Iveco Daily Reviews

Media Gallery for Iveco Daily

Iveco Daily
Iveco Daily

“iveco hammered daily ”

Written on: 12/12/2013 by DailyDriver (1 review written)

I own a 2007 2.3hpt 143bhp 5 speed 35s15 mwb van which i have had since new, it gets a hammering daily, it gets slammed into gear revved to 4500rpm loaded to the gunnels and driven across the country. In the six and a half years of ownership ive had the rear axle changed broken pinion (My Fault) And the throttle position sensor needed changing as well as the possessed electric window module and also the gear selector rods. The original clutch and flywheel lasted 90000 miles of hard use. The… Read Full Review

“Not Brilliant”

Written on: 28/11/2013 by annon1955 (1 review written)

been driving a 2.3 daily for a year now with just over 40.000 on the clock. In that year its had diesel leaks from both engine and filler pipe, gearbox problems, several pieces of exterior and interior trim have just fallen off for no reason, blown many running light bulbs and now the prop-shaft uj has broken so its again back at the dealer it also has warning messages come up on start up telling me the coolant is low (which its not), airbag has failed and water in diesel there are 5 other vans… Read Full Review

“Iveco's best in the game!!!!”

Written on: 26/10/2013 by Moony123 (1 review written)

I've read through most of everyones reviews and I must say that I'm shocked by some of the bad reviews, ivecos are brilliant, I've got 3 and not had 1 problem so far obviously there is wear and tear tyres brakes etc but other than that I can't fault them. I have a 35c13 recovery truck 54plate with over 300k on the clock and it pulls a trailer every day on distance, I have a xlwb 3.0 agile and a swb 57 plate all out every day working. I've had a sprinter and it just seemed to rust away. Love… Read Full Review

Lukejones2's Response to Moony123's Review

Hello,
How much is the insurance on your recovery truck? How does it compare to your other vans?
Thanks.

Moony123's reply to Lukejones2's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2013

Depends what your using it for mate if its business then its quite expensive i pay over 2k but that covers cars up to 80k and also covers cars on a trailer if its private use its a lot cheaper.
there is not much comparison to be honest. The recovery truck is very powerful especially when empty.
hope this helps

Lukejones2's reply to Moony123's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2013

I'm thinking of using a recovery truck to build a luton-like body on it to make a motorhome. Any idea how much the insurance would be?

Thanks for your help!

Moony123's reply to Lukejones2's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2013

Quite expensive mate depending on your age , personally id buy a xlwb Iveco and put a caravan inside that way you can insure it as a van

T Willis's reply to Lukejones2's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2014

It would no longer be a recovery truck.so you need to check out motorhome insurance If you can get the dvla to play ball that is

“3ltr turbo iveco daily chassis cab”

Written on: 21/03/2013 by davidneicho (1 review written)

I bought this vehicle brand new from my local iveco dealership, and apart from one irritating flaw in the design i have been more then happy with its performance and durability. The 3 ltr turbo version is a bit juicy so i would advise going for the 2.3 version, one of which i have on a 05 plate. Also the turning circle on the earlier dailys are better. The design flaw i mentioned earlier is the near side mirror is partially obscured by the A post and I have had fitted the extra wide armed… Read Full Review

“worst van ever”

Written on: 19/02/2013

the daily is the worst van I have ever driven. Loud,bumpy,uncomfortable and unrealiable,spends easily as much time in the garage as it does on the road,also drinks deisel quicker than I manage a cup of tea. Give this a wide birth, buy something else, literally anything else!!… Read Full Review

Gord-Now's Comment

Written on: 26/02/2013

and they dont come to spec or even roadworthy. The side door leaks, switches dont work, handbrake sicks on permanently. The list goes on and on. If you buy a new one and there is not a letter `h` on the dash, it has been clocked and this came from dealer and iveco in writing. Correct for being worst van out there, but does drive nice. Your pocket will be lighter, spending the money on it though

“bad customer after sales !!”

Written on: 03/01/2013 by paulbrookes (1 review written)

We purchased a 65c18 for the company this was the panel van type compact but could carry the weight, we had problems with like an engine knock it went to GUEST TRUCKS ASTON ! in and out the vehicle was in the workshop about 9 times ! they hadnt a clue what they was doing they just gave up! and to this day we are still fighting our case looks like a court case will proceed very soon, a big company against us not afraid of that we have our facts up to date, the repeated lies from GUEST TRUCKS… Read Full Review

Gord-Now's Response to paulbrookes's Review

Written on: 26/02/2013

I have the same hassle. Had the van 3 months and still not on the road due to unfit for purpose.

Infmalmaj's Response to paulbrookes's Review

Written on: 07/11/2013

hi there, would you mind emailing me, I think we are about to head down the legal action route with our van, I was just wondering your outcome if you have one?

infernalmaj@gmail.com

Paulbrookes's reply to Infmalmaj's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2013

Hello
This is my advise and what I know. Try and resolve the issue via Email on every occasion as this way you have a record. If you get a solicitor involved you wont be able to claim your legal fees back, a county court is your route about £250.00 to submit your claim.
As I have no understanding of your case its hard to advise other than be diplomatic no matter how hard, try and resolve the case and direct all Emails to the service manager , again depending on your case obtain an independent advise from an unbiased motoring body ex the RAC , not your mate down the Pub, that wont count ! to inspect the vehicle and to do a ( vehicle report ) so if it went through the courts you have evidence to back your claim! make sure you advise your intentions of this to the Garage and also advise you will be passing on the costs as a result of the vehicle report to them, this is something you will need to do if your hit time and time again via a brick wall!! much further down the line!! Then after all else has failed put the Garage on a 14 day notice of your intention to pursue through the county courts and make sure your claim is addressed to the Managing Director of that region ! the Garage will not like that one bit !! this should do the trick for them to give in. If thats ignored then send a 7 day Letter or Email that if you have not had a response with 7 working days then the Court papers will be submitted at this stage they should come back on the phone and do a deal !
With my case I accepted 80% this was a good result considering they offered me nothing !! Remember get your facts and then go for it ! dont give up and you should get a good result .

Note: if you send any letters to the Garage send them recorded delivery every time , this way somebody has to sign for it they cannot say they had never had the letter !!
Hope this is of help good Luck !!

Regards

“iveco dail van”

Written on: 20/12/2012 by gord-now (1 review written)

bought a 35c21 van. still not driven after a month, side door pours water in, no paint around hinges on rear, not even built to basic spec, never mind the spec i bought, aftersales dont want to know, refuse to deal with it and dont even reply. Disgusting company. got your money and dont care after that. dont buy one… Read Full Review

Gord-Now's Response to gord-now's Review

Written on: 26/02/2013

now its been 3 months and still not on road. worst company out and they havent even replied to the finance company. to make matters worse.

“Very cheap feel and terrible gear box”

Written on: 10/12/2012 by Crg360 (1 review written)

The company I work for is switching to these vans, just now we have 5 sprinters ans 3 ivecos, So far the 57plate ivecos just need to be scrapped gear box falls to bits clutch it terrible window go down on there own and are just horrible to drive bouncing from side to side. Then the 11plate iveco is an semi-automatic and has to be driven in manal cause it jumps up and down gears throwing you back and forth in the seat randomly, When pulling away at a junction you need to anticipate the time it's… Read Full Review

“Painful Experience ”

Written on: 29/11/2012

The company i work for have recently replaced the faithful lunar mileage Sprinters and VW Crafters with Ivecos, after only a short period of time working with them I am really missing the old fleet. First things first the box on it is a custom design for the company and although a stupid design is not relevant for this review. The build quality on the Ivecos however is poor at best with just the delivery mileage on them various bits of trim had fallen off, the cab all in all is a poorly… Read Full Review

“Oh My Poor Back Aches”

Written on: 27/05/2012

On the day after driving this hunk of motoring misery, my back is still aching. The negative points posted regarding this vehicle cover all the problems I have encountered. With only 7000+ miles on the clock I would have expected a much smoother drive, not so. A worrying cluncking sound as the vehicle goes down the gears. When in heavy traffic and trying to pull out into heavy traffic, it's a nightmare. If I went for a test drive in a car that have the problems that these Iveco's have, I… Read Full Review

“Iveco daily's are rubbish”

Written on: 10/05/2012 by JasonTanner (1 review written)

I bought a 2008 50c18 dualcab put a pan on it.it was going great for 7 days before it started leaking oil everywhere six weeks later I asked for my money back which they wouldn't do after seven weeks I finally got through to the national service manager who only returned my call after threatening to go to the media.any way 3.5 years later and I lost count at 43 times it was returned for warranty issues (turbo,air con,electrical faults ,lights going out at night ,windows winding them self down… Read Full Review

“Pound for pound the best van I've owned”

Written on: 20/03/2012 by Freezergeezer (1 review written)

Bought my lwb 2.8 Daily in 2004 at two years old with 20k on the clock. I've done 100k in it since and barely had a problem to speak of. The cab may be basic but who cares? It's meant for graft and that's what it does. I've owned all sorts of panel vans down the years but when I do trade this in for a newer van I'll definitely be getting another Daily. Great van… Read Full Review

Gord-Now's Response to Freezergeezer's Review

Written on: 26/02/2013

only problem is here, it is an old one try a 2012 on and you wont be saying that

Firangie's Response to Freezergeezer's Review

Written on: 06/07/2013

I agree - Mine is a 2008 2-3 187000 Miles on the clock and still don't put any Oil in between 25000 Mile service's
You get what you pay for - not a Printer - but not the same cost either,
This is my fourth Daily, and would still trust it to go to Spain and back,
Guest Trucks at Wolverhampton have bent over backwards to help me when needed,
It as had it's problems - but thats life,

“Just driving...”

Written on: 04/03/2012 by Schlanbusch (1 review written)

I bought my Iveco Daily (3.2 tonn) 136 HP with Agile gear box new in 2009. I use my Daily in my pilot car service in Norway. Now this Daily has got 306.000 km on the clock, and the only money I have spent on this van is new brakes in the front at 240.000 km. Every 40.000 km i let my local dealer do the service, and that`s that... In 2013 I wil buy a new Iveco Daily, but now I want the 3 liter… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Schlanbusch's Review

Written on: 17/06/2012

when the breaks are due, is there a loud alarm coming from the dash? I've got to take the van back to do the breaks and machine the disks. I've only bought it a week ago !

“very gdvan 100%”

Written on: 06/08/2011

only just got my van but i no its history as in who s owened itall its life only done 50,000 genuine miles very well looked after every bill for parts and servicing fully panneled body work tip top starts first time every time well chuffed 08/11… Read Full Review

Yamaha6's Comment

Written on: 01/04/2013

Just bought a 65c18 crew cab panel,absolutely delighted with it

“Bought the truck new two weeks later iveco had to come...”

Written on: 04/03/2011

Bought the truck new two weeks later iveco had to come out and fill the gear
box with oil they forgot to put a bolt in 2 years later they put a new box in then had to go back every 3 months to recalibrate the box still not rite
drivers side window wouldn't work so it went back 3 times to get fixed then the air con went which was good all under warranty but 5 days out of warranty the computer goes not covered
found out the water sensor for the radiator leaks water down the wiring harness… Read Full Review

“I have had my "veco" as I call it for a while now and...”

Written on: 01/02/2011 by njohnson (1 review written)

I have had my "veco" as I call it for a while now and it's been a great ride. My only real issue is finding a good source forparts when I need them. Anybody got any good ideas for getting parts here in the US?… Read Full Review

“ I BAUGHT THIS VAN IVECO DAILY 1 OWNER FULL SERVICE...”

Written on: 03/01/2011

I BAUGHT THIS VAN IVECO DAILY 1 OWNER FULL SERVICE HISTORY 70000 MILES ON THE CLOCK,THOUGHT CAN`T BE BAD, LOOKING THROUGHT THE SERVICE HISTORY I COULDN`T BELIEVE HOW MUCH WORK THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD DONE INCLUDING A NEW ENGINE SURLY I WOULD BE OK. HOW WRONG I WAS.WHEEL BEARINGS £220 EACH PLUS FITTING PROPSHAFT BEARING £260 PLUS FITTING REAR CALIPERS £240 EACH PLUS FITTING VISCOS COOLING FAN £315 PLUS FITTING REAR EXHAUST BACK BOX £400,TYRES ODD SIZE £140 EACH KNOW THE CLUTCH HAS GONE ALONG… Read Full Review

“Our company has just bought hundreds of these things,...”

Written on: 08/12/2010

Our company has just bought hundreds of these things, our Sprinter workhorses are being phased out.

I'm not an owner I just drive them, I can't comment on reliability, too soon and not my department anyway. Same with value for money. So, I'm only commenting as a driver, nothing else, someone who has to sit in these things and do my job.

As for practicality, we have custom built bodies, they seem fine but they are nothing to do with Iveco.

Good points - a nice tight turning circle, thats a… Read Full Review

Davec306's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2011

This is my experience with these new ones exactly. From what you are saying you work at Tesco right? Our store changed all our vans from our semi auto sprinters that were still working faultless at over 200,000 miles but theses Ivecos are failing at 6,000 miles one had a new gearbox just after 3000 miles.

Mikeandvan's Comment

Written on: 15/03/2013

I am an owner/driver of a daily, first had a 2.8 110 bhp - which wasn't bad (old though - 2001!), now I've just bought a 2006 3.0 140 bhp and its hideous! NO suspension, vibrates like hell, what a miserble day I've just had after 10 hours in it, my old one is still sitting outside, so I might just sell this new one, I honestly think my first van - the dreaded LDV was a more comfortable drive than this thing! I don't know whether the vibration is a fault or not, but you feel in lots when sitting at lights etc, such a harsh drive.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 13/04/2012

Our Company ( and yes I think I work for the same one ) recently replaced our 7 full auto sprinters with 7 of these semi auto Iveco,s. I have to agree with about all in the above review. The cab is badly designed.The seat is not in line with the steering column for a start. When compared to the sprinter there is little as regards oddments trays , door storage compartments etc..The semi auto box is a pain when trying to contol the speed during tight turns . The sprinter auto gave great control at creeping speed, though its a shame the sprinter steering circle was so poor ( probaly the Iveco,s best feature is the excellant steering circle). The driving postion is much more comfortable in the Sprinter and not such a joggly ride.Roadholding in the sprinter is also far superior. Bottom line is Id rather have my scratched , rusting , 200,000 mile + sprinter back than drive my shiny new 2,000 mile + Iveco Daily.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2011

If it is the same company I think you work for too, then we have 7 of them and to be honest, apart from the jumpy gearboxes and unsupported seats, i prefer these to the sprinters, one they smell new lol, and two and tight turning circles on them are un-matched. They seem to be a lot more reliable than the sprinters we had, one of which used are whole budget up on continuous breakdowns. Give it time and you too will grow to love them, i know have :D

“who says sprinters are best...no way....the only issue...”

Written on: 10/11/2010 by porta (1 review written)

who says sprinters are best...no way....the only issue I have ever had is a garage claiming the overheating was due to a blocked heater matrix (they also fitted a rad cap) which they charged £700 for!!!! Other than that and a fusebox fault, which I fitted myself (a fiat tipo one) for a total of £45 NO faults whatsoever....Ivy will pull to over 70 (its restricted) whether it has no load or 4 ton...it handles better with 2 ton on and when I used it for the festival circuit it was the only van… Read Full Review

“i got my 35s12 brand new in 2004. Since then have done...”

Written on: 09/10/2010

i got my 35s12 brand new in 2004. Since then have done 432,000 miles on the same engine, gearbox, axle the lot!! had a few problems with it such as drive shaft pinion bearing gave up, and and have gone through 2 inline fuel pumps and starter motors and a few other little things, but for the miles i do it very rarely lets me down. the main issue i have with them are the brakes. useless! the calliper sliders seize . . . . ALOT! easy to fix, but lets the van down. as long as you service it and… Read Full Review