Gilera VXR 200 Reviews

Gilera VXR 200 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gilera VXR 200

Gilera VXR 200
Gilera VXR 200

“I have owned 2 180sp runners over the years was gutted...”

Written on: 31/05/2010

I have owned 2 180sp runners over the years was gutted to hear they stopped making them. So I bought a brand new shape 200 vxr. was ok at first but never had the pull off as the 180sp. So i added a racing clutch and Vairator kit. Now i just love the bike. it comes up off the lights like the old one does. and have even reached 90mph on the A2 on it. I use it for work daily. from kent to london. these bikes are just great! and cheap and cheerfull. it is great for the run in and out of london. I… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2011

What is the fuel consumption exactly?

Dazzall's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2013

I wrote this review and still have the same vxr 200 runner in black now. owned since 2007. A few more tuning bits on it now Pm tuning pipe.
I'm sure you have seen me flying backwards and forwards welling Kent to London. still a great bike. just changed the engine mounts and new clutch, belt, done about 18000 miles. still going strong and even still got the wheelies in it Full tank under £10. last 4 days the way I ride.
So after 6 years still going strong. A Bargain for work.
Look out for me DA55.

“I think the power for a relatively small bike is...”

Written on: 24/12/2008 by Bonnie123 (1 review written)

I think the power for a relatively small bike is excellent. The initial acceleration is a bit poor but when moving it certainly makes up for this. The petrol consumption is also excellent.
There are some bad points and sadly they to me seem potentially dangerous. The first is the terrible tendancy to 'tramline'. I have been riding bikes from mopeds up to superbikes and this bike is the only bike I have ever ridden where the front wheel takes you wherever the scar in the road goes. This problem… Read Full Review

“Been looking for a Gilera VXR200 after riding a mates...”

Written on: 21/10/2008

Been looking for a Gilera VXR200 after riding a mates and being impressed. Finally got an 07 facelift version and can say I am not at all dissapointed. I own a vintage Lambretta great for the summer and weekends posing but wanted a work commuter/run-a-round.
The VXR is very nimble and great through traffic. The new 14" wheels I am informed by the friend who owns the older style make the scooter a lot more stable than previous and the brakes are also improved with larger discs. I am returning… Read Full Review

“The Gilera VXR 200 is a great all around scooter,...”

Written on: 09/07/2008

The Gilera VXR 200 is a great all around scooter, powerful. Geared 125 cc can't keep up! You need to buy one!… Read Full Review

“My friend has a Gilera Runner vx125 with an after...”

Written on: 01/07/2008

My friend has a Gilera Runner vx125 with an after market scorpion exhaust and my vxr absolutly flys past him at all speeds. Very good at low revs as its quitet and also overtaking cars is no problem what so ever with 21bhp as standard. Buy one!… Read Full Review

“I,m from Holland so my English is not very good but I...”

Written on: 20/01/2006 by hans teeuwen (1 review written)

I,m from Holland so my English is not very good but I must say that the engine runs very smooth like an electric motor. I have lots of fun me and my girlfriend, a must have… Read Full Review

“Bought this after selling a 180sp and getting a 125vx,...”

Written on: 29/11/2005 by Styve100 (6 reviews written)

Bought this after selling a 180sp and getting a 125vx, Needed more power but also a search for more economy than the 180. So pleased they produced this bike, it's a dream totally quite as you buzz along but go for an overtake twist the throttle and it growls and goes.... brilliant and very smooth. Weight is a bit noticeable after the 2 stroke but will get used to this, handling a bit different. Initially had the same cold starting problems with this as a 125vx but put a new plug in and it's ok… Read Full Review

Carlh's Response to Styve100's Review

Written on: 17/04/2008

How does this compare to you 180SP speed-wise? Would like one of these for reliability and being 4T but also want some power.

“I have now covered about 3000 miles on my Gilera...”

Written on: 08/07/2004 by psavin (2 reviews written)

I have now covered about 3000 miles on my Gilera VXR200 over a one year period with only one non start which was rectified by my dealer within 24 hours!

I live near Paignton in South Devon and have now made several trips to Exeter and Plymouth on the bike. Its a great scooter and the longer the journey the better as the power it gives is superb when cruising up and down the hills in Devon. I find keeping the throttle open slightly on some bends helps with balance and road holding. (It takes a… Read Full Review

“I originally bought the 125cc version of the Gilera...”

Written on: 11/05/2004 by airwater (1 review written)

I originally bought the 125cc version of the Gilera VXR 200 straight after I did my CBT. The design is sexy but soon I wanted a bit more oomph. I sold it and bought the 200cc version 3 months later.

The 200 only delivers marginally worse economy at 68 mpg versus the 125's 78 mpg. It's well worth the sacrifice. It eats traffic in town! It's one of the kings of the city able with it's narrow profile and strong accelleration. Overtaking with the 125 demanded perfect timing but with the 200 it is… Read Full Review

Gitster's Response to airwater's Review

Written on: 08/04/2008

hi, does anyone know when 1st they started putting the catalytic converters on the runner vxr 200s and if it made any difference to their performance?

Johndglynn's Response to airwater's Review

Written on: 24/10/2009

Brilliant review Alan, thanks for your efforts on this.