Aprilia Scarabeo 500 Reviews

Aprilia Scarabeo 500 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Aprilia Scarabeo 500

Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Aprilia Scarabeo 500

“Scarabeo 500ie red riding in Greece”

Written on: 20/08/2012 by Aries71 (1 review written)

I've bought a 2011 sparkling rubino rosso Scarabeo in April 2011 and I've been riding it so far, without any major complaints. The engine has torque and at everyday riding on a full fuel tank, can take me up to 220 kms. If you enjoy the quality in construction and the retro looks in a medium size 500cc scooter, that has big wheels and good driveability, both in urban and highway routes, then the Scarabeo is satisfactory. I use it for my everyday commute to work but I also take it to… Read Full Review

Aries71's Response to Aries71's Review

Written on: 21/08/2012

In addition, I have to say that Scarabeo has reached a couple of weeks ago on the open road, a top speed of 165 kms/hour with two riders and it felt like it rode without hesitation. The feel of the engine is not sporty, yet when it reaches 20kms and more accelerates smoothly. If you prefer economy riding, then the middle range will serve you well, especially if you are a "smooth operator" at all times!

“Hi,I have a Aprilia Scarabeo 500. I bought it for...”

Written on: 18/06/2010

Hi,I have a Aprilia Scarabeo 500. I bought it for travaling to work 42miles one way.I have 3500 on it and it.

This week on my way to work it stopped running the fuel pump went out they fixed it.

I have had a great time riding it on the highway.People wave at me all the time.other biker are nice and ask what i am driving. the guys at work make fun of me a bit but they all ask to try the bike out and say it rides nice and looks great. I ride to work with some guys that have Harley and… Read Full Review

“Fun and easy to ride! Sports car handling and...”

Written on: 16/03/2010

Fun and easy to ride! Sports car handling and response. Pleanty of power for two even up a hill! Great weather protection and engineering ex two front disc brakes, easy battery acces, Comfy seat etc. Very reliable and depandable. Grat value for the money!… Read Full Review

“Probably the most dependable scooter on the market....”

Written on: 17/07/2008

Probably the most dependable scooter on the market. Great pick up. Low maintenance. Need a little more leg room. Maybe highway foot pegs… Read Full Review

“I would recomend the Aprilia Scarabeo to someone who...”

Written on: 26/05/2008 by howleh (1 review written)

I would recomend the Aprilia Scarabeo to someone who needs to have room for a passenger or who needs a bike that can keep up with any traffic. In town it is sometimes over powered. On open roads it is smooth and in its element.
I can say that most times in the city I wish I had a Sportcity 250 i.e. However, with two of us and the potential for 1,000+ mile trips, I'd say i chose a really nice all around bike that gets twice the gas mileage of most other motorcycles… Read Full Review

“Over all I love the Aprilia Scarabeo and would...”

Written on: 02/12/2007

Over all I love the Aprilia Scarabeo and would recommend it to anyone that loves fun twisty roads...in and out of traffic type riding but I would not recommend this scooter for a novice rider… Read Full Review

“I'm amazed more bike manufacturers have not offered...”

Written on: 26/05/2007 by craigku (1 review written)

I'm amazed more bike manufacturers have not offered automatic shifting on their bikes. The clutch was one of the most intimidating aspects of motorcyling and this bike completely eliminates that variable. You get a lot of bang for your buck with this bike… Read Full Review

“The Aprilia Scarabeo 500 is a top performing scooter. ...”

Written on: 04/06/2005 by ron6788 (1 review written)

The Aprilia Scarabeo 500 is a top performing scooter. It looks great and is smooth and fast. I think Aprilia really put some thought into making it amenable. There's a gas gauge like a car's with a pretty large tank, a clock, plenty of leg room, built-on trunk that's quite roomy, and a fairing that includes hand guards and lowers. Once I got used to how it handles in the wind, I couldn't be more satisfied with taking the S500 everywhere I go!… Read Full Review

Jmnt089's Response to ron6788's Review

Written on: 15/06/2005

These Scarabeo 500's appear to be very nice bikes. I like the 16" wheels which they come equip'd with. Seems like that would make them so much easier to ride. I am currently riding a SilverWing and really enjoy it. But, when it comes time to swap it out, this is definitely one bike I'll have to look at. I have to ask, however, does it have a power plug? That is one thing, I really miss not hav'n on my Swing, which I'll remedy here shortly.

Ron6788's Response to ron6788's Review

Written on: 20/06/2005

jmnt089-
The S500 has a 12V power socket inside the glove compartment. I've never used it but the manual says it can be used for things like charging a cellphone.