Aldi Reviews

• Layout of shop

Aldi - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Aldi

Aldi

“Good quality food! Most of my shopping is done there.”

Written on: 16/06/2016 by 151Chapman (1 review written)

Buy all my staples (weekly items) there. Have shopped there for over 10 years. Only a few items I have been disappointed with. We save so much money by shopping there. Love their organic line of food. Great cheeses, wine, herbs & spices. We really enjoy holiday items. I love that you don't have to choose from so many brands. Keeps my ADD in check. :). We actually prefer the Aldi brand over brand name at other super markets. We love their weekly special buys. The only thing about that is… Read Full Review

“Dissapointing”

Written on: 19/05/2016 by WannabeExpertCommentor (1 review written)

Expected the best (at least acceptable) and found the worst; cleanliness, off and house brands, employee attitude. Wandered and wondered hw thus chair had garnered such great comments from users, the media in the Orlando area. The West Palm Beach store we visited did not live up to any measure of the competition. And we were shocked. And disappointed. We will not return to any Aldi… Read Full Review

“Great Value and Avaliability”

Written on: 01/03/2016 by KaelaLee88 (3 reviews written)

We have been shopping at our local Aldi for around 1 year now and having been to other supermarkets, we find Aldi to be the best value and to have the best variety of foods for our requirements. We are frugal shoppers who buy Value or lowest cost alternative if value is not available and we also are vegetarian. There is significant research that shows that people who spend more time in a particular shop doing their shopping, will spend significantly more. This is not a concern at Aldi as the… Read Full Review

“General disrespect for customers”

Written on: 12/02/2016 by Hatkin (1 review written)

I first started shopping at Aldi about 2.5 years ago. I then found it very good value for the goods I bought and had a generally relaxed experience in the store. Over the last 9 months I have found a general deterioration in customer treatment. I have been nearly run down by a trolley with no apology. I felt invisible as a store manager stood directly in front of me to stack items as I was looking at something. Although not short I had to ask for help from a staff member to get something… Read Full Review

“Excellant prices wholsome foods fresh”

Written on: 04/02/2016 by mjHay42 (1 review written)

My experiences at Aldi have been good. My biggest complaint not enough items. They are missing some of the most basic items examples bacon, only 2 kinds of cheese, no whole milk just reduced fat, two flavors of ice cream; chocolate and vanilla very few meats no ground beef and other things like that maybe that is just our local store I really don't know. The positives really good snacks. Crackers for a dollar less than sold elsewhere. European chocolate for prices unbelievable. Very fresh… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/02/2016

Dear consumer / potential ("valued") Aldi Supermarket customer,

This is to warn you about things you need to know, about Aldi Supermarket. Whose halo has slipped, it is disturbingly apparent.

It is an unregulated 'Rogue Trader' among 'Rogue Traders'. This factuality was exposed in a Channel 4 TV 'Dispatches' documentary programme, shown on
Monday 9 November 2015. Entitled "Aldi's Supermarket Secrets; an undercover investigation into the supermarket's practices" Check it out, first...

Aldi acts true to the type exposed by the 'Dispatches' investigation of it; in an anarchistic, manner in contempt of both employment laws, and workers rights. And of Trading Standards, and Consumer protection laws.

It disputes and denies the material reality of a problem with the sealing of 25 gram (multi-pack) bags of 'Snackrite' crisps.
This has existed for the last two to three years, at the (779) Beverley, East Yorkshire store. As store management are well aware.

The problem is now so long term, and involving (prohibitive) cost of replacement issues, that Aldi now unscrupulously chooses to challenge, and dispute, rather than A/ offer a replacement unconditionally. And B/ to direct it's attention to rectifying the (obvious) fault on the packaging machinery at the factory.

This was made known in a 16 January 2016 E-Mailed letter to Aldi - which has been treated with the contempt of an outfit following the modus operandi of a North Korean tyrant dictatorship. Check it out...

This involves variously: puncturing, tearing and / or incomplete sealing of packets of crisps; around the joining of the seam, and the top / bottom seals.
Since the 16 January 2016 E-Mailed letter to Aldi (below mentioned) a further 7 packets of faulty sealed packets have manifested. Which I simply wish for Aldi to exchange by agreement, without subjection of it's "valued customer" to the tyrant anarchy exposed to the public domain, herein.

The issue is that Aldi are knowingly, and consciously selling product of unmerchantable quality, which is inedible.
But are now choosing to disreputably deny customers their statutory rights, scandalously.

It for example attempted to deal with the matter by telephone - for obvious ulterior motives, and hidden agenda. Rather than in a scrupulous, and principled manner; in a like manner to the method of contact (E-Mailed letter).
It has acted in contempt of my expressed wish for it to deal with the matter as requested. Then refusing to take any further action - and at the same time expressing hope of settling the matter to my satisfaction; and to looking forward to my continuing unconditional 'valued' custom.
And then duplicitously denying the problem was being encountered at any other Aldi store. Corruptly...

It stands to reason that a product with a common manufacturing defect, emanating from the same factory producing for Aldi; distributed to Aldi stores nationwide, cannot by definition be unique to one particular store; by the dictatorship of Aldi. Is it not the case?

N.B. The matter has been taken up with Local Authority Trading Standards / Consumer protection Departments.
However, the system now operating under the Cameron regime of 'austerity measure' cuts in public spending means that contact must be by national CAB. Who may, or may not refer the case (sans documentary evidence of case) to the local authority. Who will then decline to take the case up in the public interest - as opposed to the "hard capitalistic,
vested interests" who operate on the basis of a North Korean tyrant dictatorship. (State sponsored).

Thus the applicable laws governing timely exchange / refund on faulty goods are recited - but than acted in total contempt of when it comes to the point of enforcement...
The case (CAB Enquiry Ref: AW13311661) entails a response from the parties of tyrant anarchy, dictating that in order to effect redress the consumer has to undertake a small claims court case off his own bat.

CAB / local 'authority' corruptly disclaiming any moral, ethical and legal obligation, or onus to take appropriate action on behalf of the cheated consumer. Anarchy rules OK. Caveat Emptor / voters at the next local, and, general elections...

The facts in evidence, of 'string' E-Mailed letters to Aldi; and Aldi replies can be forwarded to anyone interested, upon application. And you may see for yourself.
E.G. Aldi duplicitously allowing store managers discretion to manage stores as they see fit; whilst also "sticking to the guidelines and procedures set by head office to ensure that all the stores have continuity with one another"...

N.B. 'CAB' contact E-Mail address quoted in view of such being duplicitously withheld in the first instance. Only being made known if, and when any case is judged to be appropriate for progression - in the absence of documentary
evidence of case which needs to be accepted, and taken in consideration in the first instance...

Monthlycheapshopper's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2016

Since I don't live in the UK and have not seen such practices here I can't comment and will shop until such time I have a problem. If Aldi behaves in such a way in the US I am sure there will be backlash to face here. If you don't like it you don't have to buy it. The ultimate protest is not to shop there.

Written on: 12/02/2016

Monthlycheapshopper:

If you don't live in England; and if you don't have any experience of the issues exposed by British shoppers, and haven't seen such practices, what qualification do you have to make the comments you indulge in?

It is woolly-minded people of you ilk who sustain the anarchy engaged in by these 'Rogue Trader' entities. And who do not recognise the "backlash" taking place in England.

Given the consumer scandals seen in the US in recent times (i.e. VW emissions cheat software scandal) et all, be wary of speaking to soon. As well as on issues you are not party to; and self-evidently don't have a grasp, and understanding of.

And as for: "If you don't like it you don't have to buy it"; that is the argument of the subversives who speak similarly in the matter of e.g. covert surveillance monitoring (eavesdropping)of the general population by the state authorities.

Who argue in justification of their anarchy that 'if you have have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear' except when special branch break down your door on the basis of erroneous (so-called) 'intelligence...

Did you not stop to think about the position, regarding having ALREADY shopped. And facing an unlawful reluctance on the part of Aldi to give effect to shopper's rights, to unconditional replacement of goods knowingly sold, in unmerchantable condition.
What about that; or is that outside of you range of comprehension? Do you have any connection with Aldi / big business; state authority?

Written on: 04/06/2016

This is an update to my original posting.

The problem which has been brought to the attention of Aldi, continues, unbelievably.

I have undertaken their customer satisfaction survey; as I heard a store worker advise a customer to give them feedback, as they took notice of what you say.

The text below is what I stated, further to answering one of the rating questions. Which then asks for further description of the problem identified.

"In spite of 'Whistleblower' correspondence with Aldi, re own brand 'Snack Rite' crisps bag sealing problem, nothing has been done about this. Even though a £10 voucher has been issued in compensation to me.
On 15 May 2016 I purchased 12 '6 packs' of plain crisps. Out of which no less than 6, (50%) each had one faulty (improperly sealed) bag.
Whilst exchange of product not of merchantable quality took place without the previous quibbling, some of the replacement packs were similarly faulty".

And also as to the unreliable, and erratic availability of potatoes. Which on the day consisted of three skips - nearly empty - of a tasteless variety, 'Melody'.

“millville cereal cinnamon toast crunch ”

Written on: 04/02/2016 by 1976Brady (1 review written)

When you get to the bottom of the bag that grain at the bottom it's so sharp it cut my tongue 3 times I wouldn't buy nothing else from aldi and on top of that there stores are never stocked especially the one on Moreland avenue… Read Full Review

“crumbly all butter 6 mince pies”

Written on: 20/12/2015 by sonnynorton (1 review written)

MY DAUGHTER WHO IS ALSO MY CARER PURCHASED THE MINCE PIES FOR A TREAT FOR MYSELF. ON EATING ONE I MUST SAY THAT IN MY 77YEARS THAT THEY ARE BY FAR THE BEST THAT I HAVE EATEN MR H.NORTON… Read Full Review

“worse store in history”

Written on: 16/12/2015 by Spears500 (1 review written)

really bad store get charged for parking even when you have spent money in there and some of the food is out of date and things are just tossed around… Read Full Review

“ No Push & Shove”

Written on: 14/12/2015 by Kochqi408 (1 review written)

Today I shopped at Aldi for the first time and experienced rude staff and behaviour in favour of your own company policy according to the supervisor who I spoke to afterwards. Whilst she did apologise she also supported the "shove your goods and customer" through the check out asap to avoid log queues thus squashing goods and irritating customers. I do understand your loading area shelf but I didn't know that we had to abide by such strict rules which after my complaint was corrected by the… Read Full Review

“Where is German products?”

Written on: 13/09/2015 by Leonel409 (1 review written)

One of the Aldi's location in Houston ,TX is very compact which is not bad, but where is the actual German products? I'm from Europe , and I love German Persil detergent, I wished I could find it in Aldi, but there is NONE! You claimed Aldi store German, make it real! A lot of European people would love to shop there, make it possible… Read Full Review

“Totally fantastic value”

Written on: 31/08/2015

Since I started shopping at Aldi I've cut my food bill. All fresh produce and bakery products last far beyond bigger supermarket brands, with a far longer use by date and are quality. Meat, dairy & frozen are top notch quality too. Ladies...you must try their Q10 anti wrinkle cream, its fantastic!! Sorry though...can't think of anything l dont like. Try it once and see the difference it makes… Read Full Review

“Absolute disgrace!!!!!!!”

Written on: 20/08/2015 by Brice400 (1 review written)

We normally shopped at Tesco. I am just recovering from a Hysterectomy post operative 3rd week.My husband does not like to shop at Aldi due to the fact in comparison between Aldi products to Tesco, Tesco is more reliable but I have no problem about it. He made acception on this occasion due to my condition as Aldi is just a short distance drive to our home. I normally do the food shopping but he came along this time to help. We bought lots of items to stock up. Therefore when we got to the… Read Full Review

“How can anyone justify shopping at an Aldi's”

Written on: 29/06/2015 by Joselyne405 (1 review written)

AVOID AT ALL COST. Aldi supermarkets are an absolute disgrace. Their staff are absolutely vile, one young lady at their bedworth girl called my grandfather "stupid" after he asked her to move a plant pot which she had irresponsibly placed in the checkout isle and that is just one experience of many. Their shops are disgusting, everything is left in the isle ao no one can move, the shops are actually dirty. Queues are ridiculous and their car parks? Avoid them!… Read Full Review

“poor customer service”

Written on: 19/06/2015 by 110Malloy (1 review written)

Having difficulty getting them to change a one week old cycle helmet which is not fit for purpose due to chin strap snapping They want a receipt which I haven't got Asked me to go to store and tell them all the items I bought plus the time and date These are just obstructive tactics so they don't have to replace a defective item Appalling… Read Full Review

Grumpyyoungwoman's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2015

If you paid on card they should accept a bank statement If there system is anything like most retailers the date, rough time and rough amount of transaction should be enough. If not the date and last four digits of your card will be plenty

“check your receipts”

Written on: 20/04/2015 by Brayloni220 (1 review written)

Hi all, I work at aldi, Tottenham. at aldi you get quality and a very good price well most of the time. Aldi make a lot of money by missleading on price. As a till assistant from my own experience there's a hundred maybe more items that they display one price but when you are at the till is total different. If you doing a large shop and you don't check your receipt you will never know. But I have customers at my till with two items , and customers know exactly what they have to pay. Until you… Read Full Review

Knowurrights's Comment

Written on: 25/05/2015

its been noticed by me, and they been pulled up on it too, i've noticed that aldi are changing there price very very often, and some items have been rising by quite a lot, but recent they have reduced a quite a bit, but price changing all the time is something that is not good for aldi they do not have the staff to back it up.

although the big issue is the mess of the shop, boxes and crates pallets etc... all over the place this is not a good look for new customers.

The next issue is some of these crazy special buys a few months ago they where selling cold and flu for 1.29 and you can get the same identical item from £1 shops, electriclal items are now so poor too dab radios that don;t show the correct time etc...

sales are already evening out, be careful aldi be careful

Sushimom's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2016

I have had MANY problems with this very thing! Almost every time I go to Aldi, they overcharge me for some mistake! I knew this couldn't be happening over and over at different Aldi stores! I always add in my head before I check out.

Sushimom's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2016

“Poor service and obstructed aisles”

Written on: 20/04/2015 by Braydonu60 (1 review written)

I went to the store in Meir, Stoke on Trent yesterday. It was an absolute shambles! There were 4 out of 6 checkouts open with customers queuing down the aisles despite the notices that more would be opened if customers passed a downward pointing arrow. I asked why there was non-compliance to be informed that it was changed over time. Also the aisles were obstructed at every turn with stock awaiting display. I tried to communicate via "tellaldi.com" but the site just "times out" after some 30… Read Full Review

“Third world shop”

Written on: 31/03/2015

Tried new branch at Arnold- never again. Difficult to park, poor layout, no items advertised as specials available. Felt like shopping in an aircraft hanger. The biggest deception is the cost, all their advertising is misleading. Example compare Moët and Chandon champagne against their own cheap version. You never see them compare their brands to other supermarket own brands. Agree other comments re rude staff, and checkout delays. Also asked where the Almond milk was and rudely told they… Read Full Review

“Gluten Free Labeling”

Written on: 08/03/2015

Because I have Celiac disease I have to stick to a gluten-free diet. The thing I like most about Aldi is the gluten-free labeling on their products. I don't have to read all the ingredients and make an educated guess whether or not I can eat a particular item. I just have to look for the GF label. If it is gluten-free, Aldi's label indicates that it is gluten-free. I also love their prices!!… Read Full Review

“Rotten from the top.....poor management”

Written on: 10/02/2015 by CayleeLarkin206 (1 review written)

This is my 2nd time I write to you This time it's about the weekly add that came out had strawberries in it for $1.59 pk. I went to the store Saturday, and the lady manager said.....ohh I got the palette. but I can't get to it now, tomorrow morning at 6:30 am, it will be out on the shelf I come the next day....same thing....I talk to her (Manager lady) she tells me the same thing....I said I asked you yesterday and you said I have the stuff in the storage but can't get to it.....come tomorrow… Read Full Review

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 12/01/2015 by jtBragg424 (1 review written)

I always enjoy shopping at Aldi, food always good and at a reasonable price. A lot of variety,I t's the one shop I like to shop at most The only thing I don't like is the staff are not very friendly not willing to help, they won't move for you if they are stocking up, you have to wait on them finishing, they look like they are rushed of there feet but that wouldn't stop me shopping at ildi , I shop there every week and always will… Read Full Review