Garmin StreetPilot 2620 Reviews

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Summary

Features:
  • Indefinite Data Storage
  • Trip Computer
  • Operates on 12 V Adapter Cable
  • 2000 Point Track Log
  • 500 Waypoints
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Garmin StreetPilot 2620 - Ask a question now

Garmin StreetPilot 2620

“Purchased new in 2004 for over £1,000 this unit is now...”

Written on: 21/10/2010

Purchased new in 2004 for over £1,000 this unit is now obsolete and cannot be uploaded with the latest mapping as the memory is too small. Having recently travelled extensively in Europe I found that there were many roads which were not shown on the sat nav. One being the Millau Viaduct in France which has been open for several years. If that is the best Garmin can do for longevity of product life I would not recommend purchase of any Garmin product… Read Full Review

Garmin StreetPilot 2620

“What a great piece of navigation equipment the Garmin...”

Written on: 31/08/2007 by BikeGuy01 (8 reviews written)

What a great piece of navigation equipment the Garmin StreetPilot 2620 is. I have used the device now for about two months and it continues to amaze me, I just trimmed 40 miles off a regular journey I make to the west of England. This single piece of kit is destined to pay for itself over time in fuel savings alone. It does not have gimmicks such as 3D view or real road view (where actual road lanes can be seen in 3-D) but it is waterproof and is also therefore suitable for motorcycle use. I… Read Full Review

Garmin StreetPilot 2620

“After trying unsuccessfully to route an accurate trip...”

Written on: 29/07/2004 by deesy58 (1 review written)

After trying unsuccessfully to route an accurate trip from Las Vegas to Wisconsin via Denver and Rapid City, SD over a dozen times with the Garmin Streetpilot 2620 Satellite navigation system, I installed the latest software and called Garmin Technical Support. I spent about four hours on the telephone with them, and they insisted that they could not reproduce the problem (haven't we all heard that before!). I finally took the relatively expensive unit back to the store where I had purchased… Read Full Review

228638_Rpbphoenix's Response to deesy58's Review

Written on: 05/02/2006

Just out of the box, my Garmin 2620 is telling me it cannot find satellites in the USA. It is trying to program from a "home" in Singapore, more than 7000 miles from my home just outside of NYC and then telling me there are no streets (of course not, it's ocean!) to chart that course. Although this model was recently praised as one of the best in Business Week and has many devotees on Amazon, one previous Amazon buyer also noted the unit's inability to reprogram to a US satellite system. Obviously, this is a glitch which hasn't been recitifed. In the program setup guide, no mention is made of possible satellite complications. I guess I will be returning the item and hoping for a better outcome.

Deesy58's Response to deesy58's Review

Written on: 11/04/2006

Your experience with a BusinessWeek review just shows, again, why people should never rely on product reviews from publications in which the supplier of the product places advertising in the magazine. It is only at Web sites like this one that you can expect to learn the truth about any product. Garmin Technial Support was eventually able to reproduce my problem (when they stopped using their desktop computer simulators and began using a real product), but they had no solution for this really blatant and serious software error. They told me to wait for an update release to the software. Well, they've had a couple of software update releases for this model, and they have added some really "useful" features, like navigating the streets of London, England, but their release notes have not indicated that the software problems that prevented me from using my Garmin 2620 had ever even been addressed -- much less solved. I think that Garmin is trading on its name, and I think that BusinessWeek did its readers a disservice.