Epson Stylus Photo RX500 Reviews

• Up to 2,400 dpi optical scanning, 9,600 dpi interpolated
  • Built-in transparency unit for 35mm negative and slides
  • Refine your search

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“The model I write about here is I think now out of...”

Written on: 31/03/2010 by Holiday Rep (8 reviews written)

The model I write about here is I think now out of production but there are several other models of very similar usability from this manufacturer, all with similar performance qualities. Most of these other models also use the same range of cartidges (5 single colours and a black)
    Other models in the range are all known as STYLUS Photo - R200, R300, RX600, RX620, RX640 etc.
    I write about this printer with some serious reservation.
    Yes it has given me very good service even though throughout… Read Full Review

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“The card reader is great, and the print quality, when...”

Written on: 23/04/2008

The card reader is great, and the print quality, when it works.
    Yesterday, I was supplied with my third printer, since Xmas.
    Therefore I do not recommend Epson Stylus Photo RX500… Read Full Review

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“This machine is expensive to run and consumes ink by...”

Written on: 24/01/2008

This machine is expensive to run and consumes ink by the gallon but, worst of all, as far as I am aware the cartridges cannot be recycled. See the small print on most cartridge recycling facilities - NOT Epson. Epson website does, however, offer a recycling service via any of their 'Epson Express' centres - just try and find one!
    As a small business who endeavour to be as environmentally friendly as humanly possible, this printer counter-acts all our other efforts. It is being replaced, this… Read Full Review

Peace1's Comment

Written on: 21/03/2010

I found this review very helpful because it supports my experience with another epson printer the R200.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2011

If you change to epson compatible inks you can then recycle them. I have been using them for years with no adverse effects on the printer and the print quality is just as good.

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“Very happy with the RX500 it has been a reliable...”

Written on: 06/09/2007 by markcross (1 review written)

Very happy with the RX500 it has been a reliable printer that is so easy to use. I love the one button print, scan and copy functions. The contact sheet print selection if you are just using memory cards and not connected to a PC is fantastic. I use this printer in the office and out at events for instant prints from my camera. Very good, very cheap to run. Never had a problem yet… Read Full Review

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“When it's good it's very, very good but when it's bad...”

Written on: 26/08/2007 by Mikecade (1 review written)

When it's good it's very, very good but when it's bad it's horrid. My RX500 has produced excellent results but at a cost - very thirsty on ink and prone to all sorts of problems ranging from being over-sensitive to the way paper is fed into it to producing a variety of blemishes on the finished product. Relevant Epson support is non-existent… Read Full Review

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“When we bought it we were looking for a good quality...”

Written on: 05/07/2007 by Rose3 (1 review written)

When we bought it we were looking for a good quality printer that would not cost us an arm and a leg in ink. We bought it at Staples and I feel let down. I would not recommend this printer to anyone. I don't think I would buy an Epson again either. I heard good things about Epson and this printer has not done a thing for us… Read Full Review

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“This Epson Stylus Photo RX500 is not what I call a...”

Written on: 14/05/2006 by skylarks (3 reviews written)

This Epson Stylus Photo RX500 is not what I call a user friendly printer. It seems to have a mind of its own… Read Full Review

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“I bought the Epson Stylus Photo RX500 multifunction...”

Written on: 12/03/2006 by wimbledonian (5 reviews written)

I bought the Epson Stylus Photo RX500 multifunction printer for my father, but I found it hard to use. My own Epson printer, which is an ancient Stylus Colour 860, warns you against using the head cleaning function as it wastes ink. The RX500 does this every time it starts up, whether or not the heads need cleaning - there is progress for you!… Read Full Review

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“I love the Epson Stylus Photo RX500 printer - if it...”

Written on: 05/10/2005 by warringeagle (1 review written)

I love the Epson Stylus Photo RX500 printer - if it were not for the cost of the ink, and the rate at which it is used up. Even printing black ink only on economy setting, the ink is 20% low after only a month of minimal use! Unreal! My former Epson (6 years old) did not use nearly this much ink! If you have lots of pictures to do, it will become very expensive. I feel a little burned by Epson at the ongoing expense of using the printer. I would look elsewhere. My next printer may not be an… Read Full Review

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“I was really looking forward to using the Epson Stylus...”

Written on: 10/05/2005 by aw (1 review written)

I was really looking forward to using the Epson Stylus Photo RX500 of this new machine as I recently was married and had to send out photos to multiple people. I thought it would be a good value and be able to crank out pics. Unfortunately, there are many problems with the printer. One of which, I am beginning to believe the buttons surrounding the lcd screen are just a selling point, as you think you will be able to reset or clear the machine if it begins to act up. None of the buttons on… Read Full Review

Epson Stylus Photo RX500

“This Epson Stylus Photo RX500 is the first 3 in 1...”

Written on: 03/05/2004 by flatroofer2 (3 reviews written)

This Epson Stylus Photo RX500 is the first 3 in 1 Multifunction Printer, Scanner and Copier to have 6 inks, which I had been waiting for. This was to save room and to save the trouble of setting up each device. My priority was a good printer, which turned out to be brilliant. BUT here comes the crunch, you need to have a degree in computer studies to operate the stupid thing. It realy is difficult to operate. It seems to have a mind of its own. Printing on its own, printing on start up without… Read Full Review

159150_Deanoking's Response to flatroofer2's Review

Written on: 17/06/2004

I have used the RX500 and found it very easy to use, if your reviewer is having problems then maybe he should RTFM (read the flipping manual).

208763_Ericfrance's Response to flatroofer2's Review

Written on: 03/09/2005

I was delighted with the printer but after 13 months a service warning came up. 48 hours later it stopped working all together with the note "error". I expect to be told that the machine is not worth repairing. As a consequence I am looking at the HP Photosmart 2610 as a replacement.

Ravenblade2004's Response to flatroofer2's Review

Written on: 17/01/2005

I have the printer and its not rocket science to use it. Seriously its not that hard. As I just got it yesterday I'm impressed with its speed, quality and detail of the pictures, its also the quietest printer I've ever had. The scanner is a bonus as well because it is top quality. The only problem is that the printer is quite bulky.

Cvkewley's Response to flatroofer2's Review

Written on: 20/08/2004

The rx500 is simplicity itself to use. The front panel is a doddle. Read the manual!!