Sony CyberShot DSC-W1 Reviews

• Battery Life

Sony CyberShot DSC-W1 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony CyberShot DSC-W1

Sony CyberShot DSC-W1

“First ever Digital camera. Had it for some years, best...”

Written on: 16/10/2009

First ever Digital camera. Had it for some years, best camera I have had. User friendly Great quality, unfortunately now broken and can't find spare parts. C A… Read Full Review

Sony CyberShot DSC-W1

“The Sony CyberShot DSC-W1 camera is not user friendly...”

Written on: 17/06/2008

The Sony CyberShot DSC-W1 camera is not user friendly at all, there is nothing worse when you have taken a fantastic picture of the kids or something knowing that you will never recapture that moment and then when you get home and load the pictures onto your pc they came out to dark, or to blurry, or red eye.. I just want a good quality simple to use camera where i dont have to think about the settings… Read Full Review

Sony CyberShot DSC-W1

“Sony CyberShot DSC-W1 - Love it! First digital camera...”

Written on: 18/07/2005 by dirtymacum1007 (5 reviews written)

Sony CyberShot DSC-W1 - Love it! First digital camera of my own but when looking to buy best one I used all my mates which were nowhere near as good quality… Read Full Review

Headcso's Response to dirtymacum1007's Review

Written on: 21/11/2005

Surprised at the comment about battery life. The supplied NiMH batteries offer plenty of life.

Sony CyberShot DSC-W1

“After my faithful old Fujifilm digital camera finally...”

Written on: 15/04/2005 by Simlet (3 reviews written)

After my faithful old Fujifilm digital camera finally died thanks to a drop too many, I began to look for a replacement with an affordable price and a trusted name. I had a look on a few websites and decided on a Sony Cybershot. When I went to look for it in a local electrical store, they no longer had the particular model I was looking for, but they recommended this camera instead. The camera was an extremely good price and I was so very impressed by the look and feel of it, that I purchased… Read Full Review

Sony CyberShot DSC-W1

“I have been shooting (amature) for 30 years. My "other...”

Written on: 30/12/2004 by pkivolowitz (2 reviews written)

I have been shooting (amature) for 30 years. My "other camera" is a D1X.

I purchased a Nikon 5700 before the W1 without doing much research. I figured "Hey. It's a Nikon. What could go wrong?" Plenty. The 5700 went on eBay within one week. Then I did my homework.

The action of this camera, both the time to power on and the lag between shutter actuation and moment of capture, is fantastic. Power on time is a little more than a second. There is no perceived shutter lag time. In this regard, a… Read Full Review

Sony CyberShot DSC-W1

“I have owned several digital cameras, my last being a...”

Written on: 06/08/2004 by PCthug (4 reviews written)

I have owned several digital cameras, my last being a Casio QV3000 with 340meg microdrive.
I looked at quite a few 5meg cameras including the Casio QVR51, Sony V1, Canon ixus500. I eventually settled for the Sony W1, the large screen and AA battery useage tipped the scales in its favour (I also got it from a national company who's shop was closing down, so got it at a great price). The first thing I did was get a 256meg pro memory stick, as the 32meg that comes with it is put in as a token… Read Full Review