Weihrauch HW80 Reviews

Media Gallery for Weihrauch HW80

Weihrauch HW80
Weihrauch HW80

“"Lucky me"”

Written on: 15/02/2014 by pottemagarn (1 review written)

Still loving Her! Can`t find any negative a`bout Her! (Not even the wheigt)... I`m will keep Her forever!.....If You`r buing this rifle....: You will notice!… Read Full Review

“REAL POWERHOUSE”

Written on: 23/07/2012

This is my 2nd HW80. Great weihrauch build quality and fantastic trigger unit. There are many positives about this rifle and these could be said about most Weihrauch rifles. There is also a couple of so so comments to make. The stock styling isn`t as attractive as say an HW95. The fore end looks kinda out dated and old fashioned compared to other WEihrauchs. Still, it feels good in the hand. I don`t know whats going on here but it feels more powerful when the trigger is pulled. Like the… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2012

Have to agree on the power thing with the 80s. Pretty borderline and can really throw out a pellet. Where i disagree though is a rifle with a pound or so of power less shoots much nicer.

Pottemagarn's Comment

Written on: 22/12/2012

Hello! I`m a beginner, but begun with a "Big Gun" :namely the HW 80 K cal:25"/6,3 mm! This "toy" is the most loveley and the most "Superb" airgun I`ve ever hold in my hand! The "accuranty".....Ah! The design...Ah!
The power, and the handling......Ah! Love this rifle!:))

“One year and still going strong”

Written on: 14/06/2012 by Nec_V20 (9 reviews written)

I have now had my Weihrauch HW80 for about a year and I have not yet found something to dislike about it. I like the open sights of the HW80, I do however think that aperture sights are superior. The only thing is that I have been put off by the horrendous price of buying a quality one. But £70 for the Williams sight, two screw in apertures and postage to the UK is well worth it to me. So when the sight arrives, the good thing will only have gotten better. The rifle itself is as accurate as… Read Full Review

Sawal96's Response to Nec_V20's Review

Written on: 14/07/2014

Thank you for the review. But I wish you had mentioned the caliber of your gun

Nec_V20's reply to Sawal96's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2014

That was my bad, I have the .177 calibre of the HW80.

I have now put a lot more tins of pellets through the rifle and still it is rock solid.

I am sorry for the oversight in my original post.

“most wonderful air rifle ever; found it in a shed when...”

Written on: 25/03/2012 by Taidgh (2 reviews written)

most wonderful air rifle ever; found it in a shed when i moved into my new house was a shame the stock was dented the rifle rusty took me two weeks to tune her but after that i noticed i had a rabbit and crow population i went down and bought a tin of RWS super domes after that the population seemed to dwindle i was taking out targets at ranges further than my pcp brocock enigma. the hw80 is quiet, accurate, and packs one hell of a punch there is no better springer on the market the only… Read Full Review

“"Lucky me"!”

Written on: 24/03/2012

I´ve bought this fantastic rifle from "Hurricane" in Sweden, and have a`n "Exellent" support, from this supplier! Nothing is any problem! Just the way it should be! ...My weapon is the largest, 6.35,so it can "Deliver"...;accuraty and velocity! I`m very happy for this "item" I`m just can`t find anything negative about it...... maybe the weight?( I`ve allso own a`n pcp "FX F12Whisper cal:22" and this are a very light weapon, so...,okay the weight is maybe a problem....if You are "weak"!… Read Full Review

“Considering buying a HW80?”

Written on: 11/02/2012 by Drew_yorks (1 review written)

Hi, About a year ago, following a few years absence, I recently got back into shooting. Mainly being fuelled by a lack of things to do on a Sunday afternoon combined with a recent purchase of a house with a large garden (that and a slight dose of peer pressure from my in-laws who frequently 'hunt to eat') I decided to pop down to my local 'boyz toyz' store to see what I could find to keep me entertained. My shooting skills and interests from my younger days were retained to 'plinking' in my… Read Full Review

“I have had my hw80 since 1985 when they first came...”

Written on: 25/03/2011 by bunglebungle (2 reviews written)

I have had my hw80 since 1985 when they first came out. They are so easy to service and change the main spring. I use eley wasps 5.5ml rabbits instantly die at a range of 45-50 meters. there are no bits of cheep plastic in this rifle. I also have got pcp rifles but i find they have got no soul. I keep going back to my hw80. Ideal for any air gunner who wants to get their F.A.C. once you have got that fit a full length spring,it will get rid of the twang and replace it with a firm wack, you will… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to bunglebungle's Review

Written on: 17/11/2011

I asked my local gunsmith what would be the best most powerful spring to put in my hw80 and he went into the back and brought me out a hw80 that had been tuned by venom to do 16fp and the metal chamber had blown open at the scope rails, right on the dovetail. So mine is stayin at 12fp.

Bunglebungle's Response to bunglebungle's Review

Written on: 02/01/2012

Bunglebungle

The modern hw80s have a shorter cylinder, mine is the old type, they are built for the german market and run at 16 foot lb in 177 and 18foot lb in 22. i have used a titan fac spring. never been any problems.

“bought a fac hw80k about a year ago through hull uk,...”

Written on: 18/02/2011 by ydarbd (3 reviews written)

bought a fac hw80k about a year ago through hull uk, found the short 12 inch barrel very fussy. grouping wasn't great either although power was right up there using 5.53 H & N field target trophy. the short barrel seemed very loose fitting when putting pellets into the breach. it didnt like accupel of jsb exact or any other of the usual quality brands. bought in a full length hw80 barrel and has it cut back to 16.25 inches and threaded 1/2 x 20 unf and fitteded weihrauch's own brand… Read Full Review

“very good indeed”

Written on: 17/01/2011

very good indeed… Read Full Review

“I bought this air rifle a year ago and i dont regret...”

Written on: 22/12/2010 by B3NLONGTON (1 review written)

I bought this air rifle a year ago and i dont regret it. Besides being a little heavy its powerful and accurate. ive got a 3-9x40 scope on it and can shoot targets the size of a spoon head at 60 yards and hit it with power. i would recommend this to anyone especially if your just getting into shooting because this is my second rifle and im pleased. kills rabbits, pigeons and rats instantly. a nice shot 5***:)… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to B3NLONGTON's Review

Written on: 08/01/2012

if its your second rifle make sure its your last you will not not get a better allround gun been shooting them for twenty five years

“Bought my HW80k about 17yrs agon now and have just had...”

Written on: 27/09/2010 by bugsy999 (7 reviews written)

Bought my HW80k about 17yrs agon now and have just had it re-sprung and serviced, its still pushing out max power and still puts pellets into a tight group at 30yds. .177 cal is best and though I've had .22 which hits a target harder the .177 is better for accuracy which makes up for the rifles cumbersome weight.

I have a tasco 3-9x40 scope, walnut stock with tyrolean cheek piece, plaited leather swing, and webley moderator. And still after 17yrs it'd fetch about 250 quid 2nd hand. But I… Read Full Review

Silaikapthiem's Response to bugsy999's Review

Written on: 29/09/2012

I owned HW80 .22 FAC version when I was in Africa for about 2 and a 1/2 years, and killed at least 500 birds permitted under hunting licence. Since I left Africa, i left my gun as well. Now I own RWS 350 .22 magnum. I liked both air rifles but I prefer RWS 350 .22 magnum. Both HW80 .22 and RWS 350 .22 have the same accuracy, shooting behaviour and pellet choices (at least for me), but I prefer to own permanently the 350 .22 magnum as it is more powerful and can shoot longer distance and much more accurate when shooting target at longer distance. If you own HW80 .22, try RWWS 350 .22 magnum as well. Both are for good collections. Cheers and safe shooting, please.

“I have owned my HW80 .22 for over 10 years. It is as...”

Written on: 23/09/2010 by simona050 (4 reviews written)

I have owned my HW80 .22 for over 10 years. It is as solidly reliable and accurate as the day I bought it new and I cannot praise this rifle highly enough. I use a Simmons Whitetail 3.5-14X40 scope and the pellet of choice is H&N Field & Target Trophy. At 30 metres zero, it puts pellet after pellet through the same hole and that's all the range accuracy I need for Rabbits, Rats and Corvids. To make it perfect, there are plenty of custom stock makers who can make the perfect stock for it but… Read Full Review

“i got mine about a year ago and standard since i have...”

Written on: 07/08/2010

i got mine about a year ago and standard since i have fitted xs mainspring and put a 2mm washer infront of piston and its pushing 20ftlb it accurate to about 50meters and hits every shot a good set of scopes set to correct range help loads and i found domed accupells are the best pellet everything else seems to distort, i oil pellets before use which helps massively i can hit a bottle top at 50meters once in every 3 shots no joke though it takes practice and patients adjusting the sites. it… Read Full Review

Bugsy999's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2010

If your rifle is pushing 20ftlb's then I hope you have a FAC, also if you fit a mainspring that powerful to a HW80, there is no way in the world it would be as accurate as you say with the pellets you claim to use.
<br/>
<br/>If you want accuracy with such high power you need a heavier pellet as the extra push of the compressed air, forces the pellet tail to accelerate faster than the head, (cos it's lighter) and the result is a pellet that tries to tumble and hence goes of target.
<br/>
<br/>Also there is an extremely high possibility that your internal components are at risk of damage due to such a powerful mainspring. Such as your spring guide and seals.

Ydarbd's Comment

Written on: 01/01/2011

i agree that the accupel do a great job in a fac hw80.... pellet on pellet out of mine pushin 19ft lbs tru the chrono....

“what do u think about ultra premium kit with ox...”

Written on: 26/07/2010

what do u think about ultra premium kit with ox accelerator from tw chamber? Is it good for hw80?… Read Full Review

“ well dear hw 80 users this mega power has got me all...”

Written on: 29/06/2010

well dear hw 80 users this mega power has got me all over. i placed a blank cd 70 meters. got me two pellets and got both. its powerfull and accurate… Read Full Review

“Hi, everybody. I am a regular contributor here in this...”

Written on: 21/06/2010

Hi, everybody. I am a regular contributor here in this review centre for HW80 .22 caliber. I want to share you my latest experience on HW80. Two weeks back I bought a pig head from a butcher. At home within my walled yard I placed the pig head at a distance of 28 metres to be exact. I shot right on the forehead within an area of about 3 inches diameter. The 5.5mm H&N FTT pellet went through the forehead skull and passed through the brain and almost exited behind the head. The heavier 5.5mm… Read Full Review

Weihrauchman's Comment

Written on: 22/10/2010

I found this review very helpful because... it gives a good insight into the penetrative power of the HW80 when matched with its ideal pellet.
<br/>
<br/>An adult pig,wild pig or boar is a very tough and hardy beast - to be able to penetrate the skull of one like that shows the awesome power of these german rifles - plus I am going to try the pellet polishing method myself

“hw 80 in standard fac trim no mods,unknown foot...”

Written on: 29/05/2010

hw 80 in standard fac trim no mods,unknown foot poundage,would penetrate 1/2 inch ply wood at 45yards,only bug bear is keeping it still to hit any thing,holes look like rim fire 22,cracking rifle,a bit heavy though,those german manufacturers know how to build… Read Full Review

“I have been writing my reviews on HW80 .22 which I...”

Written on: 17/05/2010

I have been writing my reviews on HW80 .22 which I have owned for about four months now. The more I shoot, the more I got good results. Yesterday evening, 16th May 2010, I went for short recreational hunting and shot down four doves and one wild duck in a span of about 30 minutes. The H&N .22 FTT pellet which I trusted completely failed me as evening wind was blowing. I used the extra-heavy pellet of H&N Diabolo Baracuda .22 for yesterday's hunting. The last pigeon I shot was at a distance of… Read Full Review

“had the hw 80 over 20 years ,these rifles are easy to...”

Written on: 09/05/2010

had the hw 80 over 20 years ,these rifles are easy to service and maintain anybody with any issiues drop me a email at mashman36@hotmail.com.and i will do my best to help.Be very aware that it doesnt take alot to put these rifles over the 12ft/lb limit in the uk and would then have to registered on a F.A.C.AND ONCE THERE ON IT STAYS ON !
if you do decide to tune the rifle it can give accuracy and pellet stability issues so you then need to use a heavy larger grain pellet otherwise youd get… Read Full Review

Jf Castro's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2010

I found this review very helpful because...Mr. `Mashman' owned his HW-80 for over 20 years, and from what I gather, he still fires it on a regular basis due well in part to his abilty to disassemble/reassemble/maintain his rifle. Excellent show!

“iv bought a wh80 but dont have a clue how to get...”

Written on: 02/04/2010

iv bought a wh80 but dont have a clue how to get spring out could any 1 please help me with my problame thanks… Read Full Review

Ydarbd's Comment

Written on: 26/04/2010

check out any of the video/picture strip downs for weihrauch airguns online (hw97k for example), they all come apart in the same way. alternatively you can buy a video of a stripdown online through ebay.. there are a few things to watch out for; mainsprings under compression and a spring compressor is needed to safely disassemble it, safety catch is spring loaded too and you dont want it flying out.... t.r. robb UK does a specific video on both the hw80 and hw97k...copies on ebay for as little as '2.....njy

Guest's Comment

Written on: 17/11/2011

go to youtube a german guy shows you how to do it. Type in hw80 dissasembly.