Ford Focus LX Reviews

• Reliability

Ford Focus LX - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Focus LX

Ford Focus LX

“Honda Engineers are the best on the planet”

Written on: 26/02/2012 by nostrilotoole (1 review written)

Honda electrical and mechanical engineers are the best on the planet:- My 19 year old 1993 2.2 Honda Prelude had 3 Faults: 1. New Battery 2. New rubber boot on a CV joint. (€40) 3. aircon electric clutch burn out(bypassed with smaller belt) My daughter's 1999 1.6 Ghia Ford Focus had the following 23 faults:- 1. New battery 2. wiper motor - link failure 3. Rear suspension bushes (NCT) 4. Rear wheel bearing 5. Steering rack - high point 6. heater resistor pack 7. New plug leads 8. New… Read Full Review

Limpet's Response to nostrilotoole's Review

Written on: 13/01/2013

I had a 2001 Focus 1.8 as a company car. Put 99,700 miles on it in three years. Outside of scheduled servicing it had an auxiliary belt tensioner replaced, and a rear tyre developed an odd wear pattern and needed replacing prematurely. The most reliable car I have ever experienced (including two Hondas)

12Davdan's Response to nostrilotoole's Review

Written on: 07/09/2013

My experience entirely. I had a 2003 2 litre Ghia, which I purchased with 30,000 miles on the clock. The car was excellent to drive, but a disaster reliability wise, much worse than the examples above. I will never buy another Ford. NEVER!!!!!
As a run around for my sons we have a 1997 Toyota RAV 4 for the last four years, which has now done 150,000 miles. Couldn't be more different from the Ford. Apart from normal servicing it has just needed a coil and a steering joint gaiter. My garage tells me that almost the entire car has still has its original parts - normal for Toyota.

“I think the Ford Focus LX is a great car however when...”

Written on: 10/08/2009

I think the Ford Focus LX is a great car however when I first drove in my full 100 percent driving I notice the accelerator is not at the same level with the other two pedals (break pedal and clutch) which is a bit pain when your uphill because I don't use hand break in an uphill start which will give me some tiny delay to press the accelerator but a delay enough for me to go down a little. In general the car performance is ok and the design of the body is good but it has negative effects when… Read Full Review