Rack Shack www.rackshack.net Reviews

Rack Shack www.rackshack.net - Ask a question now

“RackShack www.rackshack.net - EV1 are not the cheapest...”

Written on: 03/08/2006 by driftwoodr (1 review written)

RackShack www.rackshack.net - EV1 are not the cheapest and don't offer everything to every person but they are, in my opinion, hard to be beat for price and service. Having been with the for about 4 years I've seen the investment they continue to put in to the company. The result of this is that the longer you are a customer the better a deal you get. I currently have a dedicated server which cost me $99 a month with unlimited bandwidth. Ev1 even arranged for my tax to be returned and (I don't… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I had two servers with Rackshack aka ev1servers.net ...”

Written on: 03/02/2004 by SARO91201 (4 reviews written)

I ordered one because they said my server was compromised which I reviewed the logs and so no evidence of this... So I ordered a restore and they charged me $73 which I just had another restore performed a week prior. But when this restore was done I got an email saying the restore was… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I recommend that you stay away from RackShack.Net if...”

Written on: 14/08/2003 by michaelproperty (2 reviews written)

I recommend that you stay away from RackShack.Net if you can.. I'd be hard pressed to see any reason to go with these uncaring characters..WARNING! STAY AWAY!… Read Full Review

Saro91201's Response to michaelproperty's Review

Written on: 03/02/2004

ya I had two servers with Rackshack aka ev1servers.net which I just cancelled... they kept on messing up my servers... I had to order several restores... one time I had to order two within 24 hours...
<br>
<br>I ordered one because they said my server was compromised which I reviewed the logs and so no evidence of this... So I ordered a restore and they charged me $73 which I just had another restore performed a week prior. But when this restore was done I got a email saying the restore was complete... I then tried to login to SSH and it didn't work so I spoke to their online live tech support which isn't support at all because their answer ALL the time is open a support ticket. So this webtech told me to open a reboot ticket. So I did then they rebooted the server and said it went down for reboot and wouldnt reboot past the hostname so I had to order another restore... So I did just so I could backup my content. Once the server got back online I downloaded backups immediately and cancelled my service... They take several days to answer Support Tickets... Their Live Chat Reps are rude..
<br>
<br>Several times they have unplugged my server for AUP/TOS Violations for a domain name that was sending out spam that wasnt even on my server... Then they Terminated one of the servers because of another domain name that also wasn't even on my server and they said we gave you prior notifications of this domain and gave you plenty time to take care of the problem.
<br>
<br>A) How are you supposed to do something about a Domain that isn't even on your server?
<br>
<br>B) They violate their own Terms of Service as it clearly states on Paragraph 12 of their Terms of Service that they will not terminate or disconnect your service without prior notification and that is false as they have done this on several occassions.
<br>Servers Crashed daily..
<br>I give Rackshack aka ev1servers.net the following ratings
<br>-100 for Support
<br>0 for speed/connection
<br>0 for Server Reliability.
<br>
<br>I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE.