Little Chef Reviews

Little Chef - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Little Chef

Little Chef
Little Chef

“One chef one waiter to serve 42 customers”

Written on: 14/12/2014 by Ady_mills (2 reviews written)

After writting my past review I thought it only fair to give little wolfson Trago Ltd ( trading as Little chef ) Heathersett another try to see if they have upped there game after 18 months . On my arrival there was one waitress and one chef swamped by 42 customers waiting to order and more in the car park. ( come on Wolfson everyone is cutting back on costs but not customer satisfaction and having to wait over 60 minutes just to place my order. The waitress did warn customers there would be a… Read Full Review

“Grot Cafe of the Year”

Written on: 31/07/2014

On the 28th July 2014 I had the misfortune of calling at the Ferring Little Chef, on entering, the toilets smell was enough to make one walk out again. The overall appearance was not one which would attract customers. The carpets were disgusting ,chair seats were cracked ONE TO AVIOD AT ALL COSTS. I had BEEN INFORMED THAT THIS CAFE WAS DUE FOR A REVAMP EARLIER IN THE YEAR. Failing to do this must have cost you a lot of potential customers. I hope you take some ACTION upon reading this… Read Full Review

“Little chef heathersett trading name wolfson trago Ltd”

Written on: 28/07/2013 by Ady_mills (2 reviews written)

On Sunday 28th July 2013 at the heathersett branch of little chef I decided to pull over and have some lunch. My only mistake was choosing the little chef heathersett. Upon my arrival I had to wait for other dinners to pay for there meal before I was seated then once I was seated and given the revised menu ( no pictures) I had to wait 25 minutes before anyone came and took my order. It wasn't a case of they where busy, there was 2 other tables with people on and they where already on there main… Read Full Review

“Grease and more grease”

Written on: 24/09/2012 by seanolondon (1 review written)

You can eat pretty much whatever you want at Little Chef - as long as you don't mind it smothered in grease! What happened to the 'Good Old Days' of home cooked tasty food ? Now its burgers chips and grease grease. Should have got Delia Smith to re-design the menu instead of that idiot Blumenthal… Read Full Review

“Arrived for breakfast at 10.30 and was told there was...”

Written on: 31/05/2010

Arrived for breakfast at 10.30 and was told there was a twenty minute wait as they had customers wow i guess that what called business the staff looked like there uniforms had seen better days. Our ordered was taken 15 minutes later and food turned up 45 minutes later and with cold beens. As we had a table near the entrance we were able to see the staff telling customers there was a hour wait now there was only five tables occupied did they not want customers two tables gave up and paid for… Read Full Review

“Little Chef is absolutely appalling! I took my son as...”

Written on: 13/09/2009

Little Chef is absolutely appalling! I took my son as a treat for doing so well in his first week at secondary school. It took 30 minutes for the starters to arrive and they were very disappointing. I had about 5 prawns and the core of an iceberg masquerading as a prawn cocktail. My son had the chicken wings that tasted like fish!!!! We then waited a further 30mins for the main course. I had ordered a rib eye steak (medium) with jacket potato and my son also ordered a rib eye with onion rings… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2012

My question would be, why are you taking your son to Little Chef as a 'treat'? That's where it went wrong. The prawn fiasco is of secondary consequence.

“Cleanliness and staff at Little Chef were appalling -...”

Written on: 20/09/2007 by Mrs M Johnston (1 review written)

Cleanliness and staff at Little Chef were appalling - The ladies toilets were flooded and disgustingly dirty with no toilet paper. When this was pointed out to a female member of staff she was not interested and walked away. We had visitors from Canada with us so this was most embarrassing and unacceptable… Read Full Review

“Service at Little Chef in Norfolk is non-existent....”

Written on: 12/08/2007 by SunnyByfleet (8 reviews written)

Service at Little Chef in Norfolk is non-existent. Food took ages to arrive, but looked like it had been cooked half an hour ago. A thoroughly revolting experience all round… Read Full Review

“When we went to the Little Chef in Alcester, we...”

Written on: 05/06/2007 by Reaction (21 reviews written)

When we went to the Little Chef in Alcester, we ordered two plates of scrambled eggs with side orders of mushrooms, toast and jam for our two children, two orange juices, and a two mugs of tea.... and we waited, and waited, and waited.

It was breakfast time, and since this Little Chef is right next to a Travelodge, you'd think they'd be geared up for providing breakfast. They're not. Only two serving staff, and (I'd guess) one cook. When the scrambled eggs on toast were delivered, they were… Read Full Review

“I've been to many of these outlets around the country,...”

Written on: 03/01/2007 by cheesebiscuits (1 review written)

I've been to many of these outlets around the country, and this is by far the best. I parked the car in an immaculate car park and entered alongside my wife. Even though there were quite a few tables occupied, a member of staff instantly walked past with dirty plates in his hands and told us that he'd be with us in a moment. Moments later we were sitting down near the window browsing the menu. Within a few minutes, my wife and I had made our decisions, and a young lad came to take our order… Read Full Review

“Ok, so you aren't going to get a great meal but in...”

Written on: 08/08/2006 by templd (55 reviews written)

Ok, so you aren't going to get a great meal but in Little Chef the fry ups are ok and the pancakes and milkshakes are spot on! Plus you only stop here when desperate, so you enjoy whatever's in front of you!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“On arrival at Little Chef in Wisley South, there was...”

Written on: 10/05/2006 by ksaunders (1 review written)

On arrival at Little Chef in Wisley South, there was one very slow waitress and one chef in attendance. The place was like a morgue, even though there were several tables occupied. It was ten minutes before the waitress came for our order, then they did not have our first choice. Then two more employees appeared, but quickly went into the back room and they were not seen again. It was thirty minutes before the rolls were ready. I could not eat the salad. At the till, another five minutes passed… Read Full Review

“I stopped at a Little Chef on the A1 for a cup of tea...”

Written on: 23/04/2006 by Fearmor (2 reviews written)

I stopped at a Little Chef on the A1 for a cup of tea and a small item like a cake or a biscuit. All they had was toasted teacake. They would not serve toasted bread after 11am which I though was despicable as there is no additional work involved. The tea was brewed by putting a teabag in a mug of hot water.
Cost of tea and toasted teacake = £2.99 per person… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“As someone who travels throughout the UK quite a lot I...”

Written on: 13/12/2005 by mpalmer (1 review written)

As someone who travels throughout the UK quite a lot I have used many different Little Chefs throughout the UK. There was a time when these places were a dead cert for good food and service.

My how times have changed.

After a series of bad experiences throughout the country I resolved about 8 months ago to never visit another. However last Sunday I broke my vow and decided to try again. The Little Chef in question in on the A3 just north of Guildford.

Things looked bad when we waited almost… Read Full Review

“We arrived just before noon for our lunch stop at the...”

Written on: 30/10/2005 by Blanchardfamily2001 (31 reviews written)

We arrived just before noon for our lunch stop at the Little Chef in Shrewsbury. We left at 13:40, having had one course.

We got a table, as other customers were later turned away, they were fortunate. I ordered Fish and chips, my wife had the veggie breakfast and the kids had jumbo fish fingers.

Whilst waiting for our food, it became apparent there were problems at this restaurant - some customers were being turned away. The staff did not appear happy.

When the food turned up, the fish… Read Full Review

“The staff on duty at Skeebys little Chef Outlet were...”

Written on: 25/04/2005 by elpaulista (1 review written)

The staff on duty at Skeebys little Chef Outlet were always interested in what you had to say and they are friendly. The food was of very good quality and the restaurant was excellent… Read Full Review

“To Starbucks, I grant the fact that at least they know...”

Written on: 14/12/2004 by Kanarki (24 reviews written)

To Starbucks, I grant the fact that at least they know what customer service is.
Little chef reminds me of a trapdoor spider, bear with me I'll explain.
A trapdoor spider waits down a hole for it prey, underneath a clod of dirt as disguise.
A little chef will hide in every back water road in the UK using bright colours and exit signs as a diguise for a 'restaurant'.
A trapdoor spider will then grab its prey dragging it down a hole.
A Little chef will lure you under this pretense of… Read Full Review

216425_Annebennett's Response to Kanarki's Review

Written on: 08/11/2005

I was interested to read your article about your experience of Little Chef and your comparison to "A trapdoor spider!". I have visited some Little Chefs that leave you feeling abhorrence for the Little Chef chain. However, as with anything in life a minority spoil it for the rest.
<br>
<br>As a Team Member of Little Chef at Alcester on the outskirts of Stratford Upon Avon for the past seven years, I would invite you to come and try ours. I guarantee that you will be pleasantly surprised. We have some excellent cooks, particularly those who work on the early shifts, and a good management team have inspired good customer skills and cleanliness of the restaurant amongst the staff over the years.

Djeva1's Response to Kanarki's Review

Written on: 10/07/2009

Hi Kanarki,you would of been better off making your own sandwiches and flasks of tea or coffee and taking some fruit before your travels,i always do it is much cheaper and healthier,you can only just stop at a little chef just to use their toilet and to stretch your legs in their car park,i always do.

“I visted a Little Chef at Moto services o the M1 on...”

Written on: 06/08/2004 by beachhutman (2 reviews written)

I visted a Little Chef at Moto services o the M1 on 31st July 2004. Some five staff were serving, I think I saw three more in the kitchen area. Yet our food, after our order, took almost 40 minutes to arrive. Were it a complex meal, or the restaurant packed with customers, this might be explicable. But the restaurant was half empty, and the meal very simple - I regularly prepare similar dishes myself in less than 15 minutes, starting with cold water and dry pasta. In addition, the charge for a… Read Full Review

Elpaulista's Response to beachhutman's Review

Written on: 25/04/2005

Thats a load of rubbish, you get more than a can of coke in a glass

Beachhutman's Response to beachhutman's Review

Written on: 16/11/2005

No, you don't get a can equivalent in a LC glass . They load the glass full with Ice, and then fill it from a pump. It's a total rip off.

Amandasfamily's Response to beachhutman's Review

Written on: 15/11/2005

Well said - I stopped at a Little Chef recently whilst travelling on holiday with my family - first and LAST time - it was dreadful and cost a fortune. Never again. They MUST be able to serve better food at a lower cost - if not they will drive all their trade away.

“With in excess of 350 of these roadside restaurants in...”

Written on: 15/07/2004 by Belgarion (30 reviews written)

With in excess of 350 of these roadside restaurants in the UK, there are bound to be some that do not quite meet the standard from time to time. Fortunately these are very few and far between. Since the chain of Little Chef restaurants opened in 1958, many competitors have come and gone. Some like "Happy Eater" have been bought over but the Little Chef chain continues ever onwards. Most are situated on the main "A" roads in and around the UK, though 29 or so are also situated in the major… Read Full Review

Kanarki's Response to Belgarion's Review

Written on: 14/12/2004

Do you work for Little Chef?

Ksaunders's Response to Belgarion's Review

Written on: 10/05/2006

Obviously the little chefs spin doctor

Belgarion's Response to Belgarion's Review

Written on: 15/12/2004

Errrrrrrrrr please take a look at the rules, If I did work for them i would not be allowed to place the review!
<br>
<br>Just credit where it is due, at least generally the ones I have visited. As I said I drive in excess of 20,000 miles a year. Like in all things there can be good ones and bad ones, but generally in my experience the standards have been reasonable to high.