YSL Opium Reviews

• Strength of Scent

Summary

Are looking for Opium perfume reviews? At Review Centre you can compare reviews of women's fragrances with YSL Opium reviews to see if it's recommended by other women. If you've used this fragrance please write a YSL Opium review and let everyone know whether you loved or hated it.

YSL Opium - Ask a question now

(cancel refinement)
YSL Opium

“New Formula YSL Opium”

Written on: 21/09/2014

So, SO, SO disappointed with the new fragrance of Opium. I had no idea there was a new formulation until I opened my new bottle. It smelled so COMPLETELY different on me (even irritated my skin slightly) that I Googled 'Opium' and saw the multitudes of complaints. I too have been wearing Opium for 30 years - it's the only scent I've worn - it's 'me'. Any ideas on how to be sure the "vintage" bottles of Opium being sold on EBAY are the real thing. I'm GUTTED!… Read Full Review

YSL Opium

“Newest Opium...”

Written on: 29/04/2012

2012: I've worn Opium for almost 20 years. I love it, and utter strangers compliment me on it. The change in bottle shape and format seems to coincide with a complete change in formulation. This is NOT the 'old' Opium. Top note is acrid and bitter. The top note lasts for over an hour. A nasty, unpleasant smell. As well the entire scent experience is no longer 'long-lasting'. 2 hours later - it's entirely gone. Given the 'new' smell we should be happy. I'm searching for the 'old' bottles to put… Read Full Review

Miclark's Comment

Written on: 14/02/2013

I agree with this comment, I have been wearing the original Opium perfume for 30 years and have nearly run out, and after buying the new fragrance found that it is completely different and leaves a rather nasty after scent on you resembling BO. Every body I have smelt this new scent on has the same after smell and they all say the same as me. I am completely devastated by this and am unable to find another perfume I like as much as the original Opium.
Can they not go back to making the original fragrance, the comments I received from both men & women..... amazing!!

Armageddon's Comment

Written on: 08/03/2013

I also agree with this comment and I too have been wearing the perfume for over 30 years. The new Opium is nothing like the old one and it does have a chemical smell. I bought perfume in 2012 and thought it was fake so bought another bottle in February 2013 from another supplier and it smells the same which is pretty awful and nothing like the original. I only realised it had been reformatted after searching the internet to see if others had found that the scent had changed. I think it's a disgrace that people are being misled into thinking they are purchasing the same perfume and at a high cost as Opium isn't cheap. I’ve just spent £125 between the two bottled and the supplier refuses to refund the latest bottle purchased in Feb 2013. Now looking for an alternative after all these years which is disappointing. I will be placing as many negative reviews all over the internet so that people are at least knowledgeable about Opium perfume being reformatted so that people can make an informed purchase.