Nikon F100 Reviews

Nikon F100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nikon F100

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I have three Nikon bodies - a 8008S, a N90s and now an...”

Written on: 22/10/2002 by Dan. (1 review written)

I have three Nikon bodies - a 8008S, a N90s and now an F100, which is by far the best. It feels very solid (I would not hesitate to use it as a hammer) and fits perfectly in my hand. Most slides were exposed dead on and were very sharp - the body and lenses are perfectly aligned. Combined with a 80-400 Nikon VR is just right for body building, but hey in this day and age we need all the exercise we can get. It never let me down, it just ignores freezing cold and sweltering heat and the… Read Full Review

“I traded in my F801 against a Nikon F100 35mm SLR...”

Written on: 30/09/2002 by Tom. (1 review written)

I traded in my F801 against a Nikon F100 35mm SLR camera just a few months after the newer camera came out. It has never let me down and I have got better results from it than any of my other cameras. It is a fine camera ... but

I have never found any use for the selectable focus area. I have it permanently locked on the centre sensor.

Despite the F100's improvements there is nothing that I do with it that I could not accomplish with my old F801 almost as easily. In fact I prefer my… Read Full Review

46031_John Ford.'s Response to 40680_Tom.'s Review

Written on: 24/10/2002

Good review. Makes a change from the usual rubbish.

I too am very pleased with my F100 my wife treated me to a 24-80 ED nikkor which has made my pics so much brighter and noticeably more vibrant.

The lack of "mirror lock-up" has never worried me as I don't take pictures that require a scientific level of approach. Most modern professional cameras are made so well that they don't require it. Certainly not the type of photography I deal with.

Really good comments. Thanks for the reveiw.

331399_Debk3's Response to 40680_Tom.'s Review

Written on: 16/12/2007

I am looking for the best Nikon film SLR for my needs and knowing the F80 is lighter weight is useful.

“Nikon robbed me last November when I was seduced to...”

Written on: 14/03/2000 by Stephen Williams. (1 review written)

Nikon robbed me last November when I was seduced to buy this camera. However, I love it. Why does it cost so much though ?… Read Full Review