Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews

Jeep Grand Cherokee - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Jeep Grand Cherokee

Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee

“Just bought a 1998 grand cherokee 4l auto with 87000...”

Written on: 10/07/2009

Just bought a 1998 grand cherokee 4l auto with 87000 on it. Not in bad nick, bit thirsty on petrol, but I love it - its great for what I want it for, which is having my little girl in the back at a height that I can lift her out easily. And it was dead cheap!

Needs some bits doing on it - the hinge pin on the drivers door needs attention, and the coolant sensor will need replacing at some point - but I knew that before I bought it - and I don't care - its a brilliant buy. I';d certainly get… Read Full Review

“The Jeep Grand Cherokee has got 4WD and is super fun....”

Written on: 30/12/2008 by magooxo (1 review written)

The Jeep Grand Cherokee has got 4WD and is super fun. Only maintenance has been filling it with gas and changing the oil. Never skidded in, bought with 34k miles and now as 54k miles. I can fit all my friends and family in it and its an AWESOME first car for me. I will ALWAYS buy jeeps from now on… Read Full Review

“This Jeep is a great vehicle. It should not be lumped...”

Written on: 05/06/2006 by Podedwards (1 review written)

This Jeep is a great vehicle. It should not be lumped in with "SUVs". It is in a different category-it is a special purpose 4WD. It's not for hauling kids. The Grand Cherokee takes my wife and I to great fishing spots in the Rocky Mountains where only maybe a Rubicon might get farther. It has lots of creature comforts and a neat GPS system.

In snow, ice and high altitude it performs fantasticly. The 5.7 Hemi doesn't flinch pulling a load at 11,000 feet plus.

If you drive one, you're going to… Read Full Review

“I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2wd SUV in 1999...”

Written on: 01/04/2005 by captmarc (1 review written)

I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2wd SUV in 1999 with 80,000 miles on it. The car had been meticulously maintained by a wealthy family, so I thought I was being smart. Guess Again!!
The car ran great for a year and then it just started falling apart.

I replaced the air conditioning unit once, then it broke again two years later. $2000 total for both systems.

The steering system went out. $500
The water pump, twice. $500
The brakes, 3 times in 50,000 miles??? $1000
The headliner fell… Read Full Review

“Stay away from the 4.7L V-8 engines, and you can have...”

Written on: 14/07/2004 by MG McAnick (1 review written)

Stay away from the 4.7L V-8 engines, and you can have a good Jeep. Find a Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV with a 318 or even a 383. The venerable 4.0 "Nash" inline six is also good. Power is adequate, if not mind blowing. It'll still tow a good sized trailer. It will get about 2MPG more than a V-8.

Handling is just fair om GJCs, but it is offset by the vehicles sheer climbing ability. While the JGC will not actually go ANYWHERE, it will get you into some unbelieveable places (and back out)… Read Full Review

211285_Barry Evans's Response to MG McAnick's Review

Written on: 23/09/2005

I am from the UK and have purchased a 1999 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.0LITRE PETROL STRATE 6 with 51.000 miles. I have had the car for 2 weeks and the following has had to be replaced
<br>Front brakes
<br>front off side light cluster
<br>near side window switch replaced
<br>radio decided to pack up
<br>controls on the steering wheel dont work
<br>both front heated seat option dont work
<br>wing mirrors dont fold in
<br>front off side break caliper replaced
<br>heating is intermitant. when being on for 20 minutes the vents decide to blow out cold air
<br>under bonnet light dont work (not the bulb)
<br>has a constant pull to the left hand side
<br>cruse control dont work
<br>AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON.................
<br>surely in this day in age a company as large as these should NOT be having these problems.
<br>When is someone going to take note that when you pay a large amount for these types of vehicles you shouldnt be having these problems. TOYOTA, MITSUBUSHI, NISSAN, AUDI, VW, etc etc dont have these amount of problems with their vehicles so why do these
<br>
<br>If you have £1,000,000 and more to spare you may be able to afford to keep on replacing the parts that break down time and time again......
<br>
<br>I would strongly not recomend this vehicle. if you have £35.000 for a new one i would buy something else.......................

Podedwards's Response to MG McAnick's Review

Written on: 31/05/2006

I suspect the gentleman from the U.K. bought a vehicle that had been abused. All of these problems, obviously, did not occur after two weeks but were present at the time he bought the vehicle. Autos can be trashed and sounds like this one was. I have had good performance and reliability from all my vehicles, including my Jeep, but I do tend to them. Machines have to be maintained and engines do not last forever.

Gerard Stevenson's Response to MG McAnick's Review

Written on: 15/11/2005

I have a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.0L Inline 6. The car has 160,000 miles and runs just like it did when I drove it from the dealer.
<br>
<br>Had to replace the exhaust header, brakes, normal repairs. In the last 2 years I put maybe $ 1,500 for repairs and maintenance. It beats 35K for a new one.
<br>
<br>Yea, the rear wiper motor just went and I need to fix that and the A/C is concerning me right now but all in all--great car.
<br>
<br>I will make the repairs and give the car to my daughter who is at MSU. I'll bet the engine is good for 250,000 miles. It is too bad it is not offered in the Cherokee any longer. This is our 3rd of 4 Jeeps in the family.
<br>Gary S in Michigan--die hard Jeep lover