Navman iCN 630 Reviews

Features:
  • 12-channel GPS receiver for car navigation
  • Precise, vocal turn-by-turn instructions
  • Two-inch advanced TFT color display with a 320 x 240 pixel resolution
  • Map storage: 64 MB of internal memory, compatible with SD and MMC memory cards
  • Includes a windshield/dashboard mounting bracket and vehicle power adapter
  • Refine your search

Navman iCN 630

“Having bought the Navman iCN630 30 days ago I have...”

Written on: 28/12/2005 by interlock51 (1 review written)

Having bought the Navman iCN630 30 days ago I have struggled to give it the benefit of the doubt.
    On the motorway took me into a a Welcome Break, nice if you want one.
    Another time at Toddington services it could not find its way off.
    In London it tried to take me through a brick wall.
    In Rugby it took me to a farm, wanting me to cross a deep Ford, ok if I were in a 4*4.
    On my way back from Brighton I know the road well, but it wanted me to turn off, so! Ok she knows a short cut? 3 Hundred… Read Full Review

Cmy5Chi's Response to interlock51's Review

Written on: 02/04/2007

What happens if one were taken for a ride in the dark-lit country lanes / roads where room on a lane is barely enough for just one tractor alone? Not too sure I'd give the Navman iCN630 a near 35%, since the first and last compliment should focus efficient guiding for a GPS, made solely for this purpose!

Navman iCN 630

“I have used a Navman iCN630 Satellite Navigation...”

Written on: 28/10/2005 by gbparkinson (2 reviews written)

I have used a Navman iCN630 Satellite Navigation system for 2 years in the UK mainly, but also in the US. It always gets me where I need to go. Perfect!!

Support is really good. After 20 months the unit became damaged and Navman kindly replaced it FOC, and after some on phone diagnostics - all great. No having to hold on for ages, and a human took the call, and they knew what they were talking about… Read Full Review

Navman iCN 630

“I have owned a Navman icn 630 for about 2 years now, I...”

Written on: 19/09/2005 by seanhaywood (6 reviews written)

I have owned a Navman icn 630 for about 2 years now, I bought one when they first came out. I use it every day for at least 9 hours and it has been absolutely reliable in every way. The only fault I have had is the charging jack pin bent but they replaced it at the store. I have had to use an external aerial simply because of my cars windscreen (heat protective shield) I would recommend any of the Navman products especially the newer versions (icn 520) etc, as they have the smart st v3 software… Read Full Review

Navman iCN 630

“With a 1 gig memory chip, I have loaded all US states...”

Written on: 20/05/2005 by Midwest Travel (3 reviews written)

With a 1 gig memory chip, I have loaded all US states except CA, NM, NV, UT, ID, and WY onto my Navman iCN630 Satellite Navigation System. The system takes about 40 seconds to load all the maps, the directions so far have been flawless (other than attempting to route me the wrong way up a few one way roads) but if I pass the one way turn up it will re-route me around that road. Also has been useful when I have had to turn around due to an automobile accident blocking the entire roadway… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Navman iCN 630

“The Navman iCN 630 vII Satellite Navigation System was...”

Written on: 08/11/2004 by suzanb (1 review written)

The Navman iCN 630 vII Satellite Navigation System was a complete disaster from the moment of purchase. I had terrible trouble trying to load the maps. The 'Help' centre suggested it may be because I have AOL on my computer. The store could not load the maps and I had to send the whole unit back for them to load the maps for me (Great Britain only).

The unit boasts that it recognises up to 5 digit postcodes and 'door-to-door navigation.' This is a complete falsehood. The first postcode I… Read Full Review

Seanhaywood's Response to suzanb's Review

Written on: 23/09/2005

I have had the Navman icn 630 for 2 years, (read the review Sean Haywood) I travel the length and bredth of the country and can only count on one hand the postcodes that it has failed to recognise and only then because they were new estates and the maps didnt recognise them. The problems that you are having only happen when you have a heat reflective windscreen, the gps reciever can not log an accurate co-ordinate position and will think you are elsewhere. The simple remedy is to install an external aerial (I had to do this also) this corrects the not recognising postcodes and off track problems.A good read of the instructions and a little bit of patience is all that's needed.