Epson AcuLaser C900 Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Epson AcuLaser C900 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Epson AcuLaser C900

Epson AcuLaser C900

“I bought this Epson Aculaser C900 printer as a...”

Written on: 17/01/2007 by lewist (37 reviews written)

I bought this Epson Aculaser C900 printer as a replacement for my sick inkjet printer. I also run a very old Canon LBP 1260 (an HP Laserjet 4+ in disguise) which is fantastic. It meets my black and white needs and I really wanted someting that would do colour without fuss.

I found the C900 on offer from Printer Database for £250 with a free inkjet printer thrown in. I sold the inkjet unopened for £80 so I got the new laser printer for £170 which was pretty amazing at the time.

The C900… Read Full Review

Lewist's Response to lewist's Review

Written on: 06/03/2008

To update my review, the toner did start to run out and I wanted to be able to print photographs of my daughter's wedding to send to friends and family so I bought refills on eBay - a full set for 60pound - and they worked really well.

Countdamonie's Response to lewist's Review

Written on: 10/09/2011

You need to Max out the memory, 128MB + Printer Memory I think over 227 MB. If printing a lot of pictures it's a must.

Epson AcuLaser C900

“The Epson Aculaser C900 is a quality printer for a...”

Written on: 27/06/2005 by alfienumeric (1 review written)

The Epson Aculaser C900 is a quality printer for a small business. Cheap to buy and a very reliable workhorse. I've not had any problems in 18 months of ownership and seems such a shame to throw it away, but that is what I have to do. The hideouos cost of replacing the toner cartridges means it is cheaper to buy a new printer. The plus side is I have now bought a more up-to-date printer, the C1100, for £249.99. To buy three colour and one black cartridge and a new photoconductor, which all went… Read Full Review

Epson AcuLaser C900

“The Epson Aculaser C900 was the first colour laser...”

Written on: 06/04/2005 by Jasonnaicker (9 reviews written)

The Epson Aculaser C900 was the first colour laser printer I have bought for home/small office use. The thing is heavy, but I don't move it other than to unjam paper and load up consumables.

Epson seem to treat small business users with contempt. The cost of consumables is more than a new printer and they all seem to run out at the same time… Read Full Review

Epson AcuLaser C900

“Had an inkjet printer previously and the Epson...”

Written on: 21/01/2005 by Pedromot (2 reviews written)

Had an inkjet printer previously and the Epson Aculaser C900 is a huge improvement. Put in a new black cartridge which was very easy to do. Now found that I can get bottles of toner refills which cost one third of the price.
Obviously, Epson don't want people to know this so that they can sell more expensive products!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Epson AcuLaser C900

“Having had a Aculaser C1000 for a long time I was...”

Written on: 19/10/2004 by rosamund (1 review written)

Having had a Aculaser C1000 for a long time I was happy to try an Aculaser C900. Actually I bought a C900N, with a network card. The network never software is a disaster, it does not work, and Epson costumer help is another disaster. Also it comes with a toner that has a brief life, and the replacement is too expensive, and it has to be done too soon after purchase. A disapointment. Epson never more!… Read Full Review

Epson AcuLaser C900

“I was too trusting of a very good name! Initially I...”

Written on: 19/08/2004 by Bob the carto (1 review written)

I was too trusting of a very good name! Initially I was delighted with my purchase - vibrant colours especially. The joy was short-lived as soon as I tried to print a flat 15% yellow backwash. The result of this and all similar attempts with all colours was truly dreadful - stripey and banded, particularly within an inch or two of the edges. Full marks to the Epson engineers who gave me 3 visits, and swapped everything out including the laser itself - to no avail. If you want to print letters… Read Full Review

Epson AcuLaser C900

“Initially I thought I had found a sensible and cheap...”

Written on: 09/07/2004 by craigpetch (1 review written)

Initially I thought I had found a sensible and cheap departmental colour laser and bought 5 Epson Aculaser C900.

However, the consumables don't last long and are expensive which is presumably why the printer price is so low (I calculated that a full set of consumables would cost considerably more than a new printer).

The reliability is also poor, I've had the printers 18 months(ish) and two have now failed, a call to Epson deduced an expensive engineering repair (after eating several of… Read Full Review

Epson AcuLaser C900

“At only £399 including VAT for this Epson Aculaser...”

Written on: 27/04/2004 by BorisHotch (4 reviews written)

At only £399 including VAT for this Epson Aculaser C900 colour laser printer, it's really quite hard to fault it for the money.

It's only recently that the prices have come down for colour lasers, so they are now in the price range for the small office.

We have only just recently bought our third C900, having had several of the older Epson C1000 printers before.

Needing to get another laser, my first intentions were to get another C1000, but they had unfortunately been replaced by the… Read Full Review

Countdamonie's Response to BorisHotch's Review

Written on: 10/09/2011

Where did you buy it Mate? You got done like a kipper, I bought my c900 for £127. Ouch........