Streamline.Net www.Streamline.net Reviews

Streamline.Net www.Streamline.net
Streamline.Net www.Streamline.net

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Great hosting for a bargain price”

Written on: 21/01/2013 by Atlantis66 (1 review written)

I have used Streamline.net since January 2007, renewing every 2 years. I was considering moving away, as I was using their Linux server, and I wanted a Windows host with ASP.NET, but wasn't willing to pay the extra £199 per year for this service. I didn't realise that their PRO package, £138 for 2 years, includes not only MySQL databases, but MSSQL and ASP.NET. Needless to say, I have switched to the PRO package. I looked around for other hosts, but couldn't find this service for a better… Read Full Review

“Reading these reviews I and two others must be the...”

Written on: 29/03/2012

I've been with streamline since 2008 as a bulk user and quite honestly I've never a problem at all. I've never had our main website down, it loads quickly and never had any problems with .php or mysql - our website does over 50Gb of transfer a month. I don't use streamline's email, you wouldn't want to anyway. A third party solution like authsmtp is so much better. All of my technical questions have been answered well within 24hrs and to my satisfaction. The only thing I can't comment on the… Read Full Review

“No complaints...”

Written on: 26/03/2012 by TypeZXRs (1 review written)

I'm hoping I'm not a one off but I've never had any issues. Any problems have been resolved via their support ticket and although I didn't get money back I effectively paid in advance & received equivalent compensation. I have recommended streamline to a family member... who, hasn't had any issues yet. Always pay with a credit card to claw back funds if you feel you haven't received what you paid for… Read Full Review

“Great budget host”

Written on: 04/01/2012 by krone9 (1 review written)

I've used Streamline.net for years - about 6 years if I recall correctly Good points Price Response time to tickets Helpfulness of UK staff Bad points Philippine-based first line support aren't particularly helpful Occasional outages with no explanation Email is a bit rubbish - tiny mailboxes for example Generally everything runs very very smoothly. If a site goes down its generally back up again by the time I get to call them - so now I don't bother, I just wait 24 hours and… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to krone9's Review

Written on: 07/02/2012

I have used Streamlinenet for around 9 Years at first no problems but now complete rubbish help their selves to money with no warnings prices have gone up alarmingly I cannot understand with the comments you have put here that you give them 4 star ratings I have several sites that I am closing down with them.

Freeky's Response to krone9's Review

Written on: 11/06/2012

Thankyou krone9 for your response, though I take offense at some of your answers!

Re Sky High prices: This comment was added following your assertion of 'Great budget host' when comparing their price/package deals against better hosts they come out badly. I didn't buy from them, it was several of my clients, who asked me to rescue them after troubles and I then experienced the Streamline.net level of service during updates then extrication of sites. One of my clients comments on their new host 'Wow, so much cheaper and miles better'.

My experience is also that any time a host restricts sql databases that that is a big warning of limited ability in managing a server, and streamline greatly restricts databases.

The whole point of comments is reply to reviews to which you either agree or are contrary to your experience.

I disagree that most internet reviews will be negative as people with positive experiences won't bother, just take a look at other hosts reviewed here, some have very largely positive reviews

Krone9's Response to krone9's Review

Written on: 07/06/2012

Thanks for the comments on my review. If you disagree (which you clearly do) I suggest you post your own review. I posted here because, typically internet reviews focus on negative experiences because people with neutral or positive experiences can't be bothered to post. I had a few minutes so I chose to post my thoughts.

If their prices are "sky high" that presumes that you have paid for them knowing there are cheaper options. That makes you look pretty stupid. I also don't appreciate the comments that suggest I work for Streamline and am "blowing my own trumpet". I signed up for ReviewCentre to post this review, and give another side to things.

The whole point of a review site is to give lots of people's opinions so that prospective customers can weigh them up and make a more informed decision. You don't have to agree with them all, nor should you expect to. Arguing with them is just foolish. Please move along.

In my experience, Streamline hosting just sits there and works. I very very rarely have problems with it, and when I do, I tend to get them resolved pretty quickly with little effort. If I wanted better customer service I would expect to pay for it. I don't want to pay more, so I'm happy with what I get. They have also quickly downscaled and upscaled my package when I needed them to. They have never ever stolen money from me.

Freeky's Response to krone9's Review

Written on: 05/06/2012

I`ve had the misfortune to have to deal with Streamline.net and can confirm that their performance is appalling and their prices sky high.

However in response to Guest's comment, I have noted before how there are periodically batches of positive reviews here for Streamline.net, all from new reviewers who never submit any other reviews, I think the term is blowing your own trumpet ;)

“I have used this company for two years and now run two...”

Written on: 07/02/2011

I have used this company for two years and now run two sites. Yes there have been problems but they were sorted out very swiftly and with great courtesy. A downgrade was given with no quibble and a refund direct to my card.
I find that dealing with helplines is made easier if you are polite and pleasant when you first contact them… Read Full Review

Sjom's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2011

Was this written by someone who works for or is associated to Streamline??

“I disagree with all the negative comments on this...”

Written on: 24/08/2010

I disagree with all the negative comments on this site. I have been with streamline for over two years and have no negative comments. I have never had any issues with the service provided. The did increase my payment without warning but I simply sent a support ticket and the price was reduced to lower than before… Read Full Review

“Overall a reliable host for small to medium sized...”

Written on: 31/03/2010

Overall a reliable host for small to medium sized websites.
Large database driven websites eg:shops ive found struggle when hosted with them.
However if your looking for a busines, personal, portfolio style site then you will have no worries. The customer support is also pretty speedy and give you a straight answer which is very helpful. As of now i cant remember my site ever being down for any period of time, any current issues are displayed in the control panel so it keeps you updated.

“I have been with streamline for about 4 years and they...”

Written on: 02/11/2009

I have been with streamline for about 4 years and they have had there ups and downs, not too long I wasn't too happy with them and was going to change hosts (would have been lot's of hassle) But recently I think they have been making real efforts and the service seems to be better.

They have the latest software installed on their servers and the my sql databases are now actually quite fast.

So all in all they are a pretty good hosting company and offer very good value for money especially the… Read Full Review

Boardfermanagh's Comment

Written on: 15/12/2009

I found this review not helpful because it's simply not true!

“I have been with Streamline for 7 years where I have...”

Written on: 12/10/2009

I have been with Streamline for 7 years where I have several small websites. I have had some misunderstandings with billing in the past but this was resolved curteously and efficiently. They have improved their billing system a lot over the years. Also their support has improved a lot. They have 24/7 telephone support. I used it only once and it was very helpful and curteous. I have occasional problems with PHP, but they react to my support tickets very quickly - even over the weekend and solve… Read Full Review

“After the initial problem with Streamline.net of my...”

Written on: 16/06/2009 by geoffp13 (1 review written)

After the initial problem with Streamline.net of my domain coming up as a fraud application everything got sorted pretty quickly and my website is up and running.
My previous provider (UKFSN) has still not answered any emails or trouble tickets raised a month ago so I was very pleased that queries here were acknowledged and dealt with quickly. Sometimes its the acknowledgement that keeps you happy.

Well done guys and gals - I am a happy bunny. :~)

“Streamline have gone from strength to strength with an...”

Written on: 12/06/2009 by kudusolutions (1 review written)

Streamline have gone from strength to strength with an improved website that answers some of their earlier issues. Now you can conntact them via a support line and not just support tickets; it would be nice for this service to be free but hey ho! Options for hosting are good with all levels covered. Overall they offer a great service… Read Full Review

“Streamline.Net are very cheap and everything worked fine”

Written on: 01/06/2009

Streamline.Net are very cheap and everything worked fine… Read Full Review

“Streamline.Net is reliable, unobtrusive, competitively...”

Written on: 26/05/2009 by danburt (1 review written)

Streamline.Net is reliable, unobtrusive, competitively priced, and quick service. Recommended… Read Full Review

“ Streamline.Net are reliable flexable and good value...”

Written on: 21/05/2009

Streamline.Net are reliable flexable and good value for money with a great support team always to hand… Read Full Review

“I have six accounts with Streamline. I had an issue...”

Written on: 11/05/2009

I have six accounts with Streamline. I had an issue with a new addition and they have solved my problem immediately. Not only that but they suggested a different way of organising my account which has immediately saved me 65% of what I was paying and could save me up to around 75% if I add additional accounts to my "bulk user" account.

And they told me about this!… Read Full Review

“Streamline.Net has good overall service. PHP...”

Written on: 05/05/2009

Streamline.Net has good overall service. PHP supported with SQL DBs for next to no cost! always up but SQL queries can be a bit slow from time to time.
Not really happy with the control panel or editing software, but I code offline any way and use FTP software of my own. All round ok… Read Full Review

“Streamline.Net has a fairly simple interface. ”

Written on: 21/04/2009

Streamline.Net has a fairly simple interface.
99.9% uptime, no issues I can recall.
Speedy Support Ticket response.
I will renew with Streamline.net, no hesitation Recommended by an IT Manager friend of mine, as one of their relatives used Streamline.net

Good service… Read Full Review

“ive been with streamline since i started designing...”

Written on: 16/04/2009 by shadow425 (1 review written)

ive been with streamline since i started designing websites and i cant fault them support tickets are answerd in a language i can understand also no hanging on the phone waiting to talk to someone
ide recomend them to anyone… Read Full Review

“Super-quick to get on line - domain transferred and...”

Written on: 02/04/2009

Super-quick to get on line - domain transferred and running within 1 working day!
Very good support facility, helpful staff. Very quick response to queries. Professional approach, Streamline.Net tech support agent was quite happy to deal with a query not strictly within his remit and solved the problem whilst on the phone. 0844 Contact number not available from outside the UK - could be a problem for anyone with a connection problem, or without v.o.i.p… Read Full Review

“Easy setup of almost all my needs. Good web site and...”

Written on: 14/03/2009 by david beattie (1 review written)

Easy setup of almost all my needs. Good web site and control panels. Plenty of information available and easy online setup guides. Customer support through e-mail/support tickets has been very good and prompt. Streamline.Net is highly recommended, good and trustworthy, very supportive… Read Full Review