Peugeot 309 Gti Reviews

Peugeot 309 Gti - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Peugeot 309 Gti

Peugeot 309 Gti
Peugeot 309 Gti

“i have a Peugeot 309 Gti ongoing im turning it in to a...”

Written on: 20/06/2009 by chloe graham (1 review written)

i have a Peugeot 309 Gti ongoing im turning it in to a racing van for track and showdays,these cars r the ultimate gtis best car i have ever owned… Read Full Review

“I first drove one of these about 12 years ago and was...”

Written on: 18/12/2008

I first drove one of these about 12 years ago and was very impressed, I needed a second car this year so saw my current car on a auction website and haven't looked back. Not sure about the comments on fuel useage by others as mine seems pretty good even when hammered a bit… Read Full Review

“The 309 is just an amazing car. It's old. It's cheap....”

Written on: 07/08/2008 by redrebo (21 reviews written)

The 309 is just an amazing car. It's old. It's cheap. It's economical. It's a sweetheart. Although it isn't exactly your state of the art honda civic or warrior Volkswagon Golf, it's a car that needs to be driven with heart and pride. Its looks are still hooking to the eye, and the interior still does the job without looking too antique, and it ages very well which means you can find one in very good condition for very little money. All this makes the 309 perfect for a first car or used car… Read Full Review

“I have only owned my Peugeot 309 Gti for a couple of...”

Written on: 19/06/2006 by 309goodwood (1 review written)

I have only owned my Peugeot 309 Gti for a couple of months but overall I am very pleased with my purchase.
Ok I have had to replace quite a few parts to get it past it's MOT (Was dry stored for 5 years before I bought her) but in relation to a new car these parts were "cheap as chips" and relatively easy to fit, and now she is on the road well worth the wait!

There are also good sources of information, the best one being 309-gti.co.uk

Hope this helps

Oh, and another thing, if you are… Read Full Review

“I loved my Peugeot 309 Gti. It was pretty fast and...”

Written on: 13/09/2005 by Pikey mullet (1 review written)

I loved my Peugeot 309 Gti. It was pretty fast and loved going round corners because of some weird suspension set up on the back.
I nearly got 120 out of it but I ran out of road (Leven bypass near Hull).I believe twockers won't steal these because when they try and kick off the steering lock it breaks the pinion (I dont know how true this is!) I would have kept my car but when my brakes failed on a cold icy night it had to go. Overall yes get one… Read Full Review

“What can I say about the Peugeot 309 Gti. If anyone...”

Written on: 22/04/2005 by jiggabadger309 (1 review written)

What can I say about the Peugeot 309 Gti. If anyone can find a more powerful & better handling car for under £1000 then please let me know. I never knew it was possible to take a 90degree corner at 80mph!!!

Only let down really is that there aren't many modified body parts available which is why you rarely see highly modified 309s.

Very big arches so with a tiny bit of arch work, 17's and a 50mm drop are possible.

Bought a regular 1.3 309 2 years ago. It was lowered 110mm on gti alloys and… Read Full Review

“Other than what I have mentioned above the Peugeot 309...”

Written on: 25/10/2004 by sexyemma (1 review written)

Other than what I have mentioned above the Peugeot 309 Gti is a world class car and I hope i'll always have one… Read Full Review

“God what a bad purchase this Peugeot 309 Gti was and I...”

Written on: 19/08/2004 by butthead (1 review written)

God what a bad purchase this Peugeot 309 Gti was and I will say that I was right previously in always saying never ever buy a french car, problem after problem after problem. on the up side if you have a love for a bit of tinkering under the bonnet do not be dis-heartened as this is realy a true performer and needs a real driver at the wheel to be driven hard as it will punnish you if you are not ready. The words LIFT OFF OVERSTEER spring to mind. For those of you unsure as to what this… Read Full Review

“I was given the Peugeot 309 Gti car for free. Before I...”

Written on: 14/06/2004 by minimatan (1 review written)

I was given the Peugeot 309 Gti car for free. Before I stepped in it I had no idea as to its reputation. I have always liked my cars to be sharp and to handle well, having owned a Mini for 5 years previously.

To say that I am impressed is an understatement! This car has planty of grunt, luxurious seats, and the chassis is superbly responsive. It handles like it is on rails, but with none of the gloss over that a modern car adds, so it is a really down to earth drive while you throw it round… Read Full Review

“I bought my Peugeot 309 Gti for about £100 4 months...”

Written on: 23/12/2003 by kenh2k2 (1 review written)

I bought my Peugeot 309 Gti for about £100 4 months ago and its been a quality drive every day. I'm 19 so this is only my second car, the first one I had was a 1989 ford escort 1.3. the escort was better on top end speed but the 309 is loads faster through the gears and a lot lighter, so handly is much better. ive just started work on it and have added an induction kit and a few decals, thats it so far but its a great car for people just starting out and want cheap performance. great car!… Read Full Review

“I have owned a 309 gti for about 3 years, despite a...”

Written on: 08/07/2003 by chimpy. (1 review written)

I have owned a 309 gti for about 3 years, despite a few test drives in other hot hatches, nothing i have tried has beaten its combination of performance and practicality. The fact is everyone knows of the sheer driveability of the 205 gti but the 309 is normally overlooked. The 309 weighs an extra 75kg over the 205. The extra weight is over the rear wheels improving weight distrubution. The affect on performance can be reversed with a few engine mods, payed for with the money saved on… Read Full Review

Gunge's Response to 114141_chimpy.'s Review

Written on: 07/09/2003

you hit the nail on the head the 309 is alot better then 205 and near enough anything in its class

Dusty1151657's Response to 114141_chimpy.'s Review

Written on: 29/01/2005

I love the 309 I have done many mods to it. I got mine for £400 and its great - the best car I have ever driven.
<br>P.S. we could do with some pictures in this review.

Oysterconserve's Response to 114141_chimpy.'s Review

Written on: 09/12/2003

I my self own a 309gti, paid less than £400 for it, a few dents and afew seat tears. owned from BRAND NEW by the same owner, who registered it!
<br>all i have done is put a induction kitt on it and a piper exhaust system.
<br>the car had a new engine put in months before i bought it and runs well!
<br>i've done 40 odd thousand miles in her and some is HARD driving, i also play in a few bands, all my gear fits in the boot no worries, she loves it!
<br>handleing is superb, she sticks to the floor when i need it, even though its 11 years old, she still holds her own with a lot of modern cars, NEVER been ashamed! cost me £120 to put through the last MOT, .... in 40,000 miles?? thats good for me!!
<br>she has also acquired the affectionate nick name from all my friends of "THE WAGON" because she is!!
<br>i love this car, it does what it says on the box and more. ok some of the build quality on the interior is a bit shabby, but it adds character for me!!
<br>i LOVE this car!