LG U8110 Reviews

LG U8110 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for LG U8110

☆☆☆☆☆
LG U8110

“LG U8110 is the most annoying phone i have ever had, i...”

Written on: 26/12/2007 by uysal (1 review written)

LG U8110 is the most annoying phone i have ever had, i tried to replace it so many times because it was not working but i been told to upgrade it instead. I paid so much money for that piece of rubbish and now years later i am trying to put some pictures to my pc from this old problem making phone and the hardware is no where to be found. How will I ever save these pictures of my deceased father from this phone?… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“The LG U8110 mobile phone may look good, but honestly,...”

Written on: 10/12/2005 by michale (1 review written)

The LG U8110 mobile phone may look good, but honestly, once you go to the internet the service is bad, and the reception dies down no matter where you are… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“The LG U8110 is OK and thats about it, I am coming to...”

Written on: 03/05/2005 by paulr (1 review written)

The LG U8110 is OK and thats about it, I am coming to the end of my 12month contract and I will be glad to get rid of it.

It is one of the smallest 3G phones out there, but it is also one of the most annoying, I have replaced it twice, thinking it was me that was having problems with it but now I realise the phone is the problem.

The camera, was behind the times when I got it, but its innovative design appealed and I have to admit in the first few weeks of having it I was impressed. The first… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“The LG U8110 is a amazing tool for the first few...”

Written on: 12/04/2005 by redapril (1 review written)

The LG U8110 is a amazing tool for the first few months Then the signal starts dropping. Three are the worst service providers I have ever known, if the phone has a problem the service centre is in India. You are charged national rate on a landine. After five minutes of security questions you try to explain the problem to a person thousands of miles away. Eventually phones are picked up and returned three days later not working. The LG phones all need reflashing, software replacement. After… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
LG U8110

“In 5 months of owning an LG 3 phone I have had 4...”

Written on: 04/03/2005 by Bullyfield Bull Terriers (2 reviews written)

In 5 months of owning an LG 3 phone I have had 4 replacements and am in the middle of my 5th replacement!
I have had trouble with signal or lack of signal.
Software crashes losing all my pics and numbers.
Not being able to upload pics to my pc and low battery life..

I would say don't bother it looks nice but works as much as a chocolate fire gaurd!!!!… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“When I bought the LG U8110 my eyes lit up at the...”

Written on: 16/02/2005 by Jakeyboy588 (1 review written)

When I bought the LG U8110 my eyes lit up at the quality and excellent colour that just stays with your eyes for ages.
I recommend it to any careful mobile phone owner… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“I purchased my LG U8110 almost a year ago now. Within...”

Written on: 01/02/2005 by nuttytart125 (3 reviews written)

I purchased my LG U8110 almost a year ago now. Within this year the phone has turned the language to German, without my help I just turned it on one morning and it was in German asking for a pin number(or at least this is what I think it was asking!). Then I had a letter from 3 saying the batteries have been blowing up and I need to send mine back to 3. Now my phone when not being used turns really hot, and by hot I mean boiling, and turns itself off. I never have good network coverage and the… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“my previous mobile phone was a GX10i, I had it for a...”

Written on: 26/09/2004 by 9mm pistol (1 review written)

my previous mobile phone was a GX10i, I had it for a very long time and was very happy with it. When it finally failed me I looked for something similar but with knobs on. And here it is, the LG U8110, I have had it for a week now and I am very impressed. Right from the start it is user friendly, all the menus are number to speed things up and everything is where you would expect. The keys are nice and large making texts quick and easy. The quality of the video and camea is superb, not the… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“I like a lot of things about this LG phone as...”

Written on: 19/09/2004 by ranj (2 reviews written)

I like a lot of things about this LG phone as mentioned above plus other features that I don't have time to mention in detail.
I live in London and reception has not yet been a problem for me at all.
There are a few things I do not like about it most importantly the low earpiece voice. Even on maximum, you can hardly hear the other person if you are talking on a noisy street. This is so much annoying.
The other few things I do not like is due to the "3" pre-settings:
-Few fixed items in the… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“Although many have slated the LG U8110 mobile phones...”

Written on: 31/08/2004 by ilovewomen (1 review written)

Although many have slated the LG U8110 mobile phones battery life I dont think its bad at all. I like the look of the phone and it is very easy to use, it sounds good too. basically if your not interested in mp3 playing or being able to use wap for anything other than 3 related sites then this phone is good, not great but after my previous phone, a nokia 3200, it seemed like the best thing since sliced bread! I would definately recommend it… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“For the money the LG U8110 it is a very good buy. More...”

Written on: 24/08/2004 by mnaldridge (2 reviews written)

For the money the LG U8110 it is a very good buy. More memory would be useful for Mp3s and video clips but on the whole the phone is excellent… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“I was sent a LG U8110 handset a week ago. First...”

Written on: 16/08/2004 by quinton78 (1 review written)

I was sent a LG U8110 handset a week ago. First impressions were very good - its looked nice, felt comfortable in the hand and pocket, as well offering everything I needed on a multimedia scale... or so I thought. After a little time I realised that the quality of photgraphs is actually quite poor in relation to some of my friends' phones. In addition, battery life seemed very bad (just over 24 hours with a little playing with photos & MP3's) and I was very disappointed to find that a phone… Read Full Review

9Mm Pistol's Response to quinton78's Review

Written on: 26/09/2004

I hear what you're saying, but after 2 days of recording and viewing videos mine still has half battery, maybe yours has a default.

LG U8110

“The LG U8110 is a good looking, feature rich phone. ...”

Written on: 11/08/2004 by davebrads (1 review written)

The LG U8110 is a good looking, feature rich phone. Excellent battery life for a 3 phone (2days). Menus are a joy to use. Manual is rubbish and so is the 3 network. It's up and down like a yo-yo where I live in Cumbria. You get a 3G video signal about once a week so no use for the video calling feature. 2G reception in OK most of the time, but is no where near as good as Orange or Vodaphone in my area. Once 3 sort out the network, I'll be a happy man… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“I got this recently and I'm very happy with it. The LG...”

Written on: 10/08/2004 by Bam (5 reviews written)

I got this recently and I'm very happy with it. The LG U8110 is a phone that's a good phone that has fun stuff and isn't the size of one ten years ago.
Firstly, the camera. The still camera comes with almost as options as my old Samsung E700. There's the flash (which doesn't work very well as in it doesn't flash or light much up but it's handy for going into dark rooms with), quality, size, multishot, 2x zoom, brightness, delay and camera effects to entertain you.
However most people are going… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“I find the LG U8110 very easy to use. I have had no...”

Written on: 28/07/2004 by mnaldridge (2 reviews written)

I find the LG U8110 very easy to use. I have had no problems at all using the supplied pc software, even big Mp3 files transfer easily. The only slightly annoying thing is the way the phone doesn't return to the standby screen when you close it - it stays on whatever you were doing when you closed it!… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“I switched from a T610 on Orange last week to a LG...”

Written on: 26/07/2004 by Jack3G (4 reviews written)

I switched from a T610 on Orange last week to a LG U8118 on 3. The main reason being was because Orange is terrible where I live + I wanted a good deal tariff-wise. Anyway.. the phone. I've had Sony Ericsson phones for last couple of years and so was wary of changing as I like the SE set-up and navigation system etc.

The LG is a bit weird to start with but was surprised how quickly I adapted to finding my way around the various menus. The screen quality is absolutely superb and the… Read Full Review

Bam's Response to Jack3G's Review

Written on: 29/07/2004

Very good review, very helpful I want to get a 3 phone but I thought I might as well wait till 8th august to get U8120. Hopefully same good phone but with more memory. If it isn't I will personally burn down the LG offices:)

LG U8110

“I replaced my Sharp camera phone with a LG U8110 and I...”

Written on: 18/07/2004 by Jilly Baby (1 review written)

I replaced my Sharp camera phone with a LG U8110 and I can't believe the difference in quality. It's really, really good!… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“The LG U8110 seems like a very good mobile phone but...”

Written on: 14/07/2004 by bearware (1 review written)

The LG U8110 seems like a very good mobile phone but has several very anoying features.

*If you use the phone book to make a call, you can not easaly access the phone book while on the call. (the phone tells you the phone book is in use, and asks a question, if you get this question right [yes], then do some other stuff you can access it.)

* To down load phone numbers and pictures etc. to your PC you will need to load the software that comes with your phone. The phone does not support… Read Full Review

Duanebaird's Response to bearware's Review

Written on: 19/07/2004

I have been giving your comments some thought and I must confess I can't agree you you.
<br>Okay you need software to connect to the PC but it comes with the phone and is very easy to use. I now have MP3 ringtones and a small cartoon on my phone.
<br>
<br>The connectivety has nothing to do with the phone but the 3 network.
<br>
<br>You say the security features are weak but I find them more than adequate you can set passwords for access, lock the key pad... not sure what more you would expect.
<br>
<br>You can swith the back light off!!! just go to menu, settings, screen, backlight and change the duration to off...
<br>
<br>The screen is fantastic, as is the camera, video playback, the battery life, and the number of options for customising your phone.
<br>
<br>Overall I would say this is the best phone I have used.
<br>
<br>The only down sides are the fact that the flash is weak, you can't expand the memory and that the 3 recepion is quite poor (but getting better all the time)

Kenlueng's Response to bearware's Review

Written on: 20/09/2004

I do agree with bearware's opinion, but not all of it. As just a mobile phone, the LG8110 is very good functions and very very good value if you buy online. I met an issue 3 days ago, when I changed the phone's setting (I did a lot of changes including the picture and ringtone), at that night, my phone could not dial up and could not receive any phone (my friends did not ring successfully that night), when I found out there is some problem with my mobile, I reset the change in the phone, but still no use. The problem was solved after I switch off the phone and opened it again. Therefore I think the phone still has many things to improve it's quality.
<br>
<br>Otherwise, the phone is not small enough for my requirements (I used Samsumg s300 before I used the LG 8110); The memory obviously could not fulfil a downloadable mobile phone's requirement.
<br>
<br>But under the 3 network's attractive tariff, the LG 8110 is a sharply weapon to occupy the remaining market. Hopefully, more Korean and Japanese 3G handsets come soon, as I saw some very small and functional 3G handset in Hong Kong. I would change to those phone without consideration when I can do it.

Bearware's Response to bearware's Review

Written on: 26/07/2004

Example from last night.
<br>
<br>I set auto Dial to ON (a few days ago)
<br>I had forgotten it was on because the phone has never auto redialled.
<br>
<br>Then Last night it decided to redial but the connection to the 3 network went down for a second. (not the phones fault), The phone displayed the emergency calls only banner, then the network signal came back but the phone refused to remove the banner, the number keys where the only ones that worked. I had to switch the phone off to fix the problem.

Duanebaird's Response to bearware's Review

Written on: 25/07/2004

Might I ask what was your previous phone was?
<br>
<br>Please expand upon the software you find poor and what you would expect! You say it is the best phone you have used but you score it so low. You refer to the connectivety (not to the 3 services but to a PC) is there something more you would expect. I have linked my phone to my laptop and they are in sync and I am successfully transfering data between the two. Am I missing something is there something more I should expect from a phone
<br>Cheers

Bearware's Response to bearware's Review

Written on: 19/07/2004

The connectivity tools are usable, but unreliable.
<br>
<br>Connectivity to pc have nothing to do with 3 network.
<br>
<br>Security could have feature to not allow calls to numbers not in phone book, to set call limits.
<br>
<br>When the back light is "off" it can still be used as a torch.
<br>
<br>Yes the screen is good, camera good, battery good.
<br>
<br>It may be the best phone you have used, but your lack of experience/expectation should not reflect on the phone.
<br>It is also the best phone I have ever used (I have used 2), but my expectation is much higher, I am a software engineer, and the software in this phone is poor. There is no excuse. Maybe most other products we buy have poor software as well, but that's no excuse. My previous phone had very simple but very good software.

LG U8110

“I got my LG U8110 today and I think it's great. I had...”

Written on: 08/07/2004 by Richiemana (1 review written)

I got my LG U8110 today and I think it's great. I had second thoughts about getting it because I was going to get the Sharp GX30 but after reading the reviews of the GX30 and the reviews of the LG 8110 I knew which one to get and I am glad I picked the LG :)… Read Full Review

LG U8110

“The LG U8110 replaced my Sony T610, smaller than my...”

Written on: 01/07/2004 by simplymike (1 review written)

The LG U8110 replaced my Sony T610, smaller than my previous phone, lightweight and compact, excellant features, great phone camera and video, excellant quality of video playback and great design… Read Full Review