Ricoh RDC-i500 Reviews

• Battery Life

Ricoh RDC-i500 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ricoh RDC-i500

Ricoh RDC-i500

“i love this cameras it works well for me its so big neet”

Written on: 23/03/2013

this camera works very well for me in lots of ways its so big yet small unusual and with 3-megapixel and 3xzoom works well i dont have a wife now hahahahahahaha thanks… Read Full Review

Ricoh RDC-i500

“This is a my second Ricoh digital camera. (Still have...”

Written on: 28/07/2004 by hro (1 review written)

This is a my second Ricoh digital camera. (Still have my RDC7) and it is great. Easy to pocket, excellent capability. I have had very good results from this camera. It is as quick as any digicam of the 2000/2001 era and once you have mastered the pre-focus it rarely misses.
I now have a RDC 7, i500, GR1V and Myport330.
These cameras are 1st class.
Well done Ricoh… Read Full Review

Ricoh RDC-i500

“This camera raised my hopes that at last I could use a...”

Written on: 01/02/2003 by henry balfour. (1 review written)

This camera raised my hopes that at last I could use a beautiful design, and get high quality pictures. Regretfully this camera is let down by it's optics, which are not up to industry standard, and it's processing on-chip. The further issues I have are with the uncompressed TIFF format, which can only be read with a proprietary brand of software that is NOT bundled with the camera. There were also plenty of issues with USB under Win98 and then plenty more problems with Windows XP… Read Full Review

Ricoh RDC-i500

“Overall the Ricoh RDC-i500 digital camera is value for...”

Written on: 23/09/2002 by Lingo. (1 review written)

Overall the Ricoh RDC-i500 digital camera is value for money but it takes time to get used to the camera… Read Full Review

Ricoh RDC-i500

“My son brought the 1500 back from Japan together with...”

Written on: 10/08/2001 by Tony Cross. (1 review written)

My son brought the 1500 back from Japan together with all the manuals in Japanese. Can anybody help me to locate a full set of manuals in English?… Read Full Review

Ricoh RDC-i500

“The Ricoh RDC-i500 is an excellent and easy to use...”

Written on: 13/06/2001 by Sean Clarke. (1 review written)

The Ricoh RDC-i500 is an excellent and easy to use digital camera. It might not look as 'camera-like' as others but the range of features it has and the performance more than make up for it.

There are so many options to customise how you wish to use the camera, it must cater for almost everyone's needs.

The thumbnail review is excellent, especially if you have been using the auto-bracket or multi shot modes, good for comparison of many photos and it helps to manage your shots.

The PC… Read Full Review

3170_Frosty Boy.'s Response to 2502_Sean Clarke.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2001

I read this review after purchaing the same model from Duty Free on my way out of Oz for a three week trip. I made the purchasing decision casually, mainly based on my faith in the Ricoh name, and the sex appeal of the camera itself. I have had no regrets. This camera has been expensive to buy, but has performed magnificently - image handling is a strong suit, so is portability and ruggedness. The PC interface worked first time for me (on Win98) and compared to my first digital camera, a Kodak DC260, this is a delight to operate, booting up in two seconds (Kodak took 7 secs!) and closing down even faster. A real sharp shooter... but I'll advise users to select the 1024 x 768 "fine" mode to shoot in - lower rez's produce too much pixelation on the finished product.

Jackbel.'s Response to 2502_Sean Clarke.'s Review

Written on: 01/06/2003

Very useful review. In fact, I just bought an i700 on Internet but I am still waiting for. Very impatient to see by myself and then add a review here.

Jim Moore.'s Response to 2502_Sean Clarke.'s Review

Written on: 19/08/2001

I travel frequently to the UK and would like to purchase this camera in London during my next visit. Could someone tell me where to find it at the best price? Also, does anyone know the current duty-free price? The i500 is not available in the US...imagine that!