Morrisons Reviews

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Summary

Do you stop at Morrisons? Do you live mean a morrisons store, but shop elsewhere. Tell us what you think of Morrisons, their staff, their food and anything else you would like to include.
Morrisons - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Morrisons

Morrisons
Morrisons

“Terrible service at Cafe”

Written on: 09/07/2014 by Fraser461 (1 review written)

A Morrison's store cafe in Cardff gave the worst service I've ever experienced. Last Monday, 7th July, My parents and I decided to have a late lunch at the Morrison's store in Newport Road, Rumney, Cardiff. We ordered one fish & chips, one Hunter's Chicken, and a children's size burger & chips. We paid for our meals at 1.56pm (time stamped on the receipt), took a table number, chose a table and waited. After nearly half an hour waiting I went to complain. It turned out I wasn't alone in… Read Full Review

“Poor experience at Caterham”

Written on: 03/07/2014

What is happening to the store at Caterham? Outside, the shopping centre has spent many weeks putting in new paving that, if it was a firm I employed for my drive, I would have sacked by now. If we're lucky they might be finished by 2020. It puts you off visiting the centre and Morrison's, Meanwhile more shops in the centre continue to close. As the biggest store in the centre, can't Morrison's exert some pressure on the contractors to employ more than two workman? Outside the store, the… Read Full Review

“Service was slow, staff were unfriendly and horrible...”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by OryR (1 review written)

Shocking service, unfriendly staff and the food in the cafe was cold and took 25 minutes. Don't eat here and to be honest I wouldn't shop here. It's horrible!… Read Full Review

“very rude staff ”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by gallowgate (2 reviews written)

was in Morrison store byker Newcastle ne6,got my health lottery and daily star & evening chronicle, as i walked away i noticed that the girl on the till did not give me a till receipt ,so as i was only away for a minute i asked her for it,well she did not like it one bit and was twisting her face, she could not fined it so another girl came over and said that she has not got all day trying to fined a till receipt,so i left after doing my main shopping i looked ate the till receipt and found… Read Full Review

“Racial ”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by fpDempsey204 (1 review written)

Dear mr Morrison I am very disappointed to say as an Asian male living in a bradford where there is a lot Asian culture. I went to the supermarket to shop for baby food. Being a Asian Muslim British I found very small variety of halal baby food on aisles. Major of them was not halal and veg selection was very small. As proud shopper of morrisons could I ask for you to put in more variety of option for children in Asian and Muslim cultural baby food please. Please consider my request. Thank you… Read Full Review

“Morrisons online shopping delivery”

Written on: 10/06/2014

I was extremely impressed with Morrisons delivery service and still am - you can't fault the service of the drivers. If there are any breakages they refund you and you keep the items. (eg. eggs). But I have just noticed that some items are over-priced and you can't get the same offer items online that you can get instore. (eg. satsumas and potatoes) You can only buy what is available online so you end up missing out on lots of offers. This is because the food comes from a massive warehouse… Read Full Review

“poor quality meat”

Written on: 08/06/2014 by sixtyonesixtyone (1 review written)

I don't shop at Morrison's but have done recently,won't be returning.Purchased a leg of pork joint,not cheap but had no taste whatsoever good job we had Apple sauce! Kept waiting at the till fifteen minutes,the operator couldn't give the customer in front of me a refund-needed a supervisor but none to be found.nOn return visit for me!… Read Full Review

“Terrible service”

Written on: 21/05/2014 by Elliana408 (1 review written)

Just like to say how disgusted I am with the West Denton Branch. Used to shop there all of the time and buy savings stamps for Christmas until they went downhill. Only been back a few times, but thought I would give it one last chance tonight ! OMG - they had NO melons, cottage cheese, fromaise frais, yoghurts, mince, vegetables. Asked one of the assistants and he said you have come at an unfortunate time we have had no deliveries !!!! YOU ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS ARNT YOU. IT WOULD BE GOOD TO… Read Full Review

“Improve on your fresh vegetable selection”

Written on: 08/05/2014 by Randallg244 (1 review written)

Really disappointed with the quality of fresh produce at Morrisons and would suggest investment in different varieties. In particular I have consistently have found fruit and vegetables purchased to be tasteless. Another note to the retailer is to put a link on their website for comment/feedback that does not require personal details to be submitted. It looks as if you don't want to hear from us!… Read Full Review

“check receipt”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by 451Figueroa (1 review written)

Please check your receipt before leaving store as I have found every other week a mistake especially with the offers not being given, it's always in Morrison's favour… Read Full Review

“Best home divery service, bar-none”

Written on: 14/04/2014 by mhHolland379 (1 review written)

I have used Tesco for the past 10 years, but we prefer Morrisons own brand products. I liked the website which was easy to use, clear and straightforward. I received a text this morning to let me know that my delivery would be arriving at my selected time and there were no items missing. The driver arrived on time and was polite and helpful. Unlike Tesco, he carried the crates on a cart. He said if there were any items that I didn't consider to be fresh, they would replace them. The bags were… Read Full Review

“Service Disgusting”

Written on: 02/04/2014 by Peasie456 (1 review written)

Ordered Wine on a Friday morning and paid for next day delivery. I received email an hour later to say it had left the warehouse, so waited in all Saturday to no avail. on Sunday afternoon called them to find out why and was assured it was a glitch and order would be there on Monday. Late Monday arrived and half the order appeared and that was it. Called again and used Facebook to highlight issues but didn't get very far. eventually after more call a person called to say the remaining wine had… Read Full Review

“close down morrisons”

Written on: 01/04/2014 by Ariannak282 (1 review written)

Never again will i shop at morrisons, 20 years a loyal customer but they have gone one step too far this time. I know its only around £4000 a year in store plus about £2000 on petrol so no big loss to them but hey their loss is now Sainsbury's gain… Read Full Review

Japanesa's Comment

Written on: 19/05/2014

Too many short dated or out of stock items. I can no longer do a 'weekly shop' there due to the lack of choice so they have lost my loyalty too.

“Disgusting store hygiene / cleanliness - Loughton store”

Written on: 28/03/2014 by roseman1 (1 review written)

Email sent to CEO with no response!: Dear Mr Philips, Today I had the total displeasure of visiting your Loughton store. Every month I pass through Loughton for meetings and often pick up a sandwich from your store. However after todays visit I shall be looking for alternative places for my lunch and evening shops, let alone restroom stops. Please find attached images taken today around 11.30am. Images 3232-3235 taken from the Disabled toilet showing an un-flushed toilet, pregnancy test… Read Full Review

“Not Rump Steak”

Written on: 22/03/2014

Bought steak from Morrisons for the first time and will never buy from them again. This certainly was not rump steak, it had way too much sinew and was really tough, I've had better stewing steak. Very disappointed :(… Read Full Review

“ONLINE PROMOTIONAL OFFERS”

Written on: 14/03/2014 by magician444 (1 review written)

After seeing mty favorite Lager on offer at Morrisons,i ordered 4 cases online & booked a delivery date. My daughter waited in to collect my order but when the van arrived,the driver told her that due to supplier problems the order had been re scheduled for the same time the next day. When i got home from work i telephoned them & was told the order was definitely being delivered the following day. The following day i phoned again to confirm the delivery & was told the order had been picked… Read Full Review

“Exploits their customers for ridiculous parking charges!”

Written on: 06/03/2014 by Cybelex (2 reviews written)

I won't shop at Morrisons again; we went to the Morrisons at Peckham and were fined when we outstayed our welcome! We did some shopping and had some lunch in the cafe; little did we know that it would cost us £50 (yes, fifty pounds)! We got a parking charge notice from Parking Eye and when I complained to Morrisons they weren't interested and told us just to appeal to Parking Eye. I've done my research and I know I'd be wasting my time appealing to them as we didn't keep our receipts (ironically… Read Full Review

Baldybaldwin's Response to Cybelex's Review

Written on: 12/03/2014

You do know that car parks sometimes arent owned by the supermarkets but by private companies and there is absolutely nothing that the supermarket can do about you staying longer than the allotted time, usually between an hour and a half and 2 hours.

The car parks by law have to display a certain number of signs stating how long you can stay and what the penalty for staying longer is, so fraid you're probably going to have to just suck it up. This is in no-way morrisons fault though, and nothing to do with their customer services, its just an unfortunate event.

Have you thought of not paying the fine, cos apparently if you dont pay fines from private companies such as ones like Private Eye its a civil offence rather than a criminal offence and they would have to take the time and effort (and cost) to take you to court to get the money out of you - ive heard they usually dont bother cos its not worth their time.

But to sum up Morrisons is not exploiting their customers, a private firm own the car park and have charged you for overstaying your welcome, perhaps this should actually be a review about Private Eye not Morrisons,

Cybelex's reply to Baldybaldwin's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2014

Thank you, I'm fully aware of the situation surrounding private car parks and Parking Eye are contracted by Morrisons to run their car park (Morrisons own, or lease the land, NOT Parking Eye). If Morrisons choose to get into bed with these private parking firms in order to make money from their customers, they must be prepared to take the flack. It is absolutely the responsibility of Morrisons - they have chosen to add an additional income stream to their business in this way; if they were bothered about their customers they a) wouldn't do it, or b) refund them. Why on earth would a customer want to park in a supermarket car park if they are not visiting the store?!

I have never, ever been charged in this way by any other supermarket, indeed, during my research I have discovered that other supermarkets have cut ties with these private parking companies as one of them in particular was noted by appeal court judges as being deceitful in their business practices. These companies can only do what the supermarkets contract them to do - therefore it is absolutely Morrisons responsibility and if they get a complaint from a legitimate customer, they should act on it and not try and pass the buck!

I'm also aware of the law regarding non-payment, and whilst it used to be the case that you could 'get away' with non-payment, these companies can now take you to court and I can't be bothered with the hassle.

So to sum up, this review is about the real villains, those who choose to hide behind the private parking companies and this case this is definitely MORRISONS!

Usrhlp's Response to Cybelex's Review

Written on: 17/03/2014

Do not pay this charge.....nothing they can do about it :D

Shortygu12's Response to Cybelex's Review

Written on: 14/03/2014

I've never had any issues with Morrisons before. They have clear signs that say that 1. It's parking for customers only and 2. Parking is free for X amount of hours and they also tell you what happens after that allotted time.

Unless it's a Pay & Display then it's as long as the time you've bought.

It's not up to Morrisons to remind you of when you should return to your car; it's your responsibility; be an adult - swallow your pride and pay the ticket that you've incurred.

Usrhlp's reply to Shortygu12's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2014

Actually you do know something.,....you are right.

Cybelex's reply to Shortygu12's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2014

It's not about pride, or about being an adult and for your information I have paid the ticket. I was a customer and was in their store the whole time spending money, and no, it wasn't a pay and display. I think it's a disgrace that any supermarket should exploit genuine customers in this way - no wonder Morrisons are losing out to the other supermarkets.

Mummylou's Response to Cybelex's Review

Written on: 12/03/2014

Sorry to hear about your ordeal! I know a Morrisons I have been to had a ticketing system. You basically buy your ticket as you would in other private car parks, then when paying at the checkout you show them your ticket and they refund you the cost. Meaning if anyone was using the car park and not shopping there they pay the ticket cost and they make money back that way. Which is probably a much better way of managing the parking.

My friend had a similar issue to you but at a shopping centre. She hadn't realised there were any time limits on the car park (signs were not clear or visible unless you hunted them down!) and spent a good few hours in the centre spending lots of money in all the shops and returned to her car to find a whopping fine! She's quite shy but we made her complain to the shopping centre and they apologised, spoke to the car park company they hired to manage it and cancelled the fine. They also told her in future should she know she had a long day of shopping ahead to speak to the customer service desk and they would give her a special ticket. Really they should make these things clearer but it was rectified in this instance by how well they dealt with the issue.

If Morrisons have hired the company surely they have a little more control over the matter than they are letting on. Have you spoken to head office? Maybe they could check their cameras to prove you were shopping there? Fingers crossed you can resolve the issue anyway :)

Tinasmith01's reply to Mummylou's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2014

Yeah, I echo this. Its the same where I live, pay for a ticket, do ur shopping and get ticket stamped - money refunded. Maybe its different in London? More people trying it on?

Cybelex's reply to Mummylou's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2014

Hi Mummylou, thanks for your understanding - it's a good job your friend had you in their corner! The problem Morrisons have is that the private parking company have to be able to make money out of the partnership as well in order to make a profit. I just think it's a disgrace that they exploit customers in this way. If you think about you friend's case, if they were happy to give her a 'special ticket' for a longer shopping trip why wouldn't they afford the same courtesy to all their customers? It just goes to show that they are happy to take from those people who can't/don't stand up for themselves and will back down when challenged (hmmm, isn't that what bullies do?!)

“BACUP = Ignorant rude staff”

Written on: 06/03/2014 by Austin137 (1 review written)

Went to the so called new store in Bacup this morning and walked out after 5 minutes , whilst at self check out I pressed the button for spring onions , it came up the wrong price so I asked the lady (I think she was a manager of some sort) why this happened , she looked at me like I was a piece of dogs dirt and informed me that they were salad onions not spring onions calling me SIR every time she spoke to me but not in a friendly way in an arrogant way , she then put the salad onions in… Read Full Review

Usrhlp's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2014

I am a mystery shopper and the staff in morrisons are a world apart from the staff at asda......

I would shop in asda every day solely based on customer service.

Norfolknman's Comment

Written on: 25/05/2014

I too am a mystery shopper for a couple of retail supermarkets, Asda may be a world apart on paper, but it can also come across as very pedantic

“Complaint ignored by Customer Services”

Written on: 02/03/2014 by woodser70 (3 reviews written)

A justifiable complaint concerning overcharging, continuous yawning checkout staff and 15 minute wait because of another customer argument over money off coupons simply ignored. That's £100 a week customer gone elsewhere. … Read Full Review

“Morrisons wine cellar - dont use this website”

Written on: 19/02/2014

I placed on order online with Morrisons wine cellar and 3 weeks later I have neither my wine nor a refund. The wine did not turn up, I tried to get it re-delivered but that did not turn up after waiting around all day. I spoke with Morrisons to get a refund and they said they would. 1 week later I spoke with them again and they said they would refund. 1 week later again and I have not recieved my money. If you wanted to get technical it is possibly fraud / theft at worst. Into week 4 now and I… Read Full Review

Samain1's Comment

Written on: 13/03/2014

I would not use again. After a week with no delivery customer services told me my wine had been delivered. Realising there was a problem I was told I would receive a phone call. No one returned my call, so I rang again to be told the same thing. This time after explaining again and asking them if they had my signature for the wine being delivered, I was told it would be dealt with by the manager. Another phone call to now be told " Sorry your wine was not delivered but returned to the warehouse and will be sent out again, thank you bye"
At first I was made to feel like I was lying , then brushed off by their mistake.
Very unprofessional. My feedback on their website was not allowed.
I totally agree with you, do not use this website.