Barclays Cash Card Account Reviews

Barclays Cash Card  Account
Barclays Cash Card  Account

“Excellent Basic Account”

Written on: 27/11/2013

Easy to use, good customer service even for basic customers. One of the lowest unpaid transaction charge, only RBS group is cheaper. Debit card looks the same as their current account, so no funny looks when using it. Nice clean modern branches, excellent online banking and fantastic mobile banking apps. Application in person only which is a bit annoying. However, only took three days to receive everything. Balance updates immediately, reducing the risk of becoming accidentally overdrawn. This… Read Full Review

“I went into an I.V.A in October 2009. At the time I...”

Written on: 12/04/2010 by RobN (1 review written)

I went into an I.V.A in October 2009. At the time I did was not sure what the best basic bank account was to to open. After much research I found there are only 2 banks that will guarantee to open you a basic account if you are undischarged bankcrupt or in an I.V.A beleive me I know. The two accounts are Barclays cash card account and the CO-OP cashminder account. I have opened both account with easy, the co-op accout I did over the phone, you can contact them on 08456027057. You will need… Read Full Review

Kingtrucker143's Response to RobN's Review

Written on: 09/04/2011

I found this review very helpful because...I didn't have to waste time chasing around various banks

“When I went bankrupt, they where the only bank to...”

Written on: 29/01/2010

When I went bankrupt, they where the only bank to offer me an account and to be honest, I have always had a good banking relationship with Barclays.I have never had a problem with them and the cashcard account is wonderful. It only took about 4 days for the visa debt card to arrive and i get statements thought the post every month. The customer service is very very good for a bank of it's size and I can not rate this account highly enough. For people who want a basic account with no chance of… Read Full Review

“I opened a Cash Account in October 2008 when I went on...”

Written on: 02/10/2009

I opened a Cash Account in October 2008 when I went on a Debt Management Plan and I have to admit it was a nightmare to get the account open and I waited around 6wks to receive my card.
I am now filing for bankruptcy and Barclays have bent over backwards to be helpful and have said they can open a second cash card account for me 'while I wait' as soon as I have filed my papers with the court just incase the Official Receiver freezes my main account.
After the initial lengthy delay in getting… Read Full Review

“wish i could properly advise on the actual use of the...”

Written on: 31/08/2009

wish i could properly advise on the actual use of the Barclays Cash Card Account. i have tried twice now to open this account.
once in the branch i filled in application forms, took 3 weeks to hear back that it was returned due to the bank forgetting to date the form. sent it off again in post this time to have it returned again 3 weeks later as they do not accept there own buisness statements as id ( failed to mention this on the forms) 6 weeks on i still have no account. when i phoned for… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Barclays Cash Card Bank Account is terrible! I...”

Written on: 19/05/2006 by Faye93x (1 review written)

The Barclays Cash Card Bank Account is terrible! I would recommend you just keep your money under a mattress rather than taking this account… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Faye93x's Review

Written on: 04/02/2012

could you specify? please

“I am not happy having a Cash Card account because of...”

Written on: 06/12/2004 by Wellaz (1 review written)

I am not happy having a Cash Card account because of the limited nature of its services.

I am even reluctant to tell colleagues that i have a bank account.Its suitable for school going kids… Read Full Review

Mshabib's Response to Wellaz's Review

Written on: 20/10/2005

I had a current account with Barclays from 2001 to 2004 and now closed. I have moved to HSBC. The reason being: long queues, poor customer service, poor credit rating computer system.
<br>
<br>My advise: goto HSBC which provides excellent customer support and high interest rates.