Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v Turbo 4x4 Elegance Reviews

Media Gallery for Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v Turbo 4x4 Elegance

Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v Turbo 4x4 Elegance
Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v Turbo 4x4 Elegance

“old but good”

Written on: 13/08/2013 by rhodaskodaman1990 (1 review written)

This is a great car and a pleasure to drive just reaching bigger repairs at 88k+miles and awaiting quote on rear axle differential anyone else had this done? I believe all the 4x4 drive train is from the Quattro?… Read Full Review

“Love it!”

Written on: 18/08/2011

I agree with the poster below! Alas, 10 years old now but there isn't a car out there that is such excellent value and all round ability. 205bhp! Might go out for a spin… Read Full Review

“Remapped to 210 BHP, very comfortable, pretty...”

Written on: 02/12/2010

Remapped to 210 BHP, very comfortable, pretty reliable, just regular maintenance & a replacement starter motor. Does not like supermarket fuel (95 RON) so I use V power.
Very practical, well built, fun to drive, quite rare.
Great economy for a heavy 4x4 petrol turbo (26-38 MPG)
Brakes fade early, suspension a bit soft, otherwise a wolf in sheeps clothing… Read Full Review

“Hello , i own a skoda octavia combi 1.8t 4x4 150hp\awd...”

Written on: 28/11/2010

Hello , i own a skoda octavia combi 1.8t 4x4 150hp\awd , tunned in 195hp. It,s a splendid car, good looking, nice interior, good on mileage, enough horse power, plenty of room for the passanger annd in the trunk. Overall my best choice ever and i have owned a "few" cars like a golf 4 vr6(2004) , an audi a6(2004) ,a subaru impretza (2006)and others. I am sure to say that this car is the best in all and it keeps it's value after time. Good luck!… Read Full Review

“Δεν θα το ελεγα αξιοπιστο βασει εμπειριας απο ιαπωνικο...”

Written on: 12/01/2010

Δεν θα το ελεγα αξιοπιστο βασει εμπειριας απο ιαπωνικο μοντελλο που ειχα πριν απο αυτο...αλλα σιγουρα ειναι τουλαχιστον κοντα στο μεσο ορο....

Απο οδικη συμπεριφορα ειναι σχεδον αψογο...

Απο κινητηρα εινα απλα ΑΡΙΣΤΟ

Απο φρενα θα ελεγα καλο

Απο τετρακινηση θα του εβαζα τουλαχιστον 7 με αριστα το 10

Απο handling 7

Απο πρακτικοτητα και χωρους πορτ παγκαζ 10 χωροι επιβατων ομως το πλυ 6...αφου ειναι μετριοι

Απο ορατοτητα κινειται στο μεσο… Read Full Review

“the engine management light came on shortly after...”

Written on: 15/11/2009

the engine management light came on shortly after buying it from a trader had it serviced at main dealer lots of theories but no solution apart from a bill for 1500 when light is on i have no power when it is of car is good but light has a habit of coming on whenever.try having confidence to overtake knowing that you could lose all power mid over take. no one seems to know how to fix

“a very good car comparating the price with the options...”

Written on: 18/06/2008

a very good car comparating the price with the options and the benefits. in conclusion, its a very good car… Read Full Review

“Very reliable. Comfortable, quick, good handling...”

Written on: 29/05/2008 by Petrolhead65 (1 review written)

Very reliable. Comfortable, quick, good handling reasonable economy excellent tow car My car has now done 211,000 miles in 5 years, with no break downs. Only item changed is the rear diff under warranty. Fantastic value for money… Read Full Review

“After 30000 miles engine management light on and...”

Written on: 11/04/2006 by mark1965 (1 review written)

After 30000 miles engine management light on and dealer unable to rectify problem even after replacing (or so they say) many parts unnecessarily. Meanwhile performance began to suffer. Finally Skoda agreed to replace 'faulty' ecu. Well now my Octavia performs like never before, stunning performance but, yes you've guessed it, the lights still on but all problems resolved with the exception of a hot starting problem. To be more precise this is more of a problem relating to running after starting… Read Full Review

P C Buckland's Response to mark1965's Review

Written on: 04/05/2006

Same model, same problem. The light is still on after several part replacements. The situation has been made worse by a singularly incompetent autogas conversion which I foolishly allowed the garage where I purchased the car to arrange. Light on all the time so I do not know whether there is a fault. The car runs superbly on gas on the open road, but cuts out in slow moving traffic, so one has to manually switch back to petrol. The Skoda dealer hasn't a clue and the gas conversion people don't want to know, although they are happy to keep changing parts with no guarantee that it will be fixed. On balance, gas conversion of the Octavia is well worthwhile but don't let the dealer arrange it.

Millers's Response to mark1965's Review

Written on: 14/11/2008

I've just had the same problem with the grinding at the back when trying to park, so (almost) full lock, slow speeds, much grinding. Took it to a garage, and they figured out it was an electrical problem; the grinding noise is the differential locking, as it does when in mud/snow, so something is triggering it off. Only thing they could do was switch off the traction control - so it runs smoothly now, but unfortunately no traction control, or ESP...they say it's shorting out somewhere, causing the diff to lock, but don't know how to resolve it. I'm sure that at a more modern garage, with better diagnostic equipment, they will be able to solve the problem..hope this helps.

344939_Maximus1274's Response to mark1965's Review

Written on: 13/02/2008

I have a 2002 model and I seem to get a grinding noise from the rear when I am turning on full lock, the car has done 20,000 miles, apart from that I am very happy with it.

277671_Cuffit's Response to mark1965's Review

Written on: 08/02/2007

I have the Octavia 4x4 on a 51 plate. I bought it with 51k on the clock and now its on 93k. As soon as I bought it I had it converted and it now has a Prins LPG system fitted. I was sold the system as bullet proof and I have to say that to date I have had no problems whatsoever. I have a dual filling system for the UK and the continent and just fill up wherever I go. Being a bit sad with the figures I have worked out that I get about between 24 and 27mpg on gas depending how heavy my foot is and whether it's in or out of town. The only thing that has gone wrong is the annoying bong sound when you leave the lights on and turn the engine off. This was a blessing till I realised my wife's nagging was more annoying than the bonging! Skoda want £120 to change some bits and can't guarantee it will fix the problem. Other than that I have no problems with my local dealer.

Moss's Response to mark1965's Review

Written on: 20/06/2006

It's encouraging that on-balance you'd seriously consider LPG for your next car. As I've just acquired the Octavia I want to get to know how it performs on petrol for the next few weeks before I book it in for conversion. That way I'll be able to judge performance affects before and after. Also, it has a few weeks of the original warranty remaining so I won't risk this by arranging a conversion too early. My Escort had an early LPG kit and at that time it was not possible to install the LPG and have the air conditioning functioning - it had to be disconnected. The garage I'm planning to take the Octavia to assure me that with the newer LPG kits, which are much more sophisticated, there's no problem maintaining the operation of the climate control system. Also, the newer LPG kits come with a 2 year warranty for the engine, so it seems the manufacturers have more confidence in their product.
<br>
<br>I'll let you know how it goes - fingers crossed.

P C Buckland's Response to mark1965's Review

Written on: 17/06/2006

The dealer (in Crewe) claimed to have arranged for a number of successful conversions for local taxis. Although I was never told the full story, it appears that the first company the vehicle was sent to failed to complete the work and it was switched to another company (in Warwick). The result was a botched job using different components and a refusal to accept any responsibility for failure (it failed during the first week after delivery). Several trips back to the company who had performed the conversion only resulted in them claiming that the faults lay with Skoda. After a recent failure I took it to another company (in Bournemouth), who commented that the cylinders had been drilled for injection in the wrong place and the engine set to run on too lean a gas/air mixture from installation. Another company (in Doncaster), advised by the installer, were prepared to attempt to find the fault but would not provide any guarantee to fix it, rather like opening your wallet and saying 'help yourself'. I did consider legal action over the initial incompetent fitting but I simply do not have the time to pursue this and I just accept that switchover has to be manual. That said, the conversion is not only clean but has saved me a lot of money over the last 70,000 miles. I shall eventually replace with another Octavia and yes, despite the hassles, I shall have it converted to LPG

Moss's Response to mark1965's Review

Written on: 13/06/2006

Hi PC, I&#039;m sorry to hear about your experience with the LPG conversion. I&#039;m just about to buy a 1.8T 4x4 and also have a gas conversion in mind, the car seems ideal for it given its deep spare wheel depression for the gas tank. My current car, a Ford Escort, has been running on LPG for 6 years now and doing very well. Converted by a local garage who have been converting cars for about 7 years. Did your local dealer have much experience of LPG conversion? Have you heard of any successful conversions? Any info. would be much appreciated.

“I have a Skoda Octavia Combi 4x4 Combi, year 2002,...”

Written on: 16/07/2005 by nmario (1 review written)

I have a Skoda Octavia Combi 4x4 Combi, year 2002, with 70.000 km , and I am very pleased about my car's performances and confort.It's really a good car… Read Full Review

“Having done 80k miles in two and a half years I have...”

Written on: 21/05/2005 by davealdi (4 reviews written)

Having done 80k miles in two and a half years I have found the Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v Turbo 4x4 Elegance to be comfortable and reliable. It is certainly on a par with my previous Subaru Forester Turbo and much cheaper to run. I average 35mpg day to day with over 40mpg achievable on a long run. Service intervals have been 16-20k miles and servicing costs are very reasonable.
The engine has shown problems on cold start-ups since new which the dealers seem unable to fix. Waiting 2 minutes after… Read Full Review

“I was very sad to own this Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v Turbo...”

Written on: 25/09/2004 by jontip (4 reviews written)

I was very sad to own this Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v Turbo 4x4 Elegance estate car not because of the stigma that the marque suffers from but because it lived up to every inch of the stigma and more.
Its badly built, unreliable and costs a fortune to keep on the road.
Skodas after sales service is appalling and virtually non existent. I had a continual problem with tyre wear and dif malfunction and the only way to resolve the problem was to sell the car. Skoda were as helpful as a tub of Ice Cream… Read Full Review

“The change from 2.0MPI to the Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v...”

Written on: 10/08/2003 by James Brown (1 review written)

The change from 2.0MPI to the Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v Turbo 4x4 Elegance estate 150bhp engine is the best part of the car the acceleration and power of the car is phenomanal. There is an unoticable switch between two and four wheel drive which is controlled by the Skoda Hadlex clutch system wich gives a very smooth ride.

As it is available in the elegance range only it means it comes with all the top spec items which means no accesaries are needed as everything is givern as standard - the only… Read Full Review

Clivelawence's Response to James Brown's Review

Written on: 24/09/2003

Just bought a secondhand Octavia 1.8 T 4X4, utterly dissappointed ! no way, what a superb car. I have not taken delivery yet (1st Oct) but did take the car for a long test drive. I was totally shocked at the level of comfort, refinement, power, ride, extras etc etc, I did not expect this from a Skoda, but after all it is a VW with a different badge. Totally agree with your review, more comments when I get mine.
<br>Can't think what other toys you might need, it's got everything.
<br>Clive Lawrence