HP PhotoSmart 850 Reviews

Optical Zoom 8
Battery Type Alkaline or Rechargeable

Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard
Features:
  • 4-megapixel sensor captures 2,272 x 1,704 images for prints at sizes up to 11 x 14 inches
  • Autofocus lens with 8x optical plus 7x digital (56x total) zoom
  • Included 16 MB SD card stores 15 images at default settings
  • Connects with PCs and Macs via USB port; powered by 4 AA batteries (disposables included)
  • Movie mode records video and audio for up to 60 seconds
  • Refine your search

HP PhotoSmart 850

“Wish I had bought another camera.”

Written on: 09/08/2007 by Ann67069 (1 review written)

Wish I had bought another camera… Read Full Review

HP PhotoSmart 850

“I've had the HP PhotoSmart 850 a year now and have...”

Written on: 07/10/2004 by johnrhind (1 review written)

I've had the HP PhotoSmart 850 a year now and have taken some spectacular photos in Cuba, Amazon Jungle & of the kids!! As my first real digital it has been superb although I was sometimes reluctant to take it everywhere with me because of the cost (down £100 since I purchased) Battery charger and extra memory are a must… Read Full Review

HP PhotoSmart 850

“I bought the HP PhotoSmart 850 as my first digital...”

Written on: 29/01/2004 by Durangosally (1 review written)

I bought the HP PhotoSmart 850 as my first digital camera. I dint know what to expect nor how to really use it. I really liked the camera and figured out how to use it fairly well. I dont have it anymore. I sold it because of one big drawback to me and that was the software hangs up all the time. Also if the camera gets cold, it will hang it. The auto focus is not all that great but is ok for the money. I finally bought a olympus C-750 and it wins hands down over the HP850. The zoom is… Read Full Review

HP PhotoSmart 850

“The HP PhotoSmart 850 is a great value for money...”

Written on: 03/11/2003 by RichardO (9 reviews written)

The HP PhotoSmart 850 is a great value for money camera. Looks like an SLR but is slightly smaller and lighter. Picture quality is high (with a 4Mpix sensor it should be!). Built in flash and SD card slot. An easy to use menu system. Also a ridiculous level of zoom - up to 56x including 8x optical. Don't use unless you have very stable hands! Only 3 bad points: the SD card capacity is limited to 128M (though that will hold 64 pics, so not a major problem), the battery life is not great (buy… Read Full Review

HP PhotoSmart 850

“Uses ordinary AA bateries (4) and SD type card. Linux...”

Written on: 21/09/2003 by deglog (3 reviews written)

Uses ordinary AA bateries (4) and SD type card. Linux compatible (standard USB type interface). Plastic body a bit flimsy. OS can wig out, usually due to low batteries. Viewfinder should switch on when you look in, but doesn't work well with glasses. For left-handers, LCD not best placed - get big thumprints in it… Read Full Review

HP PhotoSmart 850

“I've had the HP PhotoSmart 850 digital camera for over...”

Written on: 12/08/2003 by munkeyb. (1 review written)

I've had the HP PhotoSmart 850 digital camera for over a month now & can't say that I've found any bad points!
    The photos that you get using the highest resolution (4M.P.) are really stunning!!
    The camera instructions are very easy to follow & the camera it's self is very east to use!
    You WILL have to buy more memory for it as the 16MB sold with it is just no where enough!
    My advice is buy a 256MB memory card & then you can leave it at 4 M.P. & get about 120 images on the card! I personally… Read Full Review

123210_Munkeyb.'s Response to munkeyb.'s Review

Written on: 20/08/2003

I ment to put in the above review of the HP 850 that it does eat up normal batteries, so buy rechargables & 'quick charger' to get the best out of your camera! I forgot to mention this in my review because I was using rechargable from when I got the camera! If you don't you will spend a fortune on normal batteries!!