BT Voyager 100 Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

BT Voyager 100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for BT Voyager 100

BT Voyager 100

“The modem is quite fast and very easy to setup....”

Written on: 21/11/2006 by WeeWesty (1 review written)

The modem is quite fast and very easy to setup. Unfortunately there is no driver available.

I hate the BT Voyager 100 modem!… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“Although there are better modems available, the BT...”

Written on: 21/11/2004 by SlipMatt (1 review written)

Although there are better modems available, the BT Voyager 100 modem is really good, i have read alot of reviews and it seems alot of you are having problems due to your I.S.P being A.O.L, simple solution for you all is really quite obvious! Switch your I.S.P! Many people don't bother with A.O.L because of a lot of problems they have with them (exactlly like you are having) and because of real poor customer support and their high fees for ridiculous reasons. I have been with BT Broadband for… Read Full Review

Seany's Response to SlipMatt's Review

Written on: 06/12/2004

I have to leap to the defence of AOL here.
<br>I have been with them now for 6 months and have had absolutely no ISP problems whatsoever.
<br>Their technical support is spot on unlike Freeserve/Wanadoo (my previous ISP) where you very quickly learn that you know more about computers than they do.
<br>I have also read various reviews by other users and it would appear that AOL is blamed for everything.
<br>In particular the guy who obviously has his computer set to auto/disconnect (every 3 minutes) and the lady who can't understand why AOL can not give her a download speed of 512 Kbs all the time. I am no expert but come on guys, this is basic computer knowledge.
<br>AOL also has no usage limit and is very competitively priced.
<br>No, i do not work for AOL i am just a very satisfed customer.
<br>Sean

Jmcgra1956's Response to SlipMatt's Review

Written on: 20/03/2006

Matt, I think I will go down your route if aol does not shape up.
Joe

BT Voyager 100

“The BT Voyager 100 Modem is compact and unobtrusive....”

Written on: 03/11/2004 by Pete Wilde (2 reviews written)

The BT Voyager 100 Modem is compact and unobtrusive. However, the functionality of it leaves a lot to be desired.

BT provide it free as part of their broadband service, although it would be a real cheek to ask users to pay for it.

The main problem is that the modem uses a lot of power causing a drain on the computer. This in turn can cause a computer to hang.

The only solution appears to be to re-boot the system.

The modem also can have problems when used on an Apple Mac computer, as it… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“The BT Voyager 100 modem will be affected by any...”

Written on: 29/10/2004 by AJP (1 review written)

The BT Voyager 100 modem will be affected by any firewalls on your computer.. I had the McAfee personal firewall on my computer and discovered once activated that the bloody internet kept on switching approx every 5-10 mins. In situations like this its always best to eliminate programmes that affect the net 1 by 1. Luckily the McAfee firewall was the first programme eliminated and so the problem was solved!!… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“I have used my BT Voyager 100 for over 18 months and...”

Written on: 21/10/2004 by Broon (1 review written)

I have used my BT Voyager 100 for over 18 months and have never had any problems. Only thing that has gone wrong is the microfilters, not the modem. I use an imac with system Os X… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“BT Voyager 100 - When upgrading from Gold Broadband to...”

Written on: 08/09/2004 by scottash (1 review written)

BT Voyager 100 - When upgrading from Gold Broadband to Platinum and using AOL 9.0, I found that the connection would shut down on its own after 5/10 mins. Contacted AOL help who were useless. After much searching, I found a download driver page for the modem (and other modems). Once I downloaded the updated drivers, so it seems, we've had no problems with our connection.

Try AOL Keyword Broadband drivers… Read Full Review

Gazzs69's Response to scottash's Review

Written on: 04/10/2004

If you get in touch with aol there is a patch available for a 1mb connection, it worked for me.

BT Voyager 100

“The only problem I have with the BT Voyager 100 is...”

Written on: 15/07/2004 by AnyIsXma (1 review written)

The only problem I have with the BT Voyager 100 is that it never connects at max speed it is always in the region of 230kps. I have AOL Gold that is the 512kbs one and it is making me mad, do I need a new modem our what so if any one knows how to get rid of the problem then please let me know… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“The BT Voyager 100 modem will not log on or if it does...”

Written on: 27/05/2004 by Hillsider69 (1 review written)

The BT Voyager 100 modem will not log on or if it does it gets chopped off after 300 seconds exactly. On 2 pc's running 98se and 2000nt pro (with nothing else on that one) AOL help have been no use at all! When it gets on line the test program shows the line is good quality. Bt have run tests and said the line is OK, no intermittant faults etc. HELP PLEASE!… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“I am having exactly the same problem with my BT...”

Written on: 11/04/2004 by Dangerous Dave (1 review written)

I am having exactly the same problem with my BT Voyager 100 Modem. Mine happens every time either I use the phone or the phone rings. Tried to cancel my AOL contact but was told I would have to pay £140 (Sterling) as I was tied into my contact. I tried the Sales of Good act shpeel but to no avail. I am thinking of taking AOL to court. Anyone else willing to join me?… Read Full Review

Notaolhappy's Response to Dangerous Dave's Review

Written on: 17/04/2004

I am having the same problem. I have had to format my computer 4 times in 3 weeks. I have made numerous phonecalls to AOL and also have sent many, many live help messages; but it is very unhelpful have to change all my settings in the computer to no avail. Now they are sending me another modem and I have to wait six days to receive it. The problem is, when I shut down aol then try to start it up again it freezes the computer, then it wont shut down so I have to press the off button which is not really recommended. I tried a sagem modem and it works fine so why are aol sticking with this modem???????????

Lkoo's Response to Dangerous Dave's Review

Written on: 08/09/2005

I am also on AOL and I just recently had problems with it after AOL upgraded their network. It was fine before that but ever since the upgrade (which requires you to update your drivers), I have been unable to get online. As a reult I have been stuck on their 128k service. So I called t hem up and after numerous phone calls and screaming to the sales people, I managed to get my contract undone. So now they said I can continue to use AOL until i migrate to a different ISP and I wouldnt have to pay the rest of my contract. A lot of screaming and shouting with a few obsceneties seemed to do the trick for me. Hope it helps

BT Voyager 100

“Read a number of reviews concerning been unable to...”

Written on: 04/04/2004 by Praxis99 (1 review written)

Read a number of reviews concerning been unable to shutdown the PC after using the Internet (AOL 9) with the BT Voyager 100 Modem. I have experienced the same problem which appears to be caused by opening or closing AOL Radio (or other AOL audio visual content) with a Norton Firewall that had ad blocking enabled.

The solution? dont log into AOL radio until you have turned off add blocking. You can turn it on again once logged on and likewise when shutting doen the radio turn off add blocking… Read Full Review

Cannonfodder2002's Response to Praxis99's Review

Written on: 05/04/2004

i have had problems with the bt voyager 100 modem and aol for over a year now. i started with aol 8 and nearly every time i tried to disconnect aol stopped responding and the pc would not get past saving your setting on the shutdown. aol tech support blamed everything but their software until i did f:drive and only installed aol & basic drivers and the problem persisted.i did another format and installed aol 7 which never locks up. aol have now agreed to let me out of the 12 month dsl contract as this showed that it is aol software that is to blame. aol 8 & 9 both have the same problem but a way round it in aol 9 is to use your dialer not the aol dialer. open your modem control panel from the task bar(by the clock) and select connect input your aol details inc. @aol.com after your user name and dial.

Leeh007's Response to Praxis99's Review

Written on: 27/08/2004

That'll probably be it, I'm using XP, and still have problems now.... I blame BT..cause they're BT :D

Khswales's Response to Praxis99's Review

Written on: 26/08/2004

I'm not sure why you're all having problems. I too use AOL + BT Voyager modem 100 and have had no problems for the past 2 years. Maybe you have a different operating system - mine is Microsoft ME.

Leeh007's Response to Praxis99's Review

Written on: 27/04/2004

i had the same problem this is what i put in a review not long ago.....
<br>
<br>I've noticed lots of people have problems with AOL and the BT Voyager 100 modem, i've found a way to stop aol crashing everytime it shuts down, on the website i've listed below are some differnet drivers for the modem, this seems to stop AOL crashing, i still have to reinstall the drivers once a week, but it's easier if u use the little utility that is on the website.
<br>
<br>Best way to run it is, when the modem comes up as a fault device, unplug the modem, run the reg edit program, restart the computer, reinstall the drivers using the ones from the website, when the installation is complete plug the modem back into your computer, normally the modem comes up first time, you will notice that is says a different type on modem....i know it's long winded but it does seem to work.
<br>http://www.black.disk.btinternet.co.uk/
<br>Good luck fellow AOL people
<br>Lee
<br>
<br>i've also started unplugging the modem before shutting down the PC, this means that you don't need to constantly reinstall the modem drivers.

BT Voyager 100

“Like Many of you my PC would hang after being on line...”

Written on: 20/03/2004 by desbray (1 review written)

Like Many of you my PC would hang after being on line with the BT Voyager 100 modem for a short while,
The cause was using the onboard USB port which is limited to 500 ma current drain, this modem requires 512ma. The solution is to fit another USB board into a spare PCI slot. Belkin do a board that handle the current adequately and my PC hasn't stopped since fitting the replacement. The onboard ports can still be used for other devices… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“On the whole, the BT Voyager 100 modem works well with...”

Written on: 04/03/2004 by scorpion1 (1 review written)

On the whole, the BT Voyager 100 modem works well with BT broadband, good speeds and download times, uploading not bad either, just can't get my windows xp pro to shut down after I disconnect!… Read Full Review

Angelbabe73's Response to scorpion1's Review

Written on: 15/03/2004

yes mine does the same thing. there will probably be a fix for it some time...

Balleerics's Response to scorpion1's Review

Written on: 28/09/2004

I had that prob to, I found an update driver though it was for the voyager 200 but it works fine! Hewlett Packard online help gave me the info for the update, soz cant remeber the site rite now, also norton firewall caused a lot of connection probs to so got rid of that 'n' replaced it with Mcafee, I got no probs at all now oh & just one other word....SPYWARE (cringe) get it blocked it's one of the main probs with connection! Hope this helps 8-)

Bacwood's Response to scorpion1's Review

Written on: 20/03/2004

just put aol 8 on again the red copy version and it cures the problem

Scorpion1's Response to scorpion1's Review

Written on: 15/03/2004

well, i have been reliably informed it is a driver fault, havent actually been able to find an updated driver as yet, but if i do, i will post a link here..........assuming all is well that is.........

BT Voyager 100

“We recently purchased Aol 8.0 with the free BT Voyager...”

Written on: 04/02/2004 by jletherby (1 review written)

We recently purchased Aol 8.0 with the free BT Voyager 100 USB ADSL Modem 576kb/s. I am also running Windows XP Proffesional. However it will often disconnect, not close down AOL of the web browser, the DSL light on the front will flash and i will get a notice from the start bar saying that the network cable is unplugged even though it is not, and 5 seconds later it will be connected again as if nothing had happened.
CAN ANYONE OFFER ADVICE… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
BT Voyager 100

“Having had trouble free usage from a Zoom DSL modem...”

Written on: 02/02/2004 by merrimantw (1 review written)

Having had trouble free usage from a Zoom DSL modem for almost a year, I signed up with BT for another account which included a free modem. I expected the same touble free surfing. I was bitterly disappointed. The BT Voyager 100 on XP disconnects after exactly 5 minutes. On Windows 2000, it can keep the connection, but often disconnects. The Zoom kept the connection for weeks at a time. What a load of JUNK!… Read Full Review

150635_Linlever's Response to merrimantw's Review

Written on: 07/04/2004

We decided to upgrade to broadband with aol after long internet trouble free usage.We were sent the package and the modem is BT Voyager 100, it just consistently disconnects, we have checked every aspect of troubleshooting with A O L and checked phone line with bt , can anyone out ther give us advice? as broadband was supposed to be the answer to everything as our family want to network
<br> LIN

BT Voyager 100

“I've noticed lots of people have problems with AOL and...”

Written on: 22/01/2004 by leeh007 (1 review written)

Best way to run it is, when the modem comes up as a fault device, unplug the modem, run the reg edit program, restart the… Read Full Review

Scorpion1's Response to leeh007's Review

Written on: 16/03/2004

do you think the drivers on the site you mention will be suitable for bt broadband users or are they only aol related?

Leeh007's Response to leeh007's Review

Written on: 16/03/2004

should be fine, the drivers are for a BT ADSL modem not specific for an AOL modem

BT Voyager 100

“First Off. I got this BT Voyager 100 modem as part of...”

Written on: 11/01/2004 by giarccam (1 review written)

First Off. I got this BT Voyager 100 modem as part of a package deal from AOL. It all arrived in a gucci wee box and the drivers and AOL 8 where installed with nary a hitch. It works well enough and i've had no problems other than that stated below. The lack of a fully functional driver that allows the USB ADSL modem operate to the capacity for which it was designed seems to me to be utterly ridiculous. However. After typing in a few queries over the net and the fortunate hit on one that… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“Overall the BT Voyager 100 is not a bad modem with a...”

Written on: 03/01/2004 by blowfish (1 review written)

Overall the BT Voyager 100 is not a bad modem with a few quarms… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“I just got BT broadband 4 days ago and the BT Voyager...”

Written on: 13/12/2003 by Jane W (1 review written)

I just got BT broadband 4 days ago and the BT Voyager 100 modem was included. I found it easy to install and it ran well untill I got a phone call. No sooner had I put the phone down I was disconnected and I was told the port had been disconected by the user. This happens every time I get a phone call. I have been in contact with Bt who are not sure what the problem is, some say it is my conection or the filters.

Has anyone else had this problem?… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“I have just recieved a BT Voyager 100 from aol as my...”

Written on: 08/12/2003 by jazzytazzy (1 review written)

I have just recieved a BT Voyager 100 from aol as my last modem was faulty. since using this modem i keep geting signed out from everything like msn or chat rooms cant get web pages up, aol tell me im using too much bandwith so its knocking me off the web but i never had any probs with my old modem and im still using the same p2p program and chat rooms as before .....anybody have any ideas… Read Full Review

BT Voyager 100

“Same problem occurs here when using the BT Voyager...”

Written on: 30/11/2003 by shandydesigns (1 review written)

Same problem occurs here when using the BT Voyager 100, Windows XP home edition locks up and a blue screen with an irq error comes up locking up the whole system complete restart is required and the weird things is...the modem lights stay on… Read Full Review

Tit's Response to shandydesigns's Review

Written on: 24/12/2003

Hi, does the message BAD_POOL_CALLER appear in the blue screen window?