>At longer ranges, lets say you want to do pest control and you don’t want to spook your prey, so out to 45 yards or so, you want to use powers 7-8 to get a good zero point without readjusting your scope from being sighted in on power level 6 at 20 yards, make sense? On level 8, I can put crow magnums where I want them out to 54 yards, with very light wind, with a bipod, much more is capable.
<br>I often discard my bipod because I'm shooting for sport, not for a hunt, but if you hunt, you should get the bipod, and then, when a skilled marksman and a sharp eye, I promise you can accurate hurl pellets out to 80+yards with enough power to kill small game. Now, keep in mind of course that that range requires heavy pellets and a higher power level, like 12 or even 13 if you have the 28gr pellets. Did I miss something? if so, please write me back. My overall recommendation is actually for the condor, even though the superten is an awesome weapon, most amateur shooters like to know that if they need that extra punch for a larger animal (coyote per say) that they can bounce a pellet clear through it's skull. Thanks guys, feel free to ask me more questions, or write too petedogg_34741@yahoo.com.

Microtubule0's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 27/08/2004

Another question-- If I vary power settings back and forth with the condor will I need to resight? do I get repeatability after returning to an original setting? thanks

Microtubule0's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 27/08/2004

Hello I'm new at airguns and about to make a purchase. It sounds like you know the ropes. it's going to be a Condor or Superten MK II according to what I've read. What is the relationship between change in velocity and change of impact point? how many fps does the velocity have to drop before accuracy is affected? Thanks

Spikes2020's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 12/08/2004

I always wanted a long range rifle, and I was wondering if an air gun would fit me... I like to target shoot but I don’t like the noise and large kick of the heavy guns. Any way I was looking at these and what’s the big difference between air guns and normal ones, other than the size of the projectile and use of gunpowder. Also do you know a web site that sells air pumps so I can look at different prices and what would you recommend.

Written on: 25/07/2004

I would recommend going with the 22 calibre rifle for power and accuracy as peter1505 said. You can not find 177 calibre pellets heavy enough to get the velocities down to a good range. (as I’ve heard, I don’t own this gun but I’ve done a lot of research) you can order some pellets off the internet and they quite often have good deals especially in bulk, if there is limited selection in your area (ex. buy 4 tins get one tin free). and if you decide you want the 177 calibre anyway, you can always buy the extra barrel(s). (the gun is very versatile in that sense)

Written on: 22/07/2004

Sure thing. In my case, I didn’t' buy a scuba refill clamp with the gun, so I use a High pressure pump with a 1/8" BSPP Refill adapter from airgunexpress to attach to the tank and fill it. The steps are roughly as follows.
<br>1. Make sure rubber O rings are in place on all adapters, and connect the high pressure hose (or other adapters) to the 1/8" BSPP adapter.
<br>2. Do not over tighten, but at the same time make sure it's on there tightly.
<br>3. Screw the Tank into the 1/8" BSPP refill adapter.
<br>4. make sure the bleed screw on the hand pump is tightened (see instruction manual if you buy one) which is usually located near where the adapters or high pressure air hose attaches to the pump.
<br>5. Pump until pressure reaches the 200 bar MAX...the gun will actually perform better at the 195 bar, as too high of pressure can cause the gun to not fire at normal power, especially on low and medium powers. This works because the spring with hits and opens the valve does not hit it hard enough to compensate for the extreme pressure on the other side of the valve, thus it doesn't open far enough and doesn’t' let enough air through. And you don’t really see a huge lack in gun performance until the 140 bar (except when measuring top velocities, but they'll still be around 1000fps depending on pellet.)
<br>6. Do not fill past the 200 bar/3000psi, or the emergency valve on the tank will rupture as designed.
<br>7. Next, bleed the air pressure from the hose/adapters via the bleed screw, and then remove the air tank.
<br>8. Re-attach to the gun, and it's done.
<br>If you own your own Large scuba tank (for refilling the smaller one), then you can fill it that way at home, otherwise, bring the refill clamp and the tank to the shop and ask them to refill it. They might not need the refill clamp, as they might already have one, but better safe than sorry. I bought a hand pump because I live 20 miles from the nearest place to refill, I don’t' want to buy a scuba tank, and a $1000 compressor didn't sound like a bargain. Even considering the cost of gas, and of having it refilled, the Scuba Tank or Compressor would take a very long time to pay for themselves, plus, who wants to take a 30 minute drive through traffic and such because they aren't done plinking in their backyard?

Andrew0505's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 21/07/2004

Hi I am thinking about buying this Air rifle and I don’t understand how the filling of the tank works. could you please explain? Do you have to fill the big scuba tank and then fill the smaller tanks attached to the gun or do you fill the small tanks at the shop. If you have time please explain what filling the tank involves. Thanks

Written on: 21/07/2004

lillboy, not a burden at all, I thoroughly test and record all my air rifles, I'm kind of a fanatic in that sense, I like to know what each gun can do. Anyways, do your questions. I have it in .22 calibre, Airforce originally said they weren’t' going to release it in .177 because it would peak at like 1450fps, which would be worthless as far as accuracy goes. C-t-c is really a tough way to gauge things, because so often the gun can outshoot the shooter, and the c-t-c is a product of the marksman, and not the gun, but allow me to say that in open field with 4mph crosswind at 100% humidity, 94 degrees outside (it was a hot one!!) I put five shots inside a size 7 ring with Kodiaks, this was done from a seated, steadied position (no bi-pod). I rested the rifle on my hand that was rested on a sandbag and used a bushnell 3-12x50 scope. I own a slew of high quality airguns, and with the exception of a "Match" grade rifle, this one takes the cake in every way. I don’t know what rifles you own, but if you have any of the following I'd be happy to compare the accuracy for you at 40 yards. (BTW, this gun, unlike others, is still VERY accurate at 80-90 yards with kodiaks On Power level 10/11). RWS 48, Gamo Hunter 220/440, TF 99 Magnum, Beeman R-9, BSA SuperTen, Webley Patriot/(Kodiak) Air Arms Pro Sport.

Lillboy's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 20/07/2004

In which calibre did you get the condor in? I'm planning to get it in .177 cause down here I don't have a wide choice .22 pellets. At 40yst ds what was the c-t-c of the shots, sorry if it's going to be a burden to you, just want to know how accurate. What is you favourite pellet to use on the Condor?

Written on: 20/07/2004

Thank you guy's peter1505, username89, will try and buy one of these if I can? our government Nancy’s only allow 12flb.s. Then it’s f.a.c for us! keep your powder dry, mark.

Written on: 19/07/2004

Thank you for the questions, I'm happy to answer them. For the easiest first, you can buy the gun at pyramidair.com or airgunexpress.com, (I'm sorry about UK, I don’t know if you can buy it over there, but a suitable substitute is the BSA Super 10, which I also own). I recommend either site. Secondly, the gun will vary on low power depending on pellet weight of course. Low power is really just a plinking power as with a 14.3gr crosman premier I get about 560-582fps (low and high of 10 shot string). The higher the power level, the more consistent the velocities until you start shooting on highest power (stays at consistent velocities for 20 shots), which is only really useful for VERY heavy pellets, I use 28gr RWS Mags (same as Eun Jin 28gr pellets) and it shoots through two 1" boards of pine at 10 yards. Low power with a wadcutter pellet is great for backyard plinking; you can easily get 150+ shots without losing any real velocity because of the small amount of air it releases at these low levels. Just for a reference level, for plinking, use power levels 2-3 (20 yards and under.) For sitting in at up to 40 yards, use power level 6 (unless you hunt with Crow Magnums or Kodiaks, then use level 7) and if you use the 28gr selections site in at power level 9 for up to 40 yards. (please note that I use 40 yards as a reference point, I have mine sited in at 40, 60 and even 80 yards accurately)
<br>Hunting for most pellets, all except the 28 gr actually, should be done on levels 8 (14.3gr) thru 10 (kodiaks), which produces about 35ft/lb of energy with kodiaks. With 28 gr, hunt on 10 to 13 (max) for double that energy (61ft/lb). I know I got carried away going beyond your questions, but this rifle is so awesome it's just a pleasure to write about it and all it can do. One more thing I'd like to add, when shooting on high power, the gun peaks at about 1290fps with 14.3gr CP pellets, and at shot 20 it's still shooting those same pellets at about 1180fps, and at shot 30 it's still edging around 1000fps, so it's not like at high power you only get a couple good shots in.

Written on: 19/07/2004

Two great sites to but this rifle from are www.compasseco.com and www.pyramydair.com for around $550 for the gun alone.

Written on: 18/07/2004

Hi,I live in the UK. Where do I buy one of these guns from. thanx, mark.

Written on: 18/07/2004

Hi, where do you buy one of these from ?

Lillboy's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 16/07/2004

on low power, how many fps have you gotten? I'm really leaning to this PCP, cause of is low cost and high expectations. I probably won’t get one until another year, so it would be nice to scope out the best one.

161075_Usernamexxx's Response to peter1505's Review

Written on: 04/07/2004

I have a couple questions. I am pretty new to the world of air gunning and don’t know too much about them. it is not clear in all the pictures where the pellet is put into the gun. my second question is how far away could a skilled shooter take down a rabbit from? last question is would you recommend the condor over the talon or the talon ss? thanks

Written on: 23/06/2004

Very good question actually. I own an FX Handpump from Airgunexpress for $199, and it comes with a high pressure hose and adapters to hook directly into the 1/8" (or 1/4") BSPP Refill adapter that screws onto the tank. Now, the first time you fill up the tank, it's a LOT of work, cuz you're starting from zero pressure, and this might take a couple hundred pumps, that's the bad news. The good news is this, after the gun is charged (to the 200 bar/3000psi) it takes about two pumps for every shot (that is rough since the power is adjustable) that you shoot. However, for sighting in and plinking, I shoot on power level 3 (accurate to 30 yards), and I can shoot a good hundred shots, and only be down to the 170 bar, which means it'll be in the neighborhood of 30 pumps to refill it (never fill past 200 bar). Also, the 170 bar still has enough pressure in it to shoot 16gr pellets at about 1000fps (I own an Alpha Chrony) for ten shots or so. It's about 10-15 pumps per 10 bars, and the first 15 pumps are easy, because you're just pressurizing the area between the pump and the tank. One down side to the pump is that after you fill to about 185 bar, it takes a lot of weight to push down the pump. Now, to be completely honest, this gun at 185 bar will shoot just as effectively as if it were at the 200 bar for a good 45 shots on a medium power (30ft/lbs). As far as how many shots a user can get before the tank is useless...well I've never shot that much, and I've shot 200 low power shots, and 50 shots on it's highest power settings before refilling. It is best to keep the tank pressurized (1500psi) if not full at all times for storage. The pumping is good excersize, and much more convenient than running out to the store to have the tank refilled after every shooting. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I'll answer them promptly.