Viking Direct Reviews - www.viking-direct.co.uk

Viking Direct www.viking-direct.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Viking Direct www.viking-direct.co.uk

Viking Direct www.viking-direct.co.uk
Viking Direct www.viking-direct.co.uk

“Awful, rude and unprofessional!”

Written on: 27/11/2014

I ordered a chair for my partner, it came, he opened it to find out that there was a huge light mark on the brown chair. So i called up to get it replaced, which happened very quickly, then the pick up guy came to collect the original one and now only to find i have received a letter a month later stating that there is nothing on the system showing that it was collected! I made a call to Viking to find a rude scottish guy that answered, very agressive, argumentative and came across like he… Read Full Review

“worst company ever!!!!”

Written on: 18/10/2014 by BrooksGillespie390 (1 review written)

ordered a product from this site,3 weeks later had to ring to find why i handt received it,told they would ring back,1 week later i rang again,to be told it would be another 3 weeks b4 its deleivered....asked for a refund was told ide get £12 insted of the £18 ide payed and when that was sorted out they then told me ide have to wait a further week to get my money back!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS POOR EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“a poor service”

Written on: 14/10/2014 by homelinkremovals (1 review written)

ordered our first stationery order from Viking and decided to pay a little more because they promised a Monday delivery. a total scheme cant deliver their promises keep getting emails stating delivery but nothing arrives. wish I had of read these other customer reviews prior to purchase. have now asked for an explanation via email but no reply. don't order from these go via ebay your guaranteed what you order then… Read Full Review

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

“Cannot deliver what they promise!!”

Written on: 14/08/2014 by LesleyKemp (1 review written)

needed some material for an urgent project Id been given for he next day so googled "Same day stationary" ... and Viking appeared to be the most promising. Viking does all the right things but cannot deliver on what it promises. My order was at 927am in the morning so well within the time frame for same day. I was told it being a centre of Manchester postcode they could deliver same day and then I waited, and waited and waited...... When at 505pm I called the premium rate customer line I was… Read Full Review

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

“Really not very good at all”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by v0rny (1 review written)

Painful experience all round. Items claimed to be in stock at time of order are actually out of stock and not being replaced. BUT you only get to find out that this is the case if YOU contact THEM. They charge you prior to despatch and then you have to fight to get the money back. Despatch emails are useless - Your order has been despatched - that's it, that's all you get in the message. Not unreasonable to expect to actually receive your order rather than just a single item on it and no ETA… Read Full Review

Vikingteam's Response to v0rny's Review

Hi

Thank you for your feedback, we are really sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced.

If you could advise us of your account details, we would be happy to investigate and address the issues you have raised.

V0Rny's reply to Vikingteam's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2014

And I should just post my account details on an open forum should I?
I don't think so.

I'm hoping the refunds and missing items are being dealt with this week while I'm out of the office.

If not, I guess I'll be back here...

Vikingteam's reply to V0Rny's Comment

Hi

Thank you for your response. We would not recommend you post your sensitive information on an open forum.
Our customer service contact details are:
[removed]

V0Rny's reply to Vikingteam's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2014

Review Centre will not let you put contact details in your posts - they've removed your details.

However, I don't need them as I'm not some sort of mentalist keyboard warrior whose first resort is to leave bad reviews the second something doesn't go my way. I have contacted your customer services on many occasions.

I get the impression that no-one there knows what's going on, I get the impression that there are no records being kept about past customer conversations or delivery problems with your larger furniture items. The reps are quite civil about it but the conversation always ends with 'I'll look into it and call you back' (incidentally, unlike many other complaints on this page, I DO generally get called back, I just don't get the refund or the missing furniture). Why aren't records kept electronically so everything your customer service reps need to know is at hand.

Fans for instance. Three were ordered, none were delivered, no emails to tell me this was the case, the delivery note for the other items just suggested they would be delivered separately.
When I emailed, I was told that they were out of stock and WOULD NOT be getting restocked. BUT you charged me for them anyway.

Another call about another missing item and I brought up the subject of the fans again - 'oh yes, they're out of stock at the moment and on back-order' I was told. I told them that I wanted the order cancelled as I wasn't prepared to wait for an unknown length of time, certainly not for something that the previous rep had told me would not be restocked. Not a problem they said. That would be about a week ago, still no refund. Your sister company, Office Depot only charge when they despatch an item, why aren't you doing the same? This then would never have become an issue, I could have shrugged it off as just unlucky not getting the fans in the height of summer when everybody else is looking for some. I can't shrug off you taking payment for goods you never delivered and have no intention of delivering.

“RUBBISH”

Written on: 13/07/2014 by ChaceMassey (1 review written)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! They left a £120 of products outside the front door, then wondered why they were stolen. Ironically the stuff that was in the parcel wasn't even ours, because they had also sent somebody elses order by mistake, then to top it all they incorrectly refunded me and then threatened to take legal action if I didn't pay. They then had the cheek to ask why I wouldn't order from them again, wake up and smell the roses Viking, YOU ARE RUBBISH… Read Full Review

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

“Absolutely hopeless, useless and unreliable”

Written on: 27/02/2014 by Koenm1950 (1 review written)

I ordered a Apple mac adaptor and battery in October 2013. It is now March 2014 and it still has not arrived. They have the charity I work for money!!!! I get passed from pillar to post and no one gives any answers and I get told different excuses. I'm lucky if they bother to phone back. I can't get to talk to a manager or any kind of complaints department. They are complete imbeciles. I will NEVER use them again… Read Full Review

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

“Consistently bad, refusing to do business.”

Written on: 09/02/2014 by Open4business (1 review written)

After finding Viking Direct on Google I decided to place a small order for a home business, their name seemed vaguely familiar to me but I couldn't quite remember why. Immediately after placing an order and clearing a paypal payment I remembered why Viking Direct was familiar to me. In the past I had tried to order some office seating from Viking Direct and experienced the exact same issue - after placing an order my account was immediately put " on hold ". In both of my experiences with this… Read Full Review

Vikingteam's Response to Open4business's Review

Written on: 10/02/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, i'm really sorry for any disappointment that you have received with the service from Viking as this our normal level of service.
If you could please contact our customer services via email with your account number we will look into this for you.
The Viking Team

“Order cancelled, slow and unreliable”

Written on: 21/01/2014

We placed an order for a business function late on Thursday 16th January, for delivery on Friday 17th January on or before 6:30pm. We called Monday to chase the delivery and we were told that the computer had frozen at the warehouse; they would check as the delivery maybe made today before 6:30pm and they would call me back. We never recieved a call back so I called again on Tuesday morning to make sure that we should be receiving our order today to be told that it was still in the warehouse… Read Full Review

Vikingteam's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2014

Thank you for taking the time to raise feedback on the service provided by Viking, Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment that has been caused as this isn't the normal level of service that we like to offer our customers.

We would like the opportunity to look into this further and to restore your faith in the service that we provide

If you could please contact our customer service team via email advising your account number we will look into this for you.

Kind regards

“A complete disgrace”

Written on: 07/01/2014 by SueBarker1 (1 review written)

After previous satisfaction with this company, ordered racking with eta 10-14 days. Rang Viking to firm up date when nothing heard - told delivery date would be a further 3 weeks!!Having emptied rooms to accommodate shelves we are now living in chaos and have taken time off work to deal with racking which now won't arrive after all.Spoke, at my expense to supervisor who promised to find out why there were contradictory dates. No call received. Rang again, following two hour wait only to find… Read Full Review

“Absolutely Flawless”

Written on: 03/01/2014

We've had several deliveries from Viking Direct now and all of them have been brilliant. Each time the order has arrived next day, and we're very happy with the prices and constant deals that they're offering. We also always get free little gifts which I think is a really great extra touch! I would recommend to anyone! :)… Read Full Review

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

“Absolutely awful and not even cheap”

Written on: 17/12/2013

Years ago you could ring up and tell Viking the cheapest price, and they would better it, their customer service as friendly and understanding. Not any more. Customer service is dire. Costs decided by a computer. Product range: fair Quality: varies, depending on product Pricing: expensive, especially as all their call centres are in third world Delivery: Good Returns: Don't get picked up promptly, and are not credited for months. I would definitely recommend avoiding this company. … Read Full Review

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

“Rubbish plain and simple!”

Written on: 06/09/2013 by Bateman123 (1 review written)

Fine when processing small items paper etc spend over £40 and you fall into problems used for business supplies for a while but when ordering larger items always have delivery problems or require bank transfers even though I have a credit account with a £7,500 limit I can not make use of this 90% of the item! I suggest euro office far better service from them!… Read Full Review

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

“Viking direct is the most rubbish supplier on planet”

Written on: 07/08/2013

No customer service , don't want to help you, dont even speak English it's been a week no delivery , each time I called what I get same old fashion answer some one would call back which obviously no one does, would never consider Viking again, rubbish rubbish rubbish… Read Full Review

Vikingteam's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2013

I'm very sorry to hear about the disappointing experience that you have received from Viking as this isn't our normal level of service.
If you could please contact me via email me at the following address "feedback@viking.com" i will be more than happy to look into this for you
Kind regards
Debra

“Cheeky Customer Service Agents”

Written on: 13/04/2013

Live Agent: Hi, my name is Live Agent. Your question has been received. Live Agent: Hello. Me: Hi Live Agent, Hope you are doing well. Me: I placed my first order on 09/03/13 and it included 5000 NECTAR BONUS POINTS. But I haven't received this yet, please can you advise further? Live Agent: I'm sorry but as you advised in mar that you'd ordered the wrong rolls, they were credited back to you so the order is no longer over the £30 to qualify for the bonus points. Me: In fact, I asked for a… Read Full Review

“Terrible Service”

Written on: 15/03/2013

was waiting over two weeks for my order, called to as about and was told they cancelled it because they did want to trade with the company I work for. No reason given, no notfication that they had done this so I could order from someone else. They took my card details and confirmed the order when I purchased so I still need to check the credit card statements incase they did take the money… Read Full Review

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

“Still waiting for my delivery”

Written on: 12/03/2013 by Fiona4777 (1 review written)

Having placed my first business order with Viking on 7/3/13 for next day delivery - today the 12/3/13 I am still waiting for it. Just rung customer services to be told that Viking tried to deliver it but there was no to take the delivery as the address was wrong, which is utter rubbish as we have only been here 21 years and I think I know our address by now. Customer services said they would refund the money, but there were no emails informing me that they had tried to make a delivery at all. I… Read Full Review

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

“Poor customer service and underhanded ways”

Written on: 11/03/2013

Returned item which was broken/faulty within 7 days to Viking. After 2 months they sent invoice for same item despite it being returned. After all this time, I had no paperwork as I wasn't expecting an issue with this. They forced me to pay in full for item I no longer had and threatened to take action if payment not made.because I could not prove it had been returned. They are a disgrace and I for one, after many years, will not be using them again and would urge others to find alternative… Read Full Review

“order number chages!”

Written on: 04/03/2013 by Thingsneedtochange (1 review written)

We have used Viking many times over the last few years - This time will be the last! How I have lasted this long I just don't know. The latest problem that has "broke the camels back" is their order number system. 1 - You place your order and get (if you ask for it) a number. 2 - A 2nd number is created if the item is not available from their main warehouse. 3 - A 3rd number is created - known as the shipping number. Not a problem you may think - but this is VIKING!!!! We had a message… Read Full Review

“Utter Disgrace”

Written on: 22/02/2013 by BenAtExpress (1 review written)

I would like to start by expressing my utter disgust at The customer service I received. The two members of staff that I spoke to were totally unhelpful, vague and frankly sounded like they didn't want to help me. I only received 2 out of 3 printers that I ordered, and was not notified that the 3rd was placed on back-order. I had to contact THEM to find out this information. This is, to put it bluntly, down right disgraceful. I then contacted them again to cancel the back-order and asked for… Read Full Review

viking-direct.co.uk