Logun Gun Lamp Reviews

Logun Gun Lamp
Logun Gun Lamp

“logun lamp”

Written on: 08/10/2011

wot a mock to the uk shooting industry, its beyond poor. and its a bike light total bag of sxxt… Read Full Review

“I have owned one of these for about 8 years and find...”

Written on: 21/02/2011 by DEAN C (1 review written)

I have owned one of these for about 8 years and find the ultra light weight and size of the unit a big plus when shooting at night.
It is just about right for lamping rabbits to 40 yards and picking up eye shine at 95 yards. I always use a LED torch for scanning and turn the lamp on at the last second for the shot.No they are not the brightest scope and anyone who says that you need to hold a rabbit in the beam is talking out of their bottom.I carry a spare battery just in case but there are… Read Full Review

“Hi can anybody help me with my logun lamp when i turn...”

Written on: 10/10/2010

Hi can anybody help me with my logun lamp when i turn it on all i see through my scope is a blurr. It always looks like there is a mist in front of me can any one help me out the lamp is mounted on the front half of my scope… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/07/2011

it needs to be mounted infront of you scope possibly at end of barrel underneath

Foxalot's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2012

Get a kitchen roll tube tape it up to make it water proof put it on the end of the scope which stops the light coming back into the scope causing the glare I have used this on my rifles for years and cost only the price of the insulation tape.

“Great light i have mounted on my hw77 with an AGS...”

Written on: 14/10/2008 by A1rgunHunt4 (5 reviews written)

Great light i have mounted on my hw77 with an AGS 3-9-40 scope and it has helped me alot in night hunting. Great power for a small piece of kit very robust. No bad points really apart from the switch could be a little lighter … Read Full Review

“Overall I cannot fault the logun gun lamp and unless...”

Written on: 12/08/2008 by mob101 (1 review written)

Overall I cannot fault the logun gun lamp and unless foxing at ranges over about 150 yards it cant be beaten. Some people say you only need to see the eyes- wrong and dangerous!, some want the field lit up like a football pitch with 10 trillion candle power spot lamps- wrong again, just seems to scare everything and forever changing batteries… Read Full Review

Dean C's Response to mob101's Review

Written on: 21/02/2011

I found this review very helpful because...This person knows what he is talking about for a change.

“Ideal starter lamp good for the money. Getting spare...”

Written on: 16/04/2008

Ideal starter lamp good for the money. Getting spare lamps is a nightmare. Range not as good as my mates deben. Cheap enough starter lamp… Read Full Review

“The Logun Gun Lamp is a great to use. It really helps...”

Written on: 14/04/2008

The Logun Gun Lamp is a great to use. It really helps you out and works well. The light is really powerful and will last such a long time. It wont affect the weight of your gun much either. Definitely recommend the Logun as the best lamp you will find… Read Full Review

“The battery should be upgraded to a 10amp/hr for...”

Written on: 30/11/2007 by 1066 (1 review written)

The battery should be upgraded to a 10amp/hr for longer shooting or fishing sessions at a cost of 13.00 from Maplins electrical or buy a spare from the same shop for 4.00. Forget about 1,000,000 candle power as your maximum range with an air gun should be 50 yards not 500 yrds. If your air gun has been tweeked and is on your firearms certificate then buy a deben tracer max as i use these on my .22 rimfire and centrefire rifles… Read Full Review

“Shame I've had two that are blowing fuses - perhaps...”

Written on: 11/11/2007 by wacko (1 review written)

Shame I've had two that are blowing fuses - perhaps the recoil on a spring gun (I use BSA Lightning XL) doesn't do them any favours. I really wanted this to be good but I am now hoping for a refund and I am going to try a Deben instead!… Read Full Review

“A friend of mine recently traded in his air rifle gear...”

Written on: 13/07/2007 by dreadheadmarksman (13 reviews written)

A friend of mine recently traded in his air rifle gear for a pair of slippers and a wife but one of the things he didn't put on ebay was this Logun lamp he owed me a favour so gave it me for free.
1st thing i noticed was how small and light the torch unit was and also how crude and big the on/off switch/cable was i decided to try it out i asked the local farmer if he still had a pigeon problem in his barn and offered to clear them out during the night and also do a spot of lamping on the… Read Full Review

“I go lamping most weekends with my BSA ULTRA .22...”

Written on: 26/05/2007 by Nightcrawlerslodge (5 reviews written)

I go lamping most weekends with my BSA ULTRA .22 bought the Logun lamp for £65 thought OK will give it a try
After charging it for most of the day and night thought OK lets give it a try. I generally go out for at least 5 hrs and needed a decent lamp had BSA lamp no good Deben was too big so I tried this one. I was sceptic before buying the lamp and should have known even with me scanning the field on and off for 2hrs the battery died a death the beam was weak and the wires just got in the way… Read Full Review

“Sorry fella, I believe that you must have been...”

Written on: 17/11/2006 by infaredscope (2 reviews written)

Sorry fella, I believe that you must have been shooting in your sleep. I say this as I have been rabbiting for years and have not come across a cheap lamp from a hardware store to hold charge for more than one hour constantly, as I would believe you have with 35 rabbits down. I use the Logan and it is fine if you can make out the rabbit, you don't need to fry the thing before you pull the trigger… Read Full Review

Nightcrawlerslodge's Response to infaredscope's Review

Written on: 06/06/2007

Tut tut tut mate av been lamping for 18yrs and still think the Logun is too cumbersome have tried the "so called cheap torch from maglite" and find it much better to work with as for shooting rabbits in my sleep well I do lol its just my opinion and find the maglite much easy to work with than wires and velcro stuck all over my stock cheers nightcrawler:-)

“Used this Logun lamp twice. Once on its own, and once...”

Written on: 12/11/2006 by Bebbo (6 reviews written)

Used this Logun lamp twice. Once on its own, and once with a partner with a bigger lamp. I found that in comparison to the big lamp it did seem weak, but I managed OK when I used it on my own. Basically, if you want to go lamping on your own then this is fine. It does lack the range of bigger lamps. But then again, most non-FAC air guns are only reasonably accurate, to say 40 yards, and this lamp meets those needs… Read Full Review

“I have the Logun Gun Lamp teamed with my Walther...”

Written on: 18/02/2006 by Erebus1197 (13 reviews written)

I have the Logun Gun Lamp teamed with my Walther 3-9x40 IR scope, and it is a lethal combination. These are on my BSA Ultra and I cannot fault this setup.

The lamp itself is fantastically small and light. It comes with a great light choke that turns the beam from spot to flood, and if you get the filter pack you will not be disappointed!

The effective light range of this lamp is 50 yards, which is more than enough for most air rifles, unless you are FAC, as most rifles are only effective to… Read Full Review

246729_Arundel's Response to Erebus1197's Review

Written on: 11/06/2006

Hi - im just curious as to how much a battery pack would be for this lamp? taking spares out, in case I planned on spending the whole night out of the likes... Thanks

Druid 66's Response to Erebus1197's Review

Written on: 12/12/2006

I agree with you entirely sir; an excellent and accurate review. Just to perfect things I think Logun could supply a `dimmer switch` option for their otherwise brilliant lamp.

Bebbo's Response to Erebus1197's Review

Written on: 15/11/2006

I've managed a 7 hour lamping session using the Logun Gun Lamp sensibly. Backup torch is essential though.

259050_Liaison56's Response to Erebus1197's Review

Written on: 10/09/2006

You should get at least 2 hours "lamp on" time from the Logun Lamp so you wouldn't need a spare battery. You only need the lamp on for quick sweeps and actual aiming/shot time. Either use a back up torch or a headlamp for navigation around your shoot, and you won't need to go to the expense of a second battery pack.

Erebus1197's Response to Erebus1197's Review

Written on: 11/07/2006

Hi there. I have just phoned Uttings.com (based in Norwich, best gun shop around) and they said a replacement battery for this lamp would be about £26 to £30, depending on the p&p that Logun will levy. They do not keep the batteries in stock, but can get them in a matter of days from Logun. The battery will come with a bag as well, so you shouldn't have to keep changing the battery bag if you want a night of it.
For further details go to www.uttings.com and place an order.
You may be able to save a few pence by shopping around, but Uttings have always done me proud so I stick with them.
Cheers for the comment, and good luck.
Erebus1197
PS I was out lamping with this lamp a couple of nights ago and the rabbits were dropping like flies. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. This lamp is such a fine example of what a lamp shoud be like it scares me! Small, compact yet stupidly bright. All in all I love this lamp, and now I have used it a few times, I think the RRP of about £110 is not over the top, so I take back what I said in the original review.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I bought a Logun Gun Lamp 2 days ago, and I fitted on...”

Written on: 16/12/2005 by chad46 (1 review written)

I bought a Logun Gun Lamp 2 days ago, and I fitted on my scope to go lamping. When I shone it on to the rabbit, it just ignored it like there was nothing there, so I took it back to the shop, and they said it was faulty and supplied me with another, but it was just the same, so I went and got my money back.

I went to the local DIY shop and bought a 500,000 candle power ordinary charge-up torch, and got 35 rabbits from 4.30pm to 6.30am… Read Full Review

229572_Gra's Response to chad46's Review

Written on: 11/02/2006

The idea is to see the rabbits and they ignore the light!

Tinker18's Response to chad46's Review

Written on: 16/10/2013

WHAAAAT.They are supposed to ignore the lamp.Unless you like shooting them on the hoof/wing/run.
Have you mounted your half million c/p lamp on your gun yet????? DOH.lol

Dreadheadmarksman's Response to chad46's Review

Written on: 13/07/2007

Just a quick question seen as your lamping session is a bit vague but how exactly did you manage to hold the 500w torch and aim your air rifle?? Was it a duck tape job or did you have a friend or were you shooting from the hip??
<br/>
<br/>Second the idea behind the lamp is to NOT scare bunnies otherwise your never gonna shoot one (so how you managed 35 with the big lamp is a bit suspect seen as it would scare them off) also this is why they make coloured lenses
<br/>
<br/>Plus common sense would tell you that a light smaller than a red bull can would not be lighting up the entire hillside thats like me buying a mini and complaining that my mates Ferrari is faster.
<br/>
<br/>Finally, i don't know what rig you use but i must get one seen as whenever i shoot a bunny even if i hit it in the head so it doesn't kick around and make a fuss the noise of the pellet stricking it is enough to spook all his mates into hiding for the next half hour.

Erebus1197's Response to chad46's Review

Written on: 01/12/2006

I have just got in after a night of shooting. First I used my Logun gun lamp, and got a fair few rabbits. I then tried my buddies 500,000 candle power lamp, and guess what? Every single bunny in a 1000m radius took off like a rat out of an aqueduct. A VERY BAD IDEA for shooting. As soon as it was turned on nothing was visible, apart from a few myxi rabbits, which I dispatched to put them out of their misery. I will stick to the Logun; you stick to the 500,000. Bet you a dollar I'll get more bunnies...

Bebbo's Response to chad46's Review

Written on: 15/11/2006

The point is, for one man lamping the Logun Gun Lamp is fine. For brighter lamps, maybe you should consider going in two's or more, and getting someone to carry a bigger lamp. The Logun Lamp meets a need, and it does so pretty well.

231391_Spavo 1's Response to chad46's Review

Written on: 24/02/2006

Have to agree there. Surely the whole point is that the rabbit shouldn't notice the lamp. I have tried the big hand held lamps and have consistently found that all they do is send every creature for 500 yards legging it. If you had 35 rabbits with this method then my sincere congratulations to you (they must have been wearing sun glasses though!)

Erebus1197's Response to chad46's Review

Written on: 18/02/2006

So, this reviewer wants a lamp that the rabbits DO NOT ignore, and will probably bolt away never to be seen again. Would it not be beneficial for a lamp that the quarry ignores so you do not spook them and therefore have an easier shot on a totally ignorant target!

“I have had one of the Logun Gun Lamps a few weeks,...”

Written on: 14/09/2005 by dezys (7 reviews written)

I have had one of the Logun Gun Lamps a few weeks, used it for about 30 mins ,cost £85 with filters .No good for lamping rabbits it's not powerful enough . Hasn't got the strengh to hold them . Used it twice and bulb went . Rang up were I bought it from for a replacment and they hadn't got one . Said they were about £13 from Logun . Told me to get the same bulb from diy shop 6v 34 watts £2. The lamp I am talking about is the Smart Lamp ,take my word if you want it for rabbiting don't bother get… Read Full Review

Erebus1197's Response to dezys's Review

Written on: 06/01/2008

I disagree with this review because I have been using this lamp for a fair few years now and it is perfect for bunnies.<P>
It does hold them well, up to about 50 yards, and they seem to be oblivious to it 50-100 yards.<P>
It does not work above the 100 yard range, but most air rifles (except FAC ones...) are no way near powerful enough for that range.

“Fitted to a BSA Lightning with Hawke Reflex 3 - 9 x 50...”

Written on: 01/01/2004 by Fireball Sailor (4 reviews written)

Fitted to a BSA Lightning with Hawke Reflex 3 - 9 x 50 scope it makes a lethal combo, illuminating quarry at 100+ yrds… Read Full Review

Chinstrap's Response to Fireball Sailor's Review

Written on: 19/10/2004

I would be interested to know if this lamp is adequate for going after rabbits or should I be looking at something else more powerful?

Karl31's Response to Fireball Sailor's Review

Written on: 14/03/2005

its fine for rabbits

“its logun, so its quality kit, very VERY compact, and...”

Written on: 06/08/2003 by gaz gun man (5 reviews written)

its logun, so its quality kit, very VERY compact, and powerful too, for such a small gun lamp, having it clamped on dosent effect the rifles balance, and it removes quickly, the battery is small, compared to other, bigger gun lamps (this one is 6volt) I wear an assault vest when lamping and the battery just slips into one of the pockets, the lead is long enough and the push-click button is velcro'd onto your rifles stock. the lamp has a removeable front section, which when removed, opens up the… Read Full Review

“This is an excellent gun lamp for close range shooting...”

Written on: 05/08/2003 by Mort2282uk (1 review written)

This is an excellent gun lamp for close range shooting it lights up an effective area of about 100 yrds, its very light and compact so it is very unobtrusive and is easily fitted to the rifle. The battery is easily kept in your pocket on on your belt so it doesnt affect gun handleing. I have this teamed up with a deben hawke 3-9x50 illuminated reticule scope on a Falcon raptor lighthunter rifle and do alot of ratting with this set up to a high level of success. Havent tried the filters yet… Read Full Review