Thierry Mugler Angel Reviews

• Strength of Scent

Summary

Angel by Thierry Mugler first appeared in 1992. Described as ''a voluptuous oriental gourmand with a top note of bergamot and helional , a delicious heart of fruit and honey and a sensual, passionate base of vanilla, chocolate, caramel and patchouli.''
Thierry Mugler Angel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler Angel

“scent no longer lingers”

Written on: 27/12/2013 by Pootie11 (1 review written)

I have purchased the original perfume and body lotion for years. The quality has steadily decreased. The lotion feels watered down and the scent doesn't have the strength it had in the past. My thoughts are that they are creating less for the expensive buck… Read Full Review

Pootie11's Response to Pootie11's Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

I totally agree. Less quality, watered down lotions and shorter lasting scent. I see the price has not proportionally decreased. cary

Thierry Mugler Angel

“The perfume has changed or is weaker now”

Written on: 16/12/2012 by Khadija56 (1 review written)

I have used Angel sinc it first came out and originally used to be able to spray it on in the morning and it would last all day,which was one of the things I loved about it...... but now the smell dissapears quickly. It no longer lingers till the morning if you wore it and the body cream the night before. The price has increased but the quality has decreased.....maybe they are making it weaker even though it is perfume for economicval reasons but they should say or reduce the price. Here in… Read Full Review

Ellabache8789's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 02/03/2013

maybe your nose has become desensitized to the smell after using it for so many years, you can liken this to how dog owners don't detect the smell of their dog in the house but as soon as a guest walks in it hits them right in the face!

Dbongiov's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 04/10/2013

Agreed! The perfume smells completely different. The eau de toilette smells similar when sprayed on but doesn't last. In am so disappointed after 25 years!!!

Msheather5's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 22/08/2013

I agree. It has changed. It's more fruity and doesn't last. I asked the mfr, Mugler, and they insist it hasn't changed, but I was certain it wasn't my nose, so I went on line and I purchased a set of "celestial" lotion and shower gel. The celestial type products have the old scent, I was able to tell the difference immediately... and that night when I changed into pj's I could still smell it on my clothes. The perfume bottle hasn't changed, but the other product packaging has. The new, in plastic toothpaste shaped bottles, does not have the same scent as the old in the small, more oval, shampoo type bottles that say "celestial" on them. It's NOT your imagination.

Kez44M's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 15/03/2013

I have found the same happening.. the fragrance does not last and the price has increased even here in Australia ...

Shafeeqa's Response to Khadija56's Review

Written on: 14/03/2013

I just searched the internet about the change in Angel perfume, and surprised to find so many people experiencing the same problem! It doesn't have the same deep, beautiful cloud of magic that I used to love. My husband even asked me why I don't wear Angel anymore and was shocked to hear that I was wearing it, but its so sweet and faint now, like candy and without all the underlying notes that made it special. I thought it was my body chemistry that may have changed, but everyone seems to be having the same problem. I even had it refilled from The Source at a retail store and it's no better, so I know that its not just a bad bottle I got last time.

Geoannie's reply to Shafeeqa's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2013

I bought a bottle in Faro airport and I cannot smell it on me no lingering fragrance nod my husband cannot smell it either . I use to always feel special wearing Angel it's lingering undertones were fabulous

Thierry Mugler Angel

“Thierry Mugler Fragrance is Heavenly Delicious”

Written on: 03/12/2011 by LaurenBianca (1 review written)

Angel by Thiery Muglers is one of the most sexiest fragrance in the world. If a woman wears this fragrance and she is not sexy this will make her sexy. I have never in my life experieced a fragrance with such sophistication and warmth. The fragrance smells and feels as if you are floating on a cloud. Each woman who wears this fragrance Angel will fall in love with it. Angel is only for the most sophisticated. Angel must be warn on the skin and not your clothes so it will evlvolve with your body… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to LaurenBianca's Review

Written on: 17/04/2012

ive been wearing angel for a long time and i just got some more body lotion and im noticing it doesnst smell the same as my older stuff has anyone else notice the change in it???

Thierry Mugler Angel

“I was given this product for Christmas and I'm...”

Written on: 03/01/2011

I was given this product for Christmas and I'm extremely disappointed. There is hardly any powder that comes out when you use it Big box with very small puff.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone! Very expensive for very small amount of product!… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“I asked for this for christmas as I've heard such...”

Written on: 28/12/2010 by 02grisf (2 reviews written)

I asked for this for christmas as I've heard such great things about the perfume and I was taken in by the advertising campaign of 'childhood memories'. I genuinely thought this perfume would be great for me.

However, having received it for christmas I tried it on and despite my absolute best efforts and expectation to like it, I found that it was a very sickly sweet, somewhat-nauseating smell that simply would not go away. I sprayed it on my wrist to test it and and I was actually quite… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“This is a warm, woodsy scent that will get your...”

Written on: 23/11/2010

This is a warm, woodsy scent that will get your compliments every time you wear it. I am however concerned now about reports that it contains the same ingredients found in pesticides? That Clarins, who distributes it in the United States is well aware of this fact, but chooses not to make it public. That Angel has not been fully tested. That Clarins has intentially refused to follow federal labeling regulations. The FDA wants them to declare Angel Perfume misbranded and/or mislabeled, and… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“This perfume has to be the worst I've ever smelt. And...”

Written on: 27/10/2010

This perfume has to be the worst I've ever smelt. And what's worse is it lingers for so long that it's nauseating and overwhelmingly bad. Can't understand how it could be so expensive, to be honest I thought it was a cheapo perfume when I first smelt it as it just doesn't smell quality to me. The bottle is pretty, but that's where it ends. Utterly reeks and the only other women I've smelt it on were old, maybe 50 years and over, which I think are more suited to such a heavy, overpowering scent… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“I have smelled some bad scents...but this is one is an...”

Written on: 23/10/2010

I have smelled some bad scents...but this is one is an all time bad and lingering scent which I would not reccommend to anyone… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“Absolutely beautiful. I wear it so often my friends...”

Written on: 14/08/2010

Absolutely beautiful. I wear it so often my friends and family know it's me if I walk into a room and not many people can pull it off. The scent is very strong and lasts for ages so you don't need to use much to get the full effect. Admitted it does weaken after a good few hours which ofcourse every perfume does, but even days later I can still smell it on my clothes. I love how unique it is (a little pricey but it is definitely worth it) and I can't understand how anybody wouldn't like it… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“I also think this scent has changed, I have worn this...”

Written on: 09/06/2010

I also think this scent has changed, I have worn this perfume practically since it came out, but no more. The smell doesn't last any time at all. I used to be able to smell it on clothes but it just doesn't linger. I too think this now has undertones of cat pee instead of the fresh scent it used to have. My husband knew when I was near as he could always smell my angel perfume, and even nicknamed me 'angel', he said he could smell it in his car long after I had got out. His words were 'what is… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“I love Angel, but I dont think it lasts as long as it...”

Written on: 30/05/2010

I love Angel, but I dont think it lasts as long as it once did. I was told it would linger behind me if I left a room, and I would often catch a whiff of it if if my clothes moved a certain way, but not so much now....Maybe my nose is just too used to it?

I have not noticed a change in the scent. I still think its beautiful and wont stop wearing it… Read Full Review

Msheather5's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2013

You are correct. I thought it was me, but a lot of other people have noticed it as well. The old "celestial" scent was not as fruity and lasted all day.

Thierry Mugler Angel

“I also think the smell has changed. The aroma no...”

Written on: 15/05/2010

I also think the smell has changed. The aroma no longer lingers for hours and once, after spraying the smell would stay in the clothes. That's no longer the case. i buy mine at Debenhams and the last bottle i bought for my mom, she thought it was a fake. I will no longer buy Angel. hat a shame… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“In a department store a saleslady talked me into...”

Written on: 02/01/2010

In a department store a saleslady talked me into buying Angel perfume by Thierry Mugler for women. I left unsure, but on the way home was delighted about the wonderfully exuberant fragrance and have received compliments ever since. However, on the internet I came upon a website describing Angel perfume as dangerous to your health. Now I hesitate to recommend it to my friends, although I personally have no complaints. I believe that the company should issue a statement reassuring the… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“The first time I smell Angel my auntie sent me a...”

Written on: 25/12/2009

The first time I smell Angel my auntie sent me a sample. I fell deep in love with Angel. I went an price it at Nordstorm. At first I said no way will I pay that amount because I never had purchase any designer perfume before in my life. However, I could not get that scent out of my mind. I ask my husband if he could buy it for me for Christmas. I have the gift set! I am the most happiest women in the world. I feel loved, and very beautiful when I wear it. I have bragged about Angel to all my… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“Fragrance has CHANGED!!!!! This is one review I never...”

Written on: 06/11/2009

Fragrance has CHANGED!!!!! This is one review I never thought I would ever write. I was a huge Angel devotee, I must own 30 empty stars, every limited edition product, and all the bath and body products including the hair perfume and dry perfume. I ran out last year and went to Bloomingdales to stock up and when I buy Angel, I buy in big quantities. I got it home and sprayed it on me and knew something was very wrong. I smelled like a chocolate and vanilla swirl ice cream cone seeped in pee.
My… Read Full Review

Rdeen's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2009

Wow , This is very shocking news .....This is a perfect example of shopping in the wrong places . we do alot of this particular product and do very well with it . it is a very popular fragrance and have not had a comment like this yet . maybe you bought a poor quality product . A word of encouragement this product is top rated and would stay on you a while hence making it one of the best out there . My advise try another outlet or store.Compliments of the season to all .
<br/>
<br/>www.onestopbeautycenter.com

Kimichelle's Comment

Written on: 10/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because...i believe the person was being honest. I've just had a similar expeience with an expensive parfum i bought off ebay- flowerbomb. i love the samples i get every inutes leaving a strantime i go shopping (and bought 1 off ebay) but the 100ml refill bottle i bought from Uk ( sealed in cellophane) is different. It makes my skin (where i spray it hot and sticky- u can see the sticky mark) but worse- the nice fragrance is gone in mge smell. My boyfriend and other friends have verified this. I paid over $100 for it so i suppose it is the type of product a dodgy dealer would violate.
<br/>I can't afford to buy another. And i already left good feedback for the seller because i was happy to receive the product after waiting more than a month for delivery.
<br/>Anyhoo..just thought i'd share / and vent...
<br/>Kim

Thierry Mugler Angel

“Fragrance has CHANGED!!!!! This is one review I never...”

Written on: 06/11/2009

My… Read Full Review

“a lovely perfume”

Written on: 26/10/2009

a lovely perfume… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“This perfume makes me subconsciously smell myself the...”

Written on: 11/10/2009

This perfume makes me subconsciously smell myself the whole time I'm wearing it. I think it smells so good that no matter what I hear about it, I'll still buy it. There's nothing I don't like about it. Personally, if I was another person and I smelled myself wearing it, I'd follow me around for hours just smelling the air. I got this perfume as a gift, and will go out and buy it as soon as I run out. I wear it for anything that matters, and don't want to waste it for average days. It makes me… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“I agree I think the smell of Thierry Mugler Angel has...”

Written on: 26/09/2009

I agree I think the smell of Thierry Mugler Angel has changed, although the manufacturers deny it. With my eyes closed I can pick out the the one I've just bought. It used to smell soft,fresh and clean. I picked up a new one at Duty free because I'd forgotten to take mine on a trip. I used it and wondered where the overpowering smell of diinfectant was coming from. ME!… Read Full Review

Thierry Mugler Angel

“Thierry Mugler, Angel - possibly one of the best...”

Written on: 05/08/2009

Thierry Mugler, Angel - possibly one of the best perfumes I've ever had, absolutely love it… Read Full Review