Paddyfields, Hertford Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Paddyfields, Hertford - Ask a question now

“Dear Customers Paddyfields wishes to announce , that...”

Written on: 17/02/2013

Dear Customers Paddyfields wishes to announce , that it will be closing down on Friday 29 th December 2012 due to Simon retirement . We thank you for your custom and support over the last 26 years and wish you all a happy 2013 Simon… Read Full Review

“Atrocious ”

Written on: 28/12/2011

I was initially very happy with my starter as was my boyfriend; however I was horrified when I found meat in my VEGETARIAN hot and sour soup. I thought I tasted some meat but my boyfriend said it could have been anything but later found another piece which he thinks was pork. I was even more disgusted when they came out to claim it was bamboo shoots twice, as it clearly wasn’t. As it was my boyfriend’s birthday I reluctantly tried the other course which thankfully were meat free but we… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 25/01/2012

I am a VEGETARIAN too, i don't have any problem when I visit this restaurant. Lovely VEGETARIAN FOOD, lovely service.
I am ALWAYS happy to eat in this restaurant and eat my favorite VEGETARIAN FOOD.
NEVER LET ME DOWN !!

“1 Word..... AWFUL!!”

Written on: 11/07/2011

My fiancée and I had a lovely weekend away and decided to end it with friends and family with a Chinese at paddyfields. We had been there before and the food was 'ok' but nothing special. We were all pretty hungry and the food came in about 4 minutes after we had ordered (6 main dishes) which seemed a bit too quick. We started dishing our food up and one of us found a RED AND BLACK MAGGOT!! It was either a maggot or another bug of some kind... When the owners were told they took the dish… Read Full Review

“There is always a warm welcome, friendly service and...”

Written on: 13/01/2010

There is always a warm welcome, friendly service and excellent food. We often eat here with family or friends. The staff are particularly attentive of my elderly father. We all love it! About to celebrate our daughter's 21st there too!… Read Full Review

“Excellent service - wonderful food This is definitely...”

Written on: 15/01/2009 by sjudd (1 review written)

Excellent service - wonderful food This is definitely the best chinese food I have ever eaten - and I have been to many in my life. The staff are superb, very attentive and they really know how to look after you. Simply excellent!… Read Full Review

“I have been going to this restaurant for years, and so...”

Written on: 18/05/2007 by jade26 (1 review written)

I have been going to this restaurant for years, and so have my parents. It has become any excuse, whether it be a celebration or just for the sake of wanting to eat gorgeous food. We always go to the Paddyfields Chinese restaurant in Hertford. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The hosts are superb, and they never fail to entertain us! I thoroughly enjoy visiting, and I would recommend it to everyone!… Read Full Review

“Paddyfields has been my favourite Hertford restaurant...”

Written on: 02/06/2004 by principessaleah (12 reviews written)

Paddyfields has been my favourite Hertford restaurant for a long time, I remember coming here as a child on special occasions and a quiet meal here with my boyfriend is still peculiarly special.

The food is fantastic, with a good traditional range of dishes from peking duck to grilled dumplings (my favourite) to start, with some lovely sizzling dishes and tasty sweet and sours, noodles and a delicious lemon chicken.

The staff are friendly and always helpful (giving us a cork to take home our… Read Full Review