Theoben Evolution Reviews

Theoben Evolution - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Theoben Evolution

Theoben Evolution
Theoben Evolution

“exellent accurate bit of kit ”

Written on: 06/06/2013 by gibby1050 (1 review written)

i have a few diffrent air rifles R10 , DAYSTATE AIR RANGER , BSA LIGHTNING , AND THIS .22 THEOBEN EVO , if its a grat accurate gasram that your looking for with not much recoil and never loses power shoots continuisly at 11.8ft lbs . then these are the business .. go ahead you cant go wrong… Read Full Review

“Bought my Evolution (.177 walnut) as a 'garden gun' a...”

Written on: 04/01/2011 by R Moon (2 reviews written)

Bought my Evolution (.177 walnut) as a 'garden gun' a few months back, I've fitted a 1.5-5 simmons WTC on top. its a cracking little gun, accurate, predictable & feels nice on the sholder. I've occasionaly been tempted to take it out bunny bashing instead of my 100KT… Read Full Review

“I brought an evolutuin brand new last year, I had to...”

Written on: 05/11/2010

I brought an evolutuin brand new last year, I had to wait six week for the delivery. I tuck the gun out of the box and it was brocken so I sent it back and got a re-fund… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2011

Great grammar there, you obviously know your stuff eh? ;(

Grocott2964's Comment

Written on: 27/12/2011

40 poorly spelt words do not make a review, how can you comment on accuracy and handling when the gun did not work. For every 1000 guns made you are going to get 1 that does not work that does not give you the right to bad mouth a gun that you did not even get to try. There are quite a few people on the review centre that only write a review to totaly slate a product without keeping perspective, this is of no help at all to people trying to work out whether this product is worth buying or not.

“i bought this after i got settled with my rapid 12, so...”

Written on: 10/08/2010 by QRichTee (3 reviews written)

i bought this after i got settled with my rapid 12, so getting used to the recoil was paramount. but because the trigger and the recoil is so consistant it only took a day. by far easyer to shoot than a springer, lighter and quieter too. the r/h walnut stock it very nice to hold. i bought this over a hw97k simply becuase its all round a better air rifle… Read Full Review

“bought theis gun a cupel of months ago its my first...”

Written on: 02/05/2010 by craigmcg (1 review written)

bought theis gun a cupel of months ago its my first gas ram i have ever fierd and its brilant took a rabbit the other day with it at about 70yards and it droped noproblem at all have alredy shot 3 hares 16 rabbits 27 woodies 25 rooks all within a range of about 30-50yards its the best rifle i have ever owned would recomend it to eneyone… Read Full Review

“This is my forth Theoben and my best (Carbine profile...”

Written on: 22/04/2010 by Blammer (4 reviews written)

This is my forth Theoben and my best (Carbine profile .22) its the next best thing to a Fenman (no longer made), accurate, quiet and the best looking gun i have owned. The gun is light nimble and consistant, take care if fitting a sling as you need to drill for a stud in the fore grip… Read Full Review

“I've had my .20 Evo for just over 3 months now. It...”

Written on: 07/12/2009

I've had my .20 Evo for just over 3 months now. It came with a walnut stock, right-handed sporter version. Lovely bit of wood. Call me crazy but I stuck the action into a Custom Stock of Sheffield CS700 walnut thumbhole (bling-bling but what a lovely piece of craftsmanship).
I've got nothing but praise for this gun - easily the best break-barrel air rifle I've ever owned, in fact the best air rifle I've ever owned:
Accurate; powerful; superbly machined (there's not a bit of the action that's not… Read Full Review

Bykerneil's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2010

I found this review somewhat helpful because...this buyer has been lucky, it just shows that Theobens QC dept requires severe attention.

“Had it six months, now on its second return to factory...”

Written on: 03/12/2009 by bykerneil (1 review written)

Had it six months, now on its second return to factory for loss of power thus cannot hold zero. tried RWS,H&N, Accupel, you name it, still not very good grouping and eventually dropping right off the paper at same 30yd mark. I am seriously unimpressed and will be trading in for possible hw97k / tx200 when it comes back. I Should have had a look on here before I bought it..... ! ahhh well, hind sight is a wonderful thing..!… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to bykerneil's Review

Written on: 15/06/2011

Must be a fault, but dont give up. Gas rams are fully serviceable (yours will be under warranty)

Ramshot50's Response to bykerneil's Review

Written on: 15/01/2013

fellow airgunner,i currently own a theoben evolution with the thumb hole stock. This is my 3rd theoben rifle,my first was under the beeman label a 20 cal. rx2..which was a beauty with that great swirled finished stock. great power and great accuracy kinda heavy to carry after my shoulder surgery. but now looking back i wish i kept it,for my son. i also wish i had kept my older used rx1 in 177 cal. i,ve owned a rws 48 and beeman 20 cal. goldfinger..and great,with no problems.but all in all the evolution i have now is as great any of them! Try the beeman goldfinger r-9 what a smooth shooting rifle,with very capable power! best of luck!

“Recently purchase evolution, had to wait 6 weeks for...”

Written on: 28/11/2009

Recently purchase evolution, had to wait 6 weeks for delivery. When I tried to load it the cocking lever pin wasn't fitted right and gauged a groove into the stock, also the fixing screw to the trigger guard was the wrong size so they off set it so it would hold the guard in place. I phoned up the manufacturer and they replied I should have brought a dearer gun? Never got fire this gun, I got a re-fund and brought a Weihrauch instead… Read Full Review

“Bought my Theoben Evolution 5 years ago and had...”

Written on: 22/11/2009

Bought my Theoben Evolution 5 years ago and had nothing but trouble from day one. I am dissapointed with all aspects of the rifle. I think it is over priced, over rated And the engineering is not what it is cracked up to be. The finish on the stock looked like a beaver with a hangover had produced it.
On shooting for the first time I was dissapointed at how weak it seemed. Not having a chrono and having to put the gun into storage as I was moving abroad I didnt have time to check the gun out… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2011

yeah, i had two Thebens, the firt was a Fenman and was OK, My current one is a Evelution thumb hole and as you say the stock is like a bit of fire wood (The checkering is overburnt (laser)and falls off during use), I think Theoben have really gone down the tubes since Ben Taylor left, and i for one wont buy another. Eric King

“this is my second theoben evolution and i went for the...”

Written on: 14/05/2009 by dac41 (1 review written)

this is my second theoben evolution and i went for the left handed walnut carbine 177cal and what can i say i am even more over the moon with this one the looks r stunning and its a joy to shoot and i can take my quarry out up to 40 to 50 yds no problem… Read Full Review

“The Theoben Evolution air rifle is powerfull accurate...”

Written on: 24/11/2008

The Theoben Evolution air rifle is powerfull accurate quiet good grouping. Its a really good looking gun! Ive just bought the evolution had it for about 2 month absolutly amazing gun have taken bunnies at 55 yards… Read Full Review

“I had always thought that spring guns where loud heavy...”

Written on: 22/06/2008

I had always thought that spring guns where loud heavy and a bit passed there time but when i swapped my air arms s200 for the theoben i was proved wrong its very accurate, very little recoil an most of all, i like how well built it is. as i had the s200 (which is a very light gun and i would recomend to any one) at first without it was a bit heavy but now ive had it a bit i really think it light for a brake barrel… Read Full Review

“Coming back into air gunning after a 16 year break...I...”

Written on: 18/06/2008 by Bill Glasgow (3 reviews written)

Coming back into air gunning after a 16 year break...I found myself with such a wide range of fantastic air rifles to choose from. However, after buying a few back additions of Airgunner and Airgun World (which is well worth doing for anyone in the same situation as myself) I started to get a clear idea on what was right for me...and what was right for my shooting needs. And combined with 1 or 2 trips to my local gun shop I finally decided on the Theoben .22 Evolution with the walnut stock and… Read Full Review

“This airgun has a lovely feel. Im left handed but can...”

Written on: 30/05/2008 by 121mike212 (6 reviews written)

This airgun has a lovely feel. Im left handed but can still use the right handed stock with ease. this is a well made beautiful looking gun, even more so when the stock is made from walnut.
One of the things that makes this gun so good is the gas ram system. Its such a joy to shoot. With every shot you can feel the quality workmanship that goes in to making this such a fantastic gun… Read Full Review

“hi guys .. i dunno if this is a stupid question but i...”

Written on: 06/03/2008

hi guys .. i dunno if this is a stupid question but i have the theoben evolution 177 .. was wondering if u can over power it ? i mean are gass rams tunable so u can get more foot pound out of them ?… Read Full Review

Mattrob1502's Comment

Written on: 15/02/2009

Hi. Read your review about the stock and service. You have consumer rights and you should write to Theoben and explain to them exactly what happened and ask them to rectify the fault.
<br/>
<br/>Send this letter by recorded and guaranteed delivery.
<br/>
<br/>Wait for the reply. If they refuse then write to them one final time stating that you are giving them one final chance to rectify the stock and within that letter advise them that if they will not rectify it then you will take legal action against them and that you want thier refusal in writing so that you can demonstrate to the small claims court that you have exhausted all avenues open with the supplier.
<br/>
<br/>It doesnt matter if it is over 12 months old as you have a right of expectation that the gun should operate without fault for a reasonable time period and i would suggest that even up to 3 years from new is reasonable.
<br/>
<br/>look up the sale of goods act and then if they wont fix the stock complete a small claims court form and post it to them for the cost of replacment or repair.
<br/>
<br/>They will either attend the small claims court and probably be found at fault and have to pay you or more likely they will fail to attend and the judgement will be awarded in your favour.
<br/>
<br/>if they dont pay after that then Theoben will have a county court judgement placed against them and after this you can request the the court freeze thier bank accounts until they do pay up and/or you can request that the court order baliffs onto the Theoben premises to remove goods to the value of the repair.
<br/>
<br/>The law is on your side and companies can not simply refuse to fix or replace something, the reason they get away with it is because people let them.
<br/>
<br/>If it was my stock it would be replaced without question otherwise i would stand in court with or without Theoben present and i would win the case on the day.
<br/>
<br/>Good luck with whateever you choose to do.
<br/>
<br/>PS: I am not anti Theoben as i have 3 Theoben Air Rifles and i love the rifles, but i am against poor service and companies that flout the sale of goods act
<br/>

“Theoben as a company really need to do more for the...”

Written on: 19/02/2008 by daimaesteg (1 review written)

Theoben as a company really need to do more for the consumer because they would not replace my stock after 3 months of ownership, the stock cleanly snapped when i cocked my evo due to dry and brittle wood inside the stock itself, i can understand this may have escaped quality control but this does not mean that i am to blame for the stock breakage.
10/10 for the rifle
5/10 for the stock
1/10 for customer service
p.s. if anyone knows of theoben stocks for evo;s please leave details on here
thanks… Read Full Review

Theshooter's Response to 345747_daimaesteg's Review

Written on: 29/02/2008

I couldn,t agree more with your comments. i had one in beech, the stock was supposed to be turkish walnut, it was hardwood covered with poor brown varnish. i phoned theoben, and as you say, not helpful. luckily i traded it in for a springer, as i went to walk out the shop some time later, one of the salesmen went to cock it, whilst demonstrating it to an eager purchaser, the stock split in half! they say no greasy springs, consistancy. Cobblers, for the price, a weihrauch, and steve pope tuning kit will shoot better, low recoil, just as accurate, and it won,t break the scope.

368780_Sidewinder X's Response to 345747_daimaesteg's Review

Written on: 24/05/2008

I broke my stock .i ordered a new one from target sports Bolton,it took 5 month to get it ,it cost &pound;150 ,but the quality was poor ,this came from theoben care of T S ,i had to finish off the carving and fitting my self,so u can get a replacement.but at a price..ps target sport ordered the stock.from a out side sorce.TS gun shop is first class

Biffo1262's reply to 368780_Sidewinder X's Comment

Written on: 19/02/2013

Well history has proved you wrong about Target Sports so I wouldn't be surprised if your stock was a very poor copy done on a cloning machine from someone other than Theoben.

“I bought my .22 theoben evolution gas ram after owning...”

Written on: 17/01/2008

I bought my .22 theoben evolution gas ram after owning many previous air rifles including a mk1 rapid and an mfr so I knew I would be buying a quality gun. I have an FAC but needed to purchase a sub 12ft lb air rifle for rat shooting on a local dairy farm and also for a bit of 'plinking', I didn't want the hassle of a 'bottlegun'so opted for a gas ram.
Ive owned the evo for a couple of months now and I'm very pleased with it. Accuracy is fantastic putting pellet on pellet at 25 metres.I find… Read Full Review

“I have had my Theoben Evolution carbine thumbhole...”

Written on: 28/12/2007 by lewisk86 (1 review written)

I have had my Theoben Evolution carbine thumbhole stock .177 for three weeks now and it's the best rifle I have ever owned.

The build quality is the best I've seen on a rifle. the rifle is also very accurate,I can get 1 hole groups at 40 yards and 1/2'' groups at 60 yards.

I am so happy with this rifle I've have sold my dystate air wolf and my v-mach tuned hw80 as the evolution does everything I need.

I would definitely recommend this rifle to anyone… Read Full Review

“Well i just bought a brand new Theoben evolution rifle...”

Written on: 07/12/2007 by davecttrll (1 review written)

Well i just bought a brand new Theoben evolution rifle .177 in right handed walnut stock for 426.00 along with a BSA essential scope for 43.00 from Drapers airguns, Nottingham great service at this shop. This is my first air rifle so i'm no expert but i am very impressed with this rifle. The stock is perfectly finished and very nice to hold in all shooting stances, the barrel is finished in a blue/black which of course is perfect.
The cocking action seams tough at first but it soon gets a… Read Full Review