Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 Life Diesel Reviews

Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 Life Diesel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 Life Diesel

Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 Life Diesel
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 Life Diesel

“The Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 Life Diesel is a new vehicle...”

Written on: 10/05/2004 by scarymonkey (1 review written)

The Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 Life Diesel is a new vehicle (less than 4 weeks old and now has nearly 4000 miles on the clock) and has been provided by my employer so spec changes were not possible.

Initially I was surprised by the very long service intervals (20000 miles till the initial service and 20k after that). This is good as it reduces servicing costs, although I would of prefered an initial service after 1000 miles.

The spec of the car is disappointing. A car costing in excess of £16k… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/11/2004

Ive read a few comments regarding "excessive" body roll. Firstly I think there is a tendency to drive the car like a small hatchback simply because it FEELS like a small hatchback and not a 7 seater mpv. Secondly the Zafira is based on an Astra / Kadett estate floorpan, nothing to suggest its handling is like an elephant at an ice rink. Yes its a tall car but not that tall and it is at least aerodynamic.
<br>My Zafira has handling thats better than I expected , nowhere near as good as my old MG ZT 190 but I dont expect it to be , its a seven seater mpv , I test drove plenty and my Zafiras no worse than any of them and better than some.
<br>I really do not see any issues with its handling!

Barneyrubble's Response to scarymonkey's Review

Written on: 18/01/2006

I have had 2 Zafiras, both from new for 3 years each. the first went to a friend when it was 3, and is still doing fine. As per the other comments: it returns good economy, but still manages to pull away at junctions very well. The A-pillars are way too thick - nearly "killed" a few small cars at roundabouts. 3rd row seats are okay if you are under 12, but getting to them with very small children is difficult. Had minor problems with mid-row bench which was replaced under warranty and a suspension problem, again free replacement. Body roll slight, grips snow and ice well (pulled neigbours Rover 600 out recently on solid ice). Best thing - flexible seating - away on holidays full laden, but able to put up seats on arrival and take out family members.

Boristhebold's Response to scarymonkey's Review

Written on: 15/04/2005

Had my DTI Life for 12 mths and 25,000 miles. Average 42-44 mpg. Very good at what it does within reason. We are trading up to a Saab that is better able to cruise the 800 miles we do to France 6 times a year. Sat at 80-85 we get around 35 mpg, can't see us getting better if we travelled at 90 - 95mph?? Handles fine for a normal everyday vehicle, the height has no effect, the running gear and therefore most of the weight is the same as an astra estate. Loaded with people and say a roofbox would be differant.
<br>Thoroughly recommend the car to anyone seeking a reliable, cheap to run people lugger but NOT as a continent crusher.

Written on: 19/03/2005

The only reason my spec Zafira handles better than a base model is the fact that I've got Alloys with Low Profile Tyres. The base model makes do with standard wheels and tyres which are taller and will flex on cornering. I'd recommend that Alloys are ordered as optional extras.......

Scarymonkey's Response to scarymonkey's Review

Written on: 11/02/2005

I suspect the fact you had a special edition with the extras could mean a better ride. I have since been in a higher spec Zafira and it to handled better. Perhaps it is just the ride on the base spec life that caused such a poor ride.

Written on: 10/02/2005

This is an update from my previous comment.
<br>Just before the new year, along with my wife and daughter we embarked on a journey from our home in Majorca back to the UK for 10 days. Having Bought the Zafira (Opel)in October, the engine had only covered 2,200km when we left.The engine was pretty tight and the performance was adequate. Some 4,000km added to the existing mileage has seen a dramatic change in its performance and the fuel economy is superb. We docked at the port of Caen in France at 7.15 am and arrived at Barcelona's port at 7.15 pm, the same day.The car was loaded, and i mean loaded to the gunnels,it cruised at 150kph and was returning fuel consumption into the mid 40's.When you do the kind of intensive driving I did in 14 days you can be very sure that I have seen every facet of this car, good and bad.First the good points:Fantastic fuel consumption irrespective of load, performance is gutsy, not a road burner but it can sit well above the legal speed limit all day.....trust me! Handling is very positive with good brakes, power steering has a positive feel,Tardis like load space,we got incredible amounts into ours,gear change was slick and positive with the gearstick and all controls easily to hand.
<br>The bad points:The seats offer adequate but not uncomfortable support to the back/shoulders/neck....decent but could be better and while the back seats split the base of them doesnt.
<br>I would totally recommend this car, it is a fantastic family car, period.
<br>PS:My Zafira is a "Special Edition" Better seating,electronic stability thingy,side airbags,alloys and colour coded everything all for around 13,000 pounds!!