Fuji Finepix 40i Reviews

• Image Quality

Summary

Platforms:
Windows, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows NT 5, Windows NT 4
Fuji Finepix 40i - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fuji Finepix 40i

Fuji Finepix 40i

“This Fuji Finepix 40i is a great camara, is my fist...”

Written on: 28/10/2003 by ramoncampollo (1 review written)

This Fuji Finepix 40i is a great camara, is my fist and my last one, but i have a problem and I don`t know what to do. I live in Guatemala and i got robbed and they rob al the cables( usb, control, carger and the software cds) i dont know were i can purchase all the cables because with out that is very hard to use all the functions of the camara.
If you have any info were i can buy the usb interface and the mp3 control and teh video cable please write me to ramoncampollo@guate.net.gt.
Thak you… Read Full Review

“Fantastic bit of kit. Small (very small, about the...”

Written on: 18/07/2003 by Wendyb47. (1 review written)

Fantastic bit of kit. Small (very small, about the size of a cigarette packet), easy to use controls/buttons, and crystal clear viewfinder image. Pictures upload to computer with minimum fuss and are always excellent quality. I know this model has been upgraded, but I love this camera so much I reckon I'd buy it all over again… Read Full Review

“This is my first and only digital camera. I love it...”

Written on: 09/02/2003 by phill1210. (1 review written)

This is my first and only digital camera. I love it for the price first class, I'd buy fugi again… Read Full Review

“A great digital camera for its size. I have never...”

Written on: 16/09/2001 by Mike Ayling. (1 review written)

A great digital camera for its size. I have never taken so many pictures - because of its size you can take it anywhere.
Really amazed at the quality and I haven't even been using the highest setting.
Not used the MP3 function but then that's what I have my MP3 player for.
Only gripe is the software that comes with it - had to buy some additional software for touching up & printing etc.
One of the few gadgets that I have brought that has really lived up to and exceeded my expectations!… Read Full Review

“This is my first digital camera, it does everything I...”

Written on: 24/07/2001 by Richard Smeeton. (1 review written)

This is my first digital camera, it does everything I want in a camera and more. Picture quality is excellent, the USB downloading software bundled performs well. All the controls, including software are easy to use and intuitive.

Ability to record short video clips in AVI format is pretty cool, but is low resolution only because of memory usage.

The MP3 features are poor so don't buy this if you want a gadget primarily for music… Read Full Review

“I bought the 40i after returning a Ricoh 5300 for...”

Written on: 24/07/2001 by Andy Lane. (1 review written)

I bought the 40i after returning a Ricoh 5300 for repair. It was being sold at a greatly reduced price as the 50i was being launched = I was impressed by the size of the Fuji, which was primarily why I bought it. The fact that it played music & videos was a bonus, but not something that I've really delved into yet.Needless to say, I didnt want the Ricoh back after seeing this camera!

It did let me down when I needed it most though - My cousins were visiting from the States & the lens cover… Read Full Review

“Being new to digital photography I chose the Fuji...”

Written on: 12/07/2001 by Ade Williams. (1 review written)

Being new to digital photography I chose the Fuji Finepix 40i because it looked a good, solid, mid-range model, but I was amazed at the quality of image produced by such a tiny camera! Theres enough features to keep the fun/amateur user happy and the MP3 player and video features makes this a great little piece of equipment. If you want fantastic looking pictures at a very affordable price and want to look good at the same time, this is THE camera!… Read Full Review

“Because the Fuji finepix 40i has no zoom only the best...”

Written on: 02/07/2001 by Barry Zone. (1 review written)

Because the Fuji finepix 40i has no zoom only the best resolution is of any practical use when editing (cropping) the pictures on your computer. When taking a picture one has to take special care to get only the wanted shot in the frame. And the user has to move forwards , generally, so as not to get unwanted peripheral material in the picture. The lens is ok for taking scenic views; at this it is perfect, but for portraits it is to wide angle for ease of use. What I really want is this size… Read Full Review

5045_Alan.'s Response to 2733_Barry Zone.'s Review

Written on: 18/10/2001

I am baffled by Barry's comment regarding the lack of a zoom for stills on this camera. There is a digital zoom of up to 3.75x dependant upon resolution.
<br>I consider this review to be poorly researched and invalid.

Miccus's Response to 2733_Barry Zone.'s Review

Written on: 12/09/2003

Barry is right there is no zoom. You can only zoom on pictures you have already taken. Not really a zoom at all!

“Had the Fuji Finepix 40i a short period of time and...”

Written on: 03/06/2001 by Peter Deeney. (1 review written)

Had the Fuji Finepix 40i a short period of time and been very happy with it so far. Tried all the features, including software, and been very impressed… Read Full Review

“The Finepix 40i is a great little fun digital camera...”

Written on: 03/06/2001 by David White. (1 review written)

The Finepix 40i is a great little fun digital camera but with a quality output. Eats up the batteries so be prepared to always carry spare power… Read Full Review

“Lightweight, easy to handle good picture and first...”

Written on: 27/05/2001 by Mrs Sandra Potts. (1 review written)

Lightweight, easy to handle good picture and first class digital sound reproduction. Overall first class camera and MP3 player. Highly recommended… Read Full Review