Samsung Digimax 240 Reviews

Resolution 2
Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Alkaline

Features:
  • 2.1-megapixel sensor creates 1,600 x 1,200 images for prints at sizes up to 8 x 10 inches
  • 3x optical zoom and 2x digital zoom (6x total)
  • 8 MB internal memory; expandable via Secure Digital cards
  • 1.6-inch LCD, movie mode
  • Powered by 2 AA batteries; connects to PCs and Macs via USB
  • Refine your search

“Great durable and reliable camera. I have taken...”

Written on: 25/12/2007 by rustyjardin (1 review written)

Great durable and reliable camera. I have taken thousands of great pictures. The Samsung Digimax 240, highly recommended for normal pictures… Read Full Review

“I got my Samsung Digimax 240 5 years ago, at a cheap...”

Written on: 12/08/2007 by MK11544 (1 review written)

I got my Samsung Digimax 240 5 years ago, at a cheap price. I just wouldn't recommend it because the battery life is bad and there are way better models out there for the price. I'm giving mine to my 7 year-old brother and getting a Casio EX-Z75… Read Full Review

“The Samsung Digimax 240 is my first digital camera, so...”

Written on: 10/08/2003 by AJAdams (1 review written)

The Samsung Digimax 240 is my first digital camera, so my comparisons are to my 35mm experience. I chose the Digimax 240 for the options available for flash and white balance controls. Pictures taken with my choices often were better than those taken in "auto" mode.

All functions and menus are clear and easy to use, all butttons are well made and readily accessible.

No drivers need be installed for use with Macs and downloading pictures is quick and easy.

Since I prefer to compose my… Read Full Review

Tomba's Response to AJAdams's Review

Written on: 13/12/2003

Thanks......good review, my daughter has just got one and the alkaline batteries only last 10 minutes.......must get rechargeable and AC adaptor right enough!!!
    <br>Tom

304192_Mk11544's Response to AJAdams's Review

Written on: 12/08/2007

The picture quality of this product is not good.

Duellist's Response to AJAdams's Review

Written on: 23/05/2006

Very nice camera. It's my first ever digital camera, and having had it for 3 years now I am very happy with it. I have never had any problems with it, it is always reliable and very easy to use. However there are a couple of annoyances, including the battery life (if you insert the "used" batteries into another electrical device, they are still able to power a flash light, gameboy etc for a long time afterwards!) and although it was relatively neat when originally purchased, when compared to any new camera it is a bit heavy and large. Otherwise though, this camera is good, and the pictures produced are great. The movie function is a nice bonus too.

Hentaijess's Response to AJAdams's Review

Written on: 12/02/2006

Worst battery life EVER. Alkaline batteries last about 10 seconds. Even rechargeable NIMH's last only a minute or two on mine and I've had it for 3 years.
    <br>
    The USB cable does not provide power to the camera, which is another huge pain in the butt. I can't even begin to describe how many times I've been in the middle of transferring pictures to my computer when the camera just up and dies.
    <br>
    I would not recommend this camera to anyone. The pictures come out beautifully, but when you have to replace the batteries after every other picture taken, what's the point?

Joks1956's Response to AJAdams's Review

Written on: 10/08/2004

The 240 is my first digital camera, have SLR etc. Main problem is the flash. Anyone got advice on how to improve picture quality in low light/indoor. Flash range appear to be about 2 metres max.

Ukrabbiter's Response to AJAdams's Review

Written on: 11/01/2004

In respect of rechargeable batteries
    <br>go for Ni-MH as high as you can get, for even longer life
    <br>try avoid Ni-Cad as they aren't much better than normal batteries.
    <br>I use Ni-MH 1800mAh with a 15hr charge