Michelin Pilot Primacy Reviews

• How do you rate the road handling?

Michelin Pilot Primacy - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Michelin Pilot Primacy

Michelin Pilot Primacy
Michelin Pilot Primacy

“Dangerous in winter! Primacy HP = avoid.”

Written on: 28/08/2013

I'm a firm believer in having a matching set of good tyres. Costco did us a seemingly great deal on a set of 4 x 205 55 16 Michelin Primacy HP at just over £250 all in. Grip in summer is fine, and wear is as low as expected from Michelins but that's traditionally seen as a trade off with all round grip. Ride and handling were not that different from the previous Dunlops on dry roads. However when the snow and sub zero temperatures came in 2013/14 winter, seeing was believing. My wife said… Read Full Review

“I have fitted Michelin tyres to almost every vehicle...”

Written on: 12/08/2010

I have fitted Michelin tyres to almost every vehicle I've owned and have always been impressed. The latest Primacy HP's are excellent. The original tyres were Pirelli P6000 which gave great performance wet or dry but only lasted 12,000 miles. The second set were Primacy HP and lasted 27,000 miles with no perceptible difference in the driving. I am currently on my 2nd set of Michelins (3rd set overall) and these are wearing just as well as before. Michelin tyres are not cheap, roughly 50%… Read Full Review

“By far the worst tires I have ever had. Dragging and...”

Written on: 11/08/2009

By far the worst tires I have ever had. Dragging and vibration, weak sidewall (will deform at the first pothole). First Michelins in my black list… Read Full Review

Tigersimon's Comment

Written on: 02/12/2009

I found this review not helpful because...I found a counter situation on a BMW. Good ride, grip (in dry) and great wear.

“Fitted as replacements for Bridgestone Turanza...”

Written on: 19/05/2009 by Griller (1 review written)

Fitted as replacements for Bridgestone Turanza ER30,ER30s were original tyres and had been replaced at the front once but were out of stock so lease company fitted 3 Michelin Pilot Primacy HPs,2 front and 1 rear,leaving one ER30 with just over 2mm left.

In comparison to the ER30s i find them a poor tyre. They are quite vague in a straight line,they lack grip in general and spin very easily when accelerating. They don't seem to clear as much water and were far worse than the worn ER30s in the… Read Full Review

Griller's Response to Griller's Review

Written on: 24/05/2009

Above review is for the Michelin Primacy HP and not the Pilot Primacy,a slight error on my behalf.<br/><br/>Griller

“Michelin Pilot Primacy tyres have good road grip in...”

Written on: 24/03/2009

Michelin Pilot Primacy tyres have good road grip in dry and wet conditions. easily lasts for more than 25,000 miles in country roads. Reliable brand name. I am very satisfied with michelin and would not change to another brand. Only bad point is not cheap… Read Full Review

“I bought my BMW 530i with dunlop sport tyres (yep, BMW...”

Written on: 09/03/2009 by pedrilla (2 reviews written)

I bought my BMW 530i with dunlop sport tyres (yep, BMW fitted dunlop budget tyres on my luxury sedan). So I bargained a purchase condition that BMW fit Michelin Pilot Primacy 225/55 on 16inch rims (95W rated) on all 4 rims plus the spare. I did my homework and asked around before I stipulated the Michelins for my car and the experience of riding on the Michelins over the last 55,000klms confirmed my research results. I'm a trained high speed driver and use my car in a spirited fashion on… Read Full Review

Tigersimon's Response to pedrilla's Review

Written on: 02/12/2009

I found this review very helpful because...I confirm the same on my E36 BMW 323i Sedan.

“Michelin Pilot Primacy have very good wear rate....”

Written on: 24/01/2009

Michelin Pilot Primacy have very good wear rate. Reasonably comfortable, steering and handling is good on my car although I would not push too hard in the wet.(BMW E36 323i 4 door) Generally OK for comfort and especially wear, OK for performance in dry… Read Full Review

“In the past lucky if I got 15,000 miles out of the...”

Written on: 12/09/2008

In the past lucky if I got 15,000 miles out of the Michelin Pilot Primacy tyres. So 5 years ago (YES FIVE) fitted 4 Michelins and after 5 years and 57,000 miles there is still 3mm tread left on them, reckon I'll get 65 out of these. So 65,000 miles = 4 sets of cheapies at 15,000 miles a throw. Thats a total tire cost for cheapies of £240 a wheel. Okay so the Michelins are pricey at £140 a tyre but do the maths as in the long run they are a better bet… Read Full Review

“I find these tyres all in great ..... Ok a bit pricey,...”

Written on: 10/08/2008

I find these tyres all in great ..... Ok a bit pricey, however they do seem to of worn down pretty quickly. you get 7.9mm of tread new & I'm down to about 4 in 2 yrs 15,000 & they really don't perform now ...... Theys like me I suppose ..... GEtting old… Read Full Review

“I have a IV Golf GTI and have had 3 lots of new tyres,...”

Written on: 06/06/2008

I have a IV Golf GTI and have had 3 lots of new tyres, each time Michelin Pilot Primacy's. Cannot recommend them enough. The wear on them is great, especially compared to other people I know who have the same model car, same kind of mileage but other branded tyres… Read Full Review

“I have always used Michelins but this run has been a...”

Written on: 08/01/2006 by Perry Hill (1 review written)

I have always used Michelins but this run has been a grave disappointment. All is fine including tread wear with the exception of the road noise. I know I'm driving my BMW but It sounds like I'm driving my truck. Very significant harmonic vibration. I have had the tires aligned but I really don't think this was actually ever the problem. The volume level is really disturbing especially on flat crisp pavement when the sound comes forth. This is a real bummer when laying in for a nice ride. I… Read Full Review

Tigersimon's Response to 224213_Perry Hill's Review

Written on: 02/12/2009

I found this review not helpful because...it contradicts my experience on a BMW E36. In my experience they are quiet and give a good ride.

“I am a driving Instructor using a Mini Cooper,I had...”

Written on: 02/10/2005 by iluvminis (1 review written)

I am a driving Instructor using a Mini Cooper,I had two sets of Pirelli tyres on,both doing about 30000 miles each,I aquired a new set of wheels and was recommended Michelin Pilot Premacy 225/45/17 tyres for hard wearing and rim protection, so far they have done 51,000 and have worn evenly across the whole width of the tyre. Even tyre fitters are amazed when I tell them how many miles these tyres have done with most stating they look like they have done 20000 miles. There is still about 5mm of… Read Full Review

Mayer's Response to iluvminis's Review

Written on: 23/02/2006

As a driving instructor, I presume all your pupils drive below 30mph. Maybe this is why you get such fantastic mileage.!!

336160_Garrick's Response to iluvminis's Review

Written on: 07/01/2008

I have Piolet primacy tyres on a second hand Vauxhall vectra which the previous owner (old boy like me) had fitted with mag wheels and I have been very impressed with them. From what I can deduce from the service log book and dates on tyre walls I am getting a good mileage and quiet ride, ( dont drive like a kid anymore so the roadholding has yet to become an issue).
<br/>The reason I looked at reviews for the Energy was that I could save 15euros a tyre but I think I will be staying with the Piolet