YSL Opium Reviews

• Strength of Scent

Summary

Are looking for Opium perfume reviews? At Review Centre you can compare reviews of women's fragrances with YSL Opium reviews to see if it's recommended by other women. If you've used this fragrance please write a YSL Opium review and let everyone know whether you loved or hated it.

YSL Opium - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for YSL Opium

YSL  Opium
YSL  Opium

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)
YSL Opium

“Scent has changed.”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by Noahx62 (1 review written)

I have used Opium since 1980's and have always received compliments. My recent purchased Opium does not have the same scent, and I no longer receive compliments on how nice it smells. I've stopped wearing it because I don't like the scent when I'm wearing it. I don't even know what to replace it with, since I have not found a scent I like as well as the old Opium. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!… Read Full Review

YSL Opium

“OPIUM Perfume has been reformatted.”

Written on: 08/03/2013 by Armageddon (1 review written)

Let me start by saying I have used OPIUM perfume for over 30 years and adore the scent. I have had many compliments and always purchased a new 100ml bottle each year. I purchased a bottle recently only to find it's been reformatted due to the IFRA restrictions on spicy ingredients (eugenol and iso-eugenol). These ingredients have been removed and replaced and there is now a chemical smell to this perfume. I've also suffered with a rash on my inner wrist area where I apply the perfume… Read Full Review

Ggbrown's Response to Armageddon's Review

Written on: 10/06/2013

I have also used Opium for over 30 years. I agree entirely with what the other two reviewers have written. Opium no longer smells as it did and it does not last. I also hate the new bottle. The 90 ml size which I mistakenly purchased it too big for my hand. I have to use two hands to spray it on myself, its awkward and wasteful as its then hard to direct the spray.

Purplehazell's Response to Armageddon's Review

Written on: 14/09/2013

I've used Opium for as long as I can remember(the 70's) and after getting the latest bottle from my husband at Christmas couldn't understand why it was different. He always used to comment how he could smell it the next morning. And as soon as I used to put it on he would inhale deeply and say 'Opium!' Now he says 'what's that you're wearing?' and there is no lasting fragrance. It is very run of the mill instead of the rich sensual smell. It was only recently that I looked on the internet and found they had changed it. I am heartbroken. Will my marriage of nearly 30 years survive??????

Armageddon's reply to Purplehazell's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2013

Hi, my husband used to say the same thing about the old opium perfume but it has definitely changed and Loreal refuse to admit this. I never had a rash with the old Opium. Apparently this perfume is now sold by Loreal and not YSL so I arranged via the Opium rep in Debenhams to send two 100ml bottles of Opium back for testing (even although I didn't purchase the bottles from Debenhams) just in case they were fake. They hung onto them for a while until I sent a further email complaining that I had heard nothing. I received a phone call telling me that I would receive a full refund for both 100ml bottles. I would encourage others to do the same. I intend contacting watchdog and trading standards to push Loreal into admitting the perfume has been altered as they refuse to give this information. I now buy Coco channel which has a spicy smell although it doesn't last like the old Opium but it doesn't smell awful like the new one. Thanks to both GB Brown and yourself for taking the time to comment and confirm that Opium has changed.