Bank Farm Riding School Poynton, Stockport Reviews

145

Bank Farm Riding School Poynton, Stockport - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bank Farm Riding School Poynton, Stockport

“Amazing tidy awesome”

Written on: 02/11/2015 by Cannon307 (1 review written)

Bank farm is one of the best riding schools ever if u disagree then ur a whitch and a moody cw how could u ever disagree with them they brought up my confidence up to a whole new level and I am thankful thank you soo much bank farm xx… Read Full Review

“Great great great ”

Written on: 26/10/2015

I have been writing at Bank farm for almost 4/5 years now and it's amazing. I write there for about 3 years and then one lesson the owner (who was teaching me) suggested that I started loaning a horse. I did and have had many amazing opportunitys there such as, xc fields, clinics and shows. This is a great place to ride and you can carry on improving. Many people say they only get put on lazy horses, that is not true. You need to go on slower ones before you can be put in more advanced ones. I… Read Full Review

“Won't be going back”

Written on: 23/06/2015 by Samirc77 (1 review written)

Last year I finally got round to fulfilling a lifelong dream of learning to ride properly. I asked around and Bank Farm's name came up - thus I visited them first. Firstly, the place seems to be run by kids. When I was asked the fill in forms, there were several sections which were not relevant to me, but the little girl behind the desk would not accept the form if those sections were not filled in. The yard was untidy, with dirty brushes perched on strange places and hay tossed on a heap… Read Full Review

Onlyme2015's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2015

Bank farm provide for disabled riders but if you were pregnant we don't allow people to ride as if someone who's pregnant came off and the lost thier baby I'm pretty sure they would take to the cleaners but as for a disabilities people are welcomed

“Amazing”

Written on: 02/02/2015

I absolutely love bank farm it's lovely the staff are very. Friendly and I help on Sunday's and rent a amazing pony called Trigger who is fantastic he has brought my confidence up loads and I can't wait to do cross country with him which is one of the amazing opt unities they give its amazing value for money I also enjoy going on hacks and doing showjumping and xc country clincs I love the ponies up there as well all of them are very friendly recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

“really bad”

Written on: 26/10/2014 by 227Putnam (1 review written)

I rode there for 4 years and in that time i did bot improve as I was put on Chaniey one if there oldest horses but also the slowest or as people say in the horse world a plodder and I was in her every week. We also never did any jumping so I now 4 years after leaving Bank Farm I sill have a large fear of jumps. Since I have left Bank Farm and have started riding at Glen Jakes Riding School I am in top leval and have done many shows, so if you want the best horse riding experience posable I do… Read Full Review

Vicster1980's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2014

I acknowledge this is your experience. My daughter and I however have had the completely different experience over the 3 years we have been riding at Bank Farm....

It is a well run, welcoming yard. There is a variety of horses and all levels of riders are catered for. The horses are all well looked after and the staff are friendly. Please don't be put off by this review

Written on: 27/06/2015

Isn't that what these reviews are about; writing about your own experience? If someone has experienced it differently, you cannot tell users of this page that they should ignore what others have experienced because your experience is different.

If you had a great time there - then good for you. Others have not. In the end it will all balance out.

Whilst I was riding there I was either ignored, or made to feel most unwelcome. The horses were always very dirty as were the tack. Some ponies were kept 2-3 to a stable. The yard is overcrowded both in terms of horses and of feral children who "work" there.

That was my experience.

Vicster1980's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2015

I feel a balanced view is very important.

Having read this and your other comment you seem to be very keen to express your own opinion... Odd that you feel other people should not do the same?! Hidden agenda?

Written on: 15/08/2015

Hidden agenda? Balanced view? Really - you think that its I have a "hidden agenda" because I told you off because you told readers to basically ignore this review! Methinks you are the one who has the hidden agenda.
There are plenty other reviews here which are favourable or downright sycophantic, I would think that this review would be one which would provide more balance in the greater scheme of things.

“Good but could be even better ”

Written on: 06/09/2014

Bank farm is a lovely place to ride & you often get a lot of things done in the lessons, the horses&ponies are absolutely amazing and always give their all&the staff and leaders are lovely and are always happy to help you out when you need them....however it often feels like the instructors would rather be on their phones than teach & they tell you to do things without actually explaining how to do it. Although, when they aren't engaged in their phones, they push you and give you constructive… Read Full Review

“Pros and cons ”

Written on: 03/08/2014

My daughter has been riding here for a few years now and really enjoys the lessons and hacks that she has done. The horses appear to be well look after considering they have a difficult task of looking after so many. The staff are always polite and considerate towards customers such as myself however, some staff members can be bitchy and demanding towards the young girls which help out. Additionally, the instructors are friendly and the majority provide interesting lessons to watch and for the… Read Full Review

“POLITE AND FRIENDLY”

Written on: 26/02/2014

polite and friendly staff who put there heart and soul in to the horses and lessons. yes there are a few changes and improvements which are taking place all the time. my lessons are always interesting and i feel like i always improve and have something to work on the horses are changing all the time so you never get bored or end up on the same horse all the time . thanks to bank farm my confidence has really improved and im loving riding again… Read Full Review

“So far so good :)”

Written on: 17/02/2014

I have owned ponies for 30 years & at present have a youngster I am breaking/schooling for my young son's. Just started sending my 4 yo to Bank Farm for lessons since our old pony was pts & so he has no one to learn on at home anymore. After only a couple of lessons I can say I will continue to send him to bank farm, ponies are so well behaved (unlike mine!) & my boy loves going! After every lesson asks when his next one is. The girls that lead the kids seem to be enjoying what they are doing… Read Full Review

“OVERRATED ”

Written on: 29/10/2013

I was looking for a riding school in my local area so I looked online to find bank farm reviews are good.. but when I got there I realised that was not the case staff were very rude it's Ok maybe if u know everyone but theres a lot of two faced people there.. If u haven't been I wouldn't recommend it as they aren't good at accepting New people onto the yard. SHOP AROUND IF I WAS YOU I now go to a new farm in addlington and it's amazing and a lot cheaper… Read Full Review

Sophiebean's Comment

Written on: 02/02/2014

my daughter is looking for a riding school in Adlington.. which one do you go to?

“Could do better,”

Written on: 22/05/2013

I started riding at bank farm and found that my riding improved considerably and then I got to a point where there was no improvement and no other class to advance to. Although the classes at the start tested me when I became a better rider I felt I was doing the same thing week in week out and had no improvement. After a year of riding there I moved on to another school where they focused on your riding as an individual and how to improve your technique, not just teaching you how to sit on a… Read Full Review

“AMAZING FRIENDLY GREAT”

Written on: 07/05/2013

I would defiantly recommend bankfarm:) very clean,friendly,amazing, they are some amazing teachers there, all the girls and boys that do voluntary work are very politeful, all the horses look well cleaned after, always working and there are some very fun things you can do there e.g.. own your own pony day, you can loan and everything is all very cheap to do :) bankfarm is the best farm ive been to and i would defiantly reccomend it!… Read Full Review

“pros and cons ”

Written on: 23/04/2013

Bank Farm is such a friendly riding school where everyone appears to get on very well. the staff are all friendly except one or two who appear to be quite demanding to the children who help there. They give the children an opportinity to get work experience and when they lead the beginners they are always helpful and teach the children well. however, some seem too young to be taking money and teaching lessons but are all qualified. They deal well with the horses and have a varierty to suit… Read Full Review

“A big thank you ”

Written on: 12/04/2013 by Millfarmridingschool (1 review written)

We would like to say a big thank you the staff at bank farm riding school, for all your help and support Thank you again Mill farm riding school … Read Full Review

“Top top top ”

Written on: 10/04/2013 by Sooty147 (1 review written)

Bank farm is a top riding school the horses are lovely and and all the staff helpers are top iv been riding there for over 3 years now and would recommend it to anyone Friends of mine have took there kids and even my friends have been encouraged to start riding the horse/ ponies have a fab personaltys. So I again I think it's top and all the staff are friendly even when you don't feel like going riding you are happy you did when you come away and make you feel like you want to go back… Read Full Review

“bank farm is the best ”

Written on: 26/03/2013

the reason why bank farm is the best is because you can make very good friends and the teachers are AMIZING like Lisa Emmer Alex Charl and Ez… Read Full Review

“Meandtilly123”

Written on: 17/03/2013 by Ilovehorses123 (1 review written)

Bank farm riding school is brilliant they have tought lots of people to ride over the years there lessons are fun because we jump, do non stirrup work ect. The people are so kind up there the lessons are fantastic and so are the hacks. But most of all they have some amazing ponies one of them that I have on loan called Tilly she is one of the best ponies that they have and some people say they are lazy but you just need to get them going and they will be fine I would highly recommend it you… Read Full Review

“Top riding school”

Written on: 15/03/2013

After a nasty accident 10 years ago at a different riding school, the instructors at Bank Farm helped me to get my confidence back. They made sure I had the same horse each time so that I could build my confidence, which was just what I needed. The staff are friendly, and it's good value for money. Very impressed… Read Full Review

“HORRIBLE! DIRTY! NEVER AGAIN!”

Written on: 11/03/2013

My daughter had quite a lot of riding lessons before she started to not enjoy it as much , the staff and child helpers are bitchy and rude , the horses and tack are uncared for and the yard is very messy. The days are unstructured and a rip off like we paid £40 for a own your own pony day and my daughter did ABSOLUTLEY nothing she got a 15 minute ride that was cut short and on a horse that was lazy and a complete waste of time. Them she swept up a load of horse manure off the yard because… Read Full Review

Gemmi's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2013

I totally disagree, the staff And kids are very helpful and do teach the children but if they don't listen then they won't learn. And as for been lazy everytime I go to the yard the staff are doing the best to try and tidy up but it's a working yard what so you expect to be able to eat your tea off it

Written on: 24/06/2015

I agree - the kids that "work" there have formed a clique and they don't easily let others in. When I was there, the tack was always dirty, the outdoor school littered with manure, and the ponies looked tired. Better places to go.

Walesks's Comment

Written on: 11/09/2013

i disagree i think u are just snotty nosed idoit who thinks every one should run round after u i have a horse there and i have one on full loan we still have to sweep out side our livery stables but i do think that some of the child helpers need sorting out , i have worked on another yard and we had only 10 miuntes to sweep the yards and there were 5 yards to do and we had to muck out 50 horses by 10am and we started at 9.30 and they had to be spotless or we would be out on our ears and the beds were huge with 2 metre size banks U try doing that so stop being an snotty idiot respect i have at bank farm for 15 years and they are brill so just stop saying bad things about it u snotty nosed idiot!!!

Written on: 15/08/2015

Who are you responding to? Can you please use some punctuation as your post is really hard to read and understand without it.

Lydia1341's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2013

part of owning your own horse is to deal with sweeping up manure and doing all the jobs that te stable hand girls do all the time so dont complain if you have paid for that and been dreaming about what would happen !

“Fantastic”

Written on: 11/03/2013

My 2 girls have been going here for over 12 months after going to another (that was not nearly as good) the trainers have been very patient and thorough!! I would recommend Bank Farm to anyone!! The girls do a fab job and look after all the animals (in my view!) fantastically!!… Read Full Review