Triumph Herald 13/60 Reviews

Triumph Herald 13/60 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Triumph Herald 13/60

Triumph Herald 13/60
Triumph Herald 13/60

“I love my Herald,it,s noisy, slow,cramped,draughty,and...”

Written on: 05/11/2010

I love my Herald,it,s noisy, slow,cramped,draughty,and the whole world wants to overtake it,which suits me just fine.I,m sitting there with the hood down and smile on my face.The main thing is about these cars is the fact they are now well out on there own nowadays.People look twice at them and want to know about them which is no bad thing.My wife, myself and our bulldog on the back seat pull up in car park somewhere always get asked about it.If you enjoy driving but not going too fast then… Read Full Review

“My Triumph Herald has been in my family sinceit was...”

Written on: 11/07/2010 by crowntown100 (1 review written)

My Triumph Herald has been in my family sinceit was made. It was neglected but now we are bringing back to health. I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world. I think it is brilliant. It never goes wrong, it never breaks and it is cheap to maintain. It's cheap, economical and it is an ideal first car. Mechanics can't complain that they can't get to the engine because the whole front end can be pulled forward to give better access. The interior is roomy but the driving position is a… Read Full Review

“I love my Triumph Herald to bits and wouldn't swap her...”

Written on: 22/05/2007 by classic nut (1 review written)

I love my Triumph Herald to bits and wouldn't swap her for the world, as a first car she was a great tool for practicing my mechanical skills. Yes she has her quirks but thats what makes her a classic! Buy one and join an enthusiasts club and you gain not only a car but a network of good friends and plenty of opprtunities for fun days out and proper old fashioned sunshine motoring… Read Full Review

“The Herald 13/60 was the final development of...”

Written on: 30/12/2006 by zharca (8 reviews written)

The Herald 13/60 was the final development of Triumph's small 1950's saloon. Seriously outmoded and outclassed by its rivals even when new the 13/60 still sold well as a niche product on economy, an attractive interior and a sporty image (not backed by reality!), exactly the same qualities that attract buyers today.

At the risk of offending some enthusiasts, I'd recommend avoiding the earlier cars. The first 1-litre cars are now over 45 years old and are really too slow for everyday traffic… Read Full Review

“Nowt general about the Triumph Herald.You can fall in...”

Written on: 23/06/2006 by Charles Peter Edward Malt (1 review written)

Nowt general about the Triumph Herald.You can fall in love with the Triumph Herald instantly, and as soon as you drive it around for a while you realise how many people there are out there of have fond memories of this little car. Yes, as far as insurance goes it's cheap and you get the road tax perks that you would with any classic, but that has little to do with the joy of owning such a beast...everytime i'm out of the Herald for awhile I think how nice it would be to own something a little… Read Full Review

“Triumph Heralds are excellent cars. A joy to drive....”

Written on: 01/02/2006 by tjhad (1 review written)

Triumph Heralds are excellent cars. A joy to drive. The only affordable way to drive if you are new driver and don't have much money… Read Full Review

“I have owned my 1968 Triumph Herald 13/60 Classic Car...”

Written on: 09/09/2004 by Zebedee (1 review written)

I have owned my 1968 Triumph Herald 13/60 Classic Car for only 6 months and find it to be the most fun car I have owned so far. I ran a 1500 Spit' for a couple of years and as much as I enjoyed the sports car looks and performance I feel that the Herald has more to offer as an all rounder. Parts are cheap and easy to find and this car is cheaper to run and insure that a mini. I am 25 years old with no no-claims and my insurance is only £180 per year fully comp' and this includes full breakdown… Read Full Review

“Ive owned my 1971, Triumph Herald 13/60 saloon now for...”

Written on: 02/04/2004 by Kennykrockabilly (1 review written)

Ive owned my 1971, Triumph Herald 13/60 saloon now for 2 years, and have had so much fun driving her.
Insurance is so cheap, parts are easy to get hold of, and fuel consumption is great.
Looking for a second one now { Convertable }… Read Full Review

“the Triumph Herald 13/60 car is well worth it, and...”

Written on: 14/02/2004 by all the way (1 review written)

the Triumph Herald 13/60 car is well worth it, and they are real fun to drive. Cheap to insure? YES i have 1 conviction a CD10 and 1 accident, i am 40 years old, had driving licence less than five years,
My insurance fully comp is £220 with no noclaims bonus.
My rover 820 series is £874.36.with 1 years noclaims bonus.
Also for a classic car the parts are so easy to get and very cheap… Read Full Review

“Yes the herald 13/60 is a good alternative to boy...”

Written on: 11/11/2003 by triumph1850turbo (1 review written)

Yes the herald 13/60 is a good alternative to boy racer cars, cheaper to insure even when moddified, i'm 17 and driving a herald estate with highly turned 1500 tc engine and overdrive and a 1850hl, with saab 99 turbo, and both together are 2 grand less than my freind pays for his 1.0 polo, now how about that for a tempting prospect… Read Full Review

Lel Lou's Response to triumph1850turbo's Review

Written on: 15/06/2005

Is it safe!!!?
My 13/60 shifts pretty well already for such an old gal, it's great to have free tax, and fully comp Insurance for £80! with an agreed value of £5000. it's had an MOT today and flewn through with yet another person asking if it is For Sale!
<br>I am tempted but couldn't stand seeing someone else driving her!

Fred303's Response to triumph1850turbo's Review

Written on: 15/09/2009

Where did you get such a good quote? I've been trying to get a quote for ages and the best i've found has been &pound;1800.
<br/>
<br/>Could you help please?
<br/>Thanks

“Well the Triumph Herald 13/60 is old but its an...”

Written on: 26/08/2003 by v8interceptor (1 review written)

Well the Triumph Herald 13/60 is old but its an alternative to todays boy racer [i hate that term] cars,with 60's charm its a fun car to drive,people look at it and smile [lasses love it] although some [lads] think your an idiot,Light weight with good handerling for old car not bad power,top speed is only 85mph,rear whell drive so you can do donuts in wet weather,brakes no good due to no servo.Next its getting a respray like a 50's dragster [fire flames up sides etc] and inside getting money… Read Full Review

Fijoha's Response to v8interceptor's Review

Written on: 12/10/2003

I have owned a "few" of these annoying but at same time charming cars and agree with the writer.
<br>But the car in the photo looks to me like a 1200 !!!
<br>Cheers Joh.

Triumphs For Ever's Response to v8interceptor's Review

Written on: 22/07/2005

Sounds a little like a boy racer himself. Who needs to go faster than 85mph and what do you want a servo for? Go down to the gym and grow some muscles.
<br>You surely don't want it to be like one of today's vehicles that totally insulates you from the road conditions!

Pwrk's Response to v8interceptor's Review

Written on: 20/01/2004

I agree. I have spent many hours under my 13/60 and have had the present one for 12 years. I also think the one in the photo is a 1200.
<br>yours PK
<br> from a little town in Warwickshire just 5 miles away from the place at which these loveble contraptions were built