Tesco Home Insurance Reviews

137

Tesco Home Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tesco Home Insurance

Tesco Home Insurance

“7 ye3ars no claims and still no cover for my flooded...”

Written on: 25/11/2016

Please look into their cover carefully - I pay over 400 a year to cover buildings and contents. Just had a flood and they are only prepared to fix the bit of laminate which is effected ! Even though I cannot match this anywhere as the company don't do this type of floor any more. I now have a 600 excess - with a promise of a half a floor ! I am disgusted. They haven't got back to me yet either - three weeks after the initial claim.. PLEASE DONT use this company !!!!… Read Full Review

“Very disappointing!”

Written on: 23/08/2016 by GMS1947 (1 review written)

After nearly 50 years of purchasing home insurance with various providers and with only one claim in all that time, I recently tried to make a claim for a broken window under my policy with Tesco Home Contents Insurance, Tenant's Liability clause (no excess), but was fobbed off by the customer advisor who said I need to check with my landlord's insurance first. My landlord happens to be a small charity with limited resources providing housing for retired ministers but has agreed to pay for the… Read Full Review

“Tesco. Very little help!”

Written on: 14/07/2016

Thanks to Tesco home insurance telling me on 10th May I was covered for a replacement stair carpet after burning mine with a heat gun, I didn't take the usual care of the said carpet when completing a subsequent bannister refurbishment and gloss painting. I'm now informed today that I'm not covered after all... They made a mistake! ! Absolute disgrace… Read Full Review

“Don't waste your time with Tesco's Insurance”

Written on: 12/06/2016 by Castlecroft (3 reviews written)

Totally agree with all the comments on here about TESCO'S MISHANDLING insurance claims. They are happy to take money but are totally deaf when you try to make a claim... DON'T INSURE WITH THIS COMPANY… Read Full Review

“Don't waste your time with Tesco's Insurance”

Written on: 12/06/2016 by Castlecroft (3 reviews written)

“Going else where .”

Written on: 15/05/2016 by Owens261 (1 review written)

Been a customer house and car for years . Full no claims . Tried for 20 mins to renew 2 house insurance , one I live in and one my partner lives in ( we jointly own both properties ). No cant do that ,he has to insure one , and I the other . Same bank account , no change in circumstances from previous renewals . Was put on hold for ages , then told I could not renew . Fine , cancel both , and my car insurance . Loss to tesco insurance ...... 3 policies worth about £1,500 and my custom… Read Full Review

“Poor service AVOID at all costs”

Written on: 13/04/2016 by Ashlyk1989 (1 review written)

Renewed to Tesco shower leaked flooded shower room water behind tiles poring everywhere. Called Tesco told to get plumber stop leak/ get quote. Did so, not happy wanted surveyor out 10 days later out they came said it was old damage nothing to do with them all was dry ( told him heating was on / windows open to dry it out). Asked me to sign his clipboard, Tesco saying I now agree with his assessment! Sharp practice or what. My evidence ie photos not relevant or believed why would I wait 30… Read Full Review

Thelevelhead2's Comment

Hi User.

It seems a trend with Tesco on this site.

My only thought is that possibility the leak started before you took the policy out? If you've had the policy for more than a year I'm not sure they have an argument.

Regardless of how long the leak has been going on, if you've only just noticed it when they should honor that.

If however you reported the leak and got the pipe fixed 3 months later the insurance company won't cover the full costs. However I think they would still make a cash offer.

With regards to speaking to the same people. You have to pay a fortune for a company to have dedicated handlers. It's an inbound call centre so you're going to get someone different every time and there's nothing you can do about it.

I advise you renew through an insurance broker, then maybe next time you have a claim you'll have a professional to back you up.

Thanks - LevelHead2

“Dreadful Service”

Written on: 08/04/2016 by RoyR (2 reviews written)

I had been insured with Tesco Home Insurance for Buildings and Contents the past couple of years and this year they sent me a renewal quote that was a 50% increase in premium from last year. I was shocked that they would try to rip me off like that when in 20 years of having home insurance I've never made a single claim so there was no justification for them to increase my premium. Needless to say I was not going to renew with them and sought quotes from other insurers, and on finding… Read Full Review

Salsj's Response to RoyR's Review

Written on: 28/06/2016

The same thing has just happened to me. Landlord building insurance, £417 2015/16 ,£972 2016/17. I have been a customer for years and have never made a claim. I have automatically renewed for the last 2 years as I was out of the country and had no choice, they've certainly relied on this auto renewal history to try and rip me off. Sorry Tesco, our relationship is done. The rather surly young man I spoke to upon cancelling would win no prizes for customer service. Just to add, my new policy for more cover and access to legal services is £104 for the full year.

“Home Insurance”

Written on: 16/02/2016 by foxyjannette (1 review written)

After so many years with you and not claiming any insurance you have doubled my premium to £184.44 this year why is this?… Read Full Review

Thelevelhead2's Response to foxyjannette's Review

Hi User.

There is an increase in insurance related tax which will raise your premium.

£180 for any cover is reasonable in my experience. Insurance is based on risk so perhaps something may have changed in your area for them to act this way.

Thanks - LevelHead

“DREADFUL SERVICE & RIP OFF”

Written on: 11/02/2016 by Fatbloke11 (49 reviews written)

I have been with Tesco's Home and buildings insurance for years- until NOW. I had my shed broken into and a number of things stolen- I called TESCO and raised a claim- I had to send photo's and prove ownership etc by email I did this straight away. I called them the next day to ask what happens now.......this is where it all falls apart. I have spent over 4 hours on the telephone in the last 3 days. TESCO outsource the insurance through RSA. When I call RSA I am told I will get all back in an… Read Full Review

Carmen-Rsainsurance's Response to Fatbloke11's Review

Written on: 11/02/2016

I'm really sorry to hear you've had such poor experience - I'd like to help if I can.

RSA does have a complaints team and procedure and I'd be very happy to raise your case for immediate review - I'll just need a few more details to do that.

Please email us with your policy number, address and contact details and I'll get the complaints process rolling right away.

(Of course, it goes without saying that you shouldn't post your details here!)

I hope we hear from you so we can start to resolve things for you.

--------------------

Carmen

Corporate Communications

RSA Insurance Group plc

Fatbloke11's reply to Carmen-Rsainsurance's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2016

I have emailed and called several times- RSA still refuse to tell me what there complaints process is. Are you suggesting that I send more emails to be ignored or perhaps I could telephone again and have agreed actions ignored?

Your comment above is in no way helpful I have done all the above and had no response or calls back. Perhaps you should look up my name on your system and call me.

Fatbloke11's reply to Fatbloke11's Comment

Written on: 16/02/2016

Still no response either in writing or telephone- what a dreadful company. But RSA's subcontractor has managed to delay longer. No idea whats going on or when I can expect this to be sorted. Will make sure I stay away from Tescos and RSA for any future insurance.

Thelevelhead2's Response to Fatbloke11's Review

Hi User.

It seems a very confusing situation. You'll buy your insurance through Tesco but your actual policy is through RSA. It's kind of a broker who basically just sell insurance and you won't deal with them directly.

RSA are the people you need to speak to with regards to your email. It's a waste of your time ringing Tesco going forward.

Your claim itself seems straight forward and I'm not sure why a loss adjusters is involved. It should be a case of proving your loss by means of images. Giving them a list of items stolen and quotes for replacement.

You might be undone by a popular exclusion for theft from an outbuilding. It's a common thing on policies where the insurance company don't pay out on claims if the theft isn't to the main structure of the building. Is this why you've made a complaint?

Thanks

Foxyjannette's Response to Fatbloke11's Review

Written on: 16/02/2016

Thanks for informing us, I am with insurance too and they never do reply when ask about claims as long as you are paying them and this year it has doubled the amount they want of me in spite of me not claiming anything from them.

Fatbloke11's Response to Fatbloke11's Review

Written on: 16/02/2016

Adding to the rubbish service- Tesco outsource this to the RSA who then outsource to a company called Cunningham Lindsey. They asked for photo's as proof of ownership and these were sent and then rejected because I can't send in the format that they want- its joke. I send them to RSA again and ask them to sort it out for their sub-contractor, delay delay delay- A dreadful service getting worse.

“Emergancy Assist Insurance is flawed”

Written on: 18/12/2015

Left with no heating for 6 days, we had to keep calling, calls were not made/returned as stated. Waited in for an engineer who did not show. when the engineer came he diagnosed faulty time clock, I asked him to bypass it so that we may get heating. He said it cannot be done. Two days later discover that time clocks are not covered, I said I have no heating - that surely is an emergency. Told on the phone that the engineer would come back and bypass the clock or show me how to use the boiler… Read Full Review

“Shocking approach to ethics”

Written on: 30/11/2015 by Brendanutt (1 review written)

Make sure you record every phone calll or deal in writing if possible. Tesco will advise and reassure you on the phone then they will deny it. Their ethical approach is like something you'd expect to find in a corrupt developing nation not the uk. Shameful, find a decent honest organisation instead where the staff don't try to play mind games… Read Full Review

“Absolutely Shocking ”

Written on: 22/10/2015 by jburtonmanc (1 review written)

Over three weeks after I suffered a break-in I still have no answer about my claim. I've just been fobbed off more times than I can count. Have now taken up with the FOS as I am getting no answers out of them whatsoever… Read Full Review

“Tesco Insurance Home and Travell ”

Written on: 11/10/2015 by LeonidasPatterson (1 review written)

I had travel insurance with Tesco and we were involved in a train crash in Switzerland which put my wife in Hospital I and the 2 children had minor injures, I contacted Tesco to see where we stood and all they were interested in was making sure that they did not pay for anything no help, left us high and dry. I have home insurance with Tesco tried to make a claim for a damage sewer pipe and they are again trying not to pay now 2 months fighting with them I am going to pay and get it fixed… Read Full Review

“expected more”

Written on: 04/10/2015 by TalonHealy (1 review written)

I made one claim, damage due to leak in roof causing plaster to collapse in bedroom, tesco very slow, surveyor even said ceiling collapsed because the house was old ( so beware of ceilings if u live in a 1930s house) nothing to do with the fact it was soaking wet!! I have usually paid monthly by direct debit, but due to a problem with it missed a payment, tesco sent a letter, i was away so didnt open it straight away, when i did phoned to make a card payment and they had cancelled my insurance… Read Full Review

“Unscrupulous Company”

Written on: 04/09/2015

We took a policy with Tesco home insurance and unfortunately had to make a legitimate claim soon after starting the policy. They basically looked at our claim and thought how can we get out of paying this. While leaving us hanging for 16 Month's and threatening court action with a water damaged property they decided to cancel the claim and our policy leaving our home uninsured apparently they sent a letter which we did not receive, it was only after my own investigation I found this out 6… Read Full Review

“Don't use a Tesco insurance”

Written on: 10/04/2015 by Alexandra20 (1 review written)

We had a leak coming through our ceiling from the shower room . I opened up the ceiling myself and it looked a bit rotten , so I called Tesco insurance . They put me on to their subcontractor ( innovations ) , they passed me on to SDM building maintenance. They sent out their inspector , who had a good look over everything . He told me they would strip out the shower room . Remove the downstairs ceiling , treat all the wood for rot and fit new deafening between the floor and ceiling then… Read Full Review

“Caused a problem we didn't have ”

Written on: 10/03/2015 by Castroal218 (1 review written)

We were going to have laminated floor laid in the master bedroom but the fitter found what he thought was a leak, rang Tesco took them about a week to come and look and the bloke dug up quite a large hole in the concrete floor to expose the pipework he could not find a leak but in the process he burst a pipe ,he then proceeded to drain the system, he actually asked me if he could use my WIFI I said no but he could go on my PC he then went on youtube to watch videos on how to repair the fault he… Read Full Review

“Tesco Home Insurance - Sickening Service - "Life...”

Written on: 21/11/2014 by Macyc274 (1 review written)

Flooded in 2009 - Appointed a Loss Adjuster who was useless - An apparently "Approved" Contractor who had to do EVERY job two or three times. Tried to communicate our concerns with Tesco which fell on deaf ears. Given a timescale of approx. 12 weeks to complete and they were still on our property two years later when finally threw them off the job. Condemned walls, property never dried out, old water damaged skirting boards on top of new linings, electric shocks - these are but a few of the… Read Full Review

“Escape of water”

Written on: 06/11/2014

The initial (first few weeks) seemed positive with all the right words coming out. Dryers went in an these did thei work in 3 weeks it was ready for the next stage although I was concerned wet items that were clearly damaged were not removed (carpets) then the fun started. 4 months after this the house is still bare and un started. Various normal surveys. The contents list came through. This appeared to be written by a child. It was incomplete and abysmal. Various exchanges and a meeting where… Read Full Review