Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk Reviews

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“Definately the best!”

Written on: 04/06/2011 by jinjin (2 reviews written)

My breast milk dried up at 9 weeks and i was suddenly left with choosing formula. I studied hundreds of reviews and ascertained that aptamil was clearly the overall best choice. I am so pleased with my decision because my LO has not suffered any colic, reflux or constipation. She is such a happy baby!! The aptamil might not be the reason for having no problems with my LO but having read so many reviews there is definately something in it and i have no intention of switching. Yes, it is more… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“I first started my daughter on sma gold as that's what...”

Written on: 16/02/2011

I first started my daughter on sma gold as that's what all my family had used, however she seemed unsettled and did bring quite a bit of her feeds up, nothing major but enough to make me wonder if it was her milk not agreeing with her. I ummed and ahhed for the first 7 weeks of her life whether to change her to aptamil or not, I heard a lot about cow and gate being the same so I tried that first but still was pretty much the same so went back to sma gold thinking that must just be how babies… Read Full Review

Marymarcus's Comment

Written on: 19/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because...it has reassured me that i have done the right thing in swapping my baby's formula for the same reasons.

Newmommy's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2014

hi
I found this really helpful my baby is due in December and have been wanting to use aptamil since I found out I was pregnant, my family all have used cow and gate and say I should use that instead as most people dont get along with aptamil and also aptamil is just for combined breastfeeding and im not going to breastfeed

Zzzrrr's Comment

Written on: 14/08/2013

wow.... i totally agree, aptamil is the best. My lil one started off on aptamil at the hospital after she was born,as i wasnts getting the hang off breastfeeding after my C section. its aptamil the hospital gave me through out until she started to breastfeed. I never had a colic baby when using aptamil and there was no constipation. one day i had to buy cow and gate formula as it was it only formula available at the time,and that was like horrible. She had the worst gripe ever. i felt so sorry i went on an aptamil hunting spree. i did some tasting myself and the aptamil taste soooo milky and nice compared to the cow and gate which taste like iron and was sooooooooo sweet. thats when i knew for sure that aptamil was a way better brand... as its the milk that matters and not the sugar. Also i have noticed other babies oncow and gate and smg and the are soooooo chubby compared to my baby that looks more lean and medium in size. it had to be the sugar in the other brands that plumps them up so quickly.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2011

Thank you, this has been really helpful. I have just found out I may not be able to breastfeed next month when my baby is due. Making any decisions at the moment is tricky as well

Helen

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2011

hello
do u have any idea where can i buy this bottles in the picture?

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“I purchased Aptamil for my son and have had problems...”

Written on: 04/01/2011

I purchased Aptamil for my son and have had problems with it since he was about 2 weeks. At first he was taking it ok and seemed to be settled. He started to get really sore tummys and they were keeping him awake. i spoke to my health visitor who said it could be the milk... he really struggled to bring up his wind and was passing wind down ways loads instead. his nappies were really bad aswell. We have sinced changed his milk to SMA and he seems to be alot more settled and took the feed alot… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“My 4 week old daughter was suffering from bad...”

Written on: 01/07/2010

My 4 week old daughter was suffering from bad constipation and pains, we were using sma but changed to this and within 24 hours saw great improvement… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“I have used aptamil for my little boy since he was 2...”

Written on: 25/05/2009

I have used aptamil for my little boy since he was 2 months old and have found it to be a great milk which is easy to digest and doesnt seem to clog him up… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“My Health Visitor recommended Milupa Aptamil to me as...”

Written on: 10/03/2009 by dulcied (1 review written)

My Health Visitor recommended Milupa Aptamil to me as I was using SMA and was having diffuculties with constipation. The Aptamil First worked wonders within 24hrs. Would have started off on this milk if I had known about it… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“my baby girl is now 9wks old we started her on cow and...”

Written on: 01/03/2009 by mishy x (1 review written)

my baby girl is now 9wks old we started her on cow and gate comfort and she had dreadful consitpation we tried colief a cranial oestopath then rasins juice etc then swapped to hipp organic due to the low iron she started to go 3 times a day but still consitpated and crying when feeding!!!! not drinking!! now started Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk and she has been normal ie soft,and is drinking the whole bottle fingers crossed it keeps ok… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“Is good to use to compliment breastfeeding. If not...”

Written on: 23/12/2008 by mummy123 (1 review written)

Is good to use to compliment breastfeeding. If not breastfeeding it has added fats that are in breastmilk, closest formula to breastmilk.

Not as widely available as other formulas, its usually stocked in large shops and chemists but most local stores only stock the 2 most popular brands which in my opinion are not as beneficial to babies.

I like this milk, i breastfeed but always have a couple of ready made cartons in the cupboard for if my baby needs a feed while im out… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“I have used aptamil for both of my daughters and have...”

Written on: 10/10/2008 by nyathens (1 review written)

I have used aptamil for both of my daughters and have been content in both cases.They liked this milk and would finish their feedings in no time.

I thought the foil packaging was a disadvantage but at the time they were also selling at chemists a special container for storage so it worked out as far as transport and storage were concerned. If the temperature of the water is not correct it is difficult for the powder to dissolve and the nipple clogs when the baby is feeding.

I would recommend… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“Aside from its reasonable price not only for this...”

Written on: 07/10/2008 by lilasimmons (7 reviews written)

Aside from its reasonable price not only for this particular product of Milupa, it is highly less costly that other popular brands but for the same value of ingredients particularly the nutrition composition of Milupa products particularly this infant formula. Although I do breastfeed my baby added source of nutrients from Milupa is a plus for my baby… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk is the...”

Written on: 27/06/2008 by stephaniet (1 review written)

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk is the greatest milk powder out there. This milk is amazing I have fed all 3 of my children on it having had to change 2 of them over to it as previous milk gave them terrible pains, Milupa is so light and ungreasy unlike other milks I really do believe it is next to breast milk. My babies love it… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“Milupa Aptamil one the product is good but my baby got...”

Written on: 25/03/2008

Milupa Aptamil one the product is good but my baby got constipation and rashes in the underarms after drinking this product… Read Full Review

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“Whilst it appears that Milupa Aptamil First Infant...”

Written on: 26/10/2004 by robert0 (1 review written)

Whilst it appears that Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula is one of the more expensive formulas on the market, we were reassured that this was the closest available to breast milk (we had problems with breast feeding, therefore this was a concern) Recommended by friends to reduce the risk of constipation and secretly endorsed by a midwife in the hospital (they advised me that they are not allowed to recommend !!)… Read Full Review

200608_7894's Response to robert0's Review

Written on: 06/07/2005

I would like to comment regarding Milupa Cereals and rice.I was feeding my baby on these and recently found bugs in the bags.I thought maybe I wasn't storing right so I bought some more and I bought things to seal the bags with but again this morning there was a bug in the cereals. I'm not impressed with this and I am very angry. This is my babys food which is supposed to be sterile and clean and healthy. I live in Spain and i'm going to tell everyone I know about this and i'm going to look on the internet for other sites where I can tell what has happend. I can't believe it, i'm disgusted.

Dmacg69's Response to robert0's Review

Written on: 05/04/2007

Our son was born a week ago and we too have had problems with breastfeeding him. Aptamil is used at the maternity hospital where our son was born, we initially thought that it was being used because it was perhaps the cheapest but we were advised that this was the best that they had currently found for newborns. Although it is more expensive than other milk formulas we will continue using it as we feel it may be detremental to change formula at this early stage. Our son seems contented with no signs of any problems with colic/ constipation so far.

Hbadams's Response to robert0's Review

Written on: 04/03/2007

Regards updated information, the first milk was also advised as being the closest to breast milk to us after having problems breast feeding and also suggested for our daughter who had had bowel surgery at 6 days old. She hasn't had any problems with the milk (constipation etc) and the storage is better now than it was in 2004, they must have redesigned the packing. We have found the cartons also useful, more so now our daughter is having 7 oz but they can be kept in the fridge for 24 hours once opened.

Robert0's Response to robert0's Review

Written on: 15/02/2007

Message for Patricia Sunnydale,
<br/>
<br/>We are now using the growing-up milk and continue to be satisfied. Our son - now 2 years and 3 months enjoys the milk, and he is bright and intelligent. Whether this has anything to do with the milk is unclear. However, we have no complaints and have had no problems with constipation or other things that can be attributed to the milk.

Patriciasunnydale's Response to robert0's Review

Written on: 28/01/2007

Hi. I read your comments with interest. Is there any chance of an update, or does any one have any comments regarding Milupa Aptamil first baby milk. My daughters first baby is due any day, and I too have thought of buying Milupa, due to it being the most expensive Milk and the lack of colic/constipation? Any good/bad advise or comments would be greatly appreciated.
<br/>