Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder Reviews

Front Brake: Single priston caliper, 275 mm single disc
Rear Brake: 130 mm drum
Front Tyre: 110/90-16
Rear Tyre: 130/90-15

“jinlun wheels to put on my gz 125”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by cnTodd468 (1 review written)

Hi does any obe know if the jinlun 125 wheels will go on a suzuki maurader gz 125 as i have tried to find info about this and its no where please if any 1 knows anything thanks… Read Full Review

“Bulletproof reliability, owned for 2 years and still...”

Written on: 11/05/2013 by Dace1987 (1 review written)

I bought my Suzy a couple of years ago needing something to take me to college (about 10 mile round trip there and back) 3 days a week and also a part time job that was a 30 mile round trip 3 times a week come rain or shine this bike has been fantastic. as you will notice with the trend from other reviews its not the fastest 125cc bike out there, but the lack in speed is compensated with a bike that will be a reliable workhorse and just keep going (and its pretty on the eye too) Pros You can… Read Full Review

“Had this bike for nearly a year now, absolutely...”

Written on: 15/04/2013 by stiggysaurus (1 review written)

Had this bike for nearly a year now, absolutely fantastic! rock solid, crashed it twice, once in back of a car (in first week haha!) and a 35mph slide and yet the bike still worked with very minor damage, very impressed on how solid it is! I get around 250 miles on a £13 tank and have covered over 10,000 miles and has not broken down once! only parts needed replacing were the general wear & tears, chains, sprockets, tyres etc. and parts are super duper cheap and insurance is very low! i pay… Read Full Review

“probably the best bike in the world”

Written on: 16/02/2013

as a full licence holder i bought this bike as a stop gap now several years later i still have it 100+ miles to the gallon i am 6 foot 17 stone and i still get 55mph out of it the only items that needed to be replaced chain and sprockets rear tyer rear indicators and the speedo cable this goes every few months so buy the cheapest dont take on m-way dont forget this is only a 10bhp bike but it is ideal for learners like i said probably the best bike in the world and spares are plentiful as they… Read Full Review

“Reliable fun learner bike”

Written on: 06/11/2012 by K3_fan (1 review written)

I bought my GZ 125 K3 for under £700 taxed and mot'd, a previous owner had left it out regularly in rain (uncovered) so it has some rust on handlebars, wheels and exhaust but nothing that takes away attention from it and I loved the look of it, so I bought it. The gear changes can be a little clunky, in that occasionally you can push up for second and end up in neutral (although once you get used to this quirk you can easily compensate by pushing the gear lever up slightly harder), and while… Read Full Review

“good bike maintain it yourself”

Written on: 02/09/2012

ok the gz125 where do i start i have had 2 of these bikes and i find them great i am 5 foot 10 inches 11 stone so i fit perfectly on this bike anybody taller should look for a honda cg125. i thing i should point out about these bikes is that if you are a beginner like i was you have to get dirty with this bike and learn how to maintain it. leave it over winter it will turn to rust so keep it coverd in acf50 and regular washes. the front brakes need looking at you have to learn quick with this… Read Full Review

“Dont think I could have picked a better bike. :0)”

Written on: 14/04/2012 by Harvey123 (1 review written)

After having passed my CBT on Friday 13th 2012 (eeek)on a Suzuki VANVAN 125 and sort of muddling my way through it (first time on a bike, information bombardment etc)what an absolute pleasure it was to finally get a good run on my Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder (03 plate with 4300 miles on the clock, for £800...bargain)which I had bought a couple of weeks before.The Marauder doesnt so much pull away as let you glide along with it and let you know "relax son your gonna be alright" as being a small… Read Full Review

Victorjones's Response to Harvey123's Review

Written on: 02/09/2012

hi there i have had 2 gz125's i have toured them from yorkshire to edinburgh and just got back from pitlochry from edinburgh on a camping trip.. i am wondering what fuel consumption you are getting .. this is a good dissusion point as to learn what we are getting mpg

“Great looks, Inexpensive to run, Fast enough round town!.”

Written on: 17/03/2012 by HartleyBiker (1 review written)

If you want a speed machine.... Do one!.... Go and buy a sports bike!. Now back on point... If you want a great looking bike thats well made and cheap to run this must be the bike for you. It's fast enough about town and gets there swiftly. It's a very enjoyable ride as soon as you get the hang of the niggly well documented neutral gear issue!. I bought a 2000 reg under a week ago and i'm finding myself sat up at stupid o'clock in the morning wanting to go out for a ride... I'm totally… Read Full Review

“what a sack of rubbish this bike really is, glad i...”

Written on: 12/01/2012

Wow, this bike has to be the slowest most cumbersome bike ever made. Marauder Suzuki 125 Given it is a Suzuki, and had been kept in a garage I was a bit taken aback at how much rust it had on it. But it was cheap and I knew I could make a swift profit on it so I bought it anyway. I paid 300 quid for it with a years MOT and Tax and sold it for 750 so I did ok out of it - but compared to my Lexmoto Vixen the Suzuki is rubbish. Too slow on the flat. A nightmare going up Anderson Drive in… Read Full Review

K3_Fan's Comment

Written on: 06/11/2012

Not sure 2 days ownership is long enough to give it a chance, it can be tough getting up very steep hills (I live in Wales so we have plenty) but even the steepest I can get up at at least twenty to thirty mph.

It is slow compared to a number of other 125's, definitely not a speed machine, but then it is a heavy bike so you'd expect that to be the case. Mine is a K3 and I've actually found it extremely reliable so I'm surprised you've put two stars for reliability but it's definitely a bike people will either love or hate :-)

“Suzuki GZ 125- Great starter bike”

Written on: 25/10/2011 by marshello16 (1 review written)

I bought my 125 marauder about a month ago now and I'm absolutely in love with it. It's not the fastest bike out there and being a heavier chap (14 stone) it tops out at around the 55-60 mark so for speed you're better off getting a sports bike. That being said, it looks lovely, many people thought it was bigger than it was and guys that hadn't even considered riding bikes before have taken a few sneaky glances at it. The chrome does take a lot of looking after but as long as you have the… Read Full Review

Cal61's Response to marshello16's Review

Written on: 24/03/2012

I love this bike too.Yeah it can be a pain getting into neutral but you kinda get used to it. Can be a bit clunky changing down gears too. By the way its 24 stone in weight not 14 stone. It gets a lot of admiring looks and comments. Who needs speed anyhow....It is a cruiser after all and looks great.

“A brilliant commuter and all-round fun bike”

Written on: 06/07/2011 by Rumpleproofskin (2 reviews written)

I've had this cool-looking Marauder for a month now and I'm thrilled I made the right decision. So here's my review in bullet points: • The low centre of gravity and low-slung seat makes this bike very confidence inspiring – an ideal learner bike. You don't fly around on it like a bat out of hell. It induces a more considered style of riding. It's not called a 'cruiser' for nothing! • It's large for its engine size but strangely not heavy or cumbersome. In fact it looks more like a 500+cc… Read Full Review

“I bought a 2004 GZ 125 Marauder to commute to work and...”

Written on: 17/05/2011

I bought a 2004 GZ 125 Marauder to commute to work and college, also for the occasional cruise to develop my riding skills prior to taking my full bike test.

Performance
This is a 125 styled cruiser, if your looking to be a speed demon, avoid this bike as it will only disappoint. However if your looking for a comfortable, stable ride that will get you up to 60mph at a healthy pace, this might be the bike for you. Its low centre of gravity will make handling easier in novice hands.

The braking… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/09/2011

i have had my marauder for 1 month now as a first bike using it as a learner bike. i agree with everything you say here and would like to add that so far i have done 117 miles to this tank and still have about a third of a tank left. the only thing that would improve this bike is a fuel gague but other wise a sound bike.

Getreal's Comment

Written on: 17/01/2013

My Son is thinking of the Marauder 125 as a first bike and as a commuter ,I enjoyed reading your review I myself have a Susuki Savage LS650 and the neutral negative also applies to my Bike and can be a pain,my Son really needs reliability and your review has been most helpful, thank you,just caught sight of the next review which states the absence of a fuel gauge as I thought this Bike had one ,the Savage has not got one either so another negative but I am sure He can overcome it as I have thanks once again

“DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE! ”

Written on: 06/03/2011

DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE!

out of all the 125 cruiser choppers these have to b the worst. got the bikefrom bradford 2010, after the first couple of goes it felt like heaven, everyone i knew thought it was stolen due to me being only 17, comfy, looked good, sounded ok.
but then the problems rolled in,
:no petrol gauge
:dickie neutral
:back brakes a bit slack
:no kick start and the electics are terrible
:slow, 50 at a push
:chugs
:4th gear was a nightmare
:i found a towel in the petrol tank, what… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2011

this is just you buying a rubbish bike and not giving it a good check. "towel in the fuel tank". how much did you get it for?

K3_Fan's Comment

Written on: 06/11/2012

I'm not sure lack of a petrol gauge is really a problem, I have dne 200 mile trips on mine and never emptied the tank plus it has a healthy fuel reserve so unless you rarely refuel it shouldn't be an issue.

But yes neutral can be a little awkward at times, though I wouldn't agree the back brake is slack as I use it more than the front and it does a good job.

I disagree about its speed though, I'm seventeen stones and the bike weighs about twenty and I've had it at sixty five mph (on the flat, not downhill) though usually I stick to fifty or fifty five but it gets there very easily.

Also not sure what you mean about fourth gear being a nightmare as not found that to be the case.

Organic321's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2011

Sorry mate but it sounds like you bought a melon in the 1st place, i mean age, condition etc... quote \"i found a towel in the petrol tank\" unquote! unless the towel had the \"Suzuki\" emblem stitched onto it i would suggest its had nothing at all to do with their production assembly! (-:

Written on: 24/08/2011

Such a low and vague Rating for this bike, Not all Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder's come with towels in the tank as standard. Thats an issue with the bike seller not the Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder.

This is a BIKE REVIEW SITE ABOUT BIKES NOT ABOUT BIKE DEALERS!!!!

Very good Bike, Looks alot bigger than a 125 (124cc)and sounds heafty to. Currently have a 2008 reg.

Ignore Idiotic Reviews

“I bought a 2002 marauder 125 about a week ago for £700...”

Written on: 10/02/2011

I bought a 2002 marauder 125 about a week ago for £700 absolute bargain as all it needed was about five hours of work and a bit of polish to have it looking great again. Mine came with a sissy bay and a pannier support rack (panniers in the mail) and I would recommend you buy these as well as they give the bike a bit more character. I too, like a lot of others was told these bikes could reach 75mph and cruise at 60mph, well after a week of varied riding I cant tell you that 75mph is VERY… Read Full Review

“I've had a full bike licence for years 12 years but...”

Written on: 21/01/2011

I've had a full bike licence for years 12 years but stopped riding about 8 years ago but recently decided to get back into it, a friend of mine said he had a 98 marauder in his back garden, it hadnt been used for nearly 8 years and said I could have it for 100 quid. I threw it in my van as all the brakes where seized. but basically I just filled it with fuel, stuck the jump leads on it and it started up within seconds. i've had to change all the cables as they were rusted solid and clean the… Read Full Review

“The Suzuki Marauder 125 is my first bike and I chose...”

Written on: 02/12/2010

The Suzuki Marauder 125 is my first bike and I chose it as it is the type of look I was after in a bike, and after Reading around, including the reviews from here,it was obviously a good, dependable model which had proven itself an. Been going for years.
I agree with some of the other comments about the speed, mine has touched 65mph on a good day/hill, but most of the time my commute and riding has been through London or on a roads since moving outside the m25, so it suits fine. In fact, even… Read Full Review

“Love my GZ125 K8 very much, i upgraded to the classy...”

Written on: 02/11/2010

Love my GZ125 K8 very much, i upgraded to the classy look after having my Honda SH125i nicked in early 2010.

In terms of speed it hits 40 easily but from there its literally an uphill struggle, any issues i had were due to neglect from the previous owner / mechanics who have dealt with it.

I have never had weather related start-up issues and have ridden it in all weather conditions (owned it since march, god bless british summer) and the only thing i want to complete it is a pannier /… Read Full Review

“I have a love hate relationship with my bike when its...”

Written on: 10/10/2010

I have a love hate relationship with my bike when its working its fantasic but now its getting on a bit i seem to be pushing it a lot even though I have spent time and money on it, my main problems have been the clutch and choke, its a fantastic comuter with rediculouse mpg return. This bike is fantastic in towns and citys struggles with hills but still keeps up with traffic yes it will do 60 + but if riding at this speed constantly you will have more problems in the long run, its haappy at 50… Read Full Review

“I have owned a Suzuki marauder for 1 year now and i...”

Written on: 04/10/2010

I have owned a Suzuki marauder for 1 year now and i have got to say it is brilliant i live on a farm so it has to ridden dirty some of the time but it handled the road well and is very reliable and starts mostly without the choke on and pulls like a train with all my luggage on which is hard for other 125s would recommend it to any one just a shame about the corrosion on sissy bar and especially exhaust ps this bike looks good and even harley guys like it… Read Full Review

“I purchaes this from new no issues at all.I agree that...”

Written on: 25/09/2010

I purchaes this from new no issues at all.I agree that the clutch can be a fiddle at times.I am 6ft 4ins and over 15 stone.I tried my full licence test both Mod 1 & 2 and no real issues.I use the motor cycle for commuting on the Motorway and can get up to 65-70.Hoever on inclines it can go down to 45mph. Excellent on fuel insurance and VEL.Will probably get a larger one in due course.Ideal for learner and CBT… Read Full Review